The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM
miau's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 224
Casiraghi Trio Apartments

How large do you think the apartment is?
What kind of furniture do you think she has there? Modern, retro, antique, minimalistic, eastern-influenced?
Does she wash the dishes or does she have a dishwasher? Does she wash her own clothes? Does she iron?
What colors are there? Black-and-white, nature colors, bright shades?
Does she prefer wood, metal or plastic? Or does she decorate with different fabrics?
Does she like potted plants?
Are there many pictures on her walls?
Does she have a stereo, a tv set, a computer there?

Tell us how do you imagine her home looks like!
__________________

__________________
Tails up!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2005, 05:58 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by miau
How large do you think the apartment is?
What kind of furniture do you think she has there? Modern, retro, antique, minimalistic, eastern-influenced?
Does she wash the dishes or does she have a dishwasher? Does she wash her own clothes? Does she iron?
What colors are there? Black-and-white, nature colors, bright shades?
Does she prefer wood, metal or plastic? Or does she decorate with different fabrics?
Does she like potted plants?
Are there many pictures on her walls?
Does she have a stereo, a tv set, a computer there?

Tell us how do you imagine her home looks like!
Such a great topic! I love it, love it, love it!
Ok, Charlotte's apt in my imagination is totally minimalistic (think of the house on Lamu) but it has a few antiques. The art on the walls is very impressionistic. I don't know why, but I can see Charlotte liking Monet a lot. She has an ultra-modern kitchen, complete with every state-of-the-art appliance and machine that a wealthy city girl's kitchen would have. I think she irons her own clothes on occasion, when necessary, but once a week a maid comes in to do the serious cleaning and washing up. She tidies up and keeps things nice, but doesn't need to do any rigorous cleaning, as she has to have that time for studying and family obligations. I think her apt is mostly wood, with nature colors, and potted plants. It has big veranda windows and high ceilings and it's very, very lofty. You can hardly hear the noise outside in her sound proof walls.
I don't think she has pictures on the walls, but she does have framed prints of horses in her bedroom at least. Her computer is a Mac Powerbook G4 notebook with OS X. She has a great stereo system and DVD player and big plasma TV but she doesn't use them much.

hehe, this is fun! :)
__________________

__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Paula**'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 661
really funny and nice topic, but I have no idea
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
PU-LEASE - you know darned well that there is NO WAY any of them actually clean their own homes or many apartments! I'm sure there is "field detail" for dwellings other than the main homes/palace, so when they are at the apartments in Paris, summer home in Monaco, and other areas, some team is cleaning up after them. I agree that the apartments are (hopefully) set up to appeal to the Trio when they choose to stay in one of them (whether it's an overnight or when school is in session); I would imagine that the main dwelling for Caro, Ernst and Alex is like any other functioning home....again, equipped with cooks, gardners, maid staff, etc. Fun topic, though!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-14-2005, 05:34 AM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
I just say one word : IKEA ;-)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2005, 05:55 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,292
Ikea???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
I just say one word : IKEA ;-)
My dear, IKEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my opinion, she does even not know what it is.............

I think that she just walked around Saint Germain de Près, an area full of nice expensive decoration shops, and she ordered her full lot of furnitures, antics or moderns.
In the same way her coat comes from Gucci and not from Zara, her furnitures would not come from Ikea.... It's normal, it is her way of life, she has been grown up in this world......, wearing babydior and not baby H&M....

She should never clean or iron by herself, she is used to have an army of people running behind her to clean everything, why she should change now`???? I would not do it if i was her.....

And do not forget that she is studying, she has no time to clean, as far as she can pay the staff to do it for her....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-14-2005, 05:59 AM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
My dear, IKEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my opinion, she does even not know what it is.............

I think that she just walked around Saint Germain de Près, an area full of nice expensive decoration shops, and she ordered her full lot of furnitures, antics or moderns.
In the same way her coat comes from Gucci and not from Zara, her furnitures would not come from Ikea.... It's normal, it is her way of life, she has been grown up in this world......, wearing babydior and not baby H&M....

She should never clean or iron by herself, she is used to have an army of people running behind her to clean everything, why she should change now`???? I would not do it if i was her.....

And do not forget that she is studying, she has no time to clean, as far as she can pay the staff to do it for her....
What makes you believe she doesn't know what IKEA is. She's not from Mars. Some of your imagination concerning Charlotte's ( and the other kids) habits of spending money are maybe a little too far fetched. There's no endless source
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-14-2005, 06:10 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,292
Ikea bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
What makes you believe she doesn't know what IKEA is. She's not from Mars. Some of your imagination concerning Charlotte's ( and the other kids) habits of spending money are maybe a little too far fetched. There's no endless source
I mean she has never been to IKEA.... Why she sould go??? IKEA has nice thinkgs for average budgets, people like me go, I carry into my own car, and once at home, I "do it" myself, because it is cheaper... that is norma for people like us...
But for this category of people the normal standard it to go to high designers and to order, and some days after the item is ready in your living room....
I mean, when Carl Lagerfeld himself designs your dress when you are 8 years old, you will not go to the cheep shops when you are 19!!!
Its not a shame to use the money that you have, she has money and she uses it, why not?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-14-2005, 06:17 AM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I mean she has never been to IKEA.... Why she sould go??? IKEA has nice thinkgs for average budgets, people like me go, I carry into my own car, and once at home, I "do it" myself, because it is cheaper... that is norma for people like us...
But for this category of people the normal standard it to go to high designers and to order, and some days after the item is ready in your living room....
I mean, when Carl Lagerfeld himself designs your dress when you are 8 years old, you will not go to the cheep shops when you are 19!!!
Its not a shame to use the money that you have, she has money and she uses it, why not?
That's exactly what I meant. There is no such 'that category of people'. They do it the same way you do it. She goes there - she goes to 'Habitat' as well and all that stuff. And even if Lagerfeld desingned her dresses when she was little she also goes and buys H&M and GAP clothes when she feels like doing it :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-14-2005, 06:23 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
That's exactly what I meant. There is no such 'that category of people'. They do it the same way you do it. She goes there - she goes to 'Habitat' as well and all that stuff. And even if Lagerfeld desingned her dresses when she was little she also goes and buys H&M and GAP clothes when she feels like doing it :)

May be.....
But I think she goes to H&M..... as much times WE can go to Chanel.....

At least, who knows???
But I remember some photos, she should be around 16-17, alone with friends in New York, they were using a big Limousine, its more comfortable than the Subway, No???

Anyway, it's nice these forums, we can exchange our ideas.

Ciao:)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
Regarding "IKEA" and other "average" shopping ventures - come on kids! You KNOW when Prince Albert stepped into the palace, he probably re-decorated, rearranged furniture, etc - the "cast offs" most likely went to the summer home in Monaco, Caroline's homes, the apartments - there is no way they would ever need to furnish a place or actually do the shopping themselves. They probably have stylists for clothing (I mean, Karl Laggerfeld/Chanel is at their beck and call !!) and home furnishings. It's more than the fact that she/the Trio doesn't have time to shop....they don't NEED to; it's done for them. :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Mahoogie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 312
Does Char lives with Felix?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-14-2005, 08:18 AM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal
Regarding "IKEA" and other "average" shopping ventures - come on kids! You KNOW when Prince Albert stepped into the palace, he probably re-decorated, rearranged furniture, etc - the "cast offs" most likely went to the summer home in Monaco, Caroline's homes, the apartments - there is no way they would ever need to furnish a place or actually do the shopping themselves. They probably have stylists for clothing (I mean, Karl Laggerfeld/Chanel is at their beck and call !!) and home furnishings. It's more than the fact that she/the Trio doesn't have time to shop....they don't NEED to; it's done for them. :)
I think I'll have to disappoint you here as well. Charlotte, I don't know which appartment she lives in...if she shares it with someone or not. But the family members are not always using the family's (old) appartments...If they are using the family appartments these are already furnished...but if Charlotte rent her own little two-room appartment like Stephanie did at her age then she might have to furnish it herself and it is likely she does this with todays fashionable furnituring stuff from HABITAT or IKEA .... why not? Whats so special about it?
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
I think I'll have to disappoint you here as well. Charlotte, I don't know which appartment she lives in...if she shares it with someone or not. But the family members are not always using the family's (old) appartments...If they are using the family appartments these are already furnished...but if Charlotte rent her own little two-room appartment like Stephanie did at her age then she might have to furnish it herself and it is likely she does this with todays fashionable furnituring stuff from HABITAT or IKEA .... why not? Whats so special about it?

