Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, does it mean after she completes her internship she will graduate?

Not necessarily. I just meant, it could be an internship for a university program. But having said that anyway, I believe she already has her License and this internship has nothing to do with it. What I was suggesting was her possible enrollment in another program.... but I agree with iloveroyals and zembla too, that she could easily be working just to gain experience. Lots of women like her, from her kind of background, do work experience for a magazine or newspaper. Many of the socialite types do the fashion magazine stuff, or else something like Vanity Fair, very posh and exclusive. VF internships especially are impossible to get without knowing the right people.... but I'm aware too that it's common in this field. You really do have to network. It's all about who you know. There's an expression for that I picked up from my navy years, but I'm not sure it's appropriate to write here.... :lol:

^ Yeah, I think networking is normal..to play safe, all the big companies rather choose to get recommendation especially from the internal staffs to join them than to hire somebody who totally stranger to the company..:wub: I also love the idea she may join any posh and elegant publishing house. Very good for the resume and biography..:flowers:

Another possibility for Charlotte

Am I driving anyone crazy yet? :hiding:

The London School of Economics and Politicial Science

This school is essentially, I think, the British cousin school for France's Institute of Political Sciences (Sciences Po). I think L'Illustre's claim that she would study at Sciences Po in Paris could have been a case of a near-miss.

The possibilities here are many. Charlotte might pursue further studies in philosophy here, as Philosophy, Logic, and The Scientific Method. She might study something else too, as there several graduate degree courses. See List Here (Wikipedia's LSE article) or see LSE website.

job/interest????

does Andrea have a job or does he go to school? is there anything he is involved with? charity work? just wondering, i haven't seen a mention of a profession or studies.

does Andrea have a job or does he go to school? is there anything he is involved with? charity work? just wondering, i haven't seen a mention of a profession or studies.
He attends university in . . . I think New York. And he makes party:D

well that is good that he is going to school. does anyone know what he is going to school for? just curious as to what his interst would be. is he just a party boy? i hope there is more to his life than that.

apparently he is studying law....i don't know how true it's though...it's also said that he consider to do some charity or sth else with his father's name, i can't remember well, sorry

Everyone & everywhere says that he is living and studying in NYC now but no one seems to know where or what he studies. I presume, however, that if he is studying in NYC, he is a graduate student, because he already has a degree (in what, no one seems to know) from American University of Paris. He might be at The New School like Tatiana (she is a graduate student too) or at Columbia or NYU. I hope he is at Columbia because it is the best school in the world, in my humble opinion. :lol: And it has one of the finest law schools......... but if Andrea is in law school........ well, that would explain our lack of pictures lately. He is doing tremendous amounts of reading.

Sooo much speculation, and no definitive answers. At some points, he's been in school - in NYC, I believe it's Tatiana that is studying there; either the New School or NYU. Ernst, Jr and Christian are reported to be at NYU, so maybe Andrea is taking some classes there. Hopefully - with everyone around him in school - he's jumped back in the game.

I like how he keeps his private life low key, same with the his siblings other than when they attend a public or private events. Whatever he's doing, good luck to him.

^ That and the U.S. press pays practically no attention to him. Even Pierre is photgraphed doing the most mundane things that us normal people do.

Anonymity is what is great about NYC - you can troll the streets and, unless you're a publicity seeker, you can go unnoticed. It's amazing how often you're rubbing shoulders on the crowded streets with celebrities, socialites, and others - it's when you pass them that you turn around and think, "wasn't that so-and-so?" Some celebs handle it well, others do not. In America, only the British royal family is covered in the press, so many may not know who Andrea is, which makes it easy for him to blend in, be himself, and get on with his life in NYC.

Anonymity is what is great about NYC - you can troll the streets and, unless you're a publicity seeker, you can go unnoticed. It's amazing how often you're rubbing shoulders on the crowded streets with celebrities, socialites, and others - it's when you pass them that you turn around and think, "wasn't that so-and-so?"
Oh boy, this is funny because I cannot tell you how many times I have done that, both in NY and LA! :lol: But more often in NY, definitely....
Some celebs handle it well, others do not. In America, only the British royal family is covered in the press, so many may not know who Andrea is, which makes it easy for him to blend in, be himself, and get on with his life in NYC.
I guess in the US Andrea is something like a B-list royal. Mostly, when the Grimaldis are mentioned here, it is related to Grace in some way. Like the PGF gala. Or else, something really scandalous.

it's good to know that Andrea can easily breathe there... and being anonymous has many benefits, don't you agree? :) i guess since he was not in monaco for the independence day, it means that he's probablt busy with his study (i hope) .. and graduate school? i read somewhere that andrea was not really an excellent student (they might be wrong), i guess since he's now taking graduate studies, he must have been bright also..

^ I know Albert speaks English with a surprisingly American accent, and speaks French with a crisp French accent. I never heard Stephanie speak English, only heard her speaking French, and she sounded so soft, sweet, pleasant with her French, much like Antonia Foyla described Charlotte's French-accented English. :flowers:

On another topic, an article in Paris Match (with Charlene Wittstock on its cover) claims that Charlotte intends to pursue a Master's and then a Doctorate degree.

Last edited:
On another topic, an article in Paris Match (with Charlene Wittstock on its cover) claims that Charlotte intends to pursue a Master's and then a Doctorate degree.

Well, this june Charlotte should be getting her "maîtrise" at the Sorbonne. Is that what the article was talking about? I so, it is not really a master but just the regular 4 years studies degree that in france are called maîtrise. And about the doctorate I certainly can picture her going for it. It would had been nice if she had entered into ENA and started a political career en France, though...
i could picture her as a "ministre de la culture" in 20-30 years from now!;)

Last edited:
That is very interesting information and I'm glad to hear that she will continue to pursue her studies. Is this master like a specialization on something, or more like a master's degree? Most master's degrees nowadays require 2 or more years of working experience from what I know.

