The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks Ianna and Cath85. The exams took place from the 17th of may till the 23/24th of may (depending on which option she chose). If you scroll through this thread, you’ll see that just during this period we didn’t see any new pictures of her and immediately after this period, she appeared on the Grand Prix de Monaco (probably a well-earned break after the concours :)). Several people already noticed that she was going out much for a student who’s taking the concours. I agree with them but maybe she’s very good in managing her time ?

P.S. Cath85, I see you live in Luxembourg, so I suppose you understand French. You should check the site of the ENS (http://www.ens.fr/concours/index.htm). It’s a very informative site. You’ll find a calendar of the concours and the results will be published there as well.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Majesty

Please remember that this is not the right place to discuss the different school systems. If you want to discuss them, please do so in this thread:

School Systems around the World

BTW I have moved a lot of posts from Current Events threads to this one. So here you can ask all your questions about their exams and so on.....

Thanks for your cooperation,

tbhrc
Monaco Moderator

Old 06-24-2006, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII
The law states that public schools make the grades public. I assumed that the school Charlotte was attending was private.

In any case it does sound strange that they would release people's grades. They don't do that here in the US. The only thing you can get is a confirmation if someone actually graduated from the school or not.
Charlotte's secondary school, Lycee 1er Francois in Fontainebleau, is public. They release the BAC results for all students. Charlotte had "tres bien" grade. I wonder what all the possible grades are. Can anyone shed some light? How are the exams marked? Do you have anything above "tres bien"? What are the marks for below it? "bien" obviously, then what?
Old 06-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Nobility

The grades in the french school system for the BAC are from "no grade" to "très bien": no grade (corresponding to a mark between 10/20 and 12/20), assez bien (from 12/20 to 14/20) , bien (from 14/20 to 16/20), très bien (from 16/20 to 18/20) and even très bien with félicitations du jury which is very uncommon (from 18/20 to 20/20).
It means that Chralotte was a very good student.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
The grades in the french school system for the BAC are from "no grade" to "très bien": no grade (corresponding to a mark between 10/20 and 12/20), assez bien (from 12/20 to 14/20) , bien (from 14/20 to 16/20), très bien (from 16/20 to 18/20) and even très bien with félicitations du jury which is very uncommon (from 18/20 to 20/20).
It means that Chralotte was a very good student.
Thank you very much. Yah, my girl Charlotte is a brilliant student. She's the best.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Commoner

Hi, I'm new here and there is something I don't understand at all!

Every student has to work hard during the year and especially during the exam periods. Even the smartest of them have to work hard, although they feel more comfortable than the less intelligent. So, how can you explain that Charlotte can travel, participate at public events,... during very busy periods for students and succeed at the same time.

Should it be possible that she gets some advantages?
Old 06-26-2006, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelie_bracke
Hi, I'm new here and there is something I don't understand at all!

Every student has to work hard during the year and especially during the exam periods. Even the smartest of them have to work hard, although they feel more comfortable than the less intelligent. So, how can you explain that Charlotte can travel, participate at public events,... during very busy periods for students and succeed at the same time.

Should it be possible that she gets some advantages?
Hi Amelie! To answer your question....well, if you really sit down and calculate it, you will notice that Charlotte goes to events that are during school holidays and weekends. This was always the pattern when she was in high school and continues now, so it seems.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
Tutu, you have a very good point there. I never thought of the fact that she will be obliged to work a couple of years before and I’ve never heard of any way to avoid it. However, she didn’t get in the ENS yet. So let’s wait and see if she’s even going to be admissible. I have my fingers crossed.

No doubt needed. She did participate in the concours. Here's an official source : http://www.interens.org/cgi-bin/sear...sel_pers=41343
Great find. Well, tomorrow the results are getting published so, we will know by them.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Nobility

In case some of you are interested ,my daughters attended french lycees and when I asked to get the marking system explained relative to a canadian school I was told that the 16/20 is not equal to an 80% like you might think but that it is higher ,the 17/20 is equal to a 92% so I can tell you that Charlotte is doing very well and we should all be proud of her.For my one moment of parental bragging I will tell you that my eldest daughter recieved a felicitations du jury every semester!!! OK I'll stop bragging now.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene
For my one moment of parental bragging I will tell you that my eldest daughter recieved a felicitations du jury every semester!!! OK I'll stop bragging now.
Wow, you much be darn proud to have such smart daughter!! I hope my daughter would be as smart..(won't know in many many years, she's only 6 months old :p )...IMO, as Charlotte goes out to events and making public appearances, I guess that would be excellent enough...
Old 06-27-2006, 11:59 AM

I've already posted this thread in the "Pierre current events"

Rumors dal principato di Monaco: il terzogenito di Carolina, Pierre Casiraghi, avrebbe deciso di trasferirsi a Milano per frequentare una scuola di business.

Il rampollo di casa Ranieri dovrebbe arrivare in Italia già nei prossimi giorni, per partecipare alle feste della fashion week milanese.

I più informati sostengono che approfitterà di questi giorni milanesi anche per ambientarsi, visto che in autunno dovrà iniziare a frequentare le lezioni.

I live in Milano and I can say that the most famous school for Economics is Bocconi University. But I was also thinking that he's not graduated yet, so it can only be en exchange with his university in Paris. The article talks about a Business School.
What do you think?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:04 PM

Sorry.. I forgot that just a few of you understand italian.
So this is an approximate translation I've made:

Rumors from Monaco: the third son of Carolina, Pierre Casiraghi would have decided to move to Milan to attend a business school.
The heir of Ranieri House will probably come to Italy in the next days to participate to the parties of the Milan Fashion Week.
The most informed people claim that he will use these days to know Milan since he is going to start classes next Fall.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Commoner

well, charlotte did not pass normal exam.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouAnne
well, charlotte did not pass normal exam.
LouAnne, please give us more information on your posting. How do you know this?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Commoner

one of my friend took the normal ULM exam and she went to see the result today and charlotte was not on the list of those who passed it.
but you could see the results on internet.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Charlotte won't get into ENS in september. The first list has just published (the list of those who are allowed to take oral exams) and she's not on it.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah, just saw it. Too bad. :( Wonder what she's going to do now.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Commoner

she must have tken science po exam..
Old 06-27-2006, 12:55 PM

science po

i just saw it.. she is not on the list of those who passed it ...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Nobility

oh, that's is just too bad...... i feel sorry for her :( .. i hope it doesn't hurt her so much ( I know i would after failing an exam)..poor girl.....