Charlotte and Alex Della in airport summer 07
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2953/prwzbh9.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9577/prwzzo8.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6018/prwztc9.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1338/prwziu8.jpg

source: bulls press

Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

I love it: she's eating a McDonalds in one of those pictures.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Nobility

Looking at old Charlotte pics (thanks to the charlottemaripomeline weblog suggested by cdm) and recent ones, I can't help but notice that Charlotte was much more fashionable and elegant before -- I can see why the paparazzi were after her every move. A stroll in the city was a fashion event. Nowadays though, she looks average. Nothing really wrong with that, except that she did raise the bar in previous years (and having Grace Kelly and Princess Caroline in your lineage also increases expectations unfortunately).
Old 06-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Aristocracy

royrrules I totally agree with you on this. i think she doesnt look as good as her mother at her age and even now, I would pick 51-year-old Caroline over Charlotte ,everytime anytime.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Charlotte may have been the greater beauty as an adolescent. But there was always a bounce, a vitality and an energy that is lacking in Charlotte, or the photos we see of her. I think that's what made Caroline unique, and I have yet to see another princess equal her in that area. Other princesses or queens have great beauty, or style, but none has this fieriness that was so attractive in Caroline. They say some faces are made for the camera, or for the movies, the way they capture the light, but I think that even an imperfect beauty like Caroline (for those who consider her imperfect) can still grab the limelight because of that energy that radiates from them. Think Ava Gardner for example. I don't want to get sidetracked here, because this could become an endless debate, but Grace Kelly in Mogambo had the perfect classical features and beauty, and Ava Gardner had the spirit. Princess Caroline was dubbed "the barefooted princess" after Ava Gardner's role in "The barefooted Contessa". No doubt, Charlotte has or had more classical beauty, like her grandmother.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that Charlotte had a more glorious puberty and adolescence than her mother Caroline, who seemed to really only blossom in her very late teens. Caroline was always attractive but went thru a phase(ages 12-14yrs?) of occasional crooked teeth, bad skin and pudginess that seems to have escaped Charlotte.

BUT...time will tell if Charlotte will be the type of world class breathtaking beauty that Caroline was in her twenties and especially her early thirties. I agree with people that post that Charlotte is a great beauty who lakes a certain spark that sets all world class beauties in a league of their own.

I hope she is not one of those unfortunate people who "peak" in their teens!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

Iloveroyals you made the point. That's exactly what I wanted to say. Charlotte lacks of energy and vibrancy, IMO.
She's quite a subtle,faded copy of that fierce of nature that Caroline is.
When I look at some Caro pictures, posed pics or simple shots of her everyday life, I cant help but notice how much strenght, power and vibrancy this woman has. Caroline oozes with life and energy, you can see that, even if it's a simple picture.Her smile is...endless.If you know what I mean.
Charlotte..I dont know, she seems so..blah. I cant sense that " life" when I look at her, if you know what I mean.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor Charlotte is very young, and hasn't been really truly tested by life yet...maybe the vibrancy and zest everyone speaks of that she lacks will come later with age and experience.

I hope so, anyway.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Iloveroyals you made the point. That's exactly what I wanted to say. Charlotte lacks of energy and vibrancy, IMO.
She's quite a subtle,faded copy of that fierce of nature that Caroline is.
When I look at some Caro pictures, posed pics or simple shots of her everyday life, I cant help but notice how much strenght, power and vibrancy this woman has. Caroline oozes with life and energy, you can see that, even if it's a simple picture.Her smile is...endless.If you know what I mean.
Charlotte..I dont know, she seems so..blah. I cant sense that " life" when I look at her, if you know what I mean.
Yes, that is so striking in still shots, taken anywhere, on any occasion. What I find extraordinary is how you can sense motion in her in every still shot. It makes Charlotte look limp in comparison. I don't know if it is just personality, or the variety of sports and exercise Caroline did, from ballet to waterskiing with everything in between, but she does exude power. That's why I call her the alpha-girl, and it's also why I think she is the best representative of at least one kind of Kellys, for better or worse. (We know some of the Kellys were unbendable.) Yet, she managed to always keep her femininity, and it made that blend irresistible. I think she was the first modern princess, coming at a time when she could display it in wholesome ways without acting out (except for the inevitable bouts of adolescent defiant gestures).
Charlotte seems to have a very different personality and the general world environment is also different. She may have the inner strength, probably does, it just doesn't show in pictures because she may be more introverted. After all, Grace Kelly had great strength too, it just didn't come across in pictures in that obvious way.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dinner hosted by Elizabeth Saltzman for Donatella Versace. Claridge's Hotel London. 11 March 2008.
Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5
source:dfjones
Old 08-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Dinner hosted by Elizabeth Saltzman for Donatella Versace. Claridge's Hotel London. 11 March 2008.
Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5
source:dfjones
Very nice find!
I think that's Jemima Khan, in photo #4, no?
Charlotte is the rightful inheritour of her Mother's extreme beauty, isn't she?
Does she have a title?
Do you think Albert II will give her one?

Thanks,

-- Abbie
Old 08-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Abigail View Post
Very nice find!
I think that's Jemima Khan, in photo #4, no?
Charlotte is the rightful inheritour of her Mother's extreme beauty, isn't she?
Does she have a title?
Do you think Albert II will give her one?

Thanks,

-- Abbie
No, Charlotte (nor her brothers) does not have a title, and the chances of Albert giving her one are very unlikely.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I love it: she's eating a McDonalds in one of those pictures.
You mean, "I'm Lovin' It!" And, I wish I could eat Mc Donald's and still be a size #2!! If I just LOOK at Mc Donald's, I've put on 10 lbs!! . They seem relaxed in these pictures, which is nice to see - even if I just can't find many redeeming qualities with Alex.....
Old 08-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Rose View Post
I love this one shows off her blue eyes and button nose! what a GREAT BEAUTY she is!
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3549/b9fz.jpg
she reminds me of mandy moore in this one....
Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 AM
Aristocracy

are there any portraits of Charlotte????
Old 10-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

Monaco

If you look at the pics of Charlotte and Pr. Grace ... this is the first time I ever really noticed, Pr. Charlotte has the exact same face as Grace except for her mouth's fullness. Shocking, really !?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
Monaco

If you look at the pics of Charlotte and Pr. Grace ... this is the first time I ever really noticed, Pr. Charlotte has the exact same face as Grace except for her mouth's fullness. Shocking, really !?
I don't see this resemblance, sorry. I think Charlotte is the spitting image of her Mother.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Serene Highness

Charlotte is stunning but she doesn't look like Grace at all. She is a carbon copy of her mom, Caroline.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Nobility

Actually I see a lot of Grace in Charlotte.Charlotte has a lot thicker feature than her mother and Grace, but they are still there.A perfectly shaped face, aquiline nose, full lips, arched eyebrows.Those are from Grace!

viva l'amour!
Old 12-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte at Frize Nobu (I've no idea when it was)
Frieze at Nobu | Life | The First Post