The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

As the discussion about Charlotte's guise has made leeway, it has been shortened and several posts have been deleted, let us please get back to the topic of this thread! Thanks!

Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Nobility

Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Gucci Paris Masters 2012 - Jour 3

Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 AM
Courtier

Getting back to Charlotte herself...
Arff! She is wearing the ugly shoes she wore at the National Day!
But I don't know why, but I kind of like her short trousers.

About the video, I wonder if it is not too much to aske if someone currently living in France (LovelyKate?) would be kind enough to download it and post it on youtube or somewhere else?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Courtier

^ I have already tried to download it, I wanted to post it on youtube but my computer says the video is impossible to download... I'm sorry.
By the way, Pomeline wrote what Charlotte said on her blog. It's in french.. I can't translate it because I'm not fluent enough: one of her sentence is soooo long that I wouldn't know how to do!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
^ I have already tried to download it, I wanted to post it on youtube but my computer says the video is impossible to download... I'm sorry.
By the way, Pomeline wrote what Charlotte said on her blog. It's in french.. I can't translate it because I'm not fluent enough: one of her sentence is soooo long that I wouldn't know how to do!
Alow me to help you, LovelyKate. I wrote a small translation... It's not perfect, but i think it gives an idea of what she said.

Kamel : Excuse me Pascal, i’m with the princess...It was quite fun, it went quiet well for you this first round... pomeline-fizz - pomeline-fizz - pomeline-fizz
Charlotte :I was very happy, my mare was in full shape so we had quite a good time and (…)... the horses were fantastic. pomeline-fizz pomeline-fizz pomeline-fizz
Kamel : We feel that’s for a cause that you take seriously, you and the royal princess, your mother, because you’re rather discrete with the media, but then you accept to put yourself in a situation wich, a priori, isn’t at all free of risks.
Charlotte : Yes and no, it’s to support l'Amade that is a wonderful association of wich my mother has been president for many years and I thought it would be a beautiful initiative to organize this competition to raise funds, and then we wanted to do something pleasant for the public and, therefore, this way, it necessarily changes and I believe that both the riders and the public enjoy this kind of competition very much. .
Kamel : Thank you Charlotte, have a nice evening. pomeline-fizz pomeline-fizz pomeline-fizz
Pascal : Thank you Kamel and thank you Charlotte Casiraghi. It’s not every day that she speaks, that she agrees to answer to the questions of the journalists, so Kamel thank you for getting this small interview. It’s for a good cause also.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Good job Lazuli!!
Does anybody knows who is the woman PurePeople identified as Princess Caroline on pic 23 of this gallery?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Courtier

3 Zimbio pics from day 3 - Gucci Masters: Caroline, Charlotte, Guillaume & Marcel Canet watching the show.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Going Native American ... | Spletnik.ru
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Good job Lazuli!!
Does anybody knows who is the woman PurePeople identified as Princess Caroline on pic 23 of this gallery?

Thanks for the tip about the interview in pomeline's blog, LovelyKate. No idea who's that woman, she appears in other pics besides Caroline. Maybe someone from Amade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
In that picture of Charlotte riding, she seems to have lost a stirrup. What a weird picture to use for a Gucci campaign.
I don't think the general public will notice anything wrong with that pic. Look at the foot of this pic.
It says: "Charlotte at ease on horse".
Oh, yes, I can see how at ease they are, both her and Carry!
http://photo.parismatch.com/media/ph...aysage_std.jpg

And I know we've talked much about Charlotte's posture... But really she should do anything about it. What's the point of wearing heels and dressing up if you are going to stand like this:
http://hcd-1.imgbox.com/acypYGiC.jpg...A&e=1354650218

Apparently Charlotte got another sponsor. She's changed Tintero's name to Wablieft Mister Cash, so the horse is obviously sponsored by the company.
https://ffecompet.ffe.com/chevaux/eV...9RUVVvRmwzUT09

Gucci probably wouldn' allow her to do it with the horses she rides with the Gucci colours but since Tintero is ridden by Thierry...
Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Courtier

A few more pics from Abu Dhabi:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...teabudhabi.png
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...rcharlotte.png
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...rcharlotte.png
Old 12-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Thank you!
I was curious, I have looked for other pics, and I found some on GCT website:
- Charlotte hugging Edwina;
- Charlotte laughing.

I found a video! Here (third rank, top right). Charlotte appears ponctually from 2'32 to the end.

Edit: I also found this article on GCT website. It says that Gucci sponsored Abu Dhabi GCT, which explains Charlotte's presence. There is a pic of Charlotte riding on this page so I wonder if she rode. I know that this is off-topic on this page but I didn't know if it was intersting to post this on her "equestrian carrer" page.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Courtier

I found this article about Charlotte and her costume. It says: "today, the princess of Monaco is regretting that the brand she represents didn't react to defend her."
They don't indicate their source...
Old 12-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

i like her here. She cut her hair and like that it seems better than the long hair she previously had!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I found this article about Charlotte and her costume. It says: "today, the princess of Monaco is regretting that the brand she represents didn't react to defend her."
....and of course they don't seem to know Charlotte is not a princess of Monaco.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Nobility

I don't think it is up to Gucci to defend her,as an adult she has to either defend her choice or accept that it upset some people and apologize.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

Gucci didn't design her costume.. I don't see why they would even try to defend her. Or why Charlotte even expected them to do so.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Courtier

I guess Charlotte does expect them to do so because they gave the costume to her. She didn't choose it, they did all the job. Wasn't there a video last year of Charlotte opening a box, discovering her disco costume and saying something like "am I supposed to wear this?" But she accepted to wear it, so she is also responsable.
However, she has always been used to be very protected. So maybe it's obvious for her that she has nothing to do, that people are going to fight for her honnour - but that's not how things happen in real life.

Edit: french medias hardly start to talk about the "affair". This one is the first which critics Charlotte. They conclude by a sentence saying that it's ironical that Charlotte "doesn't understand" all this mess and regrets Gucci's silence.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Courtier

A new pic of Charlotte with her indian costume, from some magazine I can't identify since the words are too small.
https://twitter.com/JessiK_R/status/...709633/photo/1

Quote:
It looks like utter bull****. There is no source, so those RTL people clearly made everything up. Weird, because normaly it's a serious tv channel, but that was totally unprofessional. If I was Charlotte I would sue them.

Also, as far as I know to this date there has been not a single negative reaction in the french press about Charlotte costume.
All those foreing critics should really stop it and asume that wearing an indian costume may be akward in America, but it is absolutely no issue in Europe and everybody will keep doing it no matter how the issue is treated in another continent.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope that eventually, if they learn from enough people that native americans find those costumes racist and offensive that they'll have the good sense to stop wearing them.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Well, I really hope we don't. And luckily I don't see any remote signal that it may happen!
American taboos should stay in America, and not cross over here and try to change our way of dealing with the world.

But appart from this disagreement, I hope we can stay friendly and keep on comenting Charlotte and her horses around here, Hermione!