Casiraghi Trio Apartments

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miau

Aristocracy
How large do you think the apartment is?
What kind of furniture do you think she has there? Modern, retro, antique, minimalistic, eastern-influenced?
Does she wash the dishes or does she have a dishwasher? Does she wash her own clothes? Does she iron?
What colors are there? Black-and-white, nature colors, bright shades?
Does she prefer wood, metal or plastic? Or does she decorate with different fabrics?
Does she like potted plants?
Are there many pictures on her walls?
Does she have a stereo, a tv set, a computer there?

Tell us how do you imagine her home looks like!

Last edited:
miau said:
How large do you think the apartment is?
What kind of furniture do you think she has there? Modern, retro, antique, minimalistic, eastern-influenced?
Does she wash the dishes or does she have a dishwasher? Does she wash her own clothes? Does she iron?
What colors are there? Black-and-white, nature colors, bright shades?
Does she prefer wood, metal or plastic? Or does she decorate with different fabrics?
Does she like potted plants?
Are there many pictures on her walls?
Does she have a stereo, a tv set, a computer there?

Tell us how do you imagine her home looks like!

Such a great topic! I love it, love it, love it!
:D Ok, Charlotte's apt in my imagination is totally minimalistic (think of the house on Lamu) but it has a few antiques. The art on the walls is very impressionistic. I don't know why, but I can see Charlotte liking Monet a lot. She has an ultra-modern kitchen, complete with every state-of-the-art appliance and machine that a wealthy city girl's kitchen would have. I think she irons her own clothes on occasion, when necessary, but once a week a maid comes in to do the serious cleaning and washing up. She tidies up and keeps things nice, but doesn't need to do any rigorous cleaning, as she has to have that time for studying and family obligations. I think her apt is mostly wood, with nature colors, and potted plants. It has big veranda windows and high ceilings and it's very, very lofty. You can hardly hear the noise outside in her sound proof walls.
I don't think she has pictures on the walls, but she does have framed prints of horses in her bedroom at least. Her computer is a Mac Powerbook G4 notebook with OS X. She has a great stereo system and DVD player and big plasma TV but she doesn't use them much.

hehe, this is fun! :)

really funny and nice topic, but I have no idea

PU-LEASE ;) - you know darned well that there is NO WAY any of them actually clean their own homes or many apartments! I'm sure there is "field detail" for dwellings other than the main homes/palace, so when they are at the apartments in Paris, summer home in Monaco, and other areas, some team is cleaning up after them. I agree that the apartments are (hopefully) set up to appeal to the Trio when they choose to stay in one of them (whether it's an overnight or when school is in session); I would imagine that the main dwelling for Caro, Ernst and Alex is like any other functioning home....again, equipped with cooks, gardners, maid staff, etc.:rolleyes: Fun topic, though!

Ikea???

sebastian said:
I just say one word : IKEA ;-)

My dear, IKEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my opinion, she does even not know what it is.............

I think that she just walked around Saint Germain de Près, an area full of nice expensive decoration shops, and she ordered her full lot of furnitures, antics or moderns.
In the same way her coat comes from Gucci and not from Zara, her furnitures would not come from Ikea.... It's normal, it is her way of life, she has been grown up in this world......, wearing babydior and not baby H&M....

She should never clean or iron by herself, she is used to have an army of people running behind her to clean everything, why she should change now`???? I would not do it if i was her.....

And do not forget that she is studying, she has no time to clean, as far as she can pay the staff to do it for her....

fandesacs2003 said:
My dear, IKEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my opinion, she does even not know what it is.............

I think that she just walked around Saint Germain de Près, an area full of nice expensive decoration shops, and she ordered her full lot of furnitures, antics or moderns.
In the same way her coat comes from Gucci and not from Zara, her furnitures would not come from Ikea.... It's normal, it is her way of life, she has been grown up in this world......, wearing babydior and not baby H&M....

She should never clean or iron by herself, she is used to have an army of people running behind her to clean everything, why she should change now`???? I would not do it if i was her.....

