Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed, but I don't think we should judge Charlotte's riding skills on those pictures. Tintero is completely "open" but we don't know if it was just a light warm-up to strech his muscles before real work, and in one of the pics it looks as if one of the warming-up obstacles fell down at his feet and the horse was scared.
She certainly knows how to ride "round" because we've seen her doing it.

Also, those pics weren't taken by a horse photographer but by a paparazzi who probably couldn't tell a shetland poney from a thoroughbred. He didn't know which were the goods pics and he probably uploaded that set simply because Charlotte's face was clearer and nicer.

It looked like she knocked down the side, not just one of the bars. It was a weird picture. I wondered what happened but couldn't figure it out. It looked like she and Tintero just went on their merry way and didn't bat an eyelid! :ROFLMAO:

Charlotte on DAY 2 - GCT Rio/CSI AOIHS, Friday 27 April 2010 (Getty Images)
She was #7 in the rankings.... with 5 faults. It was a 1m30 "special mix" course. I'm assuming only the top 6 above her did the jump off because she doesn't have a result in that column. I couldn't stay to watch the whole thing.
http://www.globalchampionstour.com/...---amateur-top-table-a-1m30-with-one-jump-off

Last edited:
Charlotte had a better year in 2010 on the GCT. She won $2250 versus $785 last year. More telling, she made the finals (at least 1 day) at every location except Monaco (didn't compete in Hamburg). I'm wondering if she will stay with the GCT next year or go the route of Athina. The GCT doesn't seem to offer anything for competitors at CSI 3-4*. I think Charlotte is ready to move to a new level and height. It will also be interesting to see if she stays with Troy or tries a different horse.

I think Charlotte is ready to move to a new level and height. It will also be interesting to see if she stays with Troy or tries a different horse.

Of course, these are just opinions but I don't think Charlotte is at all ready to move on. Actually this years she's been jumping in a higher level than she should. She's not even able to place among the 3 best riders in an amateur 1'20 competition.
If she was serious about riding she'd stop the tour, and improve her 1'20 courses near home before trying to do too much.

Athina Onassis, dia 2 - Site RG / Festa - IG

I love the pic where she's with Alex and looks directly to the camera

I like those pics a lot. I like the one where Andrea touches her hand. I can sort of imagine the conversation, Charlotte all down on herself and disappointed with her result, and Andrea (Alex's mother) touches her hand and says, "Sweetheart, you had fun? Good, you are in Rio! We're having fun! That's what matters!" :D And then, in another pic, she's looking at Athina's wedding ring. ;) oooo haha I won't say it.

I won't presume to give anyone advice on equestrian training, but what trep and Empress are saying makes a lot of sense. A new trainer seems to be a good thing for all riders. I remember Doda telling a reporter at the Gucci Masters why he and Athina left Neco, not because of anything personal, but they were just ready to switch to a new program. I guess it helps to keep you on your toes, learning new techniques and ideas, and always challenging yourself. I can see that if you stay too long with the same trainer you can get too comfortable.

The question for Charlotte is, who? She can't go with Edwina, because Edwina is too busy. There is no way Edwina could take the time to be her trainer. The same goes for Philippe; I can't believe he'd do it either.
She might consider Jean-Maurice Bonneau, the guy who's training Doda and Athina. Bonneau is actually Thierry's good buddy.

I actually dont know much about Charlotte's Equestrian Career or how many horses she owns, how often she trains, (my own lifelong love for horses and taking as many lessons in different theories and types of riding as I have been able to for my 28 years, so having thus far a long personal experience with the world myself I understand the talk of bits, bridles, saddles) so I thank you all for this information regarding Charlotte and what she is competing in, and at what level, and to learn more about her horses and hopefully a long promising career in this industry.

It's delightful to see that the legacy of such majestic elegant creatures continues on, with any family, but particularly a royal one.

With Alex: [URL="http://ego.globo.com/Gente/Noticias/0 said:
EGO - NOTÍCIAS - Princesa de Mônaco beija namorado brasileiro em evento no Rio[/URL]

CHARLOTTE, SEEMS THE Alice in Wonderland !!! :bang:

There's been a long time that i can't see pics that are uploaded in tiny pic. And i can't upload pics in that site either. Anyone else has that problem? Because i would like to see them!

LetthemeatCake, that is such a great picture of Daria. Loved that spread of hers.

