Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 41: January 2017 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember 20 or 30 years ago that Princesses , Daughter of Princesses were "Mannequin " or Egerie" for Haute Couture (sorry I don't know the right word in English. )
Being "Mannequin " is a difficult professional Job. Now we see Olympia of Greece , a Spencer , a Sayn W etc..
When I was young the Royals were dressed Haute Couture, attend some Defilés, or they went personaly at the Haute Couture House to Order the dresses they wanted.

Charlotte is too old for what she is doing now.

You are right, @Maria-olivia, but times change.
I think the first one blue blooded to start this model story was Princess Stéphanie. But Prince Rainier put a veto and she stopped. It was quite unacceptable this time.
Charlotte is not modelling in the catwalk, she is just an image of a brand. But Maria Olympia is catwalk. It is obvious that she would never be chosen if she was Miss X.
For a royal or aristocrat before it was almost a shame to modelling. Now it is quite an honour

Last edited:
Right answer and right English Fandesacs !.
Time changes ,The Haute Couture has now economical problems and this sort of young Ladies have money and an interesting "carnet d'adresses".. But this is sad !

Outfilts too long , hairdo and make up should be better.

Right answer and right English Fandesacs !.
Time changes ,The Haute Couture has now economical problems and this sort of young Ladies have money and an interesting "carnet d'adresses".. But this is sad !

I also think this is sad, and it also goes for Pauline, Maria Olympia, Amelia and the others, but at least they have the excuse to be in their early 20's.

Princesses and affiliates usually were there to represent their countries, to have a diplomatic role, to promote the history of the house they belonged, welcoming politicians and heads of state, attending cultural events, balls, and being useful to charities ...

Now, nothing can differ them from the other socialites and famous models, not even their titles.

It makes it lose all its magic, if you see what I mean.

I hope Princess Alexandra and Princess Gabriella will follow a different path.

Last edited:
In all fairness to Charlotte and Pauline, they're not really princesses though. It's us who want them to be but I doubt they would like to be full-fledged princesses. They are in a good spot--all the privilege without the official responsibilities. Plus some people would argue that what they do--behaving like socialites and being visible in glamorous parties--is actually what they're supposed to do as members of this particular Princely family. They need to continue the image of being glamorous for Monaco.

We'll see what Gabriella will be like as the real successor to the glamorous Grimaldi princess role.

I do not want to think that she is making this kind of jobs cos she has failed in all her other options like journalism and horses but sometimes I have my doubts. She does not seem happy at all in my eyes in all of these events. I have read in magazines how they talk about the sadness in her eyes. As I said I know she has a child but at the same time it is supposed she is not in need of money. There is something I find weird here.

Maybe she is still healing love scars so she is trying to smile when she is sad inside.
No idea but I agree with the people that think it is not the life you would expect for somebody in her social status. Sitting in the front row is poor for her.

I think her role in the Monaco philosophical encounters is enough if she does not need the money is you know what I mean. Of course it is only an opinion. It is what I would do.

I do not want to think that she is making this kind of jobs cos she has failed in all her other options like journalism and horses but sometimes I have my doubts. She does not seem happy at all in my eyes in all of these events. I have read in magazines how they talk about the sadness in her eyes. As I said I know she has a child but at the same time it is supposed she is not in need of money. There is something I find weird here.

Maybe she is still healing love scars so she is trying to smile when she is sad inside.
No idea but I agree with the people that think it is not the life you would expect for somebody in her social status. Sitting in the front row is poor for her.

I think her role in the Monaco philosophical encounters is enough if she does not need the money is you know what I mean. Of course it is only an opinion. It is what I would do.

I used to think that she didn't need the money but maybe this is not entirely true. I don't think she has fortune in her own right for now. She may have inherited from her father, but I believe Stefano was bankrupted at the time of his death (apparently, Caroline had to sell her mother's jewels to pay his debts when he died) and she may not want to (always) ask her mother to pay for her life, which was ok when she was a teen or when she was still studying. But now I can understand that asking money to her mother may be more difficult than it used to (she is an adult in her 30s and a mother).

I think that's why she is doing this job. Working for Gucci, and Montblanc enable her to pay for everything she and her son need, without having to ask her mother or uncle anything (even if I'm sure Caroline would be happy to oblige). I read that now she is living in Paris with her son and a female friend (why? to share the rent?)
She may not have to work to support her basic needs (little flat in Paris, foods, and a bit of money for movies, theatre ...) but I think she needs to work to maintain this sort of poshy lifestyle (big flat in Paris, staff when it comes to the cleaning, cooking, a nanny for her son, traveling etc ..)

Pierre doesn't have the same problem because he is working, he seems to love what he is doing,he also modelled a bit and his wife is rich and is working.
Andrea obviously married very very well, Tatiana is incredibly rich on her own right, having inherited from her father. He doesn't need to work at all (and he chooses not to work :-D ).

Last edited:

Charlotte was also spotted in front of a hotel in Paris yesterday, March 6, outfit number 3 ;)

** gettyimages gallery **

Much better. That new Falabella is beautiful.

I think she absolutely doesn't need the money and probably has a trust she has full access to but of course it's great to make your own money while enjoying yourself at the same time. I'm curious how self fulfillment happens for the idle rich though.

This woman puzzles me. She would look good in a burlap sack, but at times her fashion choices are outright strange. :ermm:

Amermaid, what do you mean by the other jobs? Like modelling and her 'duties' in Monaco as relative of Albert?

I agree that she does not seem happy, she seems lost actually. Like she is missing something. She seems so "non-present" to the official events, even though she is standing there. Formerly, when younger, she looked to be so self-presented and secure about herself, now she is just a normal woman to me. Of course still beautiful, but with lifeless in her eyes and some awkwardness in her moves.

She also seems to be a bit 'isolated' from the big family gatherings, she does not seem close to the Casiraghis. She only feels safe, when her mother is close to her.
For a woman at her 30s, with her status, her money, her image -because she sells of course- not only because she is the daughter of Caroline and the granddaughter of Grace (because Pauline is also the granddaughter of Grace, but to me, she is not sooo popular as Charlotte. Charlotte became popular from a young age, the limelight follows her for years.) you would expect her to be stronger. She has all the positive things in life.
What is common between us and her? We also have love problems.
What is the difference between us and her? She is rich, comes from a huge family she can rely on and she can be whoever she wants/do whatever she wants.

Does she continue with horse-riding btw.?

Her Mother was pregnant for her second and third Wedding.

With Gad el Maleh , there was a Religion Problem and he did not want a wedding.

I think she dated Lamberto to have the same Italian Noble Wedding as Pierre but it failed. Was she pregnant again last Summer we will never know, it is private. What happened this Summer on Pacha ??

Her Mother was pregnant for her second and third Wedding.

With Gad el Maleh , there was a Religion Problem and he did not want a wedding.

I think she dated Lamberto to have the same Italian Noble Wedding as Pierre but it failed. Was she pregnant again last Summer we will never know, it is private. What happened this Summer on Pacha ??

I also suspect that something terrible happened this summer but I will stop here because not everything is worth speculation, and it is her private affair ...

Last edited:
Amermaid, what do you mean by the other jobs? Like modelling and her 'duties' in Monaco as relative of Albert?

I agree that she does not seem happy, she seems lost actually. Like she is missing something. She seems so "non-present" to the official events, even though she is standing there. Formerly, when younger, she looked to be so self-presented and secure about herself, now she is just a normal woman to me. Of course still beautiful, but with lifeless in her eyes and some awkwardness in her moves.

She also seems to be a bit 'isolated' from the big family gatherings, she does not seem close to the Casiraghis. She only feels safe, when her mother is close to her.
For a woman at her 30s, with her status, her money, her image -because she sells of course- not only because she is the daughter of Caroline and the granddaughter of Grace (because Pauline is also the granddaughter of Grace, but to me, she is not sooo popular as Charlotte. Charlotte became popular from a young age, the limelight follows her for years.) you would expect her to be stronger. She has all the positive things in life.
What is common between us and her? We also have love problems.
What is the difference between us and her? She is rich, comes from a huge family she can rely on and she can be whoever she wants/do whatever she wants.

Does she continue with horse-riding btw.?

The main difference I can see is that she grew up without his father.

It isn't true that Stefano was bankrupt or that Caroline sold her jewellery.

