Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and what up whit charlotte ? is she studying in this year ? i think not , but you tell ..
kisses

i think she's done with studies..man,i used to love this thread about their uni life.:heart:

Here is what we know about their EDU:

Charlotte
  1. LFC - Fontainebleau, passed Bac with excellent score 2004
  2. Fenelon Paris, finished CPGE 2006
  3. Sorbonne IV, finished 3rd year of License, 2007

Andrea
  • International School of Paris, 2003
  • McGill Uni, 2003/04 academic year?
  • AUP, 2004/05-2007? (international studies? and visual arts)
  • Eugene Lang College, The New School, 2007-2009? (political science?)

Pierre
  • LFC - Fontainebleau, finished Bac in 2005
  • Bocconi Uni, started in fall 2006, finished June 2009 (left? graduated?)
  • Very short training (1-2 weeks?) with Monaco's Compagnie des Carabiniers (fall 2007)

What's the story on Pierre? I thought he signed up for a three-year degree course in Economics, if he left in 2009 that gives him plenty of time to have finished it. But he just left? I am confused.

Pierre
  • LFC - Fontainebleau, finished Bac in 2005
  • Bocconi Uni, started in fall 2006, finished June 2009 (left? graduated?)
  • Very short training (1-2 weeks?) with Monaco's Compagnie des Carabiniers (fall 2007)

What's the story on Pierre? I thought he signed up for a three-year degree course in Economics, if he left in 2009 that gives him plenty of time to have finished it. But he just left? I am confused.

I revise my theory on Pierre.......
He attended Bocconi University from Spring 2006 through Fall 2008, gaining a degree of International Economics, Finance, and Management, December 2008. Since he started in the middle, he finished in the middle.
And during Toussaint in October he trained with the Carabiniers.

Sounds like a plausible theory. Now if we just had facts to back that up. :ROFLMAO:

I revise my theory on Pierre.......
He attended Bocconi University from Spring 2006 through Fall 2008, gaining a degree of International Economics, Finance, and Management, December 2008. Since he started in the middle, he finished in the middle.
And during Toussaint in October he trained with the Carabiniers.

I think he started Bocconi University in September 2006. All courses at that University start in September. The fastest students that started with him to graduate, must have graduated in June 2009, since it is a 3 years course. So he couldn't graduate before.

I think he started Bocconi University in September 2006. All courses at that University start in September. The fastest students that started with him to graduate, must have graduated in June 2009, since it is a 3 years course. So he couldn't graduate before.
I've read that he left and never actually graduated from Bocconi, starting in 2006, a leaving early 2009.

So you really cannot start there in a spring semester?

If you're right, he probably didn't finish because it seems that he left the university after fall 2008 semester he wasn't doing it anymore. I figured he graduated, and the only way is if he started in Spring 2006, instead of fall 2006. But if he really started in September like you say, I think he did not graduate.

I'm not sure about the UK, but in most countries in continental europe, there isn't such a thing as a spring semester. Either you start in september/october or you wait till next year.

^True.I also think that in UK you can apply and if they accept you,you can take a gap year (to travel,for languages,etc).But i'm not sure.

I'm not sure about the UK, but in most countries in continental europe, there isn't such a thing as a spring semester. Either you start in september/october or you wait till next year.

Then in that case Pierre started September 2006, because he definitely waited a year after he took the bac to start at Bocconi. So you could say he took a 'gap year.' So.....

he finished the back in June 2005

The BOCCONI YEARS
1) September 2006-June 2007
2) September 2007-June 2008

3) September 2008-June 2009

The thing is, it seems like he stopped going to school after December 2008, so he just dropped instead of just doing the one more semester?

I don't think he finished. I saw in the old current events threads that some tabloids had been saying that he had trouble with the exams and even failed exams one year so maybe he had to repeat a semester and then eventually just gave up? I mean, he knew he would have a job no matter what, degree or no. I'm sure Marco was planning to give him the Engeco shares regardless of his having a degree or not. Granted, it would be better for him to have the degree, because it would only help him be a better business person, but he can still learn to be good from the on-the-job/hands on training from his family.

Here is my final theory on Pierre's edu.

He began in September 2006. He failed his exams, according to one of his classmates ("Trilly", see current events threads), scoring a 3, which is far below the minimum pass of 18. So he had to repeat that year. So:

2005-2006: He had a gap year after the Bac exam.
2006-2007: Failed year @ Bocconi
2007-2008: Repeated first year
2008-2009: Second year, assuming he passed
June 2009: He took over majority shares of Engeco S.A.-Monaco. Beatrice finished her degree of laws.
2009-2010: Third year, assuming he passed
June 2010: We haven't seen him graduate. Maybe he quit the program, or.... OR perhaps he failed and is repeating third year as of last September.

It is so confusing - trying to figure out how university works outside the US. Here, we typically graduate from high school (or secondary sch), then on to college directly (some people may take a year off, or attend a 2-yr community college, then onto a 4-yr univ....considering how expensive it's getting!). It seems that they dabble in a university here, try another program somewhere else....then, you don't hear anything about them graduating from anywhere. Prince Albert we know went to Amherst in the US (VERY competitive, top notch Univ), and graduated! Even Caroline, I don't think she ever completed a degree at a univ (correct me if I'm wrong), I know she took correspondence courses in linguistics, I believe - Stephanie, I don't believe, ever went to any university anywhere.

Personally, I think Pierre quit his studies at Bocconi after the second year. Whether he (in theory) did this because he failed the year again, or because he was tired of it, I have no idea. But I think that when he assumed control of Engeco, he decided to leave his studies. That's just my personal theory. It makes sense, imo. His classmates that have come on the boards have said consistently that he is just not an academic guy. They said he skipped class a lot and didn't prepare for exams, which is why he did so poorly. But whatever.... I mean, it's all speculative. And hearsay! :ermm:

Just saying

This whole story about Pierre's studies always confuses me :bang::bang:

I always thought Pierre was the inteligent mind in the family. At least, as a kid he seemed so (or is it just me?). So, I used to have high expectations on him. Despite the fact that he is always partying and seems to miss a lot of classes, I thought he could pass his exams. Many students do that (including me;)) but he didn't. So I wonder why?
Did Pierre find the courses too dificult? It could be ... Bocconi is one of the best schools around the world when we talk about economics degree. Things there are not easy. But it was Pierre who chose it, he sould be aware of that when he made his choice.
Maybe the courses were not what he was expecting. It happens to many students. But in this case, he should try to find alternatives.
Of course, everything in my opinion is based on what we know, which is not much, but Pierre seems a bit lost to me, nowadays, a bit like his siblings with their education. They don't know what to do with their lives. :ermm:

:previous:I think you were blinded by the glasses.:flowers: I don't know Pierre but he too often comes off as a big kid, playful, and very much the quintessential youngest child. And he was for twelve years (I think) before Alexandra came along. At any rate, I didn't expect him to finish his studies. Did Caroline? I think Charlotte did, but I'm not sure about Andrea.

Caroline graduated from the Sorbonne with a philosophy major.

It is so confusing - trying to figure out how university works outside the US. Here, we typically graduate from high school (or secondary sch), then on to college directly (some people may take a year off, or attend a 2-yr community college, then onto a 4-yr univ....considering how expensive it's getting!). It seems that they dabble in a university here, try another program somewhere else....then, you don't hear anything about them graduating from anywhere. Prince Albert we know went to Amherst in the US (VERY competitive, top notch Univ), and graduated! Even Caroline, I don't think she ever completed a degree at a univ (correct me if I'm wrong), I know she took correspondence courses in linguistics, I believe - Stephanie, I don't believe, ever went to any university anywhere.

According to Paris Match and Point de Vue at the time, Caroline left the Institute of Political Sciences - VERY tough school - after a semester. The media always said it was too much Paris nighlife, but who knows if that's true. Just before marrying Junot she finished her third year in psychology at the Sorbonne; it was a condition of her parents. But is that a completed degree? Can you complete a degree at the Sorbonne in three years?

I think you can get a license in 3 years in France. Can teach with 4 years. Caroline did graduate. It is in her biography on the palace website. I read that a Baccalaureat degree is equal to the first 2 years of an American university. Charlotte had enough time to get a masters. I don't know if her internships were part of a degree program or not. Vogue should have asked Charlotte about her schooling instead of all that filler garbage.

Three years is enough to complete a licentiate.But when it's going about Sciences-Po,Caroline said once in her interview in 1977,in respond why she quit:"It didn't suit me at all,the awareness that you can get a good mark instead of rewriting a book isn't very satisfying

:flowers:I don't think Charlotte finished her 3rd year of license, She settled in London with Alex before the final exam

Here, the journalist tells her: "You're graduated in Philosophy...". So, I think Charlotte did.

According Caroline's biography on the palace website:
"She received her French Baccalaureat (high school or A level) degree in 1974 with honors and continued her studies at the Sorbonne in Paris where she received a diploma in Philosophy and minors in Psychology and Biology"

^ Wow. I have never seen that article. Thanks for posting! It's interesting that Charlotte says she is not a vegetarian, but she tries to eat little meat and she is careful to buy organically made clothes. And the interviewer does say she recieved a philosophy degree and Charlotte does not dispute it. She then talks about her internships. Very interesting rerehh!

A University degree may take more than 3 years to be completed. I mean, he could be still studying but not attending? At least in my country you can do that.

