The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2005, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
The only Italian word I've ever heard Caroline say in Italian was "Buonasera" during an interview she gave to the Italian state TV back in the '80, then the whole interview went on in French... If that is enough to say a person is fluent in a language... then I can boast of speaking Russian like a native...
You guys are forgetting that Char and Andrea did briefly attend one school in Monaco, before Stefano died. It was a school at St Maur. I know Andy was just six and Char was four when they left, but that was their first formal schooling.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Courtier

I think in France formal school starts at 5 so I guess Char attended some kind of kindergarden in Monaco; anyway in moneguasque school French is the official language, so she wouldn't be speaking anything other than French in kindergarden.

Tosca, the fact that Caro was interviewed in French doesn't necesserily means she doesn't know Italian; Albert, when interviewed by Italian tv speaks sometimes in Italian, sometimes in French, because he feels more comfortable with his first language... I think Caro knows Italian but she is to perfectionist (or arrogant, anyone can choose his own interpetation) to speak it much in public; I've heard many people (who have actually talked to her or met her) say that she speaks a good Italian so I have no reason to doubt it.

Kisses

Old 11-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
I think in France formal school starts at 5 so I guess Char attended some kind of kindergarden in Monaco; anyway in moneguasque school French is the official language, so she wouldn't be speaking anything other than French in kindergarden.

Tosca, the fact that Caro was interviewed in French doesn't necesserily means she doesn't know Italian; Albert, when interviewed by Italian tv speaks sometimes in Italian, sometimes in French, because he feels more comfortable with his first language... I think Caro knows Italian but she is to perfectionist (or arrogant, anyone can choose his own interpetation) to speak it much in public; I've heard many people (who have actually talked to her or met her) say that she speaks a good Italian so I have no reason to doubt it.

Kisses
The kindergarten in France can begin at 2 1/2 or 3.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Commoner

Hi everyone! My sincerely excuses for interrupting the argument :o . But is Charlotte still in Zurs or did she get back to Paris. Where she continues
studying. :)
Old 02-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Gentry

i think that she must be back to school by now.but i am not really sure i just haven't seen any new pictures of her in paris.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane44
i think that she must be back to school by now.but i am not really sure i just haven't seen any new pictures of her in paris.
omg somebody from tampa! gasp!
Old 02-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Judging from the past, they seem to stay in Zurs for the whole month of February. four weeks, or maybe three and a half weeks. The paparazzi usually take pictures on the 2nd or 3rd of the month, or else very late in the month, like the 26th or something around there. sometimes they get pics in the middle of the month, but it always seems to be the whole month that the family are there. I know they stay in that hotel, I forget the name, but I wonder if they have some sort of top-floor or 2-level suite reserved for them, like "the Hanover suite" and it has all of their personal furnishings, all ready for them when they arrive.
No, Caroline and Ernst sometimes stay longer but the casiraghis are never there for more than 2 weeks, during the february school holidays. Every school in france stops for two weeks around this time of the year and many people use this days to go skiing, but they aren't fixed holidays like christmas. They can be there earlier or later depending on whether easter is in march or april that year. So, one year they can be there at the begining of february and another year during the last weeks of the month but never for more than two weeks, the standard holidays of french university.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú
No, Caroline and Ernst sometimes stay longer but the casiraghis are never there for more than 2 weeks, during the february school holidays. Every school in france stops for two weeks around this time of the year and many people use this days to go skiing, but they aren't fixed holidays like christmas. They can be there earlier or later depending on whether easter is in march or april that year. So, one year they can be there at the begining of february and another year during the last weeks of the month but never for more than two weeks, the standard holidays of french university.
More like french High School (prepa included, I think) or Junior High, I'm in College and I didn't get february holidays, but most those who did (and are in College/University) only got 10 days or 1 week (like my sister, who also is in University).
Old 02-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari
More like french High School (prepa included, I think) or Junior High, I'm in College and I didn't get february holidays, but most those who did (and are in College/University) only got 10 days or 1 week (like my sister, who also is in University).
Yes, you are right. But charlotte is in prepa, so she's got two weeks off
Old 02-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú
Yes, you are right. But charlotte is in prepa, so she's got two weeks off
Why is this break in February? Is this just the French version of spring break, but a month early?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

The February break is there winter break for one week and they have a 2 week spring break in April... I loved in at the French university because you had so much time to travel... much better than the US
Old 02-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
The February break is there winter break for one week and they have a 2 week spring break in April... I loved in at the French university because you had so much time to travel... much better than the US
A winter break in February? Maybe its because I'm from the US, but I find that very odd (I'm not sure if thats just me or not)
Old 02-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
A winter break in February? Maybe its because I'm from the US, but I find that very odd (I'm not sure if thats just me or not)
Most schools have a mid-winter break in February.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by M|L
Most schools have a mid-winter break in February.
Where exactly? France or the US? Are you talking about Christmas break? Because Christmas break is in December and early January but it does go into February! Then there is Spring break which is mid-March going on April! So, please clarify for me (sorry, I feel a bit stupid asking about this).
Old 02-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Commoner

I think that you guys call Spring Break (in the USA) is our Easter Holidays in April. The break of February is a winter break of ten days (start a wednesday until a monday) for most of the schools. By school I mean High School and lower Schools as well as Prepa. All universities don't have winter break (I should know I don't) but it depends on a lot of things (your major for example).

But Tutů said that Charlotte was in Prepa, so she must have got at least 10 days.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari
I think that you guys call Spring Break (in the USA) is our Easter Holidays in April. The break of February is a winter break of ten days (start a wednesday until a monday) for most of the schools. By school I mean High School and lower Schools as well as Prepa. All universities don't have winter break (I should know I don't) but it depends on a lot of things (your major for example).

But Tutů said that Charlotte was in Prepa, so she must have got at least 10 days.
But then how about Christmas Break? Do you guys not got time off for that?
Old 02-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Where exactly? France or the US? Are you talking about Christmas break? Because Christmas break is in December and early January but it does go into February! Then there is Spring break which is mid-March going on April! So, please clarify for me (sorry, I feel a bit stupid asking about this).
I'm talking about the US.

There are two winter breaks between December and February.

The Christmas break is over and it's now Mid-winter break.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by M|L
I'm talking about the US.

There are two winter breaks between December and February.

The Christmas break is over and it's now Mid-winter break.
BUT WHAT MID-WINTER BREAK is what I'm trying to say! The next break should be in March which in in the Spring! WINTER IN OVER!! Sorry to be rude!
Old 02-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

^^^^
I guess there is one break more in Europe. I'm from Croatia so I don't know what's the situation like in France. But here people at universities don't have classes for the entire month of February, only exams. But some decide not to take the exams and go skiing instead.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
BUT WHAT MID-WINTER BREAK is what I'm trying to say! The next break should be in March which in in the Spring! WINTER IN OVER!! Sorry to be rude!
In France there is break for Christmas, two weeks, then lessons and mid- or end-January exams at the university, then a february-break, then lessons, then Easter-break (march or april). Break for universities and for schools are slightly different.