Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fandesacs2003 said:
Sorry, I'm very confused, was Larry King talking about Charlotte??? In which topic??
Yes me too.I think he was talking with someone who was guest and said that money can't buy everything so he refered to Charlotte's failure as an example.

That seems a little harsh. I guess I would need to read the transcript to see. For most people, an exam failure is a private thing.

I think, Larry King must have been mistaken, or thinking of someone else. It just doesn't seem very clear to me why King would advert suddenly in one sentence to the topic of Princess Caroline's daughter while King was speaking with his guest. Who knows. By the way, it would have probably been edited out of anything less than the complete transcrpit as it was onlt a casual remark, and such things often end up on the cutting room floor during editing for sake of space, which I found out the hard way by sending off for a paid, complete transcript of a one-hour interview only to end up with three edited pages.

Dave

Beatrice said:
Yes me too.I think he was talking with someone who was guest and said that money can't buy everything so he refered to Charlotte's failure as an example.

Well if it's true and he did say that, then I would advise King to pipe down! He has no business referring to Charlotte in that way. I agree with BurberryBrit, that was harsh (if he even said it that is).

Ana

CasiraghiTrio said:
Well, I'm just looking at it like this: She might have a pass grade on the exam results, but the score is not the minimum requirement to go to ENS. Because the exam takers are judged in comparison to each other, I'm guessing. Say you have 100 people who take the written exam, but only the people with the 20 or so highest scores get to go on to the oral exam. So everyone who didn't make the Top 20 doesn't go on, but they may still have technically a passing grade (for another option). Does that make sense?

Yes it does. Thanks for explaining :) . When you originally said "did not score high enough" I was thinking you meant did not score high enough to pass lol, that's why I was confused :p

i've been hearing a lot of rumors lately, that andrea will be studing in NYC, possibly at NYU. is there any truth to it? does anyone have any information reguarding this?

I believe there is truth to both articles. Apparently NYU and AUP have a linkage agreement where students from one university can attend the other and vice versa for a semester or a year. I believe he and Tati will be spending some time in New York to attend NYU but their home base will be AUP. Besides, wasn't Tati rumored to have been attending the American University in London? It's quite possible that she transferred.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Well, I'm just looking at it like this: She might have a pass grade on the exam results, but the score is not the minimum requirement to go to ENS. Because the exam takers are judged in comparison to each other, I'm guessing. Say you have 100 people who take the written exam, but only the people with the 20 or so highest scores get to go on to the oral exam. So everyone who didn't make the Top 20 doesn't go on, but they may still have technically a passing grade (for another option). Does that make sense?

I see your point but the results were published and neither she or Felix did pass

BurberryBrit said:
That seems a little harsh. I guess I would need to read the transcript to see. For most people, an exam failure is a private thing.
Not in France. Public exams results are public.

Luca said:
i've been hearing a lot of rumors lately, that andrea will be studing in NYC, possibly at NYU. is there any truth to it? does anyone have any information reguarding this?
Well, Tatiana is certainly going to NY next year. She stated it herself in a mini-interview in the last issue of Paris Vogue. They also showed a pic of her house. If someone is interested I can scan it when i come back from my holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you please scan and post the article? I have the American Vogue blurb and I'd love to see what Paris Vogue says. Thanks!

does anyone know what would charlotte do now? would she try her ENS again or go to other university?

Hi all, I was 'shocked' yesterday. I'm studying at UGent (www.ugent.be) in Belgium for the moment. And yesterday afternoon, Charlotte has attended classes at our Faculty!!!! I'm sure nobody knows who she is here in Belgium, but I'm sure it was her! Why? Because I've checked the student list and she's on it :). Maybe she'll become a new friend of me/us. We'll see :ROFLMAO:...

Hugs, Amelie

wow that's really crazy! what kind of classes did she attend?

Noooo, I can't believe it ! Charlotte in Gent ? Why not Louvain ? :neutral: Louvain is so much better ! :lol: I'm curious too, which program does she follow ? Because at the faculty of arts and philosophy in Gent there aren't that much courses offered in English.

Last edited:
amelie_bracke said:
Hi all, I was 'shocked' yesterday. I'm studying at UGent (www.ugent.be) in Belgium for the moment. And yesterday afternoon, Charlotte has attended classes at our Faculty!!!! I'm sure nobody knows who she is here in Belgium, but I'm sure it was her! Why? Because I've checked the student list and she's on it :). Maybe she'll become a new friend of me/us. We'll see :ROFLMAO:...

Hugs, Amelie

Oooohhhh really:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

How is she?????
Which kind of courses???:sad:

amelie_bracke said:

Hugs, Amelie
Do you think that she will leave France?Maybe she's trying to decide in which Faculty she will be enrolled(and where).I know that your Fac is great but she could simply go to Sorbonne next to her place:ermm: .We will see.

Ghent is a really awesome school. Maybe Charlotte wants to get away from Paris for awhile.
Oh yeah, and remember Felix's dad works in Brussels, so maybe it was Felix's idea to try out Ghent. I don't know if he's still at University Paris or if he transfered to Ghent, but there could be so many explanations.
She might know people at Ghent, maybe Cecile, who knows.

Last edited:
even if she want's to leave France i wish her the best as always:heart: :heart: :heart:

Beatrice said:
even if she want's to leave France i wish her the best as always:heart: :heart: :heart:

Well, I'm sure she loves France. It's her home. But she's been such a little jetsetter/socialite all summer and lately, she might want a change, to lay low for awhile. I'm sure in Paris it can be hard to do that, especially when you're her! ;)

amelie_bracke said:

Hugs, Amelie
Well, if she´s studying there i wish you keep us updated, tell us everything, you´re so lucky!!!:)

I love how Ghent breaks down all their departments into super specific categories. Instead of one big Department of History, like we have in the US universities, Ghent has a Department of Ancient History, one for Modern History, Medieval history, etc. For literature, Charlotte's area (unless she decides to change, who knows) they have a Department for Dutch Literature, but I don't see any other lit. departments under Fac of Arts and Philosophy.
Here's the list: http://www.ugent.be/facdepts?ugentid=LW
I'm guessing Charlotte would study under that fac. Maybe she would do a history, or a language, or something other than Dutch lit. :unsure:

Charlotte seems to devote herself to whatever she does, no matte where she goes, I'm sure she'll do well.

miau said:
If she truly is at UGent, could she be studying something like this:
http://www.opleidingen.ugent.be/studiegids/2006/EN/STUDY/C/C410/ANLITE/DOEL/INDEX.HTM
No, that isn’t possible because it’s a “ManaMa”. Literally translated that would be Master after Master. In the link you provide, they call it advanced academic studies. That means you need to already have a master degree to be accepted. For foreign students they might make exceptions and also accept a bachelor degree.

Ok, I did a little research on the website of the UGent to prove what I say :

“Admission to the complementary - and advanced studies : A foreign university or higher education diploma (minimum duration 3 years), accepted by the university authorities, is required for admission to the complementary studies and advanced studies.”

I’ve been thinking about it all morning long and really, I can't believe that Char studies in Gent. Either she’s enrolled in one of these programs (and I don’t think so because in my opinion a khâgne degree isn’t enough to be accepted), or she has to learn Dutch vvvvery quickly.

So Amélie Bracke, could you please come online and tell us a bit more because I’d love to know what Char’s studying right now.

For those who are interested, on this page is a bit more info about admission and knowledge of languages. I cite the website of the UGent : "The language of instruction at Ghent University is Dutch. Only some of the complementary - and advanced studies programmes are taught in English or French."

Last edited:
^ I agree with you in two points:

1. why didn't she come to leuven ???!
2. I can't imagine that her studies in Paris are enough to be accepted at a Master's courese. but maybe she's there as an Erasmus student, as I am here in Leuven. We go to the English lectures for Master students, although we aren't in the Master programme.

Yes, as an erasmus student, that must be it ! Good point ! Why didn't I think about that before ? :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom