Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, please! Some 1st hand info!:bounce:
Okay! So like I said, the girl didn't get to talk to Charlotte. She got this seat which was really really close to Charlotte. She was with Alex and Andrea Dellal. According to the girl, Alex is really ugly live and is a tall guy, but not so much. She said he's about 180cm. His behavior was apparently very childish and it seemed to annoy Charlotte. She said she was under them impression Char didn't like his jokes and looked annoyed over him all the time. And he was taking pictures of everything with an orange camera --I wonder if we've seen this one??--

She also talked about Andrea Dellal. She said she got the impression that Andrea really likes the fact that her son dates Charlotte and tries to take advantage of that. Like using Charlotte to climb socially or something. That part wasn't very clear to me, sorry!

At last, she said Charlotte was really cute live but seemed rather shy! She also said that Charlotte's not very tall. The girl who sat next to her is 161cm and when she stood next to Charlotte she got the impression that Charlie was about 165-167.

Later, when Charlotte was about to start the competition she said she gathered some courage to go talk to Charlotte but her body guard didn't like that and approached her, thus making any kind of contact impossible. At least, she got to wish Charlotte "Good Luck" but apparently Charlotte didn't hear that.

There was also this part when Charlotte elbowed her and she felt like it was some kind of magic moment.:ROFLMAO:

So that's basically it! She took a few pictures but they can't be found at her profile anymore!:flowers:

ps: sorry for the tacky english

That is really impressive! I though you had researched for years and had written a biography.

You don't need to do research to know obvious facts. I know that Buenos Aires is the capital city of Argentina and I didn't need any research or wrote any history book about your country.

If a certain course of studies doesn't exist it doesn't exist. You don't need to research anything.
Do unicorns and sirens exist? Can you answer this question without doing research?
If you think that you can follow the course of studies Caroline is suposed to have follow, please be so kind to post a link that shows that it is posible, or at least, the exact quote of that book you own.

Oh, one thing I forgot to add, I hope it doesn't sound snooty to say this but this girl from whom I read the text on the encounter with Charlotte is a bit dumb. So I don't know how much of these impressions are correct..

You don't need to do research to know obvious facts. I know that Buenos Aires is the capital city of Argentina and I didn't need any research or wrote any history book about your country.

If a certain course of studies doesn't exist it doesn't exist. You don't need to research anything.
Do unicorns and sirens exist? Can you answer this question without doing research?
If you think that you can follow the course of studies Caroline is suposed to have follow, please be so kind to post a link that shows that it is posible, or at least, the exact quote of that book you own.

I don´t get how you can speak about certainty if you state that you don't know anything for sure about Caroline studies. It is realy absurd that you want to deny information based on interviews, investigation. That is how a biography is written.

Of course the book is not available online, and as fas as I know is not available in English. This is a fragment from his book, and all I´m going to discuss with you. You are free to believe or in this case disbelieve whatever you want.

Todo estaba listo en Paris para que diera comienzo el curso 75-76. Carolina regresa a la capital francesa llena de entusiasmo y buenas intenciones. Tan decidida a cambiar está que empieza por cambiar sus estudios. Ahora, decide preparar su licenciatura en filosofia y psicología infantil en la Sorbona. Page 83

...habla 4 idiomas, es Licenciada en Filosofia con orientación en Psicologia infantil.. Page 118

BIOGRAFIA DE CAROLINA - EAN: 9788440622747 - Tus libros los puedes comprar en Librerias Proteo, Prometeo y Ocasion

Last edited:
rosana said:
I don´t get how you can speak about certainty if you state that you don't know anything for sure about Caroline studies. It is realy absurd that you want to deny information based on interviews, investigation. That is how a biography is written.

Not to get involved but biographies are not always 100% true/certain either ......

Not to get involved but biographies are not always 100% true/certain either ......

I don´t see how Roig can benefit from liying on Carolines´studies after having talked to her classmates, her friends at that time. This is not a gossip book that you can expect to speak nonsense only to sell.

rosana said:
I don´t see how Roig can benefit from liying on Carolines´studies after having talked to her classmates, her friends at that time. This is not a gossip book that you can expect to speak nonsense only to sell.

I didn't say she lied or would benefit, I said they aren't always accurate which means maybe her research was off or she got the info from a source that does benefit from lying about it......if her info came from classmates rather then school enrollment official papers or such, maybe classmates lied, or misrepresented themselves or whatever their motives may have- I am not saying that happened I am saying it COULD have
......and personally I believe both Caroline and Charolette's 'official' education biography have been a bit fluffed up but that's my opinion which I have a right too

Last edited:

But Rosana, my point is that certain things don't need to be investigated. :flowers: Like: "to enter university in France you 1st need to pass your bac" Imagine that there were no information about Caroline's bac. Doesn't matter. If she went to university you can asume that she passed her bac because that's how the system works. There are rules that apply to everybody.
If you tell me, "in 1980, after 2 years of studies this person got her maîtrise in french history", I will tell you "no, that's not possible, because the system doesn¡t allow it". It's not that I have a weird interest in proving you wrong :flowers:. I've read the quote, the books says what it says, but books lie and are often misinformed, specially books about personalities who are still alive.

I don't know how the argentinian school system works. Maybe is as flexible as the us system. But the french system, pre-Bologna, was awfully rigid, and that course of studies was simply impossible, it's not something you need to investigate. It's an evidence.
To get a maîtrise (the equivalent of licenciatura) you had to study 4 years. It's not debatable or worth investigating, is a fact. And Caroline didn't spend 4 years at Sorbonne. She married Junot in 1978. It is obvious that she didn't even finish her philosophy studies.

Also, there is no posible combination of studies between psicology and philosophy. Psicology is not even taught in the university Caroline went to. It's not that I refused to believe you, it's that what that biographer said it's not possible. Such course of studies does not exist.

Todo estaba listo en Paris para que diera comienzo el curso 75-76. Carolina regresa a la capital francesa llena de entusiasmo y buenas intenciones. Tan decidida a cambiar está que empieza por cambiar sus estudios. Ahora, decide preparar su licenciatura en filosofia y psicología infantil en la Sorbona. Page 83

...habla 4 idiomas, es Licenciada en Filosofia con orientación en Psicologia infantil.. Page 118

BIOGRAFIA DE CAROLINA - EAN: 9788440622747 - Tus libros los puedes comprar en Librerias Proteo, Prometeo y Ocasion[/QUOTE]

Ok, she doesn´t have two degrees for sure. She probably studied Phylosophy and then did minor studies or courses in Children´s Psychology, don´t know where. I once read she wanted to work with special children. But it is possible she completed her studies after the divorce because she still lived in Paris while she was dating Rossellini.
Many people who has met her agree on her being brilliant. It is hard for me to disbelieve the Palace page. It would be so classles to lie on this. She doesn´t need it.
Sorry for the off topic.

There is no thread about Caroline's university studies as far as I know, so here is my two cents' worth.

In the early seventies, Point de Vue, so certain were they of Caroline's intellectual capacities, announced in error that she had passed the competitive exam after her year at Dauphine, Sciences Politiques, (Sciences Po, as it was called), which leads to studies to enter the prestigious school of ENA, which many politicians came and still come from. The next week they corrected their misinformation. Students had alerted them that Caroline was not on the list of the "reçus", (meaning "passed", displayed in front of the school for all to see, a dramatic moment for all concerned). I think the magazine added that her mother would see to it that Caroline calmed down for the coming summer and fall. I was always amused that Caroline later explained her failure by blaming the dumbness of courses that demanded only memorization, indicating, I suppose, that she was much too smart for the program of studies.

As far as finishing a degree, you can take courses by correspondance, (or Internet I imagine, nowadays), and go the local embassy or consulate to take the final exam. At least, in the seventies, you could still do it that way if you lived abroad.

If this system still exists, that would explain why we don't see young royals and young people like the Casiraghis attending classes. There are long distance options.

I remember the pictures of Charlotte in front of Fénelon, wearing glasses and looking like the rest of the students, happily chatting in a group. From the picture, you couldn't sense any snobbery.

What does all this nonsense have to do with Charlotte? Seriously, I thought this thread was about Charlotte, not her mother.

My only comment on this is what I said last year, Charlotte is special and will always be so, combine that with her beauty, intelligence, pedigree, et al, there will always be those that are envious of her, and try to take her down a notch, just like in high school, which I'm sure you all can relate to.

I find this unfortunate since she has no title, but she does have all the other attributes stated above, therefore this makes her an object of envy.

Let's get back on topic, Charlotte and her current events, which was that she was last seen at AMADE, and looked gorgeous, as always. :cool:

Ok, she doesn´t have two degrees for sure. She probably studied Phylosophy and then did minor studies or courses in Children´s Psychology, don´t know where. I once read she wanted to work with special children. But it is possible she completed her studies after the divorce because she still lived in Paris while she was dating Rossellini.
Many people who has met her agree on her being brilliant. It is hard for me to disbelieve the Palace page. It would be so classles to lie on this. She doesn´t need it.
Sorry for the off topic.

I have read this argument, or debate between you and Trep, and others, and it is interesting. I am more inclined to agree with Trep on this argument. I do believe that Caroline's edu and Charlotte's edu are "fluffed." I believe both of them are well educated, so please don't get me wrong. Both have a lot of exposure to things in the world that some of us may never experience. But I believe that it is highly unlikely Caroline got a degree in both children's psychology and philosophy. I can believe she got her degree in one, and then she took some courses on the other. I believe it is most likely she formally studied philosophy at the Sorbonne, and that she took some courses, attended some seminars, on children's psychology.
Trep is right. There are things that don't require RESEARCH. There are some things that are just common sense. Lots of people say things and their words are translated partially or communicated out of context or incorrectly, and then people like biographers are publishing something that is inaccurate -- they don't mean to do this, but it happens when you are writing about a living person who is as intensely private as Caroline. They aren't necessarily lying; they were just given incomplete or incorrectly translated information. If a biographer is relying on fellow students of the princess, it is even more possible to get things wrong. What do fellow students know? Just look @ all this gossip about Charlotte and her fellow students @ Fenelon! Someone calling her snobbish or something? That is an impression. we cannot read too much into these kind of impressions and treat them as absolute facts! Context is everything!

I personally believe both mother and daughter have a kind of degree from the Sorbonne, in Charlotte's case a License. Caroline probably has a License as well. But we don't know because the Palais.mc site is not very specific. They just say Caroline "studied" these subjects at La Sorbonne. They don't say what her degree is. So it's very vague anyway.

Degrees are just paper, guys. Try not to read too much into it. Degrees do not say much about a person's intelligence. It's just something to frame and put on a wall in one's office. Caroline and Charlotte are both much mroe than their degrees, if they even have them, as some of us assume they do. :flowers:

PC's major was in philosophy and minor in psychology. I am assuming it was a license . Charlotte's major was philosophy and literature. I think hers was a license also. I have never seen either of them alleging to have a masters degree. I don't know if the lit was a major or minor but it doesn't require any extra work to have a double major. You just have fewer electives. I have a double major and I was a lousy student. I consider a license to be the equivalent of an American bachelor's degree. I don't see what the big deal is or why they would lie about it. Millions of people have college degrees. The Sorbonne is a very good school but it's not Ivy League level.

Hi! I haven't posted before but just wanted to add a few things to this discussion. First, it seems they want to model her as a modern day Jacqueline Bouvier which I am just not buying. Jackie, known as an avid reader, was always photographed with books and there are many, many pictures of her reading and surrounded by her books. I've never seen one picture of Charlotte reading. I think they have some insecurities about her intellectual abilities and want to make up for that. I'm in shock that someone who reads so much doesn't have the equivalent of a US bachelors (because higher education is basically reading enormous amounts) ... I am the same age as Charlotte and recently finished my masters.. I have many friends who are in law school/graduate school at top US schools (which are also the best schools in the world) so I'm not buying that she dropped because "she is such a perfectionist". The truth is.. Grace didn't even get into college, that's why she went into acting, and I've read in several books that Caroline dropped due to poor grades and partying. However, that said.. I'm always blown away at how thoughtful and well spoken Grace and Caroline came off in interviews. There's no need to try and present them to the world as something they are so obviously not. They have other considerable talents. I get the impression from reading other posts concerning Charlotte's education and equestrian career that others also question the authenticity of the image she wishes to present.

Hi! I haven't posted before but just wanted to add a few things to this discussion. First, it seems they want to model her as a modern day Jacqueline Bouvier which I am just not buying. Jackie, known as an avid reader, was always photographed with books and there are many, many pictures of her reading and surrounded by her books. I've never seen one picture of Charlotte reading. I think they have some insecurities about her intellectual abilities and want to make up for that. I'm in shock that someone who reads so much doesn't have the equivalent of a US bachelors (because higher education is basically reading enormous amounts) ... I am the same age as Charlotte and recently finished my masters.. I have many friends who are in law school/graduate school at top US schools (which are also the best schools in the world) so I'm not buying that she dropped because "she is such a perfectionist". The truth is.. Grace didn't even get into college, that's why she went into acting, and I've read in several books that Caroline dropped due to poor grades and partying. However, that said.. I'm always blown away at how thoughtful and well spoken Grace and Caroline came off in interviews. There's no need to try and present them to the world as something they are so obviously not. They have other considerable talents. I get the impression from reading other posts concerning Charlotte's education and equestrian career that others also question the authenticity of the image she wishes to present.

I absolutely do not think that Grace Kelly became an actress and ended up being at the summit of her chosen profession -- won two Oscar nominations in her short acting career and won the statuette for Best Actress, and is still hugely regarded as one of the greatest movie stars of all time -- because she did not go to college! Hats off to this legendary woman for accomplishing all that she has despite not having the support and belief of her family, and for wisely choosing her legacy. And in doing so, a previously obscure principality and Princely Family is deemed in a much grander and significant scale.

I also do not buy that assumption that they are trying to sell Charlotte Casiraghi as the new, modern Jacqueline Bouvier. Magazine Editors themselves will veto such an angle, especially since you have the phenomenal legacy of beauty and fashion that the Grimaldi women possess. They do not even try to sell Caroline Kennedy and her daughters as Jackie molds. Charlotte herself I think is least interested in such a public relations move. Why need Jackie when you have Grace Kelly in your family tree?

Last edited:

Caroline finished her studies. Some people are not sure here. but I read it in her biography she has a dedree in Philosophy.

Neither do I get why Charlotte left her studies if she likes so muh to read. With much effort and much reading she shouldn´t have any problem in getting a degree.

I don't find it unbelievable that Charlotte likes to read. Is it that uncommon? I know PG would never let her kids watch TV on school nights and I assume PC raised her kids the same way. Even PS and PA have said in interviews that they don't watch TV much. I have seen at least 2 pictures of Charlotte reading. One was on a skiing vacation and the other on Pacha III. Being a reader would not sell magazines in the US.

As far as their income, I don't know if they get paid by PA or not. The Casiraghis would have income from their deceased father's companies. Charlotte also gets paid by Gucci for sure and I am guessing other fashion houses, watch makers, shoe cos. etc. for wearing their products. I think that because she seems to change sneakers, watches, cars every couple years. Also, have you noticed how she holds the face of her phone to the camera sometimes. I've seen Lagerfeld do the same thing.

Grace Kelly did not get into college - this is a fact. She obviously had other talents, but she wasn't the intellectual type. PC doesn't strike me as the intellectual type either, but again.. I still believe she has other, impressive talents.
Paparazzi photos capture these people at random moments.. If she's such a book worm you would think this would somehow be reflected in the vast amount of photos that have been taken over the course of her life.
I'm not impressed by her reading list either, considering I know girls her age that work at Goldmans, JPMorgan and have multiple degrees from Ivy league or top tier American universities. ( Girls who i might add .. Also don't 'need' to work) Trying to pass her off as an intellectual when she doesn't even have the US equivalent of a bachelors is a joke. And again, I question the authenticity of her image.

Also where did you read that PC finished her degree? Can u provide authors names/sources?? In a book written by Jill C. Wheeler in 1992 it says that she did not finish (while studying political science i believe) and failed out due to partying

My apologies.. I don't know how to edit my previous post.. I wanted to add my source for Princess Grace not getting into college - I read it in:
High Society: The Life of Grace Kelly By Donald Spoto.
In it he writes that Grace was not admitted into her school of choice for college and at that point decided to pursue a career in acting.
Now, I know wikipedia is not a good source (I have worked in research, I am very aware of this!) but they say the same thing:

Because of low mathematics scores, Kelly was rejected by Bennington College in July 1947.[citation needed] To the dismay of her parents—Kelly decided to pursue her dreams of a career in the theater.

I admire PG, PC and Charlotte very much... but simply put, they do not in any way strike me as intellectuals. Someone like Queen Rania (who delivers thought provoking speeches at Davos, and offers her opinion on such important matters as the Middle East Conflict) is a royal woman who I do consider to be an intellectual. I think the image that has been cooked up for Charlotte is a huge stretch, and not really believable. Recent interviews have affirmed my feelings, and I also get the impression (from reading posts on this forum) that others feel the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if Daniel Spoto is the most reliable of authors. As far as PG going to college, the whole point of college is to get a degree, enter a profession and better your life. She accomplished all of the above without a college degree.
Intellectual is something, perhaps a little different. I have known many, many american, euro, etc that went to college even got an advanced degree (Russia has a very advanced education system, math, science) who were NOT intellectuals!!!
As far a Caroline and Charlotte, there has been speculation ad nauseum on here whether they finished university, earned degrees. I think, although there really is no proof either way, that they did not. When you are a high profile public figure your inviteted back to your alma mater to give speeches hand out degree's, give out donations, etc. From what I've seen PC never goes back to her alma mater.
With that said, I think, from what I've read and observed, I think Caroline IS an intellectual, and Charlotte is not. I'm a huge fan of both, and they have very similar habits, lifestyle, etc.
But I think Caroline can talk with great authority on many different subjects
art, philosophy, history, fashion, culture, politics, in what 5? 7? languages...:ohmy:
Charlotte, I think is very intelligent, but I wonder if she is any where near her mother in these aspects???

Last edited:
Why are people so obsessed with college degrees??
Would it improve the image you have of Caroline and Charlotte if they had a degree?

What would be the purpose of charlotte continuing this degree? Either teaching or doing academic research. But there are milions of people in this world who are serious cultivated and intelligent but they do not like teaching and they do not effect academic research. Why charlotte should do it? It becomes an obsession in this forum a charlottecharlotte studying again and again! People often stop studying and do other things!

Maybe because it's common for people to go to collage so they expect famous people to do so!

Oops,forgot about that.Well,you can't please anyone.

Why are people so obsessed with college degrees??
Would it improve the image you have of Caroline and Charlotte if they had a degree?

Of course it would! a degree is a major accomplishment. I think Charlotte not finishing her degree makes her look like a slacker.. not 'such a perfectionist'. The truth is.. I could care less if she has a degree or not. And I agree that there are plenty of idiots out there with degrees.. but I'm a results oriented person. I don't buy the intellectual, perfectionist image that they are trying to sell.. in recent interviews it has been so emphasized so much. I think its a huge stretch and not genuine.

And there are just as many successful people who don't have college degrees.

I agree that the concept of Charlotte of being a perfectionist might not jibe with the fact that she didn't finish her collegiate career. But you can take it the other way: she has a lot of interests, and they might be more of a priority right now, hence she decided to focus on them and not her studies...as such the timing and/or the circumstances would not be perfect for finishing school.

And really, unless she needs her degree for job prospects (I mean lets be serious does she really need to work) does it matter? People start and finish colleges at all ages. If it means that much to her she can go back when she is 30, 40, 50 or 80.

In the States (and I am sure its the same elsewhere) there are always these feel good stories of older people going back to finish a school career that they was interrupted by the Civil Rights movement, WWII or Vietnam, or a family members death or illness. If its in your heart and you really want it, you will work for it.

Last edited:
But she DID so. She finished he degree! She just did not go further, but many students so!

She did not. She gave up after prepa, so she never finished her license. I already explained french university system in a previous post. I'm french, I have a master (bac+5), so believe me: I know very well how it is in french universities and I can assure you that Charlotte never finished her degree she is bac+0.

I agree that the concept of Charlotte of being a perfectionist might not jibe with the fact that she didn't finish her collegiate career. But you can take it the other way: she has a lot of interests, and they might be more of a priority right now, hence she decided to focus on them and not her studies...as such the timing and/or the circumstances would not be perfect for finishing school.

And really, unless she needs her degree for job prospects (I mean lets be serious does she really need to work) does it matter? People start and finish colleges at all ages. If it means that much to her she can go back when she is 30, 40, 50 or 80.

In the States (and I am sure its the same elsewhere) there are always these feel good stories of older people going back to finish a school career that they was interrupted by the Civil Rights movement, WWII or Vietnam, or a family members death or illness. If its in your heart and you really want it, you will work for it.

Well said !!! You couldn't say it better!!!! :)

I agree that Charlotte is one person who really does NOT have to work a day in her life! and I can't hate her for that, she's extremely lucky and I think she's always presented herself in an appropriate manner- not flashing her wealth around & throwing it in people's faces (Paris Hilton style) and I think that is very admirable.

But this image they want to create is so desperate. If she's soooooo smart, why not put those mental abilities to good use?? Why waste them?? There are many people who have degrees and impressive jobs who don't actually need to work... They choose to do this because they want to remain intellectually engaged and want to contribute their intellectual abilities to the well-being of society. Charlotte must be an ego-maniac if she wants to perpetuate this image of a perfectionist intellectual when theres nothing in her background that can actually prove it.

From what I read on this forum about the reality of her equestrian career vs. the way she wishes to portray it .. it makes me think that her public image is a huge farce cooked up by some great public relations consultant in Monaco. The reality (what we see in the vast photographic documentation of her life & her actual accomplishments) doesn't match up with the image that is presented whenever she does official interviews or provides information about her background.

^ I even think that Charlotte wants to be the anti-Paris Hilton. She is very discreet, mysterious (all of these qualities that Paris Hilton doesn't have!) she always denied being a socialite. And I think that this new image of Charlotte-the-intellectual is built in opposition to all the Hilton-Kardashian "myth". I liked Charlotte because of her mysterious behaving but now I still can't understand: why this Vogue interview? Why this perfect image of an intellectual girl? Maybe because, as AmericanQueen said in her excellent post, Charlotte must be "ego-maniac".

Back
Top Bottom