Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most likely it was down to the jump-off as to why Charlotte was eliminated. It is a shame though. After going good before. :flowers:

Troy refuses to jump a lot because he doesn't want to get hurt. Charlotte is still hurting him. It's messed up. Why doesn't she get that she doesn't need to hurt this horse? Troy is a great horse. He knows what to do. If she lets him do it.... Charlotte..... ah!!!:bang:

I disagree with you CasiTrio. If Charlotte were hurting her horse she would be kicked out of jumping. He is a 10 year old and they are both still learning. They are not quite in sync together yet. She doesn't have these problems with Tintero. They seemed to understand each other immediately.

What I think CT is getting at (and I agree with her) is that Charlotte and Troy are mismatched and that Charlotte, in her being mismatched with Troy and them not understanding each other, does things that she wouldn't do with Tintero. If you look at some of the photos of Charlotte jumping with Troy, he gets that smiley face look from the bit being pulled to hard. And other times, he'll be cantering and have his head down, another sign that Charlotte is qute probably pulling too hard on the reigns. Every rider has had a horse that is too green or too experienced for them. Troy is Charlotte's one. I am of the opinion that Troy is too experienced, too good of a horse, for Charlotte with her current ability. He's a high class horse and with other riders he proves it. He can win competitions, just not with Charlotte IMO. And she seems a little out of her depth with Troy. Even her position when riding Troy is different, less secure. I kind of worry she's going to fall sometimes when I see pictures of her and Troy, particularly looking at her leg position. I think Charlotte should stick to Tintero. They have a good bond and understand each other and what they want out of each other. She's always seemed far more comfortable with him. :flowers:

In pic # 2, I really like how Charlotte touches the horse. She loves this animal.:)

Most likely it was down to the jump-off as to why Charlotte was eliminated. It is a shame though. After going good before. :flowers:
this it is not a shame, just a bad luck. I feel sorry for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
this it is not a shame, just a bad luck. I feel sorry for her.
Wait, what? I didn't mean shame as in "Oh, that's embarrassing" and that she should feel shameful but shame as in "Oh, that sucks!" and like you said, bad luck. I don't understand what you mean. :ermm:

What I think CT is getting at (and I agree with her) is that Charlotte and Troy are mismatched and that Charlotte, in her being mismatched with Troy and them not understanding each other, does things that she wouldn't do with Tintero. If you look at some of the photos of Charlotte jumping with Troy, he gets that smiley face look from the bit being pulled to hard. And other times, he'll be cantering and have his head down, another sign that Charlotte is qute probably pulling too hard on the reigns. Every rider has had a horse that is too green or too experienced for them. Troy is Charlotte's one. I am of the opinion that Troy is too experienced, too good of a horse, for Charlotte with her current ability. He's a high class horse and with other riders he proves it. He can win competitions, just not with Charlotte IMO. And she seems a little out of her depth with Troy. Even her position when riding Troy is different, less secure. I kind of worry she's going to fall sometimes when I see pictures of her and Troy, particularly looking at her leg position. I think Charlotte should stick to Tintero. They have a good bond and understand each other and what they want out of each other. She's always seemed far more comfortable with him. :flowers:

Totally agree. Tintero is her match. I wish she would give Troy to Jan Tops or A&D, where he can be with his equals and not be confused and scared to act because he will be hurt by her overuse of the bit. :sad: The pics are great. Naturally, I like seeing Athina there with Viviane and Viviane's brother, Fernando, and on Fernando's lap, some kid I don't know, perhaps the kid of Bernardo Alves.

So the others that Sugarbaby and Juliette posted were from 10th of June? The first day?
:flowers: Nice pictures!!
I like pic 6 a lot and also is really nice to see Alex supporting her!

No, the other pics were from June 12, the third day. The one with
Athina Onassis is from yesterday, June 13.

I also liked to see those pics with Charlotte's support team :)

Oh my gosh. The pic of Alex taking her picture with her ribbon is too cute! Thanks Ice Flower!

Great pics of Char - she, and her steeds, look great!

No, the other pics were from June 12, the third day. The one with
Athina Onassis is from yesterday, June 13.

I also liked to see those pics with Charlotte's support team :)

Thanks a lot for the info:flowers:

It's nice to see the boyfriend's partiality. Alex seems very proud and happy for her; for him, she's a champ and that's cool. :heart:

Yeah the one with the ribbon had to be from Friday. There were no ribbons on Saturday. I wish we had more pics of Athina, of course. :D

Oh, but there is sad news about Athina. I wrote about in my blog in the last few entries: Athina Onassis de Miranda. She broke her shoulder in the first week of june, in a 4* competition in Bourg-en-Bresse. She had a successful operation, but the recovery will have her out of competition for three months. She looks good, however, I think she will bounce back easily. Thank goodness she is OK.

Haha, the last 2 are hilarious.

So, thanks to the press release Ice just posted over in the Jumping de Monte Carlo thread, we know that Charlotte will be competing with Edwina Alexander for Gucci in the Monaco Pro-Am Cup. And that she's patroness of the show. That's pretty awesome. ;) :flowers:

^Well.... her family does pretty much "own the show!" :lol:

In the program, they misspelled Char's name: Charlotte Casiragui :) The Monte-Carlo people typo'd her name! The niece of the Prince! lol

Last edited:
In the program, they misspelled Char's name: Charlotte Casiragui :)

I was just thinking the same thing!!!
I think that with the reference as the "patron of the show" everything's forgived:p

^Well.... her family does pretty much "own the show!" :lol:

In the program, they misspelled Char's name: Charlotte Casiragui :) The Monte-Carlo people typo'd her name! The niece of the Prince! lol
Well, u is right above h on a US keyboard and people generally don't use spell check these days. ;) Although I thought that about the name spelling too. An official press release misspelling the name of the fourth in line to the throne, the sovereign's eldest niece... heads should roll! :ROFLMAO: ;)

Well, u is right above h on a US keyboard and people generally don't use spell check these days. ;) Although I thought that about the name spelling too. An official press release misspelling the name of the fourth in line to the throne, the sovereign's eldest niece... heads should roll! :ROFLMAO: ;)

Well, in french, thw only way to spell the sound of the last syllabe of Charlotte's name, is "gui". Of course, since Charlotte's father is italian, that rule doesn't apply to her, but I guess the people you wrote it simply spelled it the only logical way for a french speaker.

Charlotte came in 45th out of 58 (includes eliminated and retired) on Troy today at San Remo. It was a 2 star 1.30m competition. It looks like she only took Troy.

I was wondering if Charlotte is a friend of Zara Phillips given their shared love of this sport -does anyone know if their paths have crossed?

^ I doubt it. I've never seen a pic of them together. I don't know much about horse riding but i think that Zara is an Olympic class equestrian rider (or at least very close to call her one) like her mom Princess Anne while Charlotte is amateur,not even professional.

Charlotte also rode a new horse today. A 10 year old French mare named Madison D'Olgy. They came in 32/35 with 13 faults in 2 rounds at 1.20 m.

I was wondering if Charlotte is a friend of Zara Phillips given their shared love of this sport -does anyone know if their paths have crossed?

I doubt it too because, yes, they are totally different leagues, but moreover, they are not even in the same kind of sport, so they wouldn't be participating in the same events. Zara does Eventing, Charlotte does just regular arena jumping.

Back
Top Bottom