And do not forget that she is studying, she has no time to clean, as far as she can pay the staff to do it for her....

What makes you believe she doesn't know what IKEA is. She's not from Mars. Some of your imagination concerning Charlotte's ( and the other kids) habits of spending money are maybe a little too far fetched. There's no endless source ;)

Ikea bis

sebastian said:
What makes you believe she doesn't know what IKEA is. She's not from Mars. Some of your imagination concerning Charlotte's ( and the other kids) habits of spending money are maybe a little too far fetched. There's no endless source ;)

I mean she has never been to IKEA.... Why she sould go??? IKEA has nice thinkgs for average budgets, people like me go, I carry into my own car, and once at home, I "do it" myself, because it is cheaper... that is norma for people like us...
But for this category of people the normal standard it to go to high designers and to order, and some days after the item is ready in your living room....
I mean, when Carl Lagerfeld himself designs your dress when you are 8 years old, you will not go to the cheep shops when you are 19!!!
Its not a shame to use the money that you have, she has money and she uses it, why not?

fandesacs2003 said:
I mean she has never been to IKEA.... Why she sould go??? IKEA has nice thinkgs for average budgets, people like me go, I carry into my own car, and once at home, I "do it" myself, because it is cheaper... that is norma for people like us...
But for this category of people the normal standard it to go to high designers and to order, and some days after the item is ready in your living room....
I mean, when Carl Lagerfeld himself designs your dress when you are 8 years old, you will not go to the cheep shops when you are 19!!!
Its not a shame to use the money that you have, she has money and she uses it, why not?

That's exactly what I meant. There is no such 'that category of people'. They do it the same way you do it. She goes there - she goes to 'Habitat' as well and all that stuff. And even if Lagerfeld desingned her dresses when she was little she also goes and buys H&M and GAP clothes when she feels like doing it :)

sebastian said:
That's exactly what I meant. There is no such 'that category of people'. They do it the same way you do it. She goes there - she goes to 'Habitat' as well and all that stuff. And even if Lagerfeld desingned her dresses when she was little she also goes and buys H&M and GAP clothes when she feels like doing it :)

May be.....
But I think she goes to H&M..... as much times WE can go to Chanel.....

At least, who knows???
But I remember some photos, she should be around 16-17, alone with friends in New York, they were using a big Limousine, its more comfortable than the Subway, No???

Anyway, it's nice these forums, we can exchange our ideas.

Ciao:)

Regarding "IKEA" and other "average" shopping ventures - come on kids! You KNOW when Prince Albert stepped into the palace, he probably re-decorated, rearranged furniture, etc - the "cast offs" most likely went to the summer home in Monaco, Caroline's homes, the apartments - there is no way they would ever need to furnish a place or actually do the shopping themselves. They probably have stylists for clothing (I mean, Karl Laggerfeld/Chanel is at their beck and call !!) and home furnishings. It's more than the fact that she/the Trio doesn't have time to shop....they don't NEED to; it's done for them. :)

Horseygal said:
Regarding "IKEA" and other "average" shopping ventures - come on kids! You KNOW when Prince Albert stepped into the palace, he probably re-decorated, rearranged furniture, etc - the "cast offs" most likely went to the summer home in Monaco, Caroline's homes, the apartments - there is no way they would ever need to furnish a place or actually do the shopping themselves. They probably have stylists for clothing (I mean, Karl Laggerfeld/Chanel is at their beck and call !!) and home furnishings. It's more than the fact that she/the Trio doesn't have time to shop....they don't NEED to; it's done for them. :)

I think I'll have to disappoint you here as well. Charlotte, I don't know which appartment she lives in...if she shares it with someone or not. But the family members are not always using the family's (old) appartments...If they are using the family appartments these are already furnished...but if Charlotte rent her own little two-room appartment like Stephanie did at her age then she might have to furnish it herself and it is likely she does this with todays fashionable furnituring stuff from HABITAT or IKEA .... why not? Whats so special about it?