Caroline's english sounds very British, while Stephanie and Albert sound very American. Rainier sounded very British also.

Well, this june Charlotte should be getting her "maîtrise" at the Sorbonne. Is that what the article was talking about? It is not really a master but just the regular 4 years studies degree that in france is called maîtrise, but about the doctorate I certainly can picture her going for it. It would had been nice if he had entered into ENA and started a political career en France, though...
i could picture her as a "ministre de la culture" in 20-30 years from now!;)

do you think she's studying this year? I don't know how she would do that, living in london...
my guess is she took a year off and will go back to uni next year

That is very interesting information and I'm glad to hear that she will continue to pursue her studies. Is this master like a specialization on something, or more like a master's degree? Most master's degrees nowadays require 2 or more years of working experience from what I know.

hm yes a master is a specialization in the sense that you choose a subject you work on for 2 years, so you're pretty much specialized in that subject, but you will still have classes about other subjects

Has she even been in school...we know that she has practically taken the year off and been living in London. There really hasn't been much info about her still being in school in Paris..it's confusing...

^ No, I think last year, in September, 2007 she began the internship in London, a work experience that could be required for her degree, and does not also attend classes towards her degree. What Tutu is saying is that when she completes the internship requirement, maybe by June, she might then have the maîtresse degree. Maybe this degree requires this work experience, so it's not really like time off at all. Just speculating, as always, however. :D

do you think she's studying this year? I don't know how she would do that, living in london...
my guess is she took a year off and will go back to uni next year

Well, we really don't know whether she is living in London or not. We've seen her a lot in London lately, but keep in mind that since the tunnel london and paris are really close. Charlotte could be living betwen both towns easily. Courses at the university do not take much more than a few hours a week (and if you're lucky you can even squeeze them and have one more free day during the week) and you are not watched by anyone so you can easily miss a few lessons without any problem. If you think that lessons don't start until october, are over in may (even if you still have to write papers and take exams until june) and that you have a couple of free weeks three times a year, well, it leaves you a lot of free time to be in london :)
My point is that we don't really know what Charlotte is doing, but since she is quite talented and has a brilliant mind she could easily have good grades at uni and spend half her time in london easily.

Last edited:
^ No, I think last year, in September, 2007 she began the internship in London, a work experience that could be required for her degree, and does not also attend classes towards her degree. What Tutu is saying is that when she completes the internship requirement, maybe by June, she might then have the maîtresse degree. Maybe this degree requires this work experience, so it's not really like time off at all. Just speculating, as always, however. :D

My opinion about what she's being doing this year is just speculation too, but definitely no work experience is necessary to get a maîtrise at Paris -IV (Sorbonne) and I know what i'm talking about since i've been a "Lettres Modernes" student there.
Also, you can't start a doctorate of any kind if you don't get your maîtrise first. That's for certain too.
Maybe her internship does not mean that she is going to the office every day. Probably she is just a free-lance writer who helps with fashion/social life articles and such?
Well, we really don't know. The only certain things are that she wrote that article about shoes and that in order to pursue higher studies in France you need to complete 4 years of university studies (maîtrise). So, maybe she is living between both countries and finishing her university studies, maybe she is not?

Last edited:

I think like tutu here. I don't think there is any work experience required, I am myself at uni in france right now (doing a maîtrise, master next year) and there is no such thing required. the studies are actually very theoretic

Well, we really don't know whether she is living in London or not. We've seen her a lot in London lately, but keep in mind that since the tunnel london and paris are really close. Charlotte could be living betwen both towns easily. Courses at the university do not take much more than a few hours a week (and if you're lucky you can even squeeze them and have one more free day during the week) and you are not watched by anyone so you can easily miss a few lessons without any problem. If you think that lessons don't start until october, are over in may (even if you still have to write papers and take exams until june) and that you have a couple of free weeks three times a year, well, it leaves you a lot of free time to be in london :)
My point is that we don't really know what Charlotte is doing, but since she is quite talented and has a brilliant mind she could easily have good grades at uni and spend half her time in london easily.

you're right I forgot we don't know for sure whether she lives in lonon or not. I am also in 4th year at uni in france right now and I can tell that you really have a lot of time to do other stuff than ust study. but still writing for a newspaper, spending a lot of time with your boyfriend in london, going to many parties, going on holiday in January... it seems too much to me! ;)
I know we can't tell for sure what she's doing, but I tend more towards the idea that she might have taken a break from uni.
another thing that makes me think like that is, that if I'm not mistaken she should have had some exams at the sorbonne during the time she was in Brazil. at least I know some people who are/were at the sorbonne and they always had exams during that period. but again it proves nothing ;)

^ yeah, we can't know for sure, but I agree with you both that it's more likely she is taking time during this school year. I think it's possible she is a very part-time intern, a contributing correspondent maybe because I believe Carl has been following 'SINDY' closely and we haven't had word of another piece by Charlotte. I might be able to get it still. I found a newstand at Santa Monica and Laurel and intend to check there, maybe today, as I'm going that way today. :cool:

I like the idea of "Dr. Charlotte Casiraghi" :wub: She may and may not get her princess title (I think it will probably depend on whether her mother will succeed to the throne), then it will be longer for us to write her name:D.. "Princess Dr." :lol:

However my dream is to see her become an editor of... fashion magazine, maybe. Then, we will all have "The Beauty Wears Chanel" in-the-making..:D

Back
Top Bottom