Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmm... just want to say something about the article and the casiraghi's student life... really dont want to defend lazyness or anything but please keep in mind that we dont get pictures of them at uni/in the office, but only going out (in the sense of going outside) pictures. and when you leave your home, you dont do any glorious things as a student but just go for a coffe or food/partying/shopping/on vacations. specially when it comes to charlotte... we (at least I) havent seen one single pic of her leaving a london club at 4 am as we regularily get them from william and kate. Moreover many people have a more or less wild period during their student time or even earlier, it just should stop at some point. and unlike "us" who have to drink cheap alcohol from the petrol filling station (please dont take this literally) and go for a camping weekend, they spend their nights in posh clubs in the world's most beautiful places... thats just their price class.
hope you got my point without feeling offended as a student, and are a bit lenient towards them ;)

....and unlike "us" who have to drink cheap alcohol from the petrol filling station (please dont take this literally) and go for a camping weekend,....

Oh dear! I would be worried if that was a literal reference to my own life. :D At here in the US, Petrol filling stations only have beer and I hate beer. But I do go for Trader Joe's wines, and that's very ....... er....... "reasonably priced" haha. :lol:

Actually TJ's has a wide range of prices, from $30-80 wines and down the line to the under-$10 bottles.

Whew, the Casiraghis would say that was sooo cheap, though! They have their collector vintage wines, in the cellar of Mama's Manoir. :ROFLMAO:

Good points, though, Mrs. S. Of all the so-called knowledge we have of this family, it's true that there is so much more we do not know and probably never will know. :cool:

hmmm... just want to say something about the article and the casiraghi's student life... really dont want to defend lazyness or anything but please keep in mind that we dont get pictures of them at uni/in the office, but only going out (in the sense of going outside) pictures. and when you leave your home, you dont do any glorious things as a student but just go for a coffe or food/partying/shopping/on vacations. specially when it comes to charlotte... we (at least I) havent seen one single pic of her leaving a london club at 4 am as we regularily get them from william and kate. Moreover many people have a more or less wild period during their student time or even earlier, it just should stop at some point. and unlike "us" who have to drink cheap alcohol from the petrol filling station (please dont take this literally) and go for a camping weekend, they spend their nights in posh clubs in the world's most beautiful places... thats just their price class.
hope you got my point without feeling offended as a student, and are a bit lenient towards them ;)

I totally agree with you. We know for certain that Charlotte is a brilliant student. Pierre seems to be good too, since he is studying at Bocconi. Only Andrea is kind of a mistery...
And well, yes, the paps catch the casiraghis doing a wild thing once in a while, or going to parties or even drunk. And so??? Are they any different to any other student their age???
To me the fact that someone who could have such an easy life as Charlotte is getting high grades and writing thoughful articles in the press does not speak of laziness.
Also, the fact that a guy as rich, famous and handsome as Andrea has been going out with the same girlfriend since I don't know how many years instead of dating models or actresses or changing girlfriend everyweek does not speak of frivolity (even more so, since tatiana is far from being a stunning beauty).
Frankly, I think that most journalists are not fair with the casiraghis. To me, they are some important hints that make me think that caroline did a good job with them and they are not the spoiled brats most people would be in their situation.
They drink alcohol and go out late at night? Thank God! They are young normal people!

^^ Do you think Andrea currently pursuing for advance degree or something since he has graduated (bachelor degree) last year?

I like natural in a girl, but at some point ,with charlotte, it is starting to look quite fake, like an artificial pose.
Yeah, maybe it just like what people said to Prince Harry "You're not normal, so stop trying to be normal". She is far too classy to be a simple person. Unfortunate of her..:D

I agree with the last opinions, don´t forget thay are on holidays now, and they do on vacation what everyone does, but as they are rich and famous , some people immediately speak of "spoiled children".

^ I don't think being spoiled is bad in their case! because how could they not be... but they're not brats... too me those 2 are different things!

^^ Do you think Andrea currently pursuing for advance degree or something since he has graduated (bachelor degree) last year?

Yeah, maybe it just like what people said to Prince Harry "You're not normal, so stop trying to be normal". She is far too classy to be a simple person. Unfortunate of her..:D

Why did it take Andrea so long to graduate?

Anyway I thought he was at The New School for public policy, no? I think that's a graduate school, it's weird because paps in NY don't photo him and Tati...when the Olsens were schooled at NYU they were always getting a candid shot. Although the situations are different, I did think we would get occasional sightings of those 2...

Well, the Olsens are on a different social spectrum here than Andrea and Tatiana. Just about everyone knows who the Olsen Twins are, and on the flip side there aren't many Americans who know about (or care about) Andrea.

But if William were in NYC, you can expect a storm of paparazzi 24/7. That's probably why Andrea wanted to go to school in the U.S. in the first place. He can breathe a little easier.

Yeah I guess that's true cause Pierre and Char would get photo-d frequently at their university's in Europe. But if they chose the states, probably not so much...

I think oxygen and zembla are absolutely right about Andrea in the US. He just blends into the crowds of NYC, whether at New School or NYU. Paris Match says the former, but perhaps it is just an assumption based on that Tatiana is at New School.

Anyway, I am sure Pierre must have the same experience as Andrea in the US at some school. I am not, however, 100% certain that Charlotte would not attract attention here. We might see a cover story on People magazine about the princess "coming to America" or some such nonsense. I admit, because it's fact, that Charlotte does not claim anywhere near the attention of Prince William & Prince Harry. Nevertheless, she does command something much more than her brothers, even here. US fashion editors soak up that Grace's granddaughter stuff, don't they? :angel:

I think oxygen and zembla are absolutely right about Andrea in the US. He just blends into the crowds of NYC, whether at New School or NYU. Paris Match says the former, but perhaps it is just an assumption based on that Tatiana is at New School.

