The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte's results at Fontainebleau this week-end: 43/60 and 27/54 on Ruebens Quibelle at 1.20m, 52/54 on Madison D'Olgy at 1.20m, and 39/60 at 1.20 and 11/53 at 1.35 on Costa Virgio (won 80 Euros). I am assuming they were all at the 1* level. Ironically, Charlotte has done her best the last 2 times at the 1.30 and 1.35 heights on Costa Virgio. No eliminations this week.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I do not think she wants to escape from the Grimaldi family, she looks very confortable with the family and the relative tasks. Since their tender age the full trio has participated to most of the official events of Monaco in opposition to Stephanie's kids who were absent from all exept the Circus events!! for me YES Stephanie raisd her children to escape being Grimaldis, but not Caroline.
Charlotte + her brothers have fulfilled also alone some small tasks, like inaugurating a boat or give the award to the winner of Monaco Grand-prix, so IMO she does not want to escape from being a Grimaldi, she just needs to do also something else.
I don't think she wants to escape from being a Grimaldi or escape from the Grimaldi family. She wants to escape from being JUST a Grimaldi. Being a Grimaldi means being an image of glamour etc. She doesn't mind that, she in fact takes advantage of that like with her Gucci contract. But she doesn't want to see as JUST that: just glamour and nothing else, just another beautiful heiress that does nothing with her life. She doesn't want to escape the Grimaldi in the sense that she doesn't want to deny she's one but she wants to show that besides being a Grimaldi, she's something else too.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Anything new happening with her equestrian hobby? I don't think we can actually call it a career so hobby seems more appropriate.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

That´s true,she sees this more as a hobby than a real "job", I guess her fashion magazine is more important to her because she puts more effort into it and she has a good taste in fashion.
I can also agree with the statement "She wants to escape from being JUST a Grimaldi."
That is certainly true-we all have different facets of our personality and wish to be seen as a whole, but if she wants to be taken serious as a rider she should train more...I see her more as a smart fashionista with some interest in horses,philosophy and sustainability,but I am sure she has other hobbies and interests too.
. Helen Keller
Old 05-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

So far, the Global Champions tour has had 3 stages already. She participated in none. Next one is London, not sure if she will. But then comes Cannnes and Monte Carlo, those are kind of certain, no?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Serene Highness

I saw one article on London that said Charlotte would be there, but we will have to wait until next week and see. Last year she didn't start the GCT until Cannes. I think she did 5 of them. Maybe that is what Gucci is agreeing to pay for.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Makes sense, she seems to do the "most glamourous" ones: Cannes, MonteCarlo, etc
Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

In honesty, many top level events are held in less than wonderful areas because of the amount of land required to hold a major competition. When they are in a 'resort town' with nice hotels and restaurants that's always a big attractant.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:15 AM
Courtier

Madrid leg was held in the Club the Campo, a posh stablishment very close to the city center. Also, in spain there is quite a lot of "pink press" interested in the Grimaldi. I thought it would be ideal for Gucci because of all the free publicity she would had gotten.
I was surprised she didn't come.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Serene Highness

Hmm, if i am not wrong, Fanofmonaco said in the Charlotte Casiraghi current events, that she may have hurt her leg. Well, that could be a reason that she doesn't participate in the competitions.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Would pink press be the tabloids?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte isn't listed to ride Thursday at the London GCT. I don't know that she is injured. It was just a wild guess.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Royal Highness

If she was injured I am sure she would have made it official,just like a football player will make it official if he is unable to play due to health reasons.
I hope for her that she did not get hurt, maybe she is working on a different project that is more important to her at the moment, we can only guess.
. Helen Keller
Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

It was a thought for me, too. Don't take is for granted!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Royal Highness

Of course, we can only speculate why she does not attend! I am sure that she has a good reason for it.
I hope that P.Charlotte accepts that she needs to train more to get good results and now she is exercising with a good coach, when she is in good shape she competes again & gives a better performance than before :-)
. Helen Keller
Old 06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Would pink press be the tabloids?
No, no, it's not the same thing.

For some unknown reason tabloids don't sell well in spain. the public is just not interested and every time some one has started one it has failed quickly.

So, maybe because we don't have tabloids but the public wants to read light stuff, what we have is what we call "pink press". The kind of press that focus on "glamour", celebrities, royals, etc. But talks about them kindly, shows pretty pictures, etc. Not with a tabloid mean focus.

Hello magazine, for example, is a spanish company, with several foreing branches.

I guess that this is why there is so much interests in the grimaldi in spain, when they don't have any family or geography conections with the country (as it's the case of italy or france). We have to fill up all the that glossy press with something!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would just like to point out that 1. it might be the horse has an injury or 2. you cant campaign the same horses week after week after week. They need a little off time at judicious points during the season so they dont get lame and sour.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

GCT Cannes started yesterday. I thought she would appear in this one but so far nothing
Old 06-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Surely she will be in Monaco in 2 weeks.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte is listed for the Monaco Grand Prix. Thierry Rozier will be riding Tintero. He is doing very well on him.