I think I'll have to disappoint you here as well. Charlotte, I don't know which appartment she lives in...if she shares it with someone or not. But the family members are not always using the family's (old) appartments...If they are using the family appartments these are already furnished...but if Charlotte rent her own little two-room appartment like Stephanie did at her age then she might have to furnish it herself and it is likely she does this with todays fashionable furnituring stuff from HABITAT or IKEA .... why not? Whats so special about it?

REPLY: That would be great, if true (judging by Andrea's Montreal apartment/neighborhood - yikes!:eek: ), although I'll bet Charlotte is not living the bohemian lifestyle Andrea did in Canada. Hopefully, however, they can appreciate what it's like to be a struggling college student, living on your own w/your friends or boyfriend - cooking and shopping for yourself; hopefully they can allow themselves this for now, because when they are through with school, they will inherit a home (she was gifted an Island in Greece, don't forget - can any of us say that?!) and have full-time staff and won't have to worry about maintenance anymore. If she chooses to marry Felix, he comes from a rich family, too, so they'll be able to afford all the help they need. So, in their young, independent/college life, maybe they are able to live like us "commoners." :D

I think her apartment wouldn't be posh, in the sense that it makes the apartment look like an old woman lives in it. I think it would look very fun and youthful. her wardrobe will be full of Lagerfeld/Chanel!

sebastian said:

Sebastian and Michelle, I like you guys a lot. You're very nice. But it's not necessary to convince us how "normal" this family is. You don't have to talk to us like this, saying "Oh she goes to GAP, H&M, just like you!" Most of us, I think, are a bit more intelligent than you seem to think! Please, you guys don't have to exaggerate the family's "normalness" to get us to like them. We already like them, we accept them for what they are, which is a very wealthy family that certainly does shop in the best shops and drive the best cars. Sometimes you're over-eagerness to convince us how "normal" they are is a bit insulting. No offense, but seriously. This is not necessary!

CasiraghiTrio said:
Sebastian and Michelle, I like you guys a lot. You're very nice. But it's not necessary to convince us how "normal" this family is. You don't have to talk to us like this, saying "Oh she goes to GAP, H&M, just like you!" Most of us, I think, are a bit more intelligent than you seem to think! Please, you guys don't have to exaggerate the family's "normalness" to get us to like them. We already like them, we accept them for what they are, which is a very wealthy family that certainly does shop in the best shops and drive the best cars. Sometimes you're over-eagerness to convince us how "normal" they are is a bit insulting. No offense, but seriously. This is not necessary!

We're not trying to convince anybody. We don't need to. What we say is just the truth. They are rich like hell , that's true but that doesn't make them unnormal people. They shop at IKEA and Gap just like they shop at Armani and Chanel. It just depends on what they are searching for. So you take it or you leave it. No offense but seriously...you can imagine whatever you like...Their life is glamourous in many situations but at the bottom of it all they're just people...You should see them sitting at MacDonald's eating cheeseburgers maybe then you'd know what we mean...Havin' a lot of mony doesn't mean that one should be acting like an alien.
You might think Charlotte or Pierre don't even know what a packet of milk costs...if so you're wrong...they go to the supermarket themselves, they take the buses and the metro in Paris, they buy their stuff at FNAC and GAP in Paris...even if you like to imagine a butler running around town to get them what they want....:)

Last edited:
michelle said:
We're not trying to convince anybody. We don't need to. What we say is just the truth. They are rich like hell , that's true but that doesn't make them unnormal people. They shop at IKEA and Gap just like they shop at Armani and Chanel. It just depends on what they are searching for. So you take it or you leave it. No offense but seriously...you can imagine whatever you like...Their life is glamourous in many situations but at the bottom of it all they're just people...You should see them sitting at MacDonald's eating cheeseburgers maybe then you'd know what we mean...Havin' a lot of mony doesn't mean that one should be acting like an alien.
You might think Charlotte or Pierre don't even know what a packet of milk costs...if so you're wrong...they go to the supermarket themselves, they take the buses and the metro in Paris, they buy their stuff at FNAC and GAP in Paris...even if you like to imagine a butler running around town to get them what they want....:)

