Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lifestyle of the Three Casiraghis

Hello! Can someone educate me? I will be happy to be proven wrong in my perception. I'm rather new to this whole royalty thing, but my question is this: what exactly do the three Casiraghis actually "do"? I'm curious whether any of them have done any university study? With the exception of a humanitarian trip that Andrea made a few months ago, do any of them do anything in the way of "giving back" to others? Maybe what I see with them is the norm for people in their eschelon, but it seems that with them, more than any other royal family (and they aren't actually "royal"), all they are ever seen doing is jet-setting, partying, vacationing and shopping. I see William and Harry more involved, humanitarian things, military, etc. I'm curious what others think. Many thanks!

Charlotte is in Paris. She studies Philosophy at the Sorbonne. She is an incredibly intelligent young woman. She does party a bit but who doesn't at that age. As far as her brothers they are very active in AMADE and other causes. I am sure there are plenty of members that can elaborate. The reason you don't see much of them except when they are vacationing and shopping is because those types of pictures sell magazines.

I read somewhere that Pierre studies in Italy, but I don't know what and where. Andrea was said to attend International University in Paris. Recently Andrea was with his girlfriend, Tatiana in New York, so I'm not sure if he's at school right now.

Lakshmi said:
I read somewhere that Pierre studies in Italy, but I don't know what and where. Andrea was said to attend International University in Paris. Recently Andrea was with his girlfriend, Tatiana in New York, so I'm not sure if he's at school right now.

Pierre is studying in Milan, in the very famous Bocogni University, economics. This is a very prestigious economic schools, one of the best in Europe.

kekehhk said:
Hello! Can someone educate me? I will be happy to be proven wrong in my perception. I'm rather new to this whole royalty thing, but my question is this: what exactly do the three Casiraghis actually "do"? I'm curious whether any of them have done any university study? With the exception of a humanitarian trip that Andrea made a few months ago, do any of them do anything in the way of "giving back" to others? Maybe what I see with them is the norm for people in their eschelon, but it seems that with them, more than any other royal family (and they aren't actually "royal"), all they are ever seen doing is jet-setting, partying, vacationing and shopping. I see William and Harry more involved, humanitarian things, military, etc. I'm curious what others think. Many thanks!

Everybody is right:
Pierre studies in a prestigious economic school in Milan.
Charlotte had top marcks at her bac exam and has been pursuing high level studies for 2 years. Now she apparently studies philosophy.
Andrea does not seem to be a good student since he failed his bac the 1st year, but his girlfriend Tatiana is studying in New York so he probably is there too.

As for the comparision with Harry and Willian we can't really compare. The casiraghis are private people who live on their personal family fortunes and have no responsabilty with any citizens. They are private individuals and if they decide to get involved in something like AMADE is their choice but they have no real obligations.
Even if Albert does not have children and Andrea becomes the Prince of Monaco, Monaco is a very peculiar place more similar to a private company than to a country. The citizens do not even pay taxes and there is no even a real democracy since the prince ,who is not elected by the people, has real power in the goverment wich never happens in a democracy. It is a very peculiar place and the prince is more like the president of a big company than an actual ruler.
Harry and William on the other hand belong to a royal family. As any other royals in Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Belgium or the Netherlands they don't have any real political power since all these are democratic countries. They only have representation fonctions and more importantly they recieve a yearly allowance to do so perfectly, and this allowance comes from the citizens taxes. Even if they have a personal fortune they live on public money and they are public political figures and their JOB is to represent their country in political and social events aswell as taking part in humanitarian, cultural and military activities.

So the big difference is that the casiraghis are private persons who can do whatever they feel with their lifes while royals, like Harry and William, have a public charge and so, a JOB to perform.
Hope that explanation helps.

Last edited:
We also have to remember that Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre are not TITLED. They do not have OFFICIAL duties and responsibilities. I agree it would be nice to see them handing out the toys during Christmas but who am I to say what they should be doing? They are young, rich and enjoying life.

I, too, am pretty confused about what Andrea does. Where did he go to school to prepare for the bac the second time ? I doubt he went back to the same lycee. Where did he go to school after he obtained the bac ? What is he majoring in at the International University in Paris (or in New York) ?

Didn't he study inCanada or something?
And BTW, they're (Casiraghis) rich, it's not like if they'll be spending their summer working in MacDonald's.....

