The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2010, 06:24 PM

In Chantilly at the weekend and it was very overcast with light breeze.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Troy and Tintero are in the Netherlands this week-end being ridden by Thierry Rozier. Troy came in 17th out of 25th at 1*,1.20. Not much better with the coach riding. I think Tintero starts tomorrow. Hopefully, Charlotte's hand will be well enough to ride next week-end in the Valkenswaad? GCT.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 PM

Yeah, next weekend is the GCT Valkenswaard. Now it is the .... ? Horse Festival of Valkenswaard..... I always thought Thierry was a rough rider. I mean he is just rough. I don't know how else to say it.

Thanks for the news. I forgot about this weekend's event. Maybe Char is there to watch and learn?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

I think Phillippe is also. They are old school and haven't changed with the times. That is the way Charlotte has been taught. Maybe it's a good thing she has become buddies with Edwina Alexander. I have noticed that Charlotte is doing a better job of keeping her legs straight under her when she is jumping. It looks like it might require alot of leg strength.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:38 AM

Philippe is much better than Thierry, though. But then, Philippe does it constantly. Thierry has been so part-time for so long. I know he had a problem some years ago, was suspended but for a short time because he was convicted of a charge of drugging his horse, which he adamantly denied but still he was convicted and fined and given a suspension. but I think there is more to his long breaks. I believe he also has had injuries.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

Troy came in 9th out of 18th with no faults in the 1.25 m today and Tintero came in 1st in the 1.35m. Thierry was the rider both times. Yeah Tintero.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:57 PM

Good for Troy too. Any outing with Troy that brings 0 faults is a good one.

:: EDIT
Sunday last day for Valkenswaard Horse Festival...........
And Troy got second place today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Results Horse Festival Valkenswaard - Special Invitational 1m35
Old 08-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Tintero had a horrible day today. He is usually so consistant. He was in the 1.35m with Troy and came in 10/15 with 12 faults. He must have been resting on his laurels from winning yesterday.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Gentry

Best of luck !!!

Bonjour;

I wish the CHAR. a better luck in Holland with the Tintero; it is the best/optimum horse that she have, until the present date! (LOOK THE RESULTS)

And is most better/beautifull that Brad Pitt !!!! MOST ... MOST BETTER !!!

Of certainty that the horse needs any thing, or (in the pass) happen some thing that he did not like ... and now it is making COMPLAINTS, and it does not jump as a champion.

The horses are like this , before the 12 years, they are always COMPLAINT ...

He needs a few attention from the rider, give more carrots, spinaches watercresses, or ... chestnuts, and grain of cooked peak, dont forget ... nice affection to him CHARLOTTE !!!

For all ... have a nice vacation !!!!

Marie Antoinette Martins
Champs-Élysées
(PARIS)
Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Good for Troy too. Any outing with Troy that brings 0 faults is a good one.

:: EDIT
Sunday last day for Valkenswaard Horse Festival...........
And Troy got second place today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Results Horse Festival Valkenswaard - Special Invitational 1m35
With rider Thierry or Charlotte?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:47 PM

^Thierry

:EDIT:
I just wanted to give this link. It's a PDF from the GCT site about the Valkenswaard programme. Look on the right side. Charlotte is most likely to be doing the 2* small tour. It all starts at 0830 Zurich time, 9 hours ahead of California time. :) But Char MIGHT or might not be doing the 1* invitational 1m35 on the grass arena late morning. 1* is kind of low for her. More likely, she won't be in action until the afternoon for CSI 2* small tour/1m35. Of course, she might do the medium tour (1m40). We'll see!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:54 AM

Today Charlotte jumped Tintero and Troy in the 2-phase 1* Special Invitational 1m20 on the Grand Prix Arena in Valkenswaard. With both horses she had zero faults. With Tintero she was a bit faster and ranked just shy of the prize ranks. Tintero and Troy were ranked 12 and 19 out of 36 places respectively.
38 riders, 36 places.

On the side: Athina is competing, so she's all better after that horrible shoulder injury. She competed this morning on Ricardo.
She was 28/65 places. And Doda with Norson was 19. It was a minor 2*/1m35 on the grass arena.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Martina Hingis is also back and competed against Charlotte in the 1.20. She finished in the 20's. I think Charlotte went easier today because she has just returned from vacation. What has happened to Troy? All of a sudden he is jumping well. Maybe he did get a visit from the horse whisperer.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 AM

Maybe Charlotte finally heeded some great advice on how to ride a very dominant horse like Troy. There is nothing wrong with Troy. He only has a different temperament than Tintero. He's more sensitive, less submissive, but that doesn't make him a bad horse. I wish people on this thread would not be so hard on him.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

We don't have any pics?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

Is not only the horse that has to have all the fault on it. It is also the rider who has to be careful and understand his/her horse's "character" and abilities. It's all about cooperation in this sport. One must be equally good for the other.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:21 AM

^ Totally agree Azure!

Miss Casiraghi had a good day in spite of the intense layer of fog that hung over Valkenswaard this morning. With Tintero she won some prize, 160 euros, being at #6 in the ranks. Their time was 65. Troy did well too, rank #11 and a time of 70.65. Let's hope those horses got a nice fat bag of carrots to snack on after a good day's sport!

Extra note: Athina did all right with Babouche in the first round of the day, at 8 in the morning. They didn't have any faults, but their time was far below any ranks of distinction. But this is Athina's first time back in the game since her injury, so she's just getting warmed up. I'm impressed her shoulder recovered so quickly. That looked like a nasty injury.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Commoner

that is a good new , Good score charlotte (: where we can see the photo ?
Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Today Charlotte and Tintero finished 15/40 with 4 faults in the 1.25m. Troy is back to his old tricks and was eliminated. He did so well on Friday and Saturday having no faults both times. He was at 1.35m today but I still hate to see them backslide. Both here and in Chantillly he was in all out rebellion. Refusing the first jump both times and bucking. He obviously needs more analysis, but we at least know he is a capable horse. This is part of the learning curve for Charlotte also. Learning how to deal with different horse temperments.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 PM

NO PIctures, but you can see video which is better right? On the GCT website you can see video clips by her name in the results. She didn't do so well today. She did OK with Tintero but Troy had two jump refusals.

Also, on this page you can see quotes about Valkenswaard, one from Martina Hingis, and a picture of her riding: Quotes from Valkenswaard - News - Global Champions Tour