Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Yeah. That's nice. Tintero and her just go together. A match made in heaven, as they say. Yin and yang. OK, I guess you get the picture. :D

I miss Troy but I'm glad she's not riding him. It's best for both Troy and Charlotte to be far away from each other. I hope he gets a better rider. He should be with that guy who rode him before he, Was it Leon Thyssen? they seemed great together. Troy was much better, more comfortable with him,I think.

FanofMonaco, about the trainers: I know the amateurs usually walk around the course with their trainers before the event to count the steps between the jumps. they take big strikes as if a horse so they can see about how many steps for the horse. But as for the pro's, probably they do it too with the trainers, but maybe a lot of times they do it by themselves because they are more experienced and don't need so much 'training.' I have seen Doda and Athina walk it together and do it by themselves. I've also seen them do it with their trainer, Bonneau. And I've noticed Edwina walking it with her trainer too (I guess that's Big Jan),but also sometimes just by herself. I don't know that there is any rule for it. I don't know if this helps you much.

I just watched Charlotte in Chantilly. It was ...... quite rough. She competed with Troy and was eliminated because of 2 jump refusals. :sad:

But there is hope for Charlotte. She goes up with Tintero over the 1m35 jumps, next round. I am watching it too.

The views of the Chantilly palace are fabulous.

*Edit*
Charlotte and Tintero did it. Just finished. They are Rank 8, with 14 faults. It's not over, so this is probably not their final rank, of course. We'll see what the other riders do.... I didn't see all the faults because the stream kept stalling. the first fault she took was a knocked obstacle, and it earned her the first four points. There were other penalty points for touching the bar.

Last edited:
Charlotte finished 16/18 on Tintero at 1.35 meters. A tough day, a tough course. Only 3 riders had clean rides and 5 more had 4 faults. Hopefully she will do better tomorrow.

I saw Valentine was competing in 1 of the young horse competitions. She didn't compete in June at all, per FEI site, so I wonder if her horse is injured.

Charlotte's Schedule - Day 3, GCT Chantilly 2010

Global Champions Tour, Chantilly
Saturday, 24 July 2010 (last day)
Day 3

* Class 14, Prix Volkswagen @ 0900 (will jump Tintero over 1m35) :clap: RANK 7. 0 FAULTS. TIME: 71.06. 240 euros. It was great how they played the Superman music afterwards while the prize riders did their victory lap. LOL

* Class 16, Prix Volkswagen @ 1045 (will jump Troy over 1m25) ELIMINATED

Her friend Olivia de Rothschild (we saw her in St Tropez/Monaco recently; she wore the beautiful skirt and looked 'removed' from the group) will go in the 1m15 (Class 15) at 1015, between Char's events.

Valentine Pozzo di Borgo will go in the Class 7, 1m40 (special mix) at 1245. It's a 2* Table A.

Last edited:
Troy was eliminated at 1.15m. It's too bad about him. He just doesn't want to jump period. She must be contractually obligated to ride him for the entire season. It's hard on both of them.

Sunday is the last day of competition at Chantilly. The GCT site didn't originally show Sunday.

GCT Chantilly 2010 Prix Volkswagen

Sunday, 25 July

1030: Class 17/1m15/table A with one jump off
Charlotte/Troy
Non-start, possibly because she sprained her hand

1100: Class 18/1m25/same as above
Did not qualify because of Class 17 non-result

1300: Class 19/1m35/table A special mix with one jump off
Charlotte/Tintero
eliminated

Last edited:
Did not start Troy at 1.15m. Not a great week-end for Charlotte but she still managed to win 240 euros on Saturday. She has won some money at every GCT competition so far and has won over 2,000 euros for the summer. She is definitely progressing over last year. Still 2 competitions to go.

It looks like she sprained her right wrist. She also looks kind of blurry eyed.

It definitely happened today! :sad: So that explains what happened in Class 17, and why she messed up in the class 19.... It looks like a bad sprain. I doubt anything broke.

More pics from today:

The captions says: "Charlotte Casiraghi competes at the Global Champions
Tour and gets eliminated due to an injury to her right hand. She spends the
rest of the day shopping"

** zimbio gallery - July 25, 2010 **

Shopping therapy - s'ok!! :lol: Which hand did she hurt in the car accident w/Alex (thought it was the left?):ermm: With some R&R, she'll be fine.....

I think it was her left ?hand/wrist? (in the car accident).

Haha, shop therapy.... I bet Char, like many women, doesn't need an excuse to go shopping.:D

Hey, look in picture 9 of 15 on Zimbio. Is the girl Valentine? We know She was there at least for on Friday. I never saw her name on anything the other days, but maybe it's her?

Last edited:
She is so tan! This girl is so unlucky with her hands this year ..

poor girl, she's really very beautiful, but will she get married to her boyfriend/

I think it was her left ?hand/wrist? (in the car accident).

Haha, shop therapy.... I bet Char, like many women, doesn't need an excuse to go shopping.:D

Hey, look in picture 9 of 15 on Zimbio. Is the girl Valentine? We know She was there at least for on Friday. I never saw her name on anything the other days, but maybe it's her?

I looked at the picture, and it really does look a lot like her bone structure and size. I mean, you NEVER see them together anymore (although, I think they just grew apart - no falling out), so that would be insteresting if they are back socializing.....

I just read that Oki Doki, Albert Zoer's former horse, died last week from tendon surgery complications. He got injured in Cannes. On a brighter note, Monty Roberts, an American horse whisperer, will be at the Dublin Horse Show next week. Charlotte needs to take Troy there for psychoanalysis.

Sorry to be a fanatic about the weather - but I thought Paris is suppose to be in the middle of their summer and here I see Charlotte wearing a long sleeve knitted jumper with a zipper (presuming Chantilly is near Paris) whats the weather like over there at the mo???????:ohmy: I am in the middle of our winter and she looks more dressed for NZ conditions than
summer????????:ermm: and looking more closely she has another top underneath:sad:

Last edited:
Paris isn't hot, hot in the middle of summer. I think the average temperature is around 25°C. The temp on Sunday was around 18-21°C.
I don't think the top Charlotte was wearing was that thick.

Paris isn't hot, hot in the middle of summer. I think the average temperature is around 25°C. The temp on Sunday was around 18-21°C.
I don't think the top Charlotte was wearing was that thick.
Thanks Thecia - but even so wouldnt she be a little hot......perhaps she wasnt feeling well because of her wrist:whistling:

She was wearing a down vest in Portugal a few weeks ago. She must get cold easily.

Back
Top Bottom