The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
It should work now:
http://www.psvphoto.com/listephotos....3e624fa3&rep=0

Clearly, horse photographers take much better photos at the jumping events than paparazzi
Sadly it's still not working, for me at least.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:25 AM
Courtier

I don't know why it doesn't work.
Try this.
Go to PSV MOREL - Photos en ligne
Click on Jump Bost
Type "casiraghi" (if you type "charlotte casiraghi" it doesn't work)

Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
I don't know why it doesn't work.
Try this.
Go to PSV MOREL - Photos en ligne
Click on Jump Bost
Type "casiraghi" (if you type "charlotte casiraghi" it doesn't work)
Oh now I see! Hmm. I was hoping that since her results were good and she was riding at a less difficult level, she'd look more comfortable and her position would be better, but she still looks very off balance to me in a lot of the pictures. I think her trainer needs to work with her on controlling her hip angle.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Charlotte competing at the International show jumping of Barbizon, France on March 31:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** wenn gallery **
Old 04-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

This pic is scaring
http://3456.voxcdn.com/get_preview.p...&lm=1364721657

I wonder of what was going on there!!

In this pic: http://3456.voxcdn.com/get_preview.p...&lm=1364721654 isn't the horse too close to the fence to jump?

I would like to know the results
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Courtier

The first pic looks like she was checking the horse up, some are more smooth about it than others.

The second pic she is ahead of the horse and the horse has taken off too close to the fence, looks like she got her strides off....although when it's a straight vertical with no width you do get in deeper to the fence because you need to get up and over without the stretch...and I can't tell for sure if that's an angled fence where one side is vertical and the other is spread.

LaRae
Old 04-02-2013, 03:10 AM
Serene Highness

Without knowing horse - riding (meaning that my writing is not accurate in that part) she seems like she has an accident in that last picture.

Well, from her general expressions, i don't think she got good results I hope for the opposite of course.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:19 AM
Royal Highness

As per usual, her horse is getting her through the course and she's just hanging on for the ride. And she's being heavy handed and really hard on her horse's mouth. Ah well. I suppose it's time to give up on the idea that she's ever going to do the work to become a rider who respects her horses and works to make their job easier.

In this image, it looks like she actually dropped her reins on one side, and in several of the others her position is just all over the place. http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?acti...iew&id=9849795

I'm a self-taught rider. I learned by trial and error, with lots of help from books and the occasional trading of work for a lesson. I don't have nearly the technical knowledge some of the people on this forum have- but you don't have to be an expert to see how much is going wrong in some of these pictures. It's rare to find a picture where her jump position looks good- she's always either way in front of where she should be or way behind. It's got to be so hard on her horses to have to compensate that much- like carrying a sack of flour over the jumps.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Commoner

[QUOTE=HRHHermione;1534898]A I suppose it's time to give up on the idea that she's ever going to do the work to become a rider QUOTE]

Is not necessary to make this reference, since we are all vaccinated against his little capacity to do something good in your life, be it personal or professional !!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

Well, it seems like Charlotte is disappointed with the results as well,her face doesnīt look very happy and shows her emotion.I feel kind of sorry for her because I know what it feels like to underperform, we all have that days and times when we donīt excel and bring one bad result after another.
She always has some of the best horses,this is why I am sad that she doesnīt do more training,because I am sure she could do much better if she wanted to.I know many ppl here are only angry because they are riders as well and would wish to have the chance to ride such fine horses but canīt afford to.
Maybe Charlotte should try her luck with another riding instructor who can motivate her to ride more and have a better discipline,because without discipline+commitment from her side, no horse can win the tournament for her. Nevertheless I do believe that she cares about the horses and likes equestrianism,or at least the whole lifestyle that is built around horses.Otherwise she would have quit long ago,she does not need to do any tournaments -neither her mother forces her nor does she need to do it for financial reasons.
. Helen Keller
Old 04-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte's results from this week-end: On Saturday-on CarryDuff 2* 1.30m 73/81 with 16 faults; Costa Virgio 1* 1.30 12/49 won 15 Euros; Madison D'Olgy eliminated same level. On Sunday- on CarryDuff 40/52 with 8 faults at 2* 1.30; Costa Virgio at 1* 1.20m 21/33 with 4 faults and 29/33 with 9 faults on Madison at same level.

Looks like Barbizon is having another competition next week-end.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe she doesn't want to change her coach, because they are very close friends since a lot of years, so they have a strong connection. But if that's the case, then it is stupid, because if she wants to be good at the sport, she has to focus on the things that block her from this and leave some other things aside.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Maybe she doesn't want to change her coach, because they are very close friends since a lot of years, so they have a strong connection. But if that's the case, then it is stupid, because if she wants to be good at the sport, she has to focus on the things that block her from this and leave some other things aside.
I don't think she wants to be good at the sport, or cares very much about her results. She gets embarrassed when she's eliminated, but beyond that I don't think she cares very much.

She's treating riding as part of the Charlotte Casiraghi brand- part of her allure is not only her family history, but also her beauty, her sophistication, her fashion, and this image of her as adventurous and glamorous. I think the horses are more or less accessories to promote that look. She's making money from Gucci this way, but it's more respectable if it looks like they're sponsoring her riding rather than just using her as a model. As has been suggested by others, she may also be profiting financially from the Global Champions Tour.

I think she's in the sport because it's exclusive, dominated by other very wealthy people, and gives her something to do. Kind of a pretend career.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I don't think she wants to be good at the sport, or cares very much about her results. She gets embarrassed when she's eliminated, but beyond that I don't think she cares very much.