I think this behaviour is unacceptable. Charlotte is out, on representation, I would say on professional duty, she is not out in a private moment. Consequently, she is obliged to have a professional stature, to face people and press and to smile.... Despite et do love or don't love what she wears, she is hired by a big company to be their image and to well present their products. And this cannot be properly done, by running to enter the event and having this annoyed expression. She is not there by her own, she is there because she is image for Gucci and she should have the appropriate behaviour.

It isn't true that Stefano was bankrupt or that Caroline sold her jewellery.

Who said this shameful thing? Stefano managed all the Companies in Monaco included the ones on behalf of Rainier III.

Who said this shameful thing? Stefano managed all the Companies in Monaco included the ones on behalf of Rainier III.
It is a rumor existing since his death, which is for me unbelievable. The whole lifestyle of Princess Caroline and her children after Stefano's death is not what a would call a broken family.

I think this behaviour is unacceptable. Charlotte is out, on representation, I would say on professional duty, she is not out in a private moment. Consequently, she is obliged to have a professional stature, to face people and press and to smile.... Despite et do love or don't love what she wears, she is hired by a big company to be their image and to well present their products. And this cannot be properly done, by running to enter the event and having this annoyed expression. She is not there by her own, she is there because she is image for Gucci and she should have the appropriate behaviour.

I am seriously fed up with this too cool for school attitude that younger socialites and royals have these days. She has no business looking scruffy and has no business scowling and making faces at the cameras. Gucci should drop her and basically tell her that they're no longer going to pay her or give her free clothing since it's obvious she has no interest in maintaining any kind of courteous ingratiating relationship with the press and public.

Taking things too seriously once again.

She has always had a mild case of resting b.tch face.

I am seriously fed up with this too cool for school attitude that younger socialites and royals have these days. She has no business looking scruffy and has no business scowling and making faces at the cameras. Gucci should drop her and basically tell her that they're no longer going to pay her or give her free clothing since it's obvious she has no interest in maintaining any kind of courteous ingratiating relationship with the press and public.

While I don't like that she scowls, I also don't like setting women up to a certain standard and forcing them to smile when they see the point in smiling. Besides, I doubt she is there to appeal to you and me and the press. She is likely there as a draw for the mega rich elites like herself. I think those brands know what they're doing and like I said, the inaccessibility is part of her brand. For mass appeal, they have more famous celebrities.

(Bit off topic but years and years ago I watched Andrea Casiraghi at an event where he spoke for Amade and he had that same look on his face and the same rush to get away from the crowd)

She said herself in an interview a few years ago that she needed the Gucci money to keep riding her horses. She said that she wanted to support her riding herself without asking her family for money, and she couldn't doit without the Gucci money.

At that time, thought, she was still riding quite seriously and she owned several horses. I don't know how much she rides right now and how much money is she in need of, but what it's obvious from what she said is that she may be rich but she is not such a wealthy person and she probably still need those jobs to maintain her life style.

That's why her attitude before de Gucci show seems even more stupid. You're a Gucci employee doing your job, girl. Try to smile a little bit at least.

The main difference I can see is that she grew up without his father.

Like thousands of people on this planet. Of course every case is different and demands a different analysis and perspective, but for her good, she is not the only person who lost his father. And a close example from the royalty world: Prince William and Prince Harry.

While I don't like that she scowls, I also don't like setting women up to a certain standard and forcing them to smile when they see the point in smiling. Besides, I doubt she is there to appeal to you and me and the press. She is likely there as a draw for the mega rich elites like herself. I think those brands know what they're doing and like I said, the inaccessibility is part of her brand. For mass appeal, they have more famous celebrities.

(Bit off topic but years and years ago I watched Andrea Casiraghi at an event where he spoke for Amade and he had that same look on his face and the same rush to get away from the crowd)

Behaving well isn't an unrealistic standard; it's not like she's being ordered to solve problems involving the world economy and it's not like she has a stress filled life. She is paid to be cheery and positive and upbeat for the sake of the brand and being crass isn't being mysterious or inaccessible.

Andrea strikes me as a little snot as well and frankly this rushing away from the crowd, no excuse. He's there to schmooze and represent the company. No excuse; she has no business showing snobbery or looking indifferent or being unkempt. She's an employee, nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom