The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM

Have you been to a GCT event? I think the GCT Rio would be awesome to attend. Of course, I would love to attend anyone of them. I seriously might go to see the one in Valencia next year. I want to go to Spain --Barcelona, Toledo, Madrid!

DODA

Old 05-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

Then I suggest for you to travel up to Germany and go to CHIO Aachen. It's walhalla of the equestrian sport.

They have dressage, jumping and mennen. (whatever the name is in English) Aachen is the best equestrian event to visit in Europe. If not in the whole world.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Article in italian about Charlotte and Gucci.

Modaonline.it - News: Gucci. In sella con Charlotte Casiraghi per una nuova partnership dedicata all'equitazione

The article says that Charlotte attends the Champions Tour in 2010 and 2011 with stops in Valencia, Hamburg, Turin, Monaco, Estoril, Chantilly and Valkenswaard and Rio de Janeiro, wearing an exclusive riding wardrobe, consisting of clothing and accessories created specially for her by Frida Giannini.
"When I sat down with Charlotte to design the wardrobe for the Equestrian there was just natural understanding between us that made our work together a walk" said the creative director of Gucci.
And Charlotte said ""I am excited about the collaboration with Gucci and very happy to be part of their return to the equestrian world."

Thanks to iceflower for handling the translation
Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 PM

Charlotte Casiraghi and Troy

These HQs are good 'action' shots! Make sure you click on the pic and see the biggest size.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Source: Prisma
Old 05-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Serene Highness

I was looking at the FEI rankings and it appears all of the Monaco riders are blocked out. Charlotte would have to have gotten at least a few points because Sandrine Roussel scored some points at the 1 star level. Charlotte has won prize money at both 1 and 2 stars in 2009 and 2010.

Thanks for the videos above. They are interesting to study and I am learning alot. I was watching Charlotte's French interview video again and noticed that Richard Spooner's legs were waving all over the place and he has won at Monte Carlo 2 years in a row. I think Phillipe Rozier does the same thing. So in the end it's not how pretty you look but what works for you. I do agree with Trepstep though. It appears that most of the top riders try to keep their legs as still as possible. It probably is easier for the horse the less the rider's weight shifts around.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Courtier

I'd like to say many more things but I am not home and have quick and limited use of the internet :-)
Fanofmonaco, I don't think that the monaco riders are being blocked out. Sandrine Roussel is a better rider than Charlotte that's why she's on the list and Charlotte is not.
As I told you the important thing is not how many stars a CSI has, but which show you ride. I don't exactly know how the system works but you probably don't get any point for ranking 9th in a 1.20m. show.
Sandrine Roussel rides at a higher level than Charlotte even if the shows she enters don't have such fancy names.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:10 AM

I only recently noticed Troy's scar on his knee: Troy's canter - he has a scar on left/front knee :-'( on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (Prisma)

The white marks on his chest are unique. I once thought they were just specks of dirt flying up when he jumped up, but they are the same ones repeatedly in other pictures like this one. They are very unique to me. I never saw marks on a horse that are so random and irregular. It's not important, of course. I think I'm becoming obsessed with looking at Troy.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

The ones on his chest are specks. Look at photo 1 and 2 and then at 4 and 5 to see the difference.

And the scar is probably from a fence. The horse of a friend of mine has a scar like that on his leg due to a fence.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I only recently noticed Troy's scar on his knee: Troy's canter - he has a scar on left/front knee :-'( on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (Prisma)

The white marks on his chest are unique. I once thought they were just specks of dirt flying up when he jumped up, but they are the same ones repeatedly in other pictures like this one. They are very unique to me. I never saw marks on a horse that are so random and irregular. It's not important, of course. I think I'm becoming obsessed with looking at Troy.
I think it is saliva. Troy's running and he has his mouth opoened if you see in the pictures. Especially in the HQ ones.
In the beginning i also though they were specks of dirt from the ground.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:21 PM

AZURE, I didn't think about saliva. That's a good possibility. They would be strange as actual birth marks or just the regular markings on such a horse.

I got this in my email, dated yesterday: http://www.fashionandrunway.com/fash...articolo=21646
If you read nothing else, this is the best part. (But the rest is interesting. It talks about the history of Gucci's equestrian style and past connections with Princess Grace.)
Quote:
Charlotte Casiraghi said, "I am thrilled to be working with Gucci and especially happy to be playing a part in their timely return to the equestrian world. It is a very exciting time for show jumping and I am honoured to have Gucci by my side as I continue to progress on the Global Champion Tour. I would like to make a special thank you to Frida and her team for embracing this project whole heartedly and transcending their energy into their truly beautiful designs."
Also, there are 75 pics from Valencia right here: http://x17online.com/gallery/view_ga...hamp050910_X17
Old 05-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

What a coincidence - an article in the "Telegraph" about equestrian fashion !!

"Equestrian style rides into fashion"

I hadn't heard of this branch of haute couture, but I have now.

Equestrian style rides into fashion - Telegraph
Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Commoner

Charlotte Casiraghi jumping in Valencia (08/05/2010). Video in Slow motion (from MedlineIII)

Old 05-17-2010, 09:52 AM

^That's a repost. See one or two pages back in this thread.

In news, the GCT Torino is this week. There is no official riders' list out yet.

We can follow this event here:

International Horse Show Italia
Global Champions Tour

It looks like Maserati is a sponsor. Doesn't Fiat own Maserati? Do you think any of the Elkanns will be out to give prizes? I just hope Charlotte gets out there. What excuse is there to stay away? The Cannes Film Fest?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

I was wondering if that's why she didn't go to the party last nite. Maybe she wanted to be in Turin on Monday to practice for Thursday or she might be transporting horses today.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Charlotte and Athina in Valencia

http://i50.tinypic.com/25h3bye.jpg

Source: magazine pronto
Old 05-19-2010, 11:20 AM

^Thank you!

tomorrow the Torino event begins. I do not know of any official riders' list. I have looked for it.

They will do the official opening and have cocktails and press conference and then some kind of 'fashion" party in the evening.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Nobility

I'm not a huge fan of the particular thread since i don't know anything about horse riding so i can't express an opinion about Casiraghi's career but videos about Doda and advertsing your yt channel..?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:23 AM

^THOSE Doda footage was not uploaded by me and has no affiliation with my "youtube channel" so I don't know what you mean. But perhaps you are right in the sense that Doda is not related to the thread topic.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^THOSE Doda footage was not uploaded by me and has no affiliation with my "youtube channel" so I don't know what you mean. But perhaps you are right in the sense that Doda is not related to the thread topic.
No,i wasn't referring to you CasiraghiTrio,there was a post by a new member that is missing today.She probably deleted her message.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Gentry

Wink International culture request ...

Here we have more videos of the Doda Miranda, in the previous direction of the menbros that had initiated the rank of videos of the same personage.

MERCI.