Anyway, I am sure Pierre must have the same experience as Andrea in the US at some school. I am not, however, 100% certain that Charlotte would not attract attention here. We might see a cover story on People magazine about the princess "coming to America" or some such nonsense. I admit, because it's fact, that Charlotte does not claim anywhere near the attention of Prince William & Prince Harry. Nevertheless, she does command something much more than her brothers, even here. US fashion editors soak up that Grace's granddaughter stuff, don't they? :angel:

Charlotte would no doubt get more attention if she chose to be schooled at a big city school like NYU or USC...

Mostly because she's a girl and the princess factor...and her style would be scrutinized...etc...part of me would like it because we would be spoiled more with candids and info...:cool:

does anybody know what field Charlotte wants to get a doctoral degree in? I am also considering getting a doctorate, and I am kind of frightened by the amount of work it would take to accomplish it. I admire Charlotte for being committed to her studies.

Somebody previously mentioned that many master's degree programs require work experience. This is not always true. I am in a master's program, and work experience was not required. I know that some do require it, but many don't.

I'd say she'd get it in philosophy, since she was said to have taken the "licence" in philosophy

same here, I'm in a masters program where you don't need work experience

I don't believe the story that she is going any further...I think the job at The Independent was a break from her studies and may not have even been an internship. It may be a genuine job...

And really Philosophy doesn't go with a career in Journalism...she would probably focus on something new if she went back to school...but who knows...

And really Philosophy doesn't go with a career in Journalism...she would probably focus on something new if she went back to school...but who knows...

Why that? IMO nothing goes better with Philosophy than journalism (although not necessarily fashion journalism, you're right). I guess that before you can start writing your own books you have to have published something. of course, you can do everything (and nothing) with philosophy, but journalism is the first thing that comes to my mind. and I hardly believe she was gonna be a philosopher.

^ Yes, philosophy can be useful or useless in many ways. No doubts there.

Nevertheless, I am almost wholly convinced by the popular consensus, that Charlotte's job at 'Sindy' is independent of any degree program. As Zembla said, and I agree, it is a break in her studies. But there is where the agreement ends for me. 'Sindy' is only a break. It is not permanent. I believe she will return to some academic pursuit after having a much-deserved, much-earned break. I think she became burnt out, as so often happens with serious students.

From the speech pronounced by Caroline at the graduation cerimony of the International School of Paris (Prince’s Palace of Monaco - International School of Paris)

"A couple of years ago, when Gareth Jones asked me to be a speaker here today for Graduation, I could not quite figure out what he was after. Did he want me to give the girls in the school useful tips on needlepoint and housekeeping or some other mundane advice? After all, we did not know each other. Or had he understood at that very first interview that I was just a parent, a concerned parent. My husband and I are so grateful to the ISP. Two of our sons have ‘made it' and it is thanks to you, Gareth, and your amazing team."

Who do you think are the two sons? One must be Andrea, and the other maybe is one of the Hanover boys...do we know anything? I think it is nice that she refers to them as "our sons" even though, strictly speaking they are just step parents of their spose's children.

From the speech pronounced by Caroline at the graduation cerimony of the International School of Paris (Prince’s Palace of Monaco - International School of Paris)

"A couple of years ago, when Gareth Jones asked me to be a speaker here today for Graduation, I could not quite figure out what he was after. Did he want me to give the girls in the school useful tips on needlepoint and housekeeping or some other mundane advice? After all, we did not know each other. Or had he understood at that very first interview that I was just a parent, a concerned parent. My husband and I are so grateful to the ISP. Two of our sons have ‘made it' and it is thanks to you, Gareth, and your amazing team."

Who do you think are the two sons? One must be Andrea, and the other maybe is one of the Hanover boys...do we know anything? I think it is nice that she refers to them as "our sons" even though, strictly speaking they are just step parents of their spose's children.

I can't help but be surprised by the tone of the speech. It seems a bit condescending to me and out of touch, as if she were speaking from another era, her mother's era, about the "needlepoint" business. Everybody knows today's princesses have other things to do than work on their needlepoint skills.

I also think it is a normal thing to do to refer to one's stepchildren as "our". Using such a possessive adjective comes with the territory of taking on the responsibilities of step-parenting. Sure , it's nice, but it's what any decent person would do.

What is exactly the name of the degree Charlotte got at the Sorbone University? Anybody knows?

She is believed to have studied Philosophy here. Well,it's a pity she didn't try more for ENS. :(

Thank you, Girls, for informaton, concerning Charlotte and Andrea's education.;)
Maybe anybody knows about Pierre's education?
I have tried to find some information of him, and no result has found.
Please, share with me.

Pierre studies economy and management at Bocconi University. The BSc is a special one for foreigners, all in English.

We never have a certain info about Andrea's studies. In Wikipedia says (I know it's a not a reliable source) he graduated in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts and International Politics from the American University of Paris. Is this true?

I, too, wonder if he's actually graduated from anywhere - he's been in school in Paris, Canada, NYC - but, has he actually graduated? Is he in school now? Neither he nor Tatiana seem to be back in NYC (other than fashion week & related parties) - seem to be in Paris, lately.....

In an interview he gave he confirmed he was a graduate student in NY, which means he must have finished undergrad...

In an interview? which one? can you post a link here or something? :flowers:

I agree with your statement about visiting France and French men, life, food etc. Great advise!

Back
Top Bottom