The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
ha ha... That was during her driving lessons... there haven't been any pictures of her actually driving a car, huh? Last year at a show it showed her and friends (Val, Eugenie, etc.) all going to the car but not actually riding in it... I wonder if she passed... surely if Andrea did she did!!
hmm......I remember those pics, kittencrews. but I don't recall eugenie being among that group. that car seemed to be charlotte's, as she was holding out the keys toward it like she was locking it with the electronic device. if I recall correctly, it was a VW like the one with the 0007 license plate that Andrea has or had in 2002. what is it with royals and their first cars being VW's? Prince William's first car was a VW Golf, wasn't it? And I think Harry was given the same car when he first started driving. I wonder if Char and Andy drive 5-speeds or automatics.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Andrea was given a VW Golf as well...

Old 03-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Courtier

Charlotte is a really beautiful girl and I really think that one day she will be so beautiful and graceful just like her mother and grandmother despite they all have different kinds of beauty
Old 03-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Here are the driving ones.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Gentry

"Yall betta runnnn..."

:p
Old 03-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

i imagine they all drive 5-speed because automatics are so rare... my mistake i thought eugenie was with them... that does seem to be her car... what is it? a Rav4?
Old 03-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Courtier

yes it is a Rav4. the four-door one it seems. i love that car...

are asian cars expensive in europe? because im from asia and it's a bit nice seeing her own something that is very common here..

Old 03-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Nobility

i Love Charlotte's hoop earrings. i just Love them, I have them in different colors, and the jacket i liked as well, but then again i like anything silver :p
Old 03-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
hmm......I remember those pics, kittencrews. but I don't recall eugenie being among that group. that car seemed to be charlotte's, as she was holding out the keys toward it like she was locking it with the electronic device. if I recall correctly, it was a VW like the one with the 0007 license plate that Andrea has or had in 2002. what is it with royals and their first cars being VW's? Prince William's first car was a VW Golf, wasn't it? And I think Harry was given the same car when he first started driving. I wonder if Char and Andy drive 5-speeds or automatics.

I'm quite sure they drive 5-speeds. Automatic cars are very rare in france and europe in general. And I'm not sure you can even buy an automatic VW golf around here.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
i imagine they all drive 5-speed because automatics are so rare... my mistake i thought eugenie was with them... that does seem to be her car... what is it? a Rav4?
You are right. I see Eugenie now in those pics Carl posted. Val is there, and Marie-Christine Maillot too, and someone else whose name I don't know.
I'm not sure they were getting in the Rav4, though. It seems to me they may have walked past it only, and actually got into a white car of a completely different type? Correct me if I'm mistaken, of course.
Anyway, here are some of the pics I've cropped from Tbhrc's ebay finds.... these are some of the small ones that didn't crop into the greatest pics. If anyone can improve them, that would be awesome

Old 03-13-2006, 03:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú
I'm quite sure they drive 5-speeds. Automatic cars are very rare in france and europe in general. And I'm not sure you can even buy an automatic VW golf around here.
just out of curiosity...why is it that automatic cars are rare in france and europe?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:10 PM

Some of my favourite pics of Charlotte !:)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	232223   Click image for larger version

Name:	00.jpg
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	232225   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	232226   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	232227  

Click image for larger version

Name:	50.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	232229   Click image for larger version

Name:	68.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	232230  
Old 03-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Courtier

And think about her future children.... (if she will be like her mother and aunt we will have a lot of babys to admire....
Old 03-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraDaniel
just out of curiosity...why is it that automatic cars are rare in france and europe?
Automatic cars cost more plus they take up more gas. And gas in europe is more expensive than it is in the US for example. That is what I heard, there are probably more reasons why they are rare in europe
Old 03-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwroble
Automatic cars cost more plus they take up more gas. And gas in europe is more expensive than it is in the US for example. That is what I heard, there are probably more reasons why they are rare in europe
I'm not sure that is the real reason. I mean, I am not an expert and although it is true that petrol is more expensive here than in the US, I believe that the main reason is only a question of different tastes.
I have never driven an automatic and I don't think I will never buy one. 5-gears cars give you the impression that you are really in control of the car and the driving seems more real. I know this may seem stupid since automatics are more confortable to drive, but I LOVE having to change gears, it gives me kind of power and control.
I know it sounds a bit ridicoulous but as stupid as it sounds I really believe that this silly psicological reason are the main reason why we don't buy many automatic cars.
They are some differences between countries, though, and in the U.K. you can see more automatic cars than in continental europe, but I still could not explain why
Old 03-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Nobility

i found this pic i'v never seen befor. it was taken in 2002. has anyone have more pics of this day

i think it's possible the girl next to char is tati

source : cover
Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisgarrel
i found this pic i'v never seen befor. it was taken in 2002. has anyone have more pics of this day

haha you know it does look like her, so it may be.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisgarrel

Yes the girl IS Tatiana. I have about 5 pictures from that day on my website but I don't know where exactly you will have to look. Try 2002, Misc 2002 or the Misc section. There are on there somewhere.
Carl
Old 03-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
Yes the girl IS Tatiana. I have about 5 pictures from that day on my website but I don't know where exactly you will have to look. Try 2002, Misc 2002 or the Misc section. There are on there somewhere.
Carl
hey carlos, i can't seem to find them. in the misc 2002 and i don't see the 2002 album either. help?
Old 03-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
hey carlos, i can't seem to find them. in the misc 2002 and i don't see the 2002 album either. help?
Whoops, my bad!
I have not uploaded this album yet. I have checked and the photos were from another day that I was thinking about. She was dressed similar.
Sorry for disappointing everyone :(