Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hillary_nugent said:
yeah i would like to know this as well, there hasn't been any newson it for a while...has she even started unversity yet???
I think she might have done but i dont know for sure. There isn't anyting for her to do in france is there apart from horseriding.

charlotte is in PARIS

nahe87 said:
where is Charlotte??
I miss her :(
I wanna see some new pix of her---

hi everybody ,

Charlotte is in Paris. She studies literature . I'ts very hard :confused: , she studies at Fenelon.

KISS : Psyché :)

psycheanderos2001 said:
hi everybody ,

Charlotte is in Paris. She studies literature . I'ts very hard :confused: , she studies at Fenelon.

KISS : Psyché :)
Thanks, Psyché, for the information! Could you please provide us more details? Did you say that your friend goes there? What kind of clothes does she wear at school and how does she conduct herself with others? Any kind of news would be greatly appreciated!

Kisses, miau

psycheanderos2001 said:
hi miau ,:)

a friend told me that :
charlotte studies ( hypokhagne ) at Fenelon.
She says it's very difficult to approach Char but people ( people of this school ) thinks she is very kind.
everyday , A linousine wait charlotte , after her lecture.

MY ENGLISH is very bad , sorry !

psyché :)
Thank you!:)

You speak French, don't you? If you would like to say something but don't know how to say it in English, just write in French. I'll translate it.

Thanks again,

miau

char in paris

HELLO :)

charlotte studies in Paris ( 6 district ).
we can see her at 'Quartier Latin' and 'Saint-Germain des près '.
her school is here : In 6 district of Paris ( = 6ème arrondissement )

kiss :)

Hi! I'm new here!
thanks everyone for all the incredible informations you have about char! this forum is really great!
I was just wondering why she was still going to the "lycée" because she got her "baccalauréat" last year. I guess she must be in a preparation class for university. can anyone explain me how the French school system works? I'm myself going to university in France for the first time this year, but I'm not really sure to understand how it works to get into the Sorbonne for instance!
thanks everyone for the great job you're doing!

literature

cath85 said:
Hi! I'm new here!
thanks everyone for all the incredible informations you have about char! this forum is really great!
I was just wondering why she was still going to the "lycée" because she got her "baccalauréat" last year. I guess she must be in a preparation class for university. can anyone explain me how the French school system works? I'm myself going to university in France for the first time this year, but I'm not really sure to understand how it works to get into the Sorbonne for instance!
thanks everyone for the great job you're doing!

Hello ,

Welcome cath85 !!

Char studies literature at "Fenelon" ; shcool that prepares students for higher education. I think it's true.
After 2 or 3 years , she will go to study at an university.

Psyché :)
( sorry for my bad english , i'm french )

thanks psyché!!
you're English is quite okay, mine is not perfect either! too bad we are not allowed to post in French!
thanks again for the information

Studies

Hi, I was hoping that someone can tell me what Charlotte Casiraghi is studying at University?

Thank you very much, Gita.

Although they had a horrible loss this year I think Charlotte is probably very happy in love with Felix. Whats the saying? When your happy in love one tends to put on a couple of extra pounds (she looks fab) Also a year at university, if she's living in a dorm chances are she's eating not such healthy foods as she would be at home...

lashinka2002 said:
Also a year at university, if she's living in a dorm chances are she's eating not such healthy foods as she would be at home...
She is not at the university. She is in a Lycée (which is french high school), but this Lycée (as many in France) gives some post-baccalauréate teaching in Sciences, Economics and/or Literature. It's quite hard to understand when you're not French. These schools are very selective (particularly in Paris) and the training is hard. They prepare for Hautes Ecoles, which are like small and very, very selective universities.
Char is studying Classics. If she does well, she can go to Science-po (which forms the best journalists, politicians and intellectuals of the country) or some other top school after 2 years.
She lives at home or in her own apartment in Paris because these schools rarely have dorms as they're high schools as I said before.