REPLY: That would be great, if true (judging by Andrea's Montreal apartment/neighborhood - yikes! ), although I'll bet Charlotte is not living the bohemian lifestyle Andrea did in Canada. Hopefully, however, they can appreciate what it's like to be a struggling college student, living on your own w/your friends or boyfriend - cooking and shopping for yourself; hopefully they can allow themselves this for now, because when they are through with school, they will inherit a home (she was gifted an Island in Greece, don't forget - can any of us say that?!) and have full-time staff and won't have to worry about maintenance anymore. If she chooses to marry Felix, he comes from a rich family, too, so they'll be able to afford all the help they need. So, in their young, independent/college life, maybe they are able to live like us "commoners."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Australian's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,152
I think her apartment wouldn't be posh, in the sense that it makes the apartment look like an old woman lives in it. I think it would look very fun and youthful. her wardrobe will be full of Lagerfeld/Chanel!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-14-2005, 02:47 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
What makes you believe she doesn't know what IKEA is. She's not from Mars. Some of your imagination concerning Charlotte's ( and the other kids) habits of spending money are maybe a little too far fetched. There's no endless source

Sebastian and Michelle, I like you guys a lot. You're very nice. But it's not necessary to convince us how "normal" this family is. You don't have to talk to us like this, saying "Oh she goes to GAP, H&M, just like you!" Most of us, I think, are a bit more intelligent than you seem to think! Please, you guys don't have to exaggerate the family's "normalness" to get us to like them. We already like them, we accept them for what they are, which is a very wealthy family that certainly does shop in the best shops and drive the best cars. Sometimes you're over-eagerness to convince us how "normal" they are is a bit insulting. No offense, but seriously. This is not necessary!
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-14-2005, 03:54 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Sebastian and Michelle, I like you guys a lot. You're very nice. But it's not necessary to convince us how "normal" this family is. You don't have to talk to us like this, saying "Oh she goes to GAP, H&M, just like you!" Most of us, I think, are a bit more intelligent than you seem to think! Please, you guys don't have to exaggerate the family's "normalness" to get us to like them. We already like them, we accept them for what they are, which is a very wealthy family that certainly does shop in the best shops and drive the best cars. Sometimes you're over-eagerness to convince us how "normal" they are is a bit insulting. No offense, but seriously. This is not necessary!
We're not trying to convince anybody. We don't need to. What we say is just the truth. They are rich like hell , that's true but that doesn't make them unnormal people. They shop at IKEA and Gap just like they shop at Armani and Chanel. It just depends on what they are searching for. So you take it or you leave it. No offense but seriously...you can imagine whatever you like...Their life is glamourous in many situations but at the bottom of it all they're just people...You should see them sitting at MacDonald's eating cheeseburgers maybe then you'd know what we mean...Havin' a lot of mony doesn't mean that one should be acting like an alien.
You might think Charlotte or Pierre don't even know what a packet of milk costs...if so you're wrong...they go to the supermarket themselves, they take the buses and the metro in Paris, they buy their stuff at FNAC and GAP in Paris...even if you like to imagine a butler running around town to get them what they want....:)
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-14-2005, 04:09 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
We're not trying to convince anybody. We don't need to. What we say is just the truth. They are rich like hell , that's true but that doesn't make them unnormal people. They shop at IKEA and Gap just like they shop at Armani and Chanel. It just depends on what they are searching for. So you take it or you leave it. No offense but seriously...you can imagine whatever you like...Their life is glamourous in many situations but at the bottom of it all they're just people...You should see them sitting at MacDonald's eating cheeseburgers maybe then you'd know what we mean...Havin' a lot of mony doesn't mean that one should be acting like an alien.