Thank you, Empress Merel. :flowers:

I agree, I loved the Dossier Journal ed too, and the photo in my av has become one of my very favourite photos. :cool:

She should go into learning with a pro in another country.

She already does, sort of...
Technically, she resides in Monaco and London...but I *believe*she trains in Paris/Fontainebleau....

(we ARE still talking about Charlotte, right?)

She already does, sort of...
Technically, she resides in Monaco and London...but I *believe*she trains in Paris/Fontainebleau....

(we ARE still talking about Charlotte, right?)

Well, technicity appart, monegasques are french. She's not really foreigner in Paris.
And even if she still spends time in London, she's back to Paris and to the same trainer she's had for more than 10 years, now.

Thank you, Empress Merel. :flowers:

I agree, I loved the Dossier Journal ed too, and the photo in my av has become one of my very favourite photos. :cool:
Mine too. I adore Daria and she always delivers. She is such a great improviser when it comes to posing aswell. She certainly is one my fav models of all time.

And when I say foreign, go to the countries where equestrian is better then anywhere else. In other words: Germany and Netherlands.

And when I say foreign, go to the countries where equestrian is better then anywhere else. In other words: Germany and Netherlands.

Sorry, Empress (I'm not being chauvinistic because I live in France but I am not french), but IMHO Michel Robert kicks any dutch or german rider's ass!

And of course, one should never generalize, but I am not a big fan of the german/dutch way of riding, anyway. It is too much about control.

I much better like the US hunting-style school, the british, the irish, and some of the french. Give me Edwina Alexander, Laura Kraut or Jessica Kuerten abovo most german /dutch riders anytime!

Please, Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum kicks everyone to the curb.
And I can safely say that the German and Dutch have been the front-leaders when it comes to horseriding. Especially dressage. Both countries bread the best horses (KWPN, Hannoveraan) and have so many riders that keep on winning.

And I can safely say that the German and Dutch have been the front-leaders when it comes to horseriding. Especially dressage. Both countries bread the best horses (KWPN, Hannoveraan) and have so many riders that keep on winning.

Ha, ha, ha, we could be discussing for ever and we will never agree! Our tastes and interests are SO different! :)

I won't discuss that you've got the best dressage riders, though. I'm just not that interested in dressage. Of course it is important to have a decent dressage level for jumpers, but as a discipline, not one of my favorites.

Not a fan of KWPN or Hannoverian horses either. Heavy central europeans horses do nothing to me.
Give me english blood, english blood and more english blood!!!

Haha, fair enough. Our tastes and interest are indeed really too far apart to agree.

That Meredith Beerbaum is no joke, is she? She's so light and and she makes it look so.... easy. She just takes those fences so smoothly --boom, boom, boom! Between her and Daniel Deusser (Deuss Man!) I don't know, they are tied for my favorites from the pros. I guess I'm supposed to favor Doda, you might expect me to favor Doda, and he's awesome, no doubt, and I love to see him win, but the aforementioned are my top 2.

Sorry, but still not a fan of her heavy seat and her constant: "control, control and more control, horse! where are you going?" attitude. And she rides ugly! She moves so much!
I you like fluidity, soft riders, who go over the fences as if it were just natural and make it all look as if it was easy and theyweren't doing anything to help the horse, as if a light seat and soft low hands were everything you need, check Edwina Alexander. THIS is mouth dropping:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72cNysBe9Pw

You are probably one of the very, very few who thinks Meredith rides ugly. Meredith rides in control but with no harm. That much of a good rider she is. She moves so much? Nah, Isabell Werth moves a lot too when Warum Nicht is in an extended trot but that's because it's almost impossible to even sit still.

Either way, a master in controlled yet easy and gentle riding. Such a treat to see.
YouTube - gerco schröder en eurocommerce berlin

Or Jos Lansink.
YouTube - Jos Lansink - Cavalor Cumano (Cassini I x Landgraf I) - European Championships Mannheim 2007

I love watching these videos.
Thank you for posting them. I hope one day I could compete at that level. :wub:

Can someone capture the World Equestrian Events - to be televised on NBC in the US starting 9/26 at 12 pm EST (3 hrs); other dates to be televised on two Sundays in October (maybe 10/1 and 10/3?) - thank you, in advance.

Back
Top Bottom