True, there were pics of Char at Fnac in 2002. We don't have Fnac in the US so I don't know how "normal" that is, but it seems like our Target, as they have CDs and Books and games and magazines and clothing and all sorts of merchandise, right? If it's like Target, then it's very normal because Target is the ultimate middle class "everything" store for Americans.
And we also saw pics a year or so back of Char riding the bus, so I'm sorry if I came across rude in my last post here. Like I said, I respect everyone here and don't want to cause offense, but I did feel that maybe you were over-stressing the "normalcy" point just a bit!
;) Of course, they're normal. They walk normal, look normal, whatever "normal" really means, but I mean.... they are rich too! And "normal" people don't get to do so many things they do and take for granted, like annual ski trips and parties on a yacht and chauffeured visits around New York City in a private car. I mean, most "normal" people ride the subway in New York, and Char was totally driven around in this black Lincoln towncar or something like that. :)

CasiraghiTrio said:
True, there were pics of Char at Fnac in 2002. We don't have Fnac in the US so I don't know how "normal" that is, but it seems like our Target, as they have CDs and Books and games and magazines and clothing and all sorts of merchandise, right? If it's like Target, then it's very normal because Target is the ultimate middle class "everything" store for Americans.
And we also saw pics a year or so back of Char riding the bus, so I'm sorry if I came across rude in my last post here. Like I said, I respect everyone here and don't want to cause offense, but I did feel that maybe you were over-stressing the "normalcy" point just a bit!
;) Of course, they're normal. They walk normal, look normal, whatever "normal" really means, but I mean.... they are rich too! And "normal" people don't get to do so many things they do and take for granted, like annual ski trips and parties on a yacht and chauffeured visits around New York City in a private car. I mean, most "normal" people ride the subway in New York, and Char was totally driven around in this black Lincoln towncar or something like that. :)

You're rght...they do things we will never be able to do. Even if I go on skiing trips and stuff....so hey ...we don't want to be insulting in any sense.
We just didn't want the richness to be stressed that much because it doesn't mean a lot. You know Stephanie for example drives a VW car just a normal family car and stuff. Louis and his sisters attend normal schools just as The CTrio did. It's like all people think Monaco is just glitter and glamour, but it isn't. I've been there very often it's a very wealthy place but not even as glittery as people think...there's anormal avarage side of Monaco as well with kids attending school, people working...it's not just party and champagn...that's all we wanted to say....:)

Thanks, Michelle. I see what you're trying to say. But Monaco is still doing very well, in my opinion, because these "normal" schools that Stephanie's children go to are better than the crappy inner city schools that America's forgotten class have to go to. If Steph tries to give her kids a "normal" upbringing, at least it's (at worst) in the style of middle class and not deprived like so many. They are still very comfortable and have everything they need. That's luckier than thousands. I'm glad Steph doesn't spoil her kids. I hope she tries to teach them to appreciate everything they have because so many have so little.... I mean, I don't have nearly as much money as the Grimaldis, but whenever I pass a homeless person, I give what I can because whatever I have is so much more than they have! :( :(

I think we need to keep one thing in mind - nobody here has ever had an inside glimpse into what their private life is like. Nobody here has ever been inside her apartment nor do they know for a fact what type of furniture is inside there or where she (or anyone else in the family) does not shop.

Therefore, while you can speculate, you really can't make assumptions. Please, keep this conversation civil and as it was intended - a fun thread on how you image her apartment is decorated. There is no right or wrong and it is a little insulting to tell someone that their opinion is wrong.