MANY THANKS, everyone above - I found all the responses very interesting. Thanks for addressing my question all!

We really don't know if Andrea is finished. I didn't know Tatiana had finished her "undergraduate" work (whatever the name is in France). She's doing graduate work now so she must have some sort of degree. So it's possible that Andrea is done with school. Lafawnduh is right: they have the luxury of not working. Maybe he will do more charity work.

I don't know about Andrea's schooling, but I do know that several British and American magazines have mentioned that he is looking for apartments in NYC where he will live with Tatiana.

Anna

When Andrea was in the Philippines he conversed with a journalist who later on wrote an article on his visit. The journalist mentioned that Andrea was studying international politics at the American University in Paris.

Just curious : Did Andrea pass the bac or did he choose to study in Montreal and an American university because he never bothered to try taking it again ?

does anybody know which sorbonne university charlotte goes to ? many thanks :)

auroraDaniel said:
does anybody know which sorbonne university charlotte goes to ? many thanks :)
Sorbonne IV, that´s what i read.

yes he is, where is he going to university again?

ailstalia said:
yes he is, where is he going to university again?
I think someone a while back said he's going to some school called Bocconi to study economy, I think (but don't take my word for it though)

Hi everybody :flowers:

Yesterday , on a tv show, Prince Albert 2 said about trio Casiraghi :

Andrea studies in New York, Pierre studies at Milan and Char in Paris.

He said : One of them studies Litterature, another studies Law and (I suppose is Pierre) Pierre studies Businness.

I don't know if it's a news for you but I post that.

Good night

Hi everybody :flowers:

Yesterday , on a tv show, Prince Albert 2 said about trio Casiraghi :

Andrea studies in New York, Pierre studies at Milan and Char in Paris.

He said : One of them studies Litterature, another studies Law and (I suppose is Pierre) Pierre studies Businness.

I don't know if it's a news for you but I post that.

Good night

what tv show was it?

"Tenue de soirée" (with Michel Drucker in Monaco at "la salle des étoiles du sporting Monte Carlo) on Reunion island TV (Télé Réunion): There are Prince Albert and Princess Stéphanie ... and Carl Lagerfeld and singers (Emmanuel Moire)...(no Princess Caroline)

:flowers:
sorry for may very bad english

Last edited:
Andrea is studying law in New York ?! I never expected he would be interested in law. :ohmy:
Thanks for the information though. Now we finally know what Andrea has been up to lately.

How do you know Andrea is studing law? I've never read taht Charlotte was studing litterature... All I've read here and elsewhere is tat Pierre is studing econimics.

it doesn't say that andrea studies law (it says that another one does ), who could be pierre. cause he studied law for a year 2005/2006 in paris but then switched to business in milan this past year. it may an old interview of albert's or some distorted statements of his

The statement was neither distorted nor old. A couple of weeks ago he said in a tv interview the Casiraghi were studying in Paris, Milan and New York, literary studies, Law and Economics; as we know Char is studying Philosophy and literature, Pierre is studying economics, it is safe to assume Andrea might be studying law...

Oh, I didn't know Charlotte was studying philosophy and literature... Well law sounds like he could be fit to rule one day...

I thought Pierre was the one studying law? There's no way Andrea could be in actual law school with the amount of traveling that he does. Law school is HARD. And law students are in their books all the time. Also, he moved to NY in January. As far as I know, you can't enter law school mid-semester. Maybe he's doing a pre-law course but I doubt it's actual LAW SCHOOL. Also, did Andrea even graduate from university? He would need a bachelor's degree or equivalent to be in a US law school.

Why does he need to graduate from university? Isn't university where he's studying law? :confused:

Why does he need to graduate from university? Isn't university where he's studying law? :confused:

it depends. In the US:

Law school=professional degree after finishing 4 year university degree.

If he's just doing a major in legal studies or pre-law, that's a completely different thing. He wouldn't be a lawyer upon graduating.

Can someone post the article, or the video so we can see for ourselves what Albert said;so it's clear?

it depends. In the US:

Law school=professional degree after finishing 4 year university degree.

If he's just doing a major in legal studies or pre-law, that's a completely different thing. He wouldn't be a lawyer upon graduating.

Oh, Ok, I understand now, it's the same here, it's just we don't call it law school but professional degree, it's like 10 additional exams to become a lawyer...

Back
Top Bottom