The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2006, 06:42 AM
Courtier

To be an erasmus student you have to be enrolled in a University...maybe Sorbonne? I don't think you can do it as a khagne student (but maybe some French friend can enlighten us on this.)

Old 10-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
To be an erasmus student you have to be enrolled in a University...maybe Sorbonne? I don't think you can do it as a khagne student (but maybe some French friend can enlighten us on this.)
You need to be student in an University, that doesn't work with a khâgne.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Aristocracy

Sorbonne has a list of erasmus students on their website and Charlotte isn't on it. I'm way too curious probably.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:13 AM

Try the University Paris too! Felix is/was at University Paris 2, so it's possible, who knows.
The website for Paris II is http://www.u-paris2.fr/
Old 10-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Nobility

amelie can you please post this list here?i've searched and i can't find it.i'd love to see in which fac she was enrolled.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, please post the list if you can!

If she's studying in Belgium, does that mean she movedfrom Paris?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-09-2006, 04:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
If she's studying in Belgium, does that mean she moved from Paris?
Not necessarily, if she lives in rooms, she can go home every weekend like all Belgian students do. From Bruxelles to Paris, it’s only one hour and a half by train.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Try the University Paris too! Felix is/was at University Paris 2, so it's possible, who knows.
The website for Paris II is http://www.u-paris2.fr/
Thanks for the tip but do you know how many Université Paris there are ? I tried some of them but they don’t publish as much information as Paris IV does.
The problem with this whole Erasmus thing is that you have to plan your exchange long beforehand, so then Charlotte would already have known that she wouldn’t enter the ENS, so why would she still have participated at the concours ?
Maybe it’s better I stop thinking about it. If Amélie doesn't come online anymore, I think I’m going to check that list myself in Gent.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:57 AM

i'm sorry i didn't read the entire thread (i'm lazy) where is Pierre??
Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Nobility

in Milan studying Economics @ Bocconi University.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
Not necessarily, if she lives in rooms, she can go home every weekend like all Belgian students do. From Bruxelles to Paris, it’s only one hour and a half by train.
This just seems like such a sudden switch. But I guess it's not that farfrom home, as you said. I wonder if she knows anyone in Belgium? Is Eugenie in school at all? Maybe she wanted to get out of Paris and be "anonymous" like every other student?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Thanks for the tip but do you know how many Université Paris there are ? I tried some of them but they don’t publish as much information as Paris IV does.
The problem with this whole Erasmus thing is that you have to plan your exchange long beforehand, so then Charlotte would already have known that she wouldn’t enter the ENS, so why would she still have participated at the concours ?
Maybe it’s better I stop thinking about it. If Amélie doesn't come online anymore, I think I’m going to check that list myself in Gent.

There are at least 10 universities in Paris, but all of them don't dispense courses in literature, arts or human sciences.
It's no problem for erasmus, even when you are in khagne you can choose o go out of France just after you finished it.
Two friends of mine who were in khagne with me last year chose to do so. And there are now in Germany.
In fact even when you're in khagne, you have to register in a university in parallel, in case that you failed your concours. You go only to your khagne courses, and when the year is finished, you go to the university, give them the proof that you were in khagne, give them all your notes, and you are then considered as having passed your exams at university (even if you passed only those of khagne).
This is due to the enormous level of difficulty of khagne. Generally you become an excellent student once your khagne is finished and once you go on at university.
So Charlotte may probably get her bachelor's degree at the end of this year in Belgium.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
There are at least 10 universities in Paris, but all of them don't dispense courses in literature, arts or human sciences.
I know, it was a rhetorical question in my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
It's no problem for erasmus, even when you are in khagne you can choose o go out of France just after you finished it.
Two friends of mine who were in khagne with me last year chose to do so. And there are now in Germany.
In fact even when you're in khagne, you have to register in a university in parallel, in case that you failed your concours. You go only to your khagne courses, and when the year is finished, you go to the university, give them the proof that you were in khagne, give them all your notes, and you are then considered as having passed your exams at university (even if you passed only those of khagne).
This is due to the enormous level of difficulty of khagne. Generally you become an excellent student once your khagne is finished and once you go on at university.
I'm confused. So you succeed in your khâgne but not in the concours for Normale Sup. Instead of Normale Sup, you decide to go to la fac but you don't want to go to la fac in Paris, so you ask to study one year abroad. After that year, you return to your fac in Paris, you give them your notes and paf boum, you have a bachelor degree ! Am I right ?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

If she has everything in Paris, why would she go to Belgium?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

sometimes you go away BECAUSE you have everything at home...
Old 10-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I know, it was a rhetorical question in my post.

I'm confused. So you succeed in your khâgne but not in the concours for Normale Sup. Instead of Normale Sup, you decide to go to la fac but you don't want to go to la fac in Paris, so you ask to study one year abroad. After that year, you return to your fac in Paris, you give them your notes and paf boum, you have a bachelor degree ! Am I right ?

Absolutely!!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
If she has everything in Paris, why would she go to Belgium?
She did not go very very far from home Belgium is the next door....
Do not forget that for her, moving is a way of life, child in Monaco, moved in St Remy, after in Fontainebleau, after in Paris, sharing her time from Paris to Monaco,
So Belgium, is not such a crazy idea, Felix' father is a well known advocate in Brussels, she should already know thousand of jetsetters there.

And when you are rich, everything is easier..., you just pick up the phone, and an assistant takes care of everything
Old 10-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Serene Highness

What did Andrea after he finished school? I suppose it was 4 years ago.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Commoner

Char in Belgium

Yeh,
My guess is, if Char is in Belgium its because of Felix.
Im sure his dad looks after him, in Belgium or not.

I have an idea for Charlotte, come to Australia if you wanna get away from the spotlight, no one knows you down here! apart from me of course !
Old 10-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if she is really there?

Old 10-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Gentry

Disappearing Posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelie_bracke
Hi all, I was 'shocked' yesterday. I'm studying at UGent (www.ugent.be) in Belgium for the moment. And yesterday afternoon, Charlotte has attended classes at our Faculty!!!! I'm sure nobody knows who she is here in Belgium, but I'm sure it was her! Why? Because I've checked the student list and she's on it . Maybe she'll become a new friend of me/us. We'll see ...

Hugs, Amelie
Hmm. You ever notice people who have claimed on the forum to come into contact with one of Monaco's royals disappears after a couple of posts? Like the person who said he/she met Charlotte Casiraghi at a party, the lady whose daughter went to the same school as Princess Alexandra, or the other poster who lived in Charlotte's neighborhood and said she saw her on the street? Amelie, are you there??? Oh no, has she disappeared too?

Hmm. Just a thought!