I find it very weird that the press does not have good information on the Casiraghi´s. It is not dificult to find out if they have completed a Univ degree.

Last edited:
Could someone translate the article, please?:)

A University degree may take more than 3 years to be completed. I mean, he could be still studying but not attending? At least in my country you can do that.

I find it very weird that the press does not have good information on the Casiraghi´s. It is not dificult to find out if they have completed a Univ degree.

I think this is because that part of their lives doesn't arouse interest at all most people.

Yes the interview is in Italian. I don't speak the language, so this is a rough google translation:
The young princess has a green heart. And Monaco began a new battle to save the planet. After the founding of her uncle Albert, here is the newspaper of his niece, Charlotte Casiraghi. It's called "Ever Manifesto", 20 pages on the theme of ecology applied to the creative disciplines.

At present the first number is the same Charlotte (tomorrow), Biella. Guest of the event "CittadellarteFashion. Ethical Sustainable Bio Trend, "sponsored by Michelangelo Pistoletto and director of Italian Vogue, Franca Sozzani. An event which, with the creations of 11 designers selected emerging internationally, explores the contamination of art and fashion to develop a new model for sustainable and ethical. A few trifles, then, and a lot of research.

The twenty-three year old Charlotte, voted style icon in the media - along with Charlotte Gainsburg and Beatrice Borromeo - is distancing herself from the tabloid gossip that portrays her at parties in designer clothes next to her boyfriend Alex Dellal, and comes to fashion, her great passion.

But in terms of social responsibilities. "I like nice clothes like all women, because they make you feel attractive. This sector, however, beyond aesthetics has other values, to be seen protecting the eco system. Stella McCartney, fashion designer, is familiar with the problem, and she helped me a lot in my project. "

What is this?
"I'm not perfect and am not an expert on the subject, but I try, in my small way, to convey a message that will encourage people to reflect on environmental protection. And I do it through "Ever Manifesto", not a newspaper at a fixed date, but a free publication that speaks in the first issue of the relationship between ecology and fashion, highlighting inappropriate aspects the industry. Three thousand copies will be distributed at strategic points. During the fashion shows in Paris and Corso Como in Milan and 10. But in a few days it will also be on line (Contact Support). I came with two friends, the photo editor Alexia Niedzielski and advertising Elizabeth Von Guttman.

Who is funding the project?
"This time, Loro Piana, then we'll see. It will be released in tandem with major events related to fashion, design and architecture. Depending on the theme, writing experts and famous journalists. The goal is to raise awareness among companies. Many big brands have lost customers due to exploiting minors. It was inevitable. Even the return of 'image depends on the accuracy with which you work. "

She has a degree in philosophy, but is interested in the print world. A choice against the current. How did this passion?
"I do not want to be a journalist, but I love publishing. I did a stage in Paris by Pierre Laffont, then in London to prepare the Independent newspaper. I like reading and I like to organize a newspaper. But I have not clear ideas on the craft that will. "

She also wrote about her "Manifesto Ever"?
"Yes, I interviewed Franca Sozzani on how fashion should reorganize the production cycle in an ecological. But I also wrote for other magazines in England. In one of my recent articles I explained why the complaint-jeans are the garment where the most pollution is. "

Li was removed from her wardrobe?
"No, but I'm careful what I buy. I choose organic cotton and those treated with non-toxic dyes.

Today ecology is very popular, as evidenced by the continual references to the environment by the U.S. president Barack Obama. When did you become passionate about the topic?
"I've always lived in the country, with the green and the animals, going horse riding from a young age. I am following with interest the example of my uncle, although he is not so far participated in the initiatives. There were many facts about current events that impressed me convincing myself to take care of ecology. One of these is the pollution of the Mediterranean, destroyed by overfishing and the invasion of jellyfish. "

She lives in Paris and London, but she also Milan, how would these three cities?
"Paris seems to me a clean city. England in general is more sensitive to ecological issues. There are many organic shops, people live with more awareness on the subject. Milan is in order. Italy, after the scandal of waste in Naples, a problem that I have followed with particular attention in the newspapers, is showing a greater involvement on environmental issues. "

Resulting in daily life as her respect for ecology?
"I walk a lot, I take the train over the plane. I like eating and cooking, but opt for seasonal and local foods. I'm not vegetarian, but I try to eat little meat. In short, I strive with common sense to limit the damage caused in recent years by the wicked waste, from a lifestyle that is detrimental to all of us and the world in which we live. "

The vintage is part of its eco-friendly philosophy?
"Here I am, I own a lot of old heads and use them. Recycling is another important point to defend and get better. "

^ I'm not sure what that last part means...the heads? I'm sorry my translation is not very good.

Back
Top Bottom