Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Chantilly at the weekend and it was very overcast with light breeze.

Troy and Tintero are in the Netherlands this week-end being ridden by Thierry Rozier. Troy came in 17th out of 25th at 1*,1.20. Not much better with the coach riding. I think Tintero starts tomorrow. Hopefully, Charlotte's hand will be well enough to ride next week-end in the Valkenswaad? GCT.

Yeah, next weekend is the GCT Valkenswaard. Now it is the .... ? Horse Festival of Valkenswaard..... I always thought Thierry was a rough rider. I mean he is just rough. I don't know how else to say it. :ermm:

Thanks for the news. I forgot about this weekend's event. Maybe Char is there to watch and learn? ;)

I think Phillippe is also. They are old school and haven't changed with the times. That is the way Charlotte has been taught. Maybe it's a good thing she has become buddies with Edwina Alexander. I have noticed that Charlotte is doing a better job of keeping her legs straight under her when she is jumping. It looks like it might require alot of leg strength.

Philippe is much better than Thierry, though. :D But then, Philippe does it constantly. Thierry has been so part-time for so long. I know he had a problem some years ago, was suspended but for a short time because he was convicted of a charge of drugging his horse, which he adamantly denied but still he was convicted and fined and given a suspension. but I think there is more to his long breaks. I believe he also has had injuries.

Troy came in 9th out of 18th with no faults in the 1.25 m today and Tintero came in 1st in the 1.35m. Thierry was the rider both times. Yeah Tintero.

Tintero had a horrible day today. He is usually so consistant. He was in the 1.35m with Troy and came in 10/15 with 12 faults. He must have been resting on his laurels from winning yesterday.

Best of luck !!!

Bonjour; :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

I wish the CHAR. a better luck in Holland with the Tintero; it is the best/optimum horse that she have, until the present date! (LOOK THE RESULTS) ;)

And is most better/beautifull that Brad Pitt !!!! :whistling::whistling::whistling: MOST ... MOST BETTER !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of certainty that the horse needs any thing, :whistling: or (in the pass) happen some thing that he did not like :ermm: ... and now it is making COMPLAINTS,:lol: and it does not jump as a champion. :cool:

The horses are like this :D:D:D, before the 12 years, they are always COMPLAINT :sad:...

He needs a few attention from the rider, give more carrots, spinaches watercresses, or ... chestnuts, and grain of cooked peak, dont forget ... nice affection to him CHARLOTTE !!! :bang::bang::bang:

For all ... have a nice vacation !!!! :ROFLMAO:
YouTube - ‪Global Champions Tour (Cannes 2010) part 01-23‬‎ :ROFLMAO:

Marie Antoinette Martins
Champs-Élysées
(PARIS)
:p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p;):p

^Thierry :)

:EDIT:
I just wanted to give this link. It's a PDF from the GCT site about the Valkenswaard programme. Look on the right side. Charlotte is most likely to be doing the 2* small tour. It all starts at 0830 Zurich time, 9 hours ahead of California time. :) But Char MIGHT or might not be doing the 1* invitational 1m35 on the grass arena late morning. 1* is kind of low for her. More likely, she won't be in action until the afternoon for CSI 2* small tour/1m35. Of course, she might do the medium tour (1m40). We'll see!

Last edited:
Today Charlotte jumped Tintero and Troy in the 2-phase 1* Special Invitational 1m20 on the Grand Prix Arena in Valkenswaard. With both horses she had zero faults. With Tintero she was a bit faster and ranked just shy of the prize ranks. Tintero and Troy were ranked 12 and 19 out of 36 places respectively.
38 riders, 36 places.

On the side: Athina is competing, so she's all better after that horrible shoulder injury. She competed this morning on Ricardo.
She was 28/65 places. And Doda with Norson was 19. It was a minor 2*/1m35 on the grass arena.

Last edited:
Martina Hingis is also back and competed against Charlotte in the 1.20. She finished in the 20's. I think Charlotte went easier today because she has just returned from vacation. What has happened to Troy? All of a sudden he is jumping well. Maybe he did get a visit from the horse whisperer.

Maybe Charlotte finally heeded some great advice on how to ride a very dominant horse like Troy. There is nothing wrong with Troy. He only has a different temperament than Tintero. He's more sensitive, less submissive, but that doesn't make him a bad horse. I wish people on this thread would not be so hard on him. :sad:

Is not only the horse that has to have all the fault on it. It is also the rider who has to be careful and understand his/her horse's "character" and abilities. It's all about cooperation in this sport. One must be equally good for the other.

^ Totally agree Azure! :flowers:

Miss Casiraghi had a good day in spite of the intense layer of fog that hung over Valkenswaard this morning. With Tintero she won some prize, 160 euros, being at #6 in the ranks. Their time was 65. Troy did well too, rank #11 and a time of 70.65. Let's hope those horses got a nice fat bag of carrots to snack on after a good day's sport!

Extra note: Athina did all right with Babouche in the first round of the day, at 8 in the morning. ;) They didn't have any faults, but their time was far below any ranks of distinction. But this is Athina's first time back in the game since her injury, so she's just getting warmed up. I'm impressed her shoulder recovered so quickly. That looked like a nasty injury.

Last edited:
that is a good new , Good score charlotte :) where we can see the photo ?

Today Charlotte and Tintero finished 15/40 with 4 faults in the 1.25m. Troy is back to his old tricks and was eliminated. He did so well on Friday and Saturday having no faults both times. He was at 1.35m today but I still hate to see them backslide. Both here and in Chantillly he was in all out rebellion. Refusing the first jump both times and bucking. He obviously needs more analysis, but we at least know he is a capable horse. This is part of the learning curve for Charlotte also. Learning how to deal with different horse temperments.

NO PIctures, but you can see video which is better right? On the GCT website you can see video clips by her name in the results. She didn't do so well today. She did OK with Tintero but Troy had two jump refusals.

Also, on this page you can see quotes about Valkenswaard, one from Martina Hingis, and a picture of her riding: Quotes from Valkenswaard - News - Global Champions Tour

I haven't been following Charlotte for a while, but I just had a look at her videos on the GCT website and although there is no video of Troy I think that it is not difficult to see why she has so different results with Troy and Tintero.

Tintero has such a good head! Amazing horse, incredibly strong mental! I've seen a couple of videos and Charlotte mistakes the distances very very often (which is normal for a amateur rider at such heigh). Most times she takes the jumps from too close, but in certain ocasions she also gets there too far away.
Nothing matters to Tintero. What a heart! He knows his job and looks like he would jump through fire!

Troy is obviously made of a different stuff. He probably is a sentitive quality horse who doesn't like mistakes. If you don't do things right he won't jump because he doesn't trust you. With a pro-rider (we've seen that with Thierry he finishes his runs) or with a correct amateur rider (the kind who aren't brilliant but know it and focus on not bothering the horse) he probably will do great. But with Charlotte I guess that he's just loosing confidence. Obviously he wasn't the horse for her or anyone else who's still learning.

^I agree 100% trepstep. I think you are spot on about both horses. Tintero is a carefree kind of guy. He's so easy. He's the horse for Charlotte. Troy is sensitive, brilliant but sensitive and I have seen his distaste for Charlotte's way. I know he doesn't trust her. This is why he is always refusing to jump. Charlotte doesn't, or can't, give him the assurance. It's not her fault or anything. Maybe she is only starting to understand this, maybe Thierry finally got her to understand it? Valkenswaard was better than it was for awhile between Troy and Charlotte, but still he had those two jump refusals.

You saw with Thierry at Valk. Horse Festival Troy won, right? Maybe that gave Troy some confidence.

Only one more thing to say: Tintero is a Mexican gelding; Troy is a Dutch stallion! This should say much! Troy is sensitive Dutch with testosterone. Tintero is a salsa-dancing Mexican, living for the moment, having a party!!!! ;)

Last edited:
Here is something interesting. Of course... this article in Portuguese from Brazil is about the runup to the CSI Athina Onassis/GCT Rio this week. But the thing that is about Charlotte:

Her trainer, Thierry Rozier, has actually been quoted in Newsweek (why such a magazine gives coverage like this, I don't know) saying Charlotte does not want to be known as a socialite (fair enough!) but instead would like to be known as a professional. The article (of "O Dia", not Newsweek) points out that she still competes at amateur level. They also say that while she is "only" an amateur, she looks pretty in her Gucci and brings "charm" and glamour to the sport. This is what they say.

^Just like cousin Pauline, she wants to be recognized as a professional, not as the "daughter of" or "socialite" as she says.
It's pitty that everybody see her as socialite.

^Totally. But you have to admit, sometimes she does act like a socialite. Or did, more so prior to her return to jumping.... 2007/2008 were the worst years for that, imho.

At any rate, we're two days away from the GCT Rio.

Here is the rider's list, and a beautiful ariel of the arena.

^Just like cousin Pauline, she wants to be recognized as a professional, not as the "daughter of" or "socialite" as she says.
It's pitty that everybody see her as socialite.

Well, that probably is because in order to be recognazed as a professional you have to be one.

It''s like saying that I would be recognized as a talented soap opera star while working a cashier in the local supermarket.

How on earth do you want people to recognize you as a professional if all you do is enjoy parties, travelling and horseriding? And, again, I don't think she does wrong. If I had her kind of money I'd do like her. I'll travel, I'll ride, I'll enjoy life with my friends. But I wouldn't go complaining because nobody thinks I am a professional...
I really thing that claim couldn't be more stupid.

Well, what do you guys suggest that Charlotte do in order to be considered someone who is serious about having an equestrian career?

Because lets face it there are a lot of rich young women who like horses who are socialities, so what does Charlotte need to do to be taken seriously?

I take her seriously as someone who would like be a professional .... something. I take her seriously as a typical 24-year-old who doesn't know exactly what she wants. I think for now she thinks she wants to be a serious jumping rider. And even if she isn't a serious one, she is at least a jumping rider aiming to be (seen as) a serious rider. For now.

I take her seriously, but I also take it with a grain of salt, because she is 24 and she still gives me the impression that she isn't quite settled on her "thing" yet. Today it's jumping.

Back
Top Bottom