The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Commoner

Just watched Charlotte competing and she did very well. She´s third at the moment and will hopefully end up in that place. Third place is a very good position in 1.40m. Hope to see pictures of this second day soon!!
I prefer jumping in sand. It´s more comfortable for me but as always depends on what you´re used to and where you usually train with your horse. Obviously grass is more glamorous.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:40 PM

Yeah, Char was 3rd but she got knocked down to 4th after all. It's a pity cuz she JUST missed the jump-off round. Well, she still did beautifully. She only made one mistake, hence the 4 pts. She knocked an obstacle. It was just after she triumphed over the hardest part of the course!!!! That was a HARD course period. It kicked most of the riders' butts but Char & Tintero just sailed on through it, except for their one aforementioned mistake. I took screenshots of their run. I wasn't able to get shots of the prize ceremony, and I didn't (sadly) get the shots of the top 4 or 5 riders riding around the course to the Brazilian nat'l anthem (cuz the winner was Brazilian). I only got Charlotte's back as she went off the course to the paddock or something.

GCT Estoril Portugal 2010 - a set on Flickr

Old 07-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Picture gallery from Day 2:
Charlotte Casiraghi Pictures - Global Champion Tour 2010 in Estoril - Day 2 - Zimbio
Old 07-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Commoner

Yes, she was very unlucky because Tintero managed to jump the difficult obstacles with no problem. That gelding is really awesome, she jumped quite a distance above the obstacles with very precise jumps. I physically like Troy best, but Tintero is doing a very good job!!
Talking about the Teckel puppies, I think that one of them is Caroline´s and the other is Charlotte´s (Alex´s). Anyway they´re gorgeous puppies, I love it how this family likes nature.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

They said Thierry was riding a really young horse. I think 6 yrs old. There were also some other young horses. They all just plowed through the triple jump no matter who the rider was. Lol.

Charlotte did really well today. I think half the riders had 10 faults or more. She got through the hard parts and missed the next to last jump. Tintero is jumping at least 1.50 m. He really gets up there.

I am also enjoying the articles on the riders. They answered my training question. Richard Spooner's horse Crystallo trains 1/2 hr, goes for a long ride; I'm guessing at least an hr and then trains for another 1/2 hr each day. It also sounds like the grooms totally take care of the horses and even some of the training is done by others. Sounds like a pretty hectic life for the riders and their team. Time is money for the riders.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Tintero hasn't done 1m50 yet. Today they did 1m40. But you're right, it was such a hard course! Just those three back to back obstacles were the most brutal part and Char and Tin just flew over them, Boom boom boom! YESzzzz!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

I meant it looked like he was a foot above the fence.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Beautiful in this one.Congrats to Charlotte,it is the effort that counts.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Looking at the photos of Charlotte - she is wearing a long sleeve top and then vest in the middle of summer or does Portugal not have very hot summers just curious??
Old 07-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^That's a good point. I don't know how Charlotte can be with so many clothes since is very very hot in Portugal right now...
Old 07-02-2010, 08:57 PM

^^ I wondered about all her layers too, but I think it might be more breezy and cool on the coast even it is very hot inland Portugal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia View Post
Beautiful in this one.Congrats to Charlotte,it is the effort that counts.
She was very understandably, very happy after her performance today! I'm glad she gave Tintero some love. I hope she gave him some carrots too, something to treat him, because he worked those fences brilliantly.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am confused as to why you are confused? This is regulation formal atire required in this class.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Nobility

Charlotte having a walk and resting from here competition in the Grand Prix of Portugal in the Manuel Possolo Racecourse of Cascais (Estoril).

http://img210.imagevenue.com/galshow...12300111_460lo

Profimedia
Old 07-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

It's the insulated vest over her riding jacket that they are questioning. She may have been required to wear it by Gucci.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:28 AM

I bet she just wore it because she was a little chilly. No doubt there's a brisk ocean breeze in Cascais.

Well, Saturday -- she goes up in the 1m35 1*, "Prova No. 6" at 1100 (GMT+1). This is just after Thierry & Marie do the 1m20 with their young'uns.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Courtier

It's usually relatively hot on the Iberian peninsula. Like right now - 8.30 in the morning and it's 18 degrees. But it does tend to feel cooler than that because it's more exposed to the winds off the Atlantic, particularly in Portugal. My guess would be that it would feel more like... 16 degrees? So yeah, she probably wore it because it was a little chilly. Particularly if she's used to summers in Monaco and the inner Mediterranean. Comparatively speaking, it's 9.30 in Monaco and it's already 27 degrees (and probably feels hotter than that because there's no cloud cover and practically no wind) and it's about the same in Italy. So when you're used to it being that hot (that early), my guess is that 18 degrees would feel quite chilly.
I managed to devote an entire post to the weather!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post
Charlotte having a walk and resting from here competition in the Grand Prix of Portugal in the Manuel Possolo Racecourse of Cascais (Estoril).

http://img210.imagevenue.com/galshow...12300111_460lo

Profimedia
The man she has benn walking with is really handsome
Old 07-03-2010, 07:07 AM

She did all right in her last jumping, the Provo No.6/1m35. She just missed having prize. Her time was 60.64 and 4 fault points (one mistake). That's what killed her because her time was better than Nuna Lopes Ferreira and Maddalena Valenzano Menada, who got respectively 7th and 8th place because they had 0 fault. But Char got 11th rank, just after the placed ranks because of the fault.

Thierry Rozier, on the other hand, decided to go ahead and WIN the Provo No.5/1m20 with his 6-year-old redheaded lady, Rubins Quibelle.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Zimbio Gallery from Day 3:
Charlotte Casiraghi Pictures - Global Champion Tour 2010 in Estoril - Day 3 - Zimbio
Old 07-03-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
The man she has benn walking with is really handsome
You know what, it just hit me, but that guy was at the Gucci masters too. I believe he's a bodyguard! He always acts like one and he dresses "undercover" like he's trying to blend into the "wallpaper," so to speak. At Gucci masters, he didn't really talk to anyone and was very serious and didn't stand too close to her, but followed at a little distance. Anyway, it's not a certainty, or a fact, but that's my hunch.