Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it's painful now. Horses in pain either don't jump that easily or simply flat out refuse.

It's the same with humans, football players, tennis players or whatever sport, will get more pain later in life. The bodies are still young and recover much sooner. Our knees and legs endure pressure too when we jump or run, but those who are competitive sporters will more likely gain pyshical pains later in life.

Just notice how a lot of sport horses die after they retire. Either it's heart failure or injuries.

I think all prey animals can naturally jump high. I read a buffalo can jump 8 feet high and run 35 mph but to watch them in the wild they look slow and clumsy. It's their natural defense against predators. The problem is when you add a 100 something lb person on a horses back. They may have evolved for that over the centuries though. Horses have been used for farming and military for a very long time.

I love her gucci jacket. And her scarf in the "style" event!

^ Thanks to both of you for those! Char and Tintero look beautiful. And thanks to rerehh for the "at the foot of the podium." That article was cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what can i say!? I still cannot imagine how bad the future of those animals will be!
Anyway, good news of Char for her 4th place, even if it's rare!:flowers:

I don't think it's painful now. Horses in pain either don't jump that easily or simply flat out refuse.

It's the same with humans, football players, tennis players or whatever sport, will get more pain later in life. The bodies are still young and recover much sooner. Our knees and legs endure pressure too when we jump or run, but those who are competitive sporters will more likely gain pyshical pains later in life.

Just notice how a lot of sport horses die after they retire. Either it's heart failure or injuries.
We all die of something in the end. My competition horses have always enjoyed a long life into their mid 20s.

Also, dont forget that a competition horse doesnt jump for weeks in between shows. And if there is one thing I know for sure is that you cant make a horse jump if it doesnt really want to. The good ones love it.

I think all prey animals can naturally jump high. I read a buffalo can jump 8 feet high and run 35 mph but to watch them in the wild they look slow and clumsy. It's their natural defense against predators. The problem is when you add a 100 something lb person on a horses back. They may have evolved for that over the centuries though. Horses have been used for farming and military for a very long time.

Very true about the evolution, working in farming and military, but still, I think they prefer to do these things without someone on their backs. I love that vid. Empress posted showing the horse do it alone. It is probably a lot of fun for the young horse to jump around, not having to carry a human.

That said, I will say it is a beautiful thing to see a horse and a human develop a relationship, where they trust each other and work well together. I think there are some beautiful things about this sport,and some negative things. It's always so tough to balance the good and the bad.

Charlotte is so ...... stunning is the right word, in her gorgeous Gucci necktie. It is so sweet to see her wearing these things that were made for her and only for her, and so they fit her like the perfect snug glove and just look fantastic.

We all die of something in the end. My competition horses have always enjoyed a long life into their mid 20s.

Also, dont forget that a competition horse doesnt jump for weeks in between shows. And if there is one thing I know for sure is that you cant make a horse jump if it doesnt really want to. The good ones love it.
Jep, every jumping rider I know of, only does in- and out small jumps or just dressage work. I know quite a few eventing riders who do the same aswell. Can't speak for every rider out there though.

Bad news.

Charlotte and Tintero were just now eliminated.

Results Gucci Masters - Grand Prix EURODOCUMENT (still live @ this posting so the results are not final)

I thought it was Caroline being given the AMADE check from the pro-am cup. :) She looks so happy to see her old Fontainebleau friend Jean Rochefort. There is a picture of this (just one) in the photos gallery on the Gucci Masters site. I thought it was her, but it was so small and no one said anything, so I doubted. :(

Last edited:
I do think Char is enjoying this more than anything. She looks so happy and stunning.

On Getty day 2 check out Charlotte and Edwina curtseying. I think Charlotte flunked Princess school. Edwina's curtsey is to die for. In Charlotte's defense, I think the Monagasque women usually bow when wearing slacks.

^And the riding boots probably don't make it too easy. But Edwina does it very nicely, agreed. Charlotte was never the most princessy of girls. She tries, but I don't think it comes naturally to her. :)

She was probably a bit embarassed aswell. :ROFLMAO: Still can't get over on how absolutely stunning she looked on Day 2.

It was interesting to see Rodrigo hug Caroline. I didn't know she was close to the Pessoas. Of course, I'm not surprised. She would be friends with the whole equestrian top dog community. I just didn't realize .... but from the looks of the new photos, the Pessoas seem to be her good friends. And then there are Jean Rochefort and Virgine Couperie-Eiffel, her longtime friends who are from the Fontainebleau area like the Roziers.

I wonder where Jan Tops has been hiding. I'm surprised he didn't attend this event. Aren't Jan and Edwina an item? I know she is his student, but they fell in love, right? They are so sweet with each other. I think the trainers and trainees of this sport spend so much time together, it must be somewhat common? I really hope it doesn't happen in Charlotte's case, however!!!!:ROFLMAO::lol: Let's hope Thierry never falls out of love with Marie Dive. She can have him! Just keep him away from our Charlotte!!!! hehe

I wonder if Alex Dellal was there. I guess not, or there must have been pics. Unless he stayed out of the way in the VIP lounge or something,but I doubt that. When does Alex ever stay out of the way?! I'm just being wicked today. :D

Alex is at an art exhibit in Miami with his NY collaborator and Stavros Nirachos. I read somewhere that Jan Tops and Edwina are engaged but haven't seen anything about a wedding.

On Hola.com is a picture of Charlotte wearing what appears to be 2 different diamond necklaces together at the Gucci Masters. And what better to complement a necklace probably worth millions of euros than a nice pair of jeans and a ring and bracelet combo of elastic hair bands. She cracks me up.

Last edited:
She is looking so happy, i love her smile. And Caroline looks so good too.

Oh well, Char did her best. I love the gallery of pictures including Princess Caroline, too - she looks happy and proud of her daughter; happy to receive the gift for AMADE.

It was interesting to see Rodrigo hug Caroline. I didn't know she was close to the Pessoas. Of course, I'm not surprised. She would be friends with the whole equestrian top dog community. I just didn't realize .... but from the looks of the new photos, the Pessoas seem to be her good friends. And then there are Jean Rochefort and Virgine Couperie-Eiffel, her longtime friends who are from the Fontainebleau area like the Roziers.

I wonder where Jan Tops has been hiding. I'm surprised he didn't attend this event. Aren't Jan and Edwina an item? I know she is his student, but they fell in love, right? They are so sweet with each other. I think the trainers and trainees of this sport spend so much time together, it must be somewhat common? I really hope it doesn't happen in Charlotte's case, however!!!!:ROFLMAO::lol: Let's hope Thierry never falls out of love with Marie Dive. She can have him! Just keep him away from our Charlotte!!!! hehe

I wonder if Alex Dellal was there. I guess not, or there must have been pics. Unless he stayed out of the way in the VIP lounge or something,but I doubt that. When does Alex ever stay out of the way?! I'm just being wicked today. :D
Rodrigo is in a very good mood at the moment. His new wife, Howard Johnson heiress Alexa Weeks Pessoa is about to give birth to their baby (Jan 11). If anyone has the new Town and COuntry Weddings, the pessoas are featured oin pages 112-117

Last edited:
I take it back on Charlotte's curtsy. I saw another picture and it looks like Charlotte curtsied before Edwina. I still think Edwina's curtsy was cuter, but Charlotte's was probably more technically correct.

Who were they curtseying to?

Its strange we never see Alex at these events. Charlotte might need the support. Competing can be nerve racking! She supports him with the art gallery, attending showings etc. Odd.

Back
Top Bottom