The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
I recall an old interview with Diane Sawyer where she talked about, basically, having a more laid-back approach to child rearing, which allowed her children to live more normal lives, since she decided not to give them titles. The Casiraghi children are - for all intents and purposes - like normal teens becoming adults (difference - they're doing so in the tabloids simply because of their blood relations, not by choice....like the many Hollywood celebutants we can list a string of!!). I don't believe that the type of mother Caroline is has led them to make whatever choices they are making now - they are, for all intents and purposes, adults.....I think she's done a great job with Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, and is doing a great job with Alexa. She also seems to have a strong bond with EAJr and Christian.
looking at Carolione thru pics thru out the years and her Diane Sawyer interview- I think Caroline "made" friends with her offspring-- if u know what I mean, she dosent seem to be a strickler for the rules with her children they must be good kids- no scandals!

Old 06-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

I know what you mean - I believe she was just more relaxed in her parenting style; didn't "talk down" to them, or patronize them - I'm sure she has found that, while mistakes will be made, sometimes the heavy hand isn't the best approach - let them make some mistakes...they have to learn something from them.....

Old 06-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Nobility

I often think of how my mother and I are friends-something rare which happens between parents and children.Wonder if Charlotte,Andrea,Pierre and Alexandra have that with Caroline.

viva l'amour!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I remember many years ago, I've read an interview of late Prince Rainier, and he was explaining how wonderful mum is Caroline and that she was raising her children, firmly but gently, and that is was rude for her to fill their father's absence,
Old 08-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

Natural

Caro turned out to be a " natural" for the position of motherhood.
I think she excels with children;her own and others.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Aristocracy

I like what Princess Caroline said in an interview years ago that (and I'm paraphrasing here) children don't really belong to us, rather they come through us and we can give try to give them the 'keys' to the doors which are right but ultimately they should be allowed the freedom to choose/use those keys or to not use them.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

^ Too bad not many people have the key that P. Caroline has. World would be too good to be true.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortiz View Post
I like what Princess Caroline said in an interview years ago that (and I'm paraphrasing here) children don't really belong to us, rather they come through us and we can give try to give them the 'keys' to the doors which are right but ultimately they should be allowed the freedom to choose/use those keys or to not use them.
I remember that phrase. It shows how intelligent she is. Because she is right.
As La Bouche d'Or says, it's a pity that not many people have that key.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

I think there needs to be a balance between strong parenting and friendship and trust with your kids. My parents didn't use a heavy hand, but they weren't our "best friends" either - they trusted us to respect their guidance, and we respected that they trusted us to make safe/smart decisions. I think parents like Billy Ray Cyrus (father to Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana) and Deena Lohan who try too hard to extend their young life by having NO rules and offering no parental guidance for their kids (wanting to be their best friend, instead of someone the kids have to listen to and respect) find that living vicariously thru their kids or allowing them carte blance to life so that they can continue to live off them - they find that open parenting fails miserably.....as we see in the news on a regular basis. Who can be proud of a child that is known for their rehab stints, clepto behavior, and videotaped drug use?!