The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2006, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
That seems a little harsh. I guess I would need to read the transcript to see. For most people, an exam failure is a private thing.
Not in France. Public exams results are public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
i've been hearing a lot of rumors lately, that andrea will be studing in NYC, possibly at NYU. is there any truth to it? does anyone have any information reguarding this?
Well, Tatiana is certainly going to NY next year. She stated it herself in a mini-interview in the last issue of Paris Vogue. They also showed a pic of her house. If someone is interested I can scan it when i come back from my holidays.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Will you please scan and post the article? I have the American Vogue blurb and I'd love to see what Paris Vogue says. Thanks!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 AM

Yes, please do!
Old 10-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Nobility

does anyone know what would charlotte do now? would she try her ENS again or go to other university?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:49 AM
Commoner

Hi all, I was 'shocked' yesterday. I'm studying at UGent (www.ugent.be) in Belgium for the moment. And yesterday afternoon, Charlotte has attended classes at our Faculty!!!! I'm sure nobody knows who she is here in Belgium, but I'm sure it was her! Why? Because I've checked the student list and she's on it . Maybe she'll become a new friend of me/us. We'll see ...

Hugs, Amelie
Old 10-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Aristocracy

wow that's really crazy! what kind of classes did she attend?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Aristocracy

Noooo, I can't believe it ! Charlotte in Gent ? Why not Louvain ? Louvain is so much better ! I'm curious too, which program does she follow ? Because at the faculty of arts and philosophy in Gent there aren't that much courses offered in English.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelie_bracke
Hi all, I was 'shocked' yesterday. I'm studying at UGent (www.ugent.be) in Belgium for the moment. And yesterday afternoon, Charlotte has attended classes at our Faculty!!!! I'm sure nobody knows who she is here in Belgium, but I'm sure it was her! Why? Because I've checked the student list and she's on it . Maybe she'll become a new friend of me/us. We'll see ...

Hugs, Amelie
Oooohhhh really

How is she?????
Which kind of courses???
Old 10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Hugs, Amelie
Do you think that she will leave France?Maybe she's trying to decide in which Faculty she will be enrolled(and where).I know that your Fac is great but she could simply go to Sorbonne next to her place .We will see.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:13 PM

Ghent is a really awesome school. Maybe Charlotte wants to get away from Paris for awhile.
Oh yeah, and remember Felix's dad works in Brussels, so maybe it was Felix's idea to try out Ghent. I don't know if he's still at University Paris or if he transfered to Ghent, but there could be so many explanations.
She might know people at Ghent, maybe Cecile, who knows.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Nobility

even if she want's to leave France i wish her the best as always
Old 10-07-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
even if she want's to leave France i wish her the best as always
Well, I'm sure she loves France. It's her home. But she's been such a little jetsetter/socialite all summer and lately, she might want a change, to lay low for awhile. I'm sure in Paris it can be hard to do that, especially when you're her!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Nobility

yeah i know what you mean
Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Hugs, Amelie
Well, if she´s studying there i wish you keep us updated, tell us everything, you´re so lucky!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:13 PM

I love how Ghent breaks down all their departments into super specific categories. Instead of one big Department of History, like we have in the US universities, Ghent has a Department of Ancient History, one for Modern History, Medieval history, etc. For literature, Charlotte's area (unless she decides to change, who knows) they have a Department for Dutch Literature, but I don't see any other lit. departments under Fac of Arts and Philosophy.
Here's the list: http://www.ugent.be/facdepts?ugentid=LW
I'm guessing Charlotte would study under that fac. Maybe she would do a history, or a language, or something other than Dutch lit.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte seems to devote herself to whatever she does, no matte where she goes, I'm sure she'll do well.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:09 AM
Aristocracy

If she truly is at UGent, could she be studying something like this:
http://www.opleidingen.ugent.be/stud...DOEL/INDEX.HTM

This is the link to the main page of all the courses in English:

http://www.opleidingen.ugent.be/stud...DY/C/INDEX.HTM
Old 10-08-2006, 05:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miau
If she truly is at UGent, could she be studying something like this:
http://www.opleidingen.ugent.be/stud...DOEL/INDEX.HTM
No, that isn’t possible because it’s a “ManaMa”. Literally translated that would be Master after Master. In the link you provide, they call it advanced academic studies. That means you need to already have a master degree to be accepted. For foreign students they might make exceptions and also accept a bachelor degree.

Ok, I did a little research on the website of the UGent to prove what I say :

“Admission to the complementary - and advanced studies : A foreign university or higher education diploma (minimum duration 3 years), accepted by the university authorities, is required for admission to the complementary studies and advanced studies.”

I’ve been thinking about it all morning long and really, I can't believe that Char studies in Gent. Either she’s enrolled in one of these programs (and I don’t think so because in my opinion a khâgne degree isn’t enough to be accepted), or she has to learn Dutch vvvvery quickly.

So Amélie Bracke, could you please come online and tell us a bit more because I’d love to know what Char’s studying right now.

For those who are interested, on this page is a bit more info about admission and knowledge of languages. I cite the website of the UGent : "The language of instruction at Ghent University is Dutch. Only some of the complementary - and advanced studies programmes are taught in English or French."
Old 10-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Aristocracy

^ I agree with you in two points:

1. why didn't she come to leuven ???!
2. I can't imagine that her studies in Paris are enough to be accepted at a Master's courese. but maybe she's there as an Erasmus student, as I am here in Leuven. We go to the English lectures for Master students, although we aren't in the Master programme.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, as an erasmus student, that must be it ! Good point ! Why didn't I think about that before ?