Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CasiraghiTrio said:
Well then! Isn't Lycee Fenelon in the heart of the Latin Quarter? It seems to be near to L'esplanade des Invalides. I know it's in the St. germain, isn't this in the "coeur du quartier latin"?
Lycée Fénelon in indeed in the Quartier Latin, but far from the Invalides. The Quartier Latin and Saint-Germain-des-Prés are very "closed".

Last edited:
Suonymona said:
I think Danielane means she did two of the programs, managed to survive three years in them but in the end failed the exam.

Some programs of study (no matter the country) need so much intensive concentration that to effectively focus on them, you can't have much of a life outside of studying!

Ann

Oops, sorry, I wrote "I did it two" instead of "I did it too". I studied three years in khâgne, which is a two-part program: first year without exam, and second year with exam which can be repeated two times (three years to pass the exam). You can't repeat the first part.
And I failed the exam. I had maybe too much outside life these years.

Danielane said:
Lycée Fénelon in indeed in the Quartier Latin, but far from the Invalides. The Quartier Laton and Saint-Germain-des-Prés are very "closed".

Oh ok. It looks close to the Invalides on the city map I have but must be a several blocks' walk. I have never been to Paris except in dreams.

I don't know if you know that in France thereis a big crisis between the governement and the student ! In fact our prime minister had present a contract (CPE) what is so illegal and not fair for futur worker !
So since 1 month in Paris it's absolutly th crisis ! There are so many manifestation of student and the most important is that so many high school are closed by the student who do the strike !
me, I'm at the sorbonne now and I can't go to study and my exam was reprted to september it's horrile! because my school is closed and I wonder me if Charlotte was in the same case of me....... maybe sur since one week high school and lycee show together and closed the school ! so I think she is obliged to stay in her appartement !
and more there are so many pertubation in the "quartier latin". many people burn library and bar my favorite bar during I was in sorbonne was burned by people !!:mad: :(

It's really a big crisis !:eek: :mad: so in that particualr day I think to Charlotte and Iwill be very curoius to know her position in that problem !:)

nb: I hope you understand my very bad english !! LOL

Nina8675 said:
I don't know if you know that in France thereis a big crisis between the governement and the student ! In fact our prime minister had present a contract (CPE) what is so illegal and not fair for futur worker !
So since 1 month in Paris it's absolutly th crisis ! There are so many manifestation of student and the most important is that so many high school are closed by the student who do the strike !
me, I'm at the sorbonne now and I can't go to study and my exam was reprted to september it's horrile! because my school is closed and I wonder me if Charlotte was in the same case of me....... maybe sur since one week high school and lycee show together and closed the school ! so I think she is obliged to stay in her appartement !
and more there are so many pertubation in the "quartier latin". many people burn library and bar my favorite bar during I was in sorbonne was burned by people !!:mad: :(

It's really a big crisis !:eek: :mad: so in that particualr day I think to Charlotte and Iwill be very curoius to know her position in that problem !:)

nb: I hope you understand my very bad english !! LOL

The law isn't illegal, students (most people I should say) just disagree with it, even the highest juridictional authority didn't find anythind wrong with it (legally speaking of course).
As for the schools and unviersities being closed, it's not general, my University isn't closed. Some "prepa" classes are still open too.

Ps: I'm sorry to hear your exams are in September :)
(traduction: je suis désolé pour tes exams, septembre c'est long, je connais des gens à Nanterre et à la Sorbonne et je pensais que vos exams etaient en fin juin. Bon courage!)

Last edited:
We are getting a lot of TV coverage of the terrible riots in France. Whether you agree with the marchers or with the government, you can't help being sympathetic to the situation. I grew up in Paris and love it like no other city...I hate to see the Parisians (indeed, all of France) having to contend with such dreadful times. Stay safe.

i was in paris last year and terribly close to where you guys were all talking about. of course back then i had no idea who charlotte was so i never bothered to peek around.

as for the riots, i'm very interested as what to charlotte's stance on the situation is. and to nina and mari, i hope the situation gets better!

Yeah it sounds pretty bad. I hope the situation gets better too.

Here's a picture of Charlotte's lycée from about a week ago : http://www.takingitglobal.org/images/connections/tigblogs/entryphotos/37059.jpg
I do'nt know how the situation is now in lycée Fénelon but I thought classes are going on normally by now because I read in the papers that the head himself called the police last week to clear 'his' lycée.
I really feel for Charlotte, she needs to study for her 'concours' !

Coquine said:
Here's a picture of Charlotte's lycée from about a week ago : http://www.takingitglobal.org/images/connections/tigblogs/entryphotos/37059.jpg
I do'nt know how the situation is now in lycée Fénelon but I thought classes are going on normally by now because I read in the papers that the head himself called the police last week to clear 'his' lycée.
Thanks for that.Really interesting..

Coquine said:

Thanks for the info but we will be in holidays in 2 days and I really hope that the situation change !:( It's a big problem for Charlotte

ps:Thanks for your support Mari ! I really hope that you're never touch by the problem ! I think it's again possible to pass my exam in june but most of my prof said it's difficult to make up for one trimestre !

Merci pour ton soutien , je pense et j'espére pouvoir passer mes exam en juin but il semble que cela soit difficile pour l'instant rien est officiel pour septembre !mais en prepa vous ne passez pas les examens avant les facs Charlotte va eter embêté alors !:confused:

her studies

OK, now to totally add confusion to the speculation on where she studies. Last year, as anyone may recall, Point du Vue said she was at Lycee Fenelon, a suspicion first introduced to yours truly by "Kastalia" (via email). Now.... shortly after the Rose Ball has taken place, BUNTE magazine of Germany has decided to claim that Charlotte is a student at Lycee Henry IV. BUNTE also overturns the notion that Char is a literature student, claiming she is studying diplomacy, politics and finance.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
OK, now to totally add confusion to the speculation on where she studies. Last year, as anyone may recall, Point du Vue said she was at Lycee Fenelon, a suspicion first introduced to yours truly by "Kastalia" (via email). Now.... shortly after the Rose Ball has taken place, BUNTE magazine of Germany has decided to claim that Charlotte is a student at Lycee Henry IV. BUNTE also overturns the notion that Char is a literature student, claiming she is studying diplomacy, politics and finance.

Is there anyone, that has the BUNTE article or has it been scanned for any group or something like that? I saw the cover last week, but don't buy BUNTE for personal reasons:rolleyes: :eek: :p

In general, BUNTE is quite reliable, well, more than other German magazines.

@Kastalia: Welcome! Happy posting!

Mrs.Smith said:
Is there anyone, that has the BUNTE article or has it been scanned for any group or something like that? I saw the cover last week, but don't buy BUNTE for personal reasons:rolleyes: :eek: :p

In general, BUNTE is quite reliable, well, more than other German magazines.

@Kastalia: Welcome! Happy posting!

I will try to find that link to where BUNTE says this. It wasn't an article though. They had a group of about five pics of Charlotte,and under one of them, in a caption it stated she was a student of Lycee Henry IV in preparation for a career in diplomacy, finance and politics. This is the first time I ever saw anything like that written about Char. But I know the German press is highly questionable when it comes to their stories on royalty, especially the Grimaldis, as they've been wrong a number of times, it seems.
But how could they make up something like that? Either she's going to that school or not. Why would they say it if it's not true? What purpose does it serve?

Thank you very much for the link! Last week or 2 weeks ago, BUNTE had as cover story Caroline and her children with a picture of her and the casiraghis, so I thought it was that article, that gave the information.

I've already read an interview with Karl Lagerfeld in that magazine where he talked about Charlotte + the "boss" of BUNTE is regularly on TV in celebrity magazines as an expert, so BUNTE is not the league of these s*** (sorry!) magazines whose stories are like telenovelas, but they're just a gossip magazine, too, of course. maybe they got wrong information, can't imagine, like you, that they'd make that up.

But its weird that it would be made up since it doesn't serve BUNTE any personal gain.

Is she really in Henry IV? I thought it was Fenelon? I wonder if her plans to take the exam have changed?

Here is the website for Lycee Henry IV: http://lyc-henri4.scola.ac-paris.fr/
If that is her school now, it's really campus. I'm convinced she was at Fenelon for at least a term or a year because she was photographed walking past that big main Fenelon building too many times. But maybe she decided to change course.
or maybe she's been at Henry IV all along and Felix was the one going to Fenelon, or some other friend like Eugenie or Cecile was studying at Fenelon and she'd meet them there. Lord, oh lord, why do the Casiraghis have to be so mysterious?!

^we dated for a while, but i couldn't put up with his scams..... hehehe ;)

oops, i accidently deleted my post, i was trying to add something......
i'll say it again....

i heard she recived really good grades, but the site that had the report card took it off because they thought it was too personal

Last edited:
The report of the final exams result in France are public, so the school made them public by (I think) putting them on a notice board or something; that's what they do also in Italy at the end of the year.

Kisses

Last edited:
Hmmmmm........ I didn't know that. Let everyone see what grades you get must be humiliating if you have poor grades. Thank God we don't do that here in The United States of America.

De La Cruza said:
Hmmmmm........ I didn't know that. Let everyone see what grades you get must be humiliating if you have poor grades. Thank God we don't do that here in The United States of America.
If we had royalty, then I think their (whom ever they would be) would have their grades released! But since we don't, we don't have that problem! But for Charlotte, I don't think she has that problem of being humiliated because she had straight As (or whatever they have in France)!

The law states that public schools make the grades public. I assumed that the school Charlotte was attending was private.

In any case it does sound strange that they would release people's grades. They don't do that here in the US. The only thing you can get is a confirmation if someone actually graduated from the school or not.

the high school i went in my country made the results public. so everyone basically knew who is number one, number 2 and so on....but they only put up the names and grades for those students from number 1 to 100....if i am not mistaken.. it has its pros and cons though...but i saw charlotte's BAC result on the website...and yes it wrote tres bien...or something like that...i do not understand french, but in spanish that would means..very good?

Yeah, she received tres bien for her bac which means very good and her marks somewhere between 17-20 so its the highest you could possibly achieve for bac.

Yes auroraDaniel she had a tres bien which means very good and the link louisgarrel gave is absolutely correct i saw her results at this yahoo group at the folders but i think that you have to be a member in order to see it.She was an excellent student!

ah ha, I just so happen to be a member of that group! So, thanks to the girl who posted it on the group here you have the tres bien report card:

(courtesy of young_royalty )

Back
Top Bottom