Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the info on Athina, CasiraghiTrio. I don't really follow her career that much so my info is probably outdated. I still don't think she will ever get to the Olympics (or at least in many years, the good thing about riding is that you can be olympic at age 60 :))

Oh, and thanks for your flickr list! Just one little thing I wanted to say. I don't think it is very fair for Zara Phillips. She is by far the best of them all, yet the girl doesn't have any Rolex point because that ranking is only jor jumping riders and she is an eventer, not a jumper! I have no idea where to find the eventing ranking if their is one, though.

Valentine is cute on that video. She talks about the difficulties she had to face during the show (the wind knocked donw a big oxer before she took it), she talks about her horse, that doesn't belong to her but to a company called "Heckmann? international". She's been riding him for 3 years and talks about her relationship with him as a "big love story". They don't speak very slowly but during the last question you will probably catch the words "professional" and "passion", when the journalist ask her if she is a professional and she says, no, I have a different professional activity but riding is my passion.

I'm really not an expert on olympic requirements, and maybe someone else can explain it better, FanofMonaco, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work the way you say. Not every country has a rider. Only a handful of countries compete on the olympics and they have to classify first. Also, I believe (although I could be wrong here, please correct me if it is so) that individual riders are not classified, but "national teams" of 4 riders, so Greece would need 4 top level riders to classify to the Olympics.

About the stars, yes, they are usually a good way to know the level of the competion we are talking of, but with the exception of very good riders who take part in the smaller competions of the day because they need to train their young horses, a riders who rides Grand Prix at a CSI**is much better than a rider who does 1'10m at a CSI*****, like Charlotte.

And yes, Juliette, you got it right, that's why she isn't on the list. She is worst (or let's say less experienced) that all those other riders, and she doesn't have any points yet. But CasiraghiTrio is right. We've been really harsh on her. Let's wait and see how the season goes!

Hereditary Thane, what's your problem? Dou you think we permanently live on the internet and have nothing else to do than answer problems? You're stupid. And that's the last message from you I will be answering.

Charlotte has never ridden in a 5 star competetion as a senior rider. 95% of the time she rode in 1 star. She rode 2 star in Valencia and Estoril only because there was no one star.

I also believe people are being very unfair about her riding. She started riding last spring after a 4 1/2 year hiatus with a new horse and then broke her hand. That's alot to deal with; even for a pro. In the fall she got what appears to be 2 Olympic caliber horses. She's done pretty well with Tintero. I started writing down her scores last fall for fun starting with Bois le Roi. 8 out of 36, 12/ 51, 19/80, 17/79, 7/27,13/86,23/110. I would be happy being in the top 1/3 to 1/4 after being back less than 1 year. I didn't write down all of her scores but that is the majority on Tintero. He looks smaller and probably the size she was used to riding. Troy looks much bigger and fiestier. It will take awhile to learn how to controll him.

Also, people were saying she didn't ride in France.She rode all winter in France. Marseilles, fontainebleau, paris, villeneuve-loubet, and maybe vidauban (They had 5 weeks just after the 3 weeks at v-l and there was absolutely nothing on the internet about it ;which makes me think she might have been there. (There were no photographs that she was at V-L until the final week-end) It would make sense. It's just a helicopter ride from Monaco.

^The only time Char rides in the 5* competitions are when she's doing a GCT event. Valencia, Estoril,etc. -- all GCT. Otherwise, indeed, she's 1-2*.
This year we know she has done Villeneuve Loubet, which is indeed practically outside Monaco, and there were other Monaco rider there too.

I agree the flickr list is unfair for Zara. It doesn't even make sense having her on the list. She belongs with her own kind, the eventing riders. I just put her there because she's a royal girl, or you know what I mean, royal relation. But I know it is stupid. :lol: No doubt about it, Zara has proven her salt. She's the best, practically Queen of the Sport. :cool:

Charlotte is definitely on the list to compete in Valencia. Marta there too. I think I saw Martina's name as well. I saw Doda on the list, but no Athina. That's odd.

Athina had a whole new tour this year. She & Doda have a new trainer, Jean-Maurice Bonneau, and it seems that Bonneau has put Athina on a whole new course of 3*'s in Italy to get her and her horses ready for the 5*'s. Mostly she's been trying to get to know Tomboy and get used to riding him. He's a champion horse but they haven't really had great results together so far. We'll see I guess. I hope she is at the GCT though. I don't know why she's not on the list.

Belay (most of) my last. Martina Hingis is not on the Valencia list. Athina is not on there either, but that can't be right. Charlotte is there; Doda, and Phil Rozier, and Michel Robert, Edwina Alexander, and Marta and Sergio.... The Full List courtesy of Oxersport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting and weird list.
The CSI***** looks passionating but "normal" Most of the big names are there: Pessoa, Michel Robert, Lamaze, Bost, Jessica Kurten, Laura Kraut, Meredith, etc.. But there isn't a single british rider.

Most surprises come from the CSI**
Athina is not there. Instead infanta Elena, who had not taken part in a big show for ages is schedulled to run! Among the big names I can also see locate a couple of un-related Grimaldis (the italian grimaldis are big sponsors of the show), princess Lama and José Bono, son of the president of the spanish Senate.
Anyone else you recognize?

CasiraghiTrio check your list again. Charlotte is riding 2* not 5* (upper right side on page 2 of list). She did the same last year.

Her Portugese cousin is not riding this year, but there are 2 Grimaldis from Italy. I wonder if they are distant relatives.

:lol: I wondered about the Grimaldis!

I recognize Cayetano, the Duchess of Alba's boy

Monaco Jumping Riders
  1. Diane Dupont
  2. Charlotte Casiraghi
  3. Wenceslas Thomel
  4. Maude Raimbert
  5. Sophie Giordano
  6. Kelly McNamara
  7. Flavia Sillari
  8. Vanessa von Zitzewitz (switched to France?)

Great pictures! She looks poised and ready!

Weird. That news piece says that she is studying design. And I have trouble believing it. Charlotte is more the intellectual type, I do not really see her following design courses like many bored heiressess do.
El País is one of the most serious and prestigious european papers but that info doesn't look very accurate.

^^
I wouldn't believe what the spanish press say about famous people outside Spain, they usually print the scoops many days later and many times their articles have wrong info; so I would take this with a grain of salt.

I would be skeptical too if they meant she was studying design for a degree, but I can believe she might take a course or two, because maybe she needs, or wants, some learning in fashion design for Ever Manifesto. If she enrolls in some basic courses, that's completely different...... but on the subject of the pictures: She is beautiful and fresh and lovely, with her windblown hair and preppy shirt and sweater. However, I wish that she would not ride without a helmet. She did this for the opening of the GCT and the photo op, of course, but for safety, I wish she would wear the helmet when she sits on a horse.

I do like her outfit!...it suits her really well!...she is so stylish!!!...like her grandmother! =)

The jumping is being broadcasted live here:
GCT Live - Global Champions Tour

I was late to see Charlotte but Marta just ended her 1.40 parcours with 0 points.

I found Charlotte's results here: http://www.oxersport.com/es/calenda...-espa-a-valencia-espana/programa-y-resultados
As usual she is on the botton half of the list 19th of 28 riders. The only famous name with a really good result on that particular show has been José Bono, who's ended second.

More pics here:
GalerÃ*a de imágenes - Foto 5 - Carlota Casiraghi, una bella amazona en el GP de HÃ*pica de Valencia

She's finally put a black strap to her helmet! It was time!:flowers:

Charlotte is starting to turn the corner with Troy. She used to be eliminated every time she rode him. She has now finished 3 out of the last 4 times. Today she jumped with him at 1.25 meters and finished with no faults. Her time was just slow. That was her only competition.

The Grimaldis, whoever they are, are doing well and winning prizes.

I bet Gucci is very excited about sponsoring Charlotte all summer. Also, did you notice that some Dutchman is shown as being the owner of Troy ?

Pics from today:

Charlotte Casiraghi during the first day of the equestrian Grand Prix
of Spain, part of the Global Champions Tour, at the City of Arts and
Sciences in Valencia, eastern Spain, 07 May 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** belga **

I do like the new helmet strap, much better, Trep! :p

19th place isn't bad...... It's very good that she doesn't have any fault points. This is an improvement. Troy is amazing, truly awesome horse. Very true, Fan, his owner is this Korting person.

