Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Hola

Carlota Casiraghi y Athina Onassis, amigas y rivales en los circuitos hípicos

Old 08-27-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Agreed, but I don't think we should judge Charlotte's riding skills on those pictures. Tintero is completely "open" but we don't know if it was just a light warm-up to strech his muscles before real work, and in one of the pics it looks as if one of the warming-up obstacles fell down at his feet and the horse was scared.
She certainly knows how to ride "round" because we've seen her doing it.

Also, those pics weren't taken by a horse photographer but by a paparazzi who probably couldn't tell a shetland poney from a thoroughbred. He didn't know which were the goods pics and he probably uploaded that set simply because Charlotte's face was clearer and nicer.
It looked like she knocked down the side, not just one of the bars. It was a weird picture. I wondered what happened but couldn't figure it out. It looked like she and Tintero just went on their merry way and didn't bat an eyelid!

Charlotte on DAY 2 - GCT Rio/CSI AOIHS, Friday 27 April 2010 (Getty Images)
She was #7 in the rankings.... with 5 faults. It was a 1m30 "special mix" course. I'm assuming only the top 6 above her did the jump off because she doesn't have a result in that column. I couldn't stay to watch the whole thing.
http://www.globalchampionstour.com/e...h-one-jump-off

Old 08-28-2010, 11:36 AM

The news from Day 3: Charlotte and Tintero were eliminated today. I didn't see it so I have no idea why.

Some different pics today, well two at any rate:
O DIA ONLINE - DIVERSO & TV - Chega de marasmo: Rio tem fim de semana para l de agitado!

With Alex:
EGO - NOTÍCIAS - Princesa de Mônaco beija namorado brasileiro em evento no Rio (there you see Alex showing some love, squeezing her hand, for those who say he doesn't ever show affection!)
Old 08-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Courtier

^ Love those pics of her and Alex

A random picture from the jumping in portugal:
Image - TinyPic - Kostenlose Bild- und Videospeicherung und gemeinsame Nutzung von Fotos
from caras
Old 08-29-2010, 03:53 PM

Athina Onassis, dia 2 - Site RG / Festa - IG

I love the pic where she's with Alex and looks directly to the camera
Old 08-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte had a better year in 2010 on the GCT. She won $2250 versus $785 last year. More telling, she made the finals (at least 1 day) at every location except Monaco (didn't compete in Hamburg). I'm wondering if she will stay with the GCT next year or go the route of Athina. The GCT doesn't seem to offer anything for competitors at CSI 3-4*. I think Charlotte is ready to move to a new level and height. It will also be interesting to see if she stays with Troy or tries a different horse.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I think Charlotte is ready to move to a new level and height. It will also be interesting to see if she stays with Troy or tries a different horse.
Of course, these are just opinions but I don't think Charlotte is at all ready to move on. Actually this years she's been jumping in a higher level than she should. She's not even able to place among the 3 best riders in an amateur 1'20 competition.
If she was serious about riding she'd stop the tour, and improve her 1'20 courses near home before trying to do too much.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

She should go into learning with a pro in another country.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_miwa View Post
Athina Onassis, dia 2 - Site RG / Festa - IG

I love the pic where she's with Alex and looks directly to the camera
I like those pics a lot. I like the one where Andrea touches her hand. I can sort of imagine the conversation, Charlotte all down on herself and disappointed with her result, and Andrea (Alex's mother) touches her hand and says, "Sweetheart, you had fun? Good, you are in Rio! We're having fun! That's what matters!" And then, in another pic, she's looking at Athina's wedding ring. oooo haha I won't say it.

I won't presume to give anyone advice on equestrian training, but what trep and Empress are saying makes a lot of sense. A new trainer seems to be a good thing for all riders. I remember Doda telling a reporter at the Gucci Masters why he and Athina left Neco, not because of anything personal, but they were just ready to switch to a new program. I guess it helps to keep you on your toes, learning new techniques and ideas, and always challenging yourself. I can see that if you stay too long with the same trainer you can get too comfortable.

The question for Charlotte is, who? She can't go with Edwina, because Edwina is too busy. There is no way Edwina could take the time to be her trainer. The same goes for Philippe; I can't believe he'd do it either.
She might consider Jean-Maurice Bonneau, the guy who's training Doda and Athina. Bonneau is actually Thierry's good buddy.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 PM

I actually dont know much about Charlotte's Equestrian Career or how many horses she owns, how often she trains, (my own lifelong love for horses and taking as many lessons in different theories and types of riding as I have been able to for my 28 years, so having thus far a long personal experience with the world myself I understand the talk of bits, bridles, saddles) so I thank you all for this information regarding Charlotte and what she is competing in, and at what level, and to learn more about her horses and hopefully a long promising career in this industry.

It's delightful to see that the legacy of such majestic elegant creatures continues on, with any family, but particularly a royal one.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Courtier

more Rio Jumping pics from isopix:
Image - TinyPic - Kostenlose Bild- und Videospeicherung und gemeinsame Nutzung von Fotos
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by

With Alex:
[URL="http://ego.globo.com/Gente/Noticias/0,,MUL1615945-9798,00-PRINCESA+DE+MONACO+BEIJA+NAMORADO+BRASILEIRO+EM+EVENTO+NO+RIO.html"
EGO - NOTÍCIAS - Princesa de Mônaco beija namorado brasileiro em evento no Rio[/URL]
CHARLOTTE, SEEMS THE Alice in Wonderland !!!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaby318 View Post
more Rio Jumping pics from isopix:
There's been a long time that i can't see pics that are uploaded in tiny pic. And i can't upload pics in that site either. Anyone else has that problem? Because i would like to see them!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

LetthemeatCake, that is such a great picture of Daria. Loved that spread of hers.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I'd stay in France and I'd pick Michel Robert as a trainer (if he wanted of me)
Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 PM

Thank you, Empress Merel.

I agree, I loved the Dossier Journal ed too, and the photo in my av has become one of my very favourite photos.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
She already does, sort of...
Technically, she resides in Monaco and London...but I *believe*she trains in Paris/Fontainebleau....

(we ARE still talking about Charlotte, right?)
Old 08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Nathalie Cox, the pics are also posted at TFS. Can you view them with this link?: Charlotte Casiraghi - Page 51 - the Fashion Spot
Old 08-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post
She already does, sort of...
Technically, she resides in Monaco and London...but I *believe*she trains in Paris/Fontainebleau....

(we ARE still talking about Charlotte, right?)
Well, technicity appart, monegasques are french. She's not really foreigner in Paris.
And even if she still spends time in London, she's back to Paris and to the same trainer she's had for more than 10 years, now.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
Thank you, Empress Merel.

I agree, I loved the Dossier Journal ed too, and the photo in my av has become one of my very favourite photos.
Mine too. I adore Daria and she always delivers. She is such a great improviser when it comes to posing aswell. She certainly is one my fav models of all time.

And when I say foreign, go to the countries where equestrian is better then anywhere else. In other words: Germany and Netherlands.