The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Nobility

Oh Im sorry tbhrc, I didn't read your statement before posting! I just read the top of my web page and was exciting to have something specific to add for knowing those studies. I'm sorry feel free to delate my post if you think it's neccessary...

Also, I didn't know that Charlotte was at lycee Fenelon... This probably means that she is very smart.

Old 05-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Majesty

Okay I've started a thread in the members corner: School systems around the world. All your informations about the french school systems belong in that thread. I will delete future posts in this thread regarding this issue.

Thanks for your cooperation,

tbhrc
Monaco Moderator

Old 06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

As it's the time of end-year exams in France, and as the first exams result are actually being known, I'm wondering about Charlotte's chances to get into ENS. I've the impression we've seen her too much in the medias and the parties and events and so... (even if it wasn't so much for everybody of you), and that was too much time IMO lost for her work. Please don't get into a X-round debate about the french school system, but as someone who got through the same cursus, I'm wondering...
Old 06-16-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
As it's the time of end-year exams in France, and as the first exams result are actually being known, I'm wondering about Charlotte's chances to get into ENS. I've the impression we've seen her too much in the medias and the parties and events and so... (even if it wasn't so much for everybody of you), and that was too much time IMO lost for her work. Please don't get into a X-round debate about the french school system, but as someone who got through the same cursus, I'm wondering...
I wonder if it actually as her first or second time taking the ENS exam. Or if she took the ENS exam last summer and has really been at ENS all this time.
If you think about it, she must have taken her BAC in June 2003. If she started at Lycee Fenelon the following fall, then she would have taken the ENS exam in the summer of 2005. If she had failed it, then she must have taken it again this time, or if she got in, she's been at ENS now for a year.
Or..........she might have actually taken a year off after the BAC and begun at Fenelon in the fall 2004, in which case this would be her first ENS exam.
Personally, I believe she jumped immediately into enrollment at Fenelon in the fall of 2003 and that's how she met Cecile and Felix (because she for sure knew Cecile in October 2003; remember the Karl Lagerfeld photographs exhibit) and she and Felix were a couple by the following summer at least. So I think either this time was her second ENS exam or she has already been at ENS since the fall of 2005.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I wonder if it actually as her first or second time taking the ENS exam. Or if she took the ENS exam last summer and has really been at ENS all this time.
If you think about it, she must have taken her BAC in June 2003. If she started at Lycee Fenelon the following fall, then she would have taken the ENS exam in the summer of 2005. If she had failed it, then she must have taken it again this time, or if she got in, she's been at ENS now for a year.
Or..........she might have actually taken a year off after the BAC and begun at Fenelon in the fall 2004, in which case this would be her first ENS exam.
Personally, I believe she jumped immediately into enrollment at Fenelon in the fall of 2003 and that's how she met Cecile and Felix (because she for sure knew Cecile in October 2003; remember the Karl Lagerfeld photographs exhibit) and she and Felix were a couple by the following summer at least. So I think either this time was her second ENS exam or she has already been at ENS since the fall of 2005.
Why do you think that she had her BAC in 2003? I'm sure that everyone was thinking in June 2004 that she had her BAC and that was also when the resulted appeared in a magazine or on the internet. That would also fit IMO with the French School system and in the months before she was rarely seen anywhere while in 2003 she was still active in showjumping and more events. I'm sure it was 2004 because I finished school at the same time.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

No, Charlotte wasn't on the ENS list last summer, and it was confirmed she is studying in prepa this year by her godmother in Point de Vue.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
it was confirmed she is studying in prepa this year by her godmother in Point de Vue.
Really?Do you have this interview??
Old 06-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia
It was not an interview but a quote. I have lost the PdV, so I wouldn't be able to retrace the wholde declaration.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Smith
Why do you think that she had her BAC in 2003? I'm sure that everyone was thinking in June 2004 that she had her BAC and that was also when the resulted appeared in a magazine or on the internet. That would also fit IMO with the French School system and in the months before she was rarely seen anywhere while in 2003 she was still active in showjumping and more events. I'm sure it was 2004 because I finished school at the same time.
True that, forgot about the published results in 2004. Charlotte seemed really stressed out to me in the summer of 2003, but it must have been because of her getting ready to commence the terminale year. Oh who cares, though, about the precise timeframe! Let's just hope she gets in. We don't have enough royal scholars out there. We need one pretty badly. Party princesses are a dime a dozen, but royal scholars are not so easy to come by.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia
Here it is. Char's godmother doesn't confirm she's studying in prépa, she only says she's studying. I didn't copy the whole fragment, just the sentences related to Char's studies. For people who don't understand French, I'm sorry, I'm studying for my exams, so I don't have time to translate it now. Maybe someone else can do it ?

Albina de Boisrouvray, la marraine de Charlotte témoigne :
« Charlotte a abordé ce premier bal avec toute la simplicité qui la caractérise. Elle était très contente parce qu’elle adore sortir et danser, mais il est vrai que depuis qu’elle est étudiante, elle se concentre complètement sur son travail. Et comme c’est une perfectionniste dans l’âme, elle ne s’accorde pas beaucoup de moments de répits … Demain, elle rentre à Paris et reprend sa vie d’étudiante passionnée … » (Point de Vue)
Old 06-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
Here it is. Char's godmother doesn't confirm she's studying in prépa, she only says she's studying. I didn't copy the whole fragment, just the sentences related to Char's studies. For people who don't understand French, I'm sorry, I'm studying for my exams, so I don't have time to translate it now. Maybe someone else can do it ?

Albina de Boisrouvray, la marraine de Charlotte témoigne :
« Charlotte a abordé ce premier bal avec toute la simplicité qui la caractérise. Elle était très contente parce qu’elle adore sortir et danser, mais il est