So returning to this fun topic, now that we've discusssed the Great Class Divide ...... :p ......... I really can imagine Charlotte having her own decor in her apartment. I'm sure Caroline allowed her to renovate it if it was used by prior generations Grimaldi. I think Caroline probably bought her new furniture and some modern gadgets for her entertainment. I can see Charlotte having plants, flowers, and some "horse" things. I definitely see her having framed prints of horses on the walls. I wonder if she has a framed picture of Stefano on her bedside table. I doubt she has family snapshots scattered all over the place, because Charlotte seems really classy and neat, so she probably keeps her snapshots very tidy inside photo albums. She might have a small handful tucked in her dressing table mirror, or something like that, but nothing too sloppy. :)

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I really can't see any plants in her house. But gadgets, yes.

I think Felix buys her flowers every week and I do think Char likes plants. As for gadgets............. I think she must have a big plasma TV in the living room, a couple of top of the line Mac computers (one desktop, one notebook) and the most elaborate stereo system money can buy. She has an iPod, we've seen her with it, so she might have a system in her apartment where she sets up the iPod with speakers and does her jamming that way. I suppose she might have a CD player, probably yes, because maybe she hasn't converted all of her CDs into mp3's yet. But everyone who has an iPod converts their music into the mp3 format. When I got mine, that's what I did and then I sold off all my CDs on ebay. Maybe Char wouldn't sell hers, but she might have donated them or given them to a friend or Steph's kids. (Aside, I wonder if Steph's kids have iPods. Surely Stephanie has one for herself, at the very least! As much as Steph loves music, I would think she must have one! Maybe Michelle or Sebastian can convince Steph to publish a a "celebrity playlist" on iTunes! I'd love to see what Stephie listens to, and as far as I know, there hasn't been a royal yet on the celeb playlists. Not even Fergie, and she's just the sort to do it!)

I wonder if Char will get the iPod phone anytime soon. Nah, the iPod phone is motorola and she seems to be loyal to nokia.

What other gadgets might she have?

CasiraghiTrio said:
I think Felix buys her flowers every week and I do think Char likes plants. As for gadgets............. I think she must have a big plasma TV in the living room, a couple of top of the line Mac computers (one desktop, one notebook) and the most elaborate stereo system money can buy. She has an iPod, we've seen her with it, so she might have a system in her apartment where she sets up the iPod with speakers and does her jamming that way. I suppose she might have a CD player, probably yes, because maybe she hasn't converted all of her CDs into mp3's yet. But everyone who has an iPod converts their music into the mp3 format. When I got mine, that's what I did and then I sold off all my CDs on ebay. Maybe Char wouldn't sell hers, but she might have donated them or given them to a friend or Steph's kids. (Aside, I wonder if Steph's kids have iPods. Surely Stephanie has one for herself, at the very least! As much as Steph loves music, I would think she must have one! Maybe Michelle or Sebastian can convince Steph to publish a a "celebrity playlist" on iTunes! I'd love to see what Stephie listens to, and as far as I know, there hasn't been a royal yet on the celeb playlists. Not even Fergie, and she's just the sort to do it!)

I wonder if Char will get the iPod phone anytime soon. Nah, the iPod phone is motorola and she seems to be loyal to nokia.

What other gadgets might she have?

I don't know if Steph has an iPod, I've seen her with another kind of mp3 player which I think was Louis' .
I've seen Steph's old house. It hasn't been too too posh even though it was quite cool and they had more than they needed - I mean it was great. They had a private alevator 'cause the house has 6 floors and on the top floor they had a fitness rm, a sauna and a jacuzzi( which is cool, my parents have it in the basement :p)
Stephanie's new appartment is like this

Me too I guess Charlotte has a plasma tv...she needs to ...it's so cool to have one ( I'm currently trying to convince my dad to buy one :p)

sebastian said:
I don't know if Steph has an iPod, I've seen her with another kind of mp3 player which I think was Louis' .
I've seen Steph's old house. It hasn't been too too posh even though it was quite cool and they had more than they needed - I mean it was great. They had a private alevator 'cause the house has 6 floors and on the top floor they had a fitness rm, a sauna and a jacuzzi( which is cool, my parents have it in the basement :p)
Stephanie's new appartment is like this

Me too I guess Charlotte has a plasma tv...she needs to ...it's so cool to have one ( I'm currently trying to convince my dad to buy one :p)

Oh yeah, I saw that awhile ago. That was pretty cool. Steph's floor plan. I wish we had one of Char's apartment. I'll bet Char's apartment is small compared to Steph's. I mean, I know she's rich and all, but how much space could one girl need? Steph has a family and staff to house. All Char needs is a living room, kitchen, bedroom, maybe a guest room too, perhaps two or three bathrooms, a dining room. She must not have a balcony because I think if she did we'd have pics of her standing on it, like the ones of Andrea standing on his balcony a few years ago. Actually, I think Andrea's was a fire escape!
;)

Wow, you all are great! Your contributions are delicious!

I, too, imagine Charlotte's apartment as being very minimalistic. Everything there is very practical and the place always looks very neat. Her place isn't cluttered with too much furniture, and it's all very classy and sophisticated, giving off a spacious feeling. The place isn't necessarily very spacious, though. If she lives on her own, I suppose she could have a cozy two-room apartment.

Her furniture is quite modern and simple. I imagine she has a comfortable sofa and a few large, soft and cuddly tv chairs. The colors that are most represented in the decor are dark wood and white in the furnishings. She maybe has thrown in a few splashes of color, such as lime, in the curtains, for instance.

I think she must have a few house plants around. Trachea trees and yuccas are very easy and do not require frequent watering... I don't know about the pictures and paintings, though. I can't imagine her hanging paintings on her walls, maybe she thinks her friends might find paintings a bit too oldfashioned and posh... Don't know really...

It is very interesting to talk about whether or not she does household chores. I believe she does, really. I mean, it's very hard for me to think that she or her mom would employ a maid to do all this stuff for her. Maybe someone comes over to vacuum and dust once a week, but the rest of the chores I believe she does herself. I've heard that even the wife of F1 driver Kimi Räikkönen does the dishes in their home. Besides, we've seen pics of Char in the kitchen as a little girl. Could she have abandoned cooking altogether? In my opinion, cooking together with your friends can be really really fun! Grace cooked delicious meals, didn't she, and Caro sometimes prepared homecooked meals, right?

miau said:
It is very interesting to talk about whether or not she does household chores. I believe she does, really. I mean, it's very hard for me to think that she or her mom would employ a maid to do all this stuff for her. Maybe someone comes over to vacuum and dust once a week, but the rest of the chores I believe she does herself. I've heard that even the wife of F1 driver Kimi Räikkönen does the dishes in their home. Besides, we've seen pics of Char in the kitchen as a little girl. Could she have abandoned cooking altogether? In my opinion, cooking together with your friends can be really really fun! Grace cooked delicious meals, didn't she, and Caro sometimes prepared homecooked meals, right?

Oh I agree, she cooks her own food! No doubt about that, not in my mind! But I do imagine a person comes once a week to clean. I don't know why, it's just a feeling I have. I think Charlotte might do some tidying up, some basic things, but I think the hardcore cleaning is done by a professional who comes in once a week.
:)

Oh I must add a question! Do you think Charlotte has pets?

I think she probably does not have a dog or a pig because these would require being taken out for walks and we would have seen her doing that.

But she might have a cat, or a bird, or any number of something else that can be reasonably domesticated. :)

Hmm. I know her family (Pierre, in fact) has a French bulldog called Romeo, but I doubt Charlotte has any pets. You are right, the lack of pictures seems to prove the point here.

She seems to love travelling and leading a hectic life, so a pet wouldn't really "fit" into her life. I think that she's a smart girl and she understands that a pet would suffer from his mistress being away for long periods of time. I know Char truly loves animals, but no, I don't believe she has any pets of her own. When it comes to birds, lizards or tortoises, for instance, I think Char is more the type of girl who loves to sort of... share her activities with her animal companion. I hope that I'm making myself clear here, I'm just typing like a pneumatic drill here :) .

Back
Top Bottom