The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2007, 12:43 AM

Lifestyle of the Three Casiraghis

Hello! Can someone educate me? I will be happy to be proven wrong in my perception. I'm rather new to this whole royalty thing, but my question is this: what exactly do the three Casiraghis actually "do"? I'm curious whether any of them have done any university study? With the exception of a humanitarian trip that Andrea made a few months ago, do any of them do anything in the way of "giving back" to others? Maybe what I see with them is the norm for people in their eschelon, but it seems that with them, more than any other royal family (and they aren't actually "royal"), all they are ever seen doing is jet-setting, partying, vacationing and shopping. I see William and Harry more involved, humanitarian things, military, etc. I'm curious what others think. Many thanks!

Old 01-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Gentry

Charlotte is in Paris. She studies Philosophy at the Sorbonne. She is an incredibly intelligent young woman. She does party a bit but who doesn't at that age. As far as her brothers they are very active in AMADE and other causes. I am sure there are plenty of members that can elaborate. The reason you don't see much of them except when they are vacationing and shopping is because those types of pictures sell magazines.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 AM
Serene Highness

I read somewhere that Pierre studies in Italy, but I don't know what and where. Andrea was said to attend International University in Paris. Recently Andrea was with his girlfriend, Tatiana in New York, so I'm not sure if he's at school right now.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-17-2007, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
I read somewhere that Pierre studies in Italy, but I don't know what and where. Andrea was said to attend International University in Paris. Recently Andrea was with his girlfriend, Tatiana in New York, so I'm not sure if he's at school right now.
Pierre is studying in Milan, in the very famous Bocogni University, economics. This is a very prestigious economic schools, one of the best in Europe.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekehhk
Hello! Can someone educate me? I will be happy to be proven wrong in my perception. I'm rather new to this whole royalty thing, but my question is this: what exactly do the three Casiraghis actually "do"? I'm curious whether any of them have done any university study? With the exception of a humanitarian trip that Andrea made a few months ago, do any of them do anything in the way of "giving back" to others? Maybe what I see with them is the norm for people in their eschelon, but it seems that with them, more than any other royal family (and they aren't actually "royal"), all they are ever seen doing is jet-setting, partying, vacationing and shopping. I see William and Harry more involved, humanitarian things, military, etc. I'm curious what others think. Many thanks!
Everybody is right:
Pierre studies in a prestigious economic school in Milan.
Charlotte had top marcks at her bac exam and has been pursuing high level studies for 2 years. Now she apparently studies philosophy.
Andrea does not seem to be a good student since he failed his bac the 1st year, but his girlfriend Tatiana is studying in New York so he probably is there too.

As for the comparision with Harry and Willian we can't really compare. The casiraghis are private people who live on their personal family fortunes and have no responsabilty with any citizens. They are private individuals and if they decide to get involved in something like AMADE is their choice but they have no real obligations.
Even if Albert does not have children and Andrea becomes the Prince of Monaco, Monaco is a very peculiar place more similar to a private company than to a country. The citizens do not even pay taxes and there is no even a real democracy since the prince ,who is not elected by the people, has real power in the goverment wich never happens in a democracy. It is a very peculiar place and the prince is more like the president of a big company than an actual ruler.
Harry and William on the other hand belong to a royal family. As any other royals in Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Belgium or the Netherlands they don't have any real political power since all these are democratic countries. They only have representation fonctions and more importantly they recieve a yearly allowance to do so perfectly, and this allowance comes from the citizens taxes. Even if they have a personal fortune they live on public money and they are public political figures and their JOB is to represent their country in political and social events aswell as taking part in humanitarian, cultural and military activities.

So the big difference is that the casiraghis are private persons who can do whatever they feel with their lifes while royals, like Harry and William, have a public charge and so, a JOB to perform.
Hope that explanation helps.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

We also have to remember that Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre are not TITLED. They do not have OFFICIAL duties and responsibilities. I agree it would be nice to see them handing out the toys during Christmas but who am I to say what they should be doing? They are young, rich and enjoying life.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-18-2007, 05:32 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

I, too, am pretty confused about what Andrea does. Where did he go to school to prepare for the bac the second time ? I doubt he went back to the same lycee. Where did he go to school after he obtained the bac ? What is he majoring in at the International University in Paris (or in New York) ?
Old 01-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Gentry

Didn't he study inCanada or something?
And BTW, they're (Casiraghis) rich, it's not like if they'll be spending their summer working in MacDonald's.....
Old 01-18-2007, 10:51 PM

MANY THANKS, everyone above - I found all the responses very interesting. Thanks for addressing my question all!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

We really don't know if Andrea is finished. I didn't know Tatiana had finished her "undergraduate" work (whatever the name is in France). She's doing graduate work now so she must have some sort of degree. So it's possible that Andrea is done with school. Lafawnduh is right: they have the luxury of not working. Maybe he will do more charity work.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Commoner

I don't know about Andrea's schooling, but I do know that several British and American magazines have mentioned that he is looking for apartments in NYC where he will live with Tatiana.

Anna
Old 01-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Courtier

When Andrea was in the Philippines he conversed with a journalist who later on wrote an article on his visit. The journalist mentioned that Andrea was studying international politics at the American University in Paris.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Just curious : Did Andrea pass the bac or did he choose to study in Montreal and an American university because he never bothered to try taking it again ?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Nobility

does anybody know which sorbonne university charlotte goes to ? many thanks :)
Old 01-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraDaniel
does anybody know which sorbonne university charlotte goes to ? many thanks :)
Sorbonne IV, that´s what i read.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

yes he is, where is he going to university again?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailstalia
yes he is, where is he going to university again?
I think someone a while back said he's going to some school called Bocconi to study economy, I think (but don't take my word for it though)
Old 06-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Gentry

Hi everybody

Yesterday , on a tv show, Prince Albert 2 said about trio Casiraghi :

Andrea studies in New York, Pierre studies at Milan and Char in Paris.

He said : One of them studies Litterature, another studies Law and (I suppose is Pierre) Pierre studies Businness.

I don't know if it's a news for you but I post that.

Good night
Old 06-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheanderos2001 View Post
Hi everybody

Yesterday , on a tv show, Prince Albert 2 said about trio Casiraghi :

Andrea studies in New York, Pierre studies at Milan and Char in Paris.

He said : One of them studies Litterature, another studies Law and (I suppose is Pierre) Pierre studies Businness.

I don't know if it's a news for you but I post that.

Good night
what tv show was it?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Gentry

"Tenue de soirée" (with Michel Drucker in Monaco at "la salle des étoiles du sporting Monte Carlo) on Reunion island TV (Télé Réunion): There are Prince Albert and Princess Stéphanie ... and Carl Lagerfeld and singers (Emmanuel Moire)...(no Princess Caroline)

sorry for may very bad english