The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Where are you guys watching the competition? Can it be viewed in the US?

Old 07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
Where are you guys watching the competition? Can it be viewed in the US?
I sent you a PM with all the links you need (I hope!). For anyone else, if you jump on the the Global Champions Tour website, and click on the "GCT Live" button, you'll be directed to the page with the live stream. The next event starts Thursday, July 22 at 4PM in Chantilly, France.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Americans can watch live on the GCT website also; most of the time.

I have a question for riders. How long do they let the trainers go over the course with the riders? I can't believe that would be allowed at the 5 star level. Then agaiin, maybe it is. Golfers get help from their caddies. I noticed Thierry is always going over the course with Charlotte.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

She should stop asap .. she was just before the last one..
Old 07-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
You know what, it just hit me, but that guy was at the Gucci masters too. I believe he's a bodyguard! He always acts like one and he dresses "undercover" like he's trying to blend into the "wallpaper," so to speak. At Gucci masters, he didn't really talk to anyone and was very serious and didn't stand too close to her, but followed at a little distance. Anyway, it's not a certainty, or a fact, but that's my hunch.
Ohh!! If thats true im so jealous of her !!
Standing next to a man like that..! I don't continue..
Where did you saw him! What an eye you have!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Courtier

I don't think she needs to stop. She obviously has the potential to do well--or rather the horses have the potential to do so. I think she just needs to spend a little more time concentrating on working better WITH her horse. From what I've gathered from the people who know about these things, coordination is key.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

I think it's delayed on tv. The results are posted for round 2 and the jump-off on the GCT website.

I saw why Charlotte missed the fence on her 4th place competition. She had to ride downhill before the fence. What a sneaky course design. It's on the GCT gallery but you have to skim your mouse over the boxes to find her.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 PM

I think she performed best on the hardest course, the special mix one on Friday. Now that was a sneaky tricky course. At least it looked hard as heck to my untrained eyes, and it kicked most of the riders' butts! so many of them took like 15-20 faults.

yeah, the GCT video archive has the one she did thursday where she retired.
Also you can do a search for "Casiraghi" and it pulls up all the vids for her.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Serene Highness

I love those pics, Sugarbaby318 - I know when I'm finished riding, I look like a sweaty mess; I love how Charlotte looks like she simply "slept in" :)
Old 07-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

I like this Photo: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3783/yeniklasor73.jpg

from myroyal's
Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 PM

^Yeah. That's nice. Tintero and her just go together. A match made in heaven, as they say. Yin and yang. OK, I guess you get the picture.

I miss Troy but I'm glad she's not riding him. It's best for both Troy and Charlotte to be far away from each other. I hope he gets a better rider. He should be with that guy who rode him before he, Was it Leon Thyssen? they seemed great together. Troy was much better, more comfortable with him,I think.

FanofMonaco, about the trainers: I know the amateurs usually walk around the course with their trainers before the event to count the steps between the jumps. they take big strikes as if a horse so they can see about how many steps for the horse. But as for the pro's, probably they do it too with the trainers, but maybe a lot of times they do it by themselves because they are more experienced and don't need so much 'training.' I have seen Doda and Athina walk it together and do it by themselves. I've also seen them do it with their trainer, Bonneau. And I've noticed Edwina walking it with her trainer too (I guess that's Big Jan),but also sometimes just by herself. I don't know that there is any rule for it. I don't know if this helps you much.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for answering my question CasiTrio.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 AM

From Estoril: Carlota Casiraghi compite en el Global Champion Tour de Estoril

Now we can look forward to GCT Chantilly in a fortnight.... from Friday 23 July through Sunday, 25 July. Chantilly is like the capital of France's horse country. They even have an equestrian museum. Chantilly is 45 km from Paris by car, 25 km by train.

More info.:
* GCT Chantilly
* Jumping Chantilly
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 AM

I just watched Charlotte in Chantilly. It was ...... quite rough. She competed with Troy and was eliminated because of 2 jump refusals.

But there is hope for Charlotte. She goes up with Tintero over the 1m35 jumps, next round. I am watching it too.

The views of the Chantilly palace are fabulous.

*Edit*
Charlotte and Tintero did it. Just finished. They are Rank 8, with 14 faults. It's not over, so this is probably not their final rank, of course. We'll see what the other riders do.... I didn't see all the faults because the stream kept stalling. the first fault she took was a knocked obstacle, and it earned her the first four points. There were other penalty points for touching the bar.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

Charlotte finished 16/18 on Tintero at 1.35 meters. A tough day, a tough course. Only 3 riders had clean rides and 5 more had 4 faults. Hopefully she will do better tomorrow.

I saw Valentine was competing in 1 of the young horse competitions. She didn't compete in June at all, per FEI site, so I wonder if her horse is injured.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:07 PM

Charlotte's Schedule - Day 3, GCT Chantilly 2010

Global Champions Tour, Chantilly
Saturday, 24 July 2010 (last day)
Day 3

* Class 14, Prix Volkswagen @ 0900 (will jump Tintero over 1m35) RANK 7. 0 FAULTS. TIME: 71.06. 240 euros. It was great how they played the Superman music afterwards while the prize riders did their victory lap. LOL

* Class 16, Prix Volkswagen @ 1045 (will jump Troy over 1m25) ELIMINATED

Her friend Olivia de Rothschild (we saw her in St Tropez/Monaco recently; she wore the beautiful skirt and looked 'removed' from the group) will go in the 1m15 (Class 15) at 1015, between Char's events.

Valentine Pozzo di Borgo will go in the Class 7, 1m40 (special mix) at 1245. It's a 2* Table A.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Serene Highness

Troy was eliminated at 1.15m. It's too bad about him. He just doesn't want to jump period. She must be contractually obligated to ride him for the entire season. It's hard on both of them.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:45 AM

Picture

Charlotte & Tintero on the up & up!!

Picture 28 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Serene Highness

Sunday is the last day of competition at Chantilly. The GCT site didn't originally show Sunday.