You might think Charlotte or Pierre don't even know what a packet of milk costs...if so you're wrong...they go to the supermarket themselves, they take the buses and the metro in Paris, they buy their stuff at FNAC and GAP in Paris...even if you like to imagine a butler running around town to get them what they want....:)
True, there were pics of Char at Fnac in 2002. We don't have Fnac in the US so I don't know how "normal" that is, but it seems like our Target, as they have CDs and Books and games and magazines and clothing and all sorts of merchandise, right? If it's like Target, then it's very normal because Target is the ultimate middle class "everything" store for Americans.
And we also saw pics a year or so back of Char riding the bus, so I'm sorry if I came across rude in my last post here. Like I said, I respect everyone here and don't want to cause offense, but I did feel that maybe you were over-stressing the "normalcy" point just a bit!
Of course, they're normal. They walk normal, look normal, whatever "normal" really means, but I mean.... they are rich too! And "normal" people don't get to do so many things they do and take for granted, like annual ski trips and parties on a yacht and chauffeured visits around New York City in a private car. I mean, most "normal" people ride the subway in New York, and Char was totally driven around in this black Lincoln towncar or something like that. :)
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-14-2005, 04:16 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
True, there were pics of Char at Fnac in 2002. We don't have Fnac in the US so I don't know how "normal" that is, but it seems like our Target, as they have CDs and Books and games and magazines and clothing and all sorts of merchandise, right? If it's like Target, then it's very normal because Target is the ultimate middle class "everything" store for Americans.
And we also saw pics a year or so back of Char riding the bus, so I'm sorry if I came across rude in my last post here. Like I said, I respect everyone here and don't want to cause offense, but I did feel that maybe you were over-stressing the "normalcy" point just a bit!
Of course, they're normal. They walk normal, look normal, whatever "normal" really means, but I mean.... they are rich too! And "normal" people don't get to do so many things they do and take for granted, like annual ski trips and parties on a yacht and chauffeured visits around New York City in a private car. I mean, most "normal" people ride the subway in New York, and Char was totally driven around in this black Lincoln towncar or something like that. :)
You're rght...they do things we will never be able to do. Even if I go on skiing trips and stuff....so hey ...we don't want to be insulting in any sense.
We just didn't want the richness to be stressed that much because it doesn't mean a lot. You know Stephanie for example drives a VW car just a normal family car and stuff. Louis and his sisters attend normal schools just as The CTrio did. It's like all people think Monaco is just glitter and glamour, but it isn't. I've been there very often it's a very wealthy place but not even as glittery as people think...there's anormal avarage side of Monaco as well with kids attending school, people working...it's not just party and champagn...that's all we wanted to say....:)
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2005, 04:34 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Thanks, Michelle. I see what you're trying to say. But Monaco is still doing very well, in my opinion, because these "normal" schools that Stephanie's children go to are better than the crappy inner city schools that America's forgotten class have to go to. If Steph tries to give her kids a "normal" upbringing, at least it's (at worst) in the style of middle class and not deprived like so many. They are still very comfortable and have everything they need. That's luckier than thousands. I'm glad Steph doesn't spoil her kids. I hope she tries to teach them to appreciate everything they have because so many have so little.... I mean, I don't have nearly as much money as the Grimaldis, but whenever I pass a homeless person, I give what I can because whatever I have is so much more than they have! :( :(
__________________

__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Questions and Information about the Casiraghi Trio & Princess Caroline kittencrews Princess Caroline and Family 773 06-27-2014 03:15 AM
the casiraghi trio dating outside their race stephanie201985 Princess Caroline and Family 81 08-13-2009 07:37 AM
221 Reasons to Adore the Casiraghi Trio CasiraghiTrio Princess Caroline and Family 39 01-28-2009 02:54 AM
Casiraghi Trio - Picture Thread Part I moby Princess Caroline and Family 100 11-10-2007 11:45 PM
Stefano Casiraghi Julia Princess Caroline and Family 178 08-22-2005 07:10 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]