The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishla View Post
If I understand correctly in the event that Charlene and Albert do not have a son, the heir would be Andrea, son of Caroline?
Caroline, Princess of Hanover is the heiress presumptive. Andrea, would become his mothers heir, thus making him the heir apparent should Caroline succeed Albert.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
late 90's when she began her affair with Ernst-August...she was said to be very displeased with their coverage of that particular scandal.
Then she should not have been sleeping with him in the first place; for all her pious airs, she did participate in the breakup of that marriage, Ernst-August supposedly being bset friends with the first wife.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishla View Post
If I understand correctly in the event that Charlene and Albert do not have a son, the heir would be Andrea, son of Caroline?
If Charlene and Albert do not have a child (son or daughter) the heir is Caroline, and than Andrea.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Then she should not have been sleeping with him in the first place; for all her pious airs, she did participate in the breakup of that marriage, Ernst-August supposedly being bset friends with the first wife.

How prudish! How do you know his marriage was not finished, or it would have finished without Caroline?
Old 07-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

If they have just daughters, then the first born daughter will be in the heir of the throne .Just if they don't have children ,then the heir of throne would be belong to P.Caroline and after that on her's eldest son,Andrea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishla
Old 07-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Not only would their first born daughter be Heiress Presumptive, any man she married would be required to drop his own surname and assume the Grimaldi name and Coat of Arms...they've dotted the i's and crossed the t's to make certain the Grimaldi line continues!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Another "What if..." to ponder:
What if Charlene does not produce an heir (of either sex) within, say, five to ten years ??
Old 07-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Then Caroline remains Heiress Presumptive.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Are you having a problem with Caroline?
I mean, saying this, and that you don't want her to do something a la Antoinette, fearing for poor Charlene's "new" life in Monaco...
Old 07-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Please note that Caroline's relationship with Ernst August is NOT the topic of this thread.

Any and all additional OFF TOPIC posts will be deleted.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
She can be the "People's Princess"
Really? I have the feeling she would not like that...After desperately striving for that royal title. I remember that in one of her last interviews Chantal said that she would never divorce Ernst, and would do everithing she could to salvage her marriage. Then Caroline got pregnant and the rest is history.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Never mind the titles - it's Caroline's future work for the Principality that matters.

Apart from her usual roles in the Arts, AMADE etc., she has three grown-up children who are in relationships, may well get married and produce children of their own.

Roll on, Grand-Mère Caroline....
Old 07-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Royal Highness

It surely was some sort of roller-coaster ride for Caroline as it was clear when she was a child that as long as her brother survived, she would never be the heir to Monaco. IIRC the old laws only allowed the offspring of the prince to inherit - thus as soon as Albert ascended, Caroline and Stephanie lost her inheritance right as they were not longer the children of the prince but his sisters. And while Rainier got older and older, Albert didn't think of marrying... So this was a real problem for Monaco. The Rainier negociated the change of the succession laws with France and Caroline could become Albert's heiress. She obviously got used to that position and accepted her responsibility. And now Albert's got married and will in all probability a father within the next years. Another change of plans for Caroline - and all those done withoput her having a say in it. Poor Princess.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Serene Highness

Imho, i'm sure Albert will have children with Charlene. I don't think that he wants to give his position to his nephews.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think Caroline is as hung up on being the ruler of Monaco as people seem to think...as for her sons...who knows?

When they were children she refused to let them have titles and always emphasized in interviews that they were private citizens, not "official" children.

They have obviously been well educated and could step in if need be, but neither one strikes me as having been groomed specifically for succession. They will have lives of personal freedom, and all the luxury and comfort that enormous wealth confers.

Sounds good to me.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

Disagree Moonmaiden. All of Andrea's schooling has been geared to the government. He has had to prepare as if he were going to be ruler. If PA has children he will still probably have a high postition Monaco government job. I am wondering if he hasn't already moved back to Monaco. He sure looks tanned this summer.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Anyone have any ideas on how Caroline will cope with no longer being First Lady of Monaco after Albert is married and there is a new official Princess of Monaco?

We will probably see pictures of her smiling more, lookinng relaxed and pursuing interests that are important and rewarding to her.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Courtier

She's in her fifties and worked hard for her principality.
She can slow down a bit now.
But I'll think she'll remain the cultural ambasador for and in Monaco.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she will have more time for her artistic interests.

Stephanie isn't really around much. PA runs the Principality.
Charlene will be busy with her own pursuits, charities etc.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I suspect over the next 5 years she will pass along some of her workload to Charlene and retain those patronages that are really important to her. She will also have more time for herself and her family and maybe grandchildren if they come along. She will be able to have a quieter life if she wishes and not always be on call and on display.