She's treating riding as part of the Charlotte Casiraghi brand- part of her allure is not only her family history, but also her beauty, her sophistication, her fashion, and this image of her as adventurous and glamorous. I think the horses are more or less accessories to promote that look. She's making money from Gucci this way, but it's more respectable if it looks like they're sponsoring her riding rather than just using her as a model. As has been suggested by others, she may also be profiting financially from the Global Champions Tour.

I think she's in the sport because it's exclusive, dominated by other very wealthy people, and gives her something to do. Kind of a pretend career.
I agree. If it wasn't Gucci to promote her (including her "career" as a rider and her profile as well) i think she would quit the sport or maybe she wouldn't even start horse riding again.
On the other hand, i would be very embarrased being among other very competitive athletes with an excellent level. She often gets eliminated or has many faults etc.
Sometimes i think that she has stuck to horse riding (not only because of Gucci and the great promotion she receives from them - i've got no problem with that) because she has no other interest. One war or another she doesn't do any harm.. but she may seem ridiculous to the other jumpers and those people who know about horse jumping.

Out of topic, but what happened with manifesto? I think it is published once in a year?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Courtier

I am very critical with Charlotte horseriding career, but I don't think I fully agree with you azure, HRHHermione and blauerengel.
I don't think that Charlotte doesn't really care about horses or that she doesn't train much.
Of course she doesn't train enough if she wants to be a professional. A professional shoudl devote herself 100% to her career. That's one of the reasons why she looks so silly when she talks about being a pro or going to the Olympics.

But I do think she trains more than most amateurs, and she had better horses and professionals helping her. And she doesn''t stick exclusively to Thierry anymore. She trains in the Netherlands with Tops and Edwina.

After all these years I've come to realize that Charlotte simply has no talent to be a horsewoman. Not everybody can be a competent 1'30/1,40 rider. No matter how much this person trains.
To me, the clue was that interview at Bordeaux with old Marcel Rozier, with his "she has such passion". He was so clearly implied that she has no talent...

I've known a lot of people who were full of passion and spent with horses most of their free time, people who made huge economic efforts to pay for their horse, who have the willpower to train everyday after their day work at the office, and yet... never were high level amateurs, often because they couldn't afford a proper horse, but quite often because they simply don't had the talent, and they accepted it willingly and had fun jumping 1'10 courses, and kept on riding and loving horses.

Charlotte has to main problems, imo.

First, that her Gucci sponsorship allows her to buy great horses and pay first level trainers who prepare the horses for her and allow her to look the part in 1'40 competitions for a couple of days until the horses get fed up with her and the process stars once again. This way she jumps higher courses that someone her level should be jumping and she thinkss she is better than he is.

Second, she is a spoiled little girl who thinks she is the best and deserves the best, and doesn't realize that some activities require talent, not just money.

The results at the Barbizon jumping are decent, because her horses are prepared by other people but the pictures speak for themselves. She rode awfully.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Royal Highness

As I am not a professional rider I donīt know if she has talent or not,however we all see her disappointing results and even as a non-professional I can see the mistakes (her posture,the way she is riding the horse) and she has said in an interview that she does not train much. To me it seems more like a lack of motivation and discipline,but I canīt tell as I am not an expert. Thatīs just my opinion and I really donīt mean to offend anyone.
Just out of interest, is anyone of this board competing in equestrianism? I for my part I like to feed them and be around the horses,but I do ride only very occasional and never did any jumps.
. Helen Keller
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Commoner

I agree with Hermione and Azure, Charlotte uses this sport to promote her partnerships with Gucci. As a member of the Princely Family, it looks better not to be considered as a model (she uses to be). Horse riding is a posh sport, lots of money, lots of "beautiful" people from rich families, many codes, everybody is CHIC, it's perfect for her.
And it can let think she has a job.
Of course, I think she likes horses and the competition, but not as much to make sacrifices. Her life as a socialite is more important.
I have a question, because I don't know all the family as well as you, do Charlotte and his brothers have an official job ? I mean, they're not prince and princess, they have no title, they're supposed to work like "everybody" (lol)
I think she was sort of a journalist when she lived in London (for a magazine), but now ?
And for Andrea and Pierre ?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
and she has said in an interview that she does not train much. To me it seems more like a lack of motivation and discipline.
She's never said anything like that, as far as I remember. Quite the contrary.
She always speaks about how much she trains and how horseriding is her primary activity. In her last interview she also explained that lately she is spending much of her time in The Netherlands to train at the Tops barn.

Marcel Rozier did also recently talk about her big passion and motivation. But he kept quiet about her talent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine View Post
I agree with Hermione and Azure, Charlotte uses this sport to promote her partnerships with Gucci.
It's rather the other way. Someone wrote about it in Vanity Fair, I believe, and recently she's confirmed it herself. She doesn't ride to promote Gucci. She promotes Gucci in order to get money to support her riding passion.
Riding at the international level Charlotte is jumping is incredibly expensive even for a wealthy person. She needs Gucci and Cartier partnership to pay for it.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ Even the very have a budget. I'm sure Caroline and possibly Albert invests in Charlotte's sport. From what I've heard riding at a high level cost $200,000-$300,000. A LOT of money.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ I hate to break the news, but at that level, $200-300,000 would be on the low side of what one would expect to pay for 1 horse (we have horses in our barn which were bought for Euro 1,000,000)....not including any of the expenses attached to actually competing.....