The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Majesty

I really didn't pay attention to all of that. I was amazed how good she looked in the costume. Then again, I'm a guy so....

Old 12-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

(...)
On topic......Charlotte is a still a bad rider who needs to decide if she is a committed equestrian or just another celebutante clothes horse.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Courtier

The Basel CSI is starting tomorrow. Charlotte has ridden there the last few years but apparently she is not engaged this year:
http://eventcontent.hippoonline.de/7...eitplanENG.htm

The french press reaction to the controversy aroused in the US media after Charlotte dressed up as an indian. Voici published a ironic piece mocking the american press reaction. The pretend to be shocked to make fun of the "scandal" and then they mock it. The piece even ends up advising the readers not to ever paint their faces blue if they don't want to offend the Smurfs!

If you keep on reading the readers comments you'll see that all of them agree with the ironic opinion of Voici piece, and the all strongly support Charlotte and her choice of costume:

Charlotte Casiraghi crée la polémique aux Gucci masters - Voici

google translation:
Traductor de Google
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know how much controversy it caused. I am a news junkie and I have not heard one thing in the news regarding this.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Courtier

I haven't seen anything over here either. There were maybe one or two posts on TFS forums that called her out, but otherwise, zelch. Charlotte is not well known enough over here to cause a stir outside of high fashion followers (which is the real irony here).
Old 01-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
I haven't seen anything over here either. There were maybe one or two posts on TFS forums that called her out, but otherwise, zelch. Charlotte is not well known enough over here to cause a stir outside of high fashion followers (which is the real irony here).
True, just a post in a NY tabloid and no one is quoted or identified as the person, Native Indian or tribal leader as being offended. No one. No media coverage here in the US about this alleged controversy.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Courtier

There's been controversy in many anglosaxon media and internet websites: dailymail, nydailynews, nymag, huffingtonpost, yahoonews, royalwatcher... That's why Voici is making fun of it.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Charlotte will be competing this weekend at the International Jumping de Bordeaux. She's doing a partner competition.

Team CHATEAU BACON:
Marie COUPERIE EIFFEL with POWER DE PUYCHETY
Charlotte CASIRAGHI with RUBINS QUIBELLE
Guillaume CANET with B.

Team - Partners - Jumping
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Teaming up with Guillaume I see Hopefully we'll see Marion then.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Nobility

Interview de Charlotte

Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Interview de Charlotte dans le Sport & Style
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, as far as I understood, she's most of her time with Edwina in The Netherlands. I hope that means she's taking the sport more seriously and her scores will improve with time
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
So, as far as I understood, she's most of her time with Edwina in The Netherlands. I hope that means she's taking the sport more seriously and her scores will improve with time
It's kind of weird. The interview was made a little bit before the Gucci masters, probably november... and Charlotte says she spends most of her time in the Netherlands training, but... is you check her activities from last automn you have to wonder... I mean she spent the months either in París or Monaco or travelling around... If her horses are in the netherlands and she lives in París... this means she trains even less than i thought.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ well, I think it can be more complicated than that actually. Sorry if I'm misunderstading anything, I only had 3 years of french in school long time ago. But I understood that it's Thierry who trains her horses, right? And Thierry lives in France? Paris or south? So, if he trains her horses, she's working with different horses in the Netherlands?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

If she spends most of her time training here, I wonder why she never competes here. And training with Edwina hasn't helped her improve all that much. Atleast not results wise.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
^^ well, I think it can be more complicated than that actually. Sorry if I'm misunderstading anything, I only had 3 years of french in school long time ago. But I understood that it's Thierry who trains her horses, right? And Thierry lives in France? Paris or south? So, if he trains her horses, she's working with different horses in the Netherlands?
Thierry is only training Tintero and her young horses, getting them ready for her. Apparently the horses she competes with are in the Netherlands, which is really weird since just having a look at her public appearences last year, it's obvious she didn't spend much time there, she was mostly in Paris, Monaco and even America, with Gad, when she was not competing.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Thierry is only training Tintero and her young horses, getting them ready for her. Apparently the horses she competes with are in the Netherlands, which is really weird since just having a look at her public appearences last year, it's obvious she didn't spend much time there, she was mostly in Paris, Monaco and even America, with Gad, when she was not competing.
Well I suppose it must mean she now has a Dutch trainer getting horses ready for her too, or perhaps rehabing horses she has damaged. In either case it looks as if someone else does the work and she will pretty much just show up for the actual event. If she were ever to be a serious competitpr she wouldn't be galavanting all over the globe for parties, she would be training daily. It seems a bit of a streatch to talk about her having an "equestrian career", seems more of a hobby at best.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ NGalitzine, you're right about her not having a career but an hobby. And that's something that never makes sense with this girl. Because from her interviews it seems she looks at it as a career, at least from the point of view that she plans to do it in the long term and improving up to the point of competing in major events like the olympics.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Did anyone else notice the spur marks?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--v_ERyQuv5...c/s1600/77.jpg

One time when a little bit of photoshop would had been a nice idea.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well I suppose it must mean she now has a Dutch trainer getting horses ready for her too, or perhaps rehabing horses she has damaged. In either case it looks as if someone else does the work and she will pretty much just show up for the actual event. If she were ever to be a serious competitpr she wouldn't be galavanting all over the globe for parties, she would be training daily. It seems a bit of a streatch to talk about her having an "equestrian career", seems more of a hobby at best.
This is very common at a certain level. We have a young lady in our barn with 7 horses (1,000,000 Euro for the last one). She is having a semester in Tuscany and only flies in for the big competitions, having ridden not at all in between (not that she rides much when in the US as they have several houses around the country). The coaches keep the horses fit and sharp in between and show the animals in the major Grands Prix. Young lady loves to collect congratulations on Facebook for the coach's wins. Daddy also bought her her very own rehab layup farm for her convalescents. The horses in the string are in constant rotation because if she competes any of them too consistently they begin to get worried, much like Charlotte's animals. So by the coach riding them, they stay confident.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ Thanks for sharing that scooter

I always thought there was something wrong with Charlotte's "career" but now that you shared that story all makes sense: Charlotte does exactly the same!