GI Joe's owner is Jan Tops. Troy's owner is Korting.

Do you think Charlotte has given up Tintero? I feel bad for poor Tintero. The little engine that could. I hope he's OK, where ever he is, whatever he's doing. I got rather attached to Tintero. :flowers:

Sorry for the double post...... I found a fourth horse Charlotte has ridden since her return to jumping. He is Barco van de Waterschans, sired by Darco, and owner is listed as being Thierry Rozier. She rode this horse last November in a small competition at Espace Rozier in Bois le Roi.

See here: Charlotte Casiraghi's equine partners on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Korting? What's his first name? I haven't heard of the man before. (Quite a funny last name, it's discount in English)

Jan Tops is truly awesome. He grew up quite near where I live. He is the host of CSI Valkenswaard aswell.

^ And also Jan is the founder of the GCT!

I don't know Korting's first name. It just has his initials. I googled him and he has lots of horses in his stables, but he's always listed the same way.

Here I go with another double post, but I have to ask a question. I just realized..... Charlotte has Troy's mane in braids. Why? I have read that jumping riders don't like to do that because a loose mane = a more relaxed, supple horse. And the more relaxed the horse, the better the performance.
If she just does it for the appearance, because it looks good, that seems pretty stupid to me.

Because it looks neater. In dressage you loose points if your horse is not well braid or well groomed. Don't know if that's the same with jumpers but for a horse it doesn't really matter. An experienced horse can jump easily with and without braids.

And given, I think braided mane on an event or match looks better and neater. Makes the neck and head that much more attractive to look at. Especially for potentional buyers.

I am now wondering if Korting may be a company name. It has 4 initials in front of it.

Even Troy is wearing Gucci. Check out his ear covers. First a new owner and now this. He must have his own talent agent lol. Next he'll be wearing the giant sunglasses.

Tintero was listed as Charlotte's second horse . I was hoping she would try him at 1.40 meters. (She did once at V-L) There was no 1.30 or 1.35 today or Saturday so maybe she will ride him on Sunday. I hope he isn't injured.

Charlotte looks exactly like her mom, at that age, in pic 1 of post 293.

Yeah, rider and horse were decked out to the nines in Gucci. :D Gucci has been making huge new investments in the equestrian sport. I know they were always very equestrian, but they've triple-timed it, and now investing in Charlotte was a great idea. It's the perfect role for Charlotte. She's an average low-level rider and if she's going to flaunt herself at these top-notch international events, it's perfect for her to be a kind of role model. I'm sure the only people who don't like her new modeling gig are those at Hermes!:lol: No more H belt buckle for Charlotte, right? :ROFLMAO: It's kind of too bad because I really loved that belt buckle.

She looks good in those pics. :flowers:Very fresh-faced. Question---does anybody know if Athina was there?

She looks good in those pics. :flowers:Very fresh-faced. Question---does anybody know if Athina was there?

I know this is OT but I just want to answer your question. La Vanguardia has said that Athina is there, but is not participating in the competitions. She is there as Patroness and as Doda's #1 fan. :D
Los jinetes más codiciados

There was an article in the May 6th edition of The Wall Street Journal about Charlotte and Gucci. It said that Charotte's clothing was designed exclusively for her and would not be sold to the public. Francois Pinault owns 1/2 of Stella McCartney, Gucci and a bunch of other fashion houses.

First the NY Times for EverOpen and now the WSJ. Charlotte is beginning to be recognised by the American press. If she thought she had paparazzi problems before , wait til our paps get over there.

I'm not a rider, but I must say that both she and Troy look more relaxed in these pics than ever. He seems more comfortable with her. Maybe she finally 'got it' and decided to work on easing up on that death grip!:ROFLMAO: Her result from today is indicative of better riding, at any rate.
The jumping riders on the forum will be able to speak more intelligently on this point.

I :heart: Pic 5. :D

Here is a cool picture: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Getty caption calls Troy "AD Troy" as if he's an Athina/Doda horse. :rolleyes:

See the Westin hotel (website). It's where Charlotte & Athina and all the GCT people are staying during the weekend in Valencia. :) http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1722

Back
Top Bottom