Idriel said:
She is not at the university. She is in a Lycée (which is french high school), but this Lycée (as many in France) gives some post-baccalauréate teaching in Sciences, Economics and/or Literature. It's quite hard to understand when you're not French. These schools are very selective (particularly in Paris) and the training is hard. They prepare for Hautes Ecoles, which are like small and very, very selective universities.
Char is studying Classics. If she does well, she can go to Science-po (which forms the best journalists, politicians and intellectuals of the country) or some other top school after 2 years.
She lives at home or in her own apartment in Paris because these schools rarely have dorms as they're high schools as I said before.

Idriel, thanx for explaining this Lycee-fact. Every country has different school education system and France's school system didn't know so much. Glad you take time to explain it!:) ;)

Oh, thanks for the info. I also was unsure of her schooling arrangements.

Idriel said:
Thanks for the explanation Idriel! it is really halpful =] i never quite understood the French education system post-high school but i do now so thanks :)

The vacation system is simular in almost all the European countries (I'm from Belgium, but the French system is the same. Only the dates can be a bit different).

Elementary/Secundary school:
The schoolyear starts on the 1st of September and ends the 30td of June. That means 2 months summer holiday (July and August)

Around Christmas and New Year there are 2 weeks vacation, also in the Eastern Period they've 2 weeks off.

And around Nov 1st, we've here 1 week vacation. And there is also 1 week vacation somewhere in Februari.

That means: 2 months + 6 weeks = 3.5 months vacation.

For university students:
Summer holiday from the beginning from July till the end of September = 3months

+2 weeks in the Christmas Period and 2 weeks in the eastern period.

That's it for us: 4 months holiday (officially, but of course we need to study quite a lot during these 2 weeks during vacations)

I hope you understand what I've explained here in a hurry...

Greetz

petritheturtle said:
Can someone explain to me the type of vacation students get in France? In Canada we get 4 months off and 3 weeks of for Christmas/New years eve. This is for university. For high school that 4 month summer vacation is only 2 months.

rdb said:
The vacation system is simular in almost all the European countries (I'm from Belgium, but the French system is the same. Only the dates can be a bit different).

The schoolyear starts on the 1st of September and ends the 30td of June. That means 2 months summer holiday (July and August)

Around Christmas and New Year there are 2 weeks vacation, also in the Eastern Period they've 2 weeks off.

And around Nov 1st, we've here 1 week vacation. And there is also 1 week vacation somewhere in Februari.

For university students:

That's it for us: 4 months holiday (officially, but of course we need to study quite a lot during these 2 weeks during vacations)

Greetz

Thanks a lot. What is this Eastern period?

petritheturtle said:
Thanks a lot. What is this Eastern period?

She meant Easter, didn't she?

rdb said:

For university students:

Greetz

Wow you're so lucky! I'm from the Netherlands and here at university you only get two months of summer holiday. (From the beginning of july to the first of september). For highschool it was the same. Plus two weeks of Christmas holiday and a week in february. But the summer holiday feels so short!

Also in France I had a one week break in February!!!!

Does anyone know whether Charlotte is back in school yet?

Thanks for the info Tutú

petritheturtle said:
Is she in university or that special school this year?

Well, that would be a lovely thing for the Grimaldi family to annouce, wouldn't it?
:D
I mean, seriously, how hard can it be to issue a simple statement clarifying what Caroline's kiddos are doing? Inquiring Minds need to know these things! ;) I'm on the verge of writing to Prince Albert myself and demanding some answers!

Dear Highness, could you please tell us what the heck your niece and nephews are doing? Is Char at the Sorbonne or what? Is Andrea going to marry Tatiana? Where is Pierre going to study now that he's done his Bac? Come on, Sir, I need to know for my website about them!

Oh boy, that would go over well! :p

petritheturtle said:
Is she in university or that special school this year?

According to what I read in "Point De Vue" (a French mag) last summer, she in a Hypocagne (not sure about the spelling, sorry ) in a secondary school in Paris.
Could somebody tell me what it means? Thanks a lot!:eek:

Hypocagne is the correct spelling I believe. I wonder if she is studying here ????

Back
Top Bottom