The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

Andrea is studying law in New York ?! I never expected he would be interested in law.
Thanks for the information though. Now we finally know what Andrea has been up to lately.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Nobility

How do you know Andrea is studing law? I've never read taht Charlotte was studing litterature... All I've read here and elsewhere is tat Pierre is studing econimics.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

it doesn't say that andrea studies law (it says that another one does ), who could be pierre. cause he studied law for a year 2005/2006 in paris but then switched to business in milan this past year. it may an old interview of albert's or some distorted statements of his
Old 06-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Courtier

The statement was neither distorted nor old. A couple of weeks ago he said in a tv interview the Casiraghi were studying in Paris, Milan and New York, literary studies, Law and Economics; as we know Char is studying Philosophy and literature, Pierre is studying economics, it is safe to assume Andrea might be studying law...
Old 06-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Nobility

Oh, I didn't know Charlotte was studying philosophy and literature... Well law sounds like he could be fit to rule one day...
Old 06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

I thought Pierre was the one studying law? There's no way Andrea could be in actual law school with the amount of traveling that he does. Law school is HARD. And law students are in their books all the time. Also, he moved to NY in January. As far as I know, you can't enter law school mid-semester. Maybe he's doing a pre-law course but I doubt it's actual LAW SCHOOL. Also, did Andrea even graduate from university? He would need a bachelor's degree or equivalent to be in a US law school.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Nobility

Why does he need to graduate from university? Isn't university where he's studying law?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica View Post
Why does he need to graduate from university? Isn't university where he's studying law?
it depends. In the US:

Law school=professional degree after finishing 4 year university degree.

If he's just doing a major in legal studies or pre-law, that's a completely different thing. He wouldn't be a lawyer upon graduating.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Can someone post the article, or the video so we can see for ourselves what Albert said;so it's clear?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
it depends. In the US:

Law school=professional degree after finishing 4 year university degree.

If he's just doing a major in legal studies or pre-law, that's a completely different thing. He wouldn't be a lawyer upon graduating.
Oh, Ok, I understand now, it's the same here, it's just we don't call it law school but professional degree, it's like 10 additional exams to become a lawyer...
Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Courtier

We're sure Pierre is studying economics and pretty sure Charlotte is studying Literary subjects at Sorbonne, so that would logically leave Andrea and law...anyway, Albert was not specific about exactly who was studying what: hypothetically Char could be studying both law and literature, and Andrea might be taking time off; anyway it was reported Andrea studied in the American University in Paris so at one point he was studying something at a university level. The law study is mostly assumption based on Albert's sentence.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Gentry

- During the tv show "Tenue de soirée "Albert 2 said Andrea studies in New York, Charlotte in Paris and Pierre in Milan and he added that one studied literature and the other the law and the another business.

I conclude that andrea studies litérature and Charlotte the law (to me, it's odd)and Pierre the business according to the words of Albert and the order of his sentence

I have studied for six years in the Sorbonne and I never saw Charlotte. I met Charlotte in 2005 in the subway and I know or it makes its races and some of these practices but maintaining its practices have to change…

good night.

Trio Casiraghi Fans
Old 06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

I think he had to answer the question somehow (if it was such an interview) and he did it ambiguously. Albert couldn't have said that andrea lives in Ny and does nothing, nor that pierre burns the gas in milan, and fails all the exams, or charlotte is attending fashion shows and social events. In theory they may all be enrolled in schools, but it doesn't mean they actually attend classes or pass exams. I wonder for how long they will be portraid as being students, until they are 30 maybe, and then what's going to be their official occupation I wonder??
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Commoner

jean paul sarte is a pessimistic philosopher!! his works is somehow very idealistic. anyways charlotte appreciate his work!! is she studyin philosophy in sorbonne just like her mom did?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Nobility

Hello magazine said that Andrea was studying media and visual arts,but definately not Law
Old 06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Aristocracy

In this week's issue of Point de Vue, there is an article about Andrea's new foundation and he says that he's studying political science in New York. So I guess we can stop the speculation now. I find it surprising that his uncle doesn't know what he's studying.
About Andrea studying visual arts, wasn't there an article about his AMADE trip that said he was studying visual arts and political science at the AUP at the time ?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

OK, so we know he meant political science when he said law. Yes, two different courses of study and 2 completely different degrees (as law is a professional degree).

Old 06-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is Andrea's new foundation for?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

LA FONDATION MOTRICE - Recherche sur la Motricité Cérébrale - Sorry, I don't have the time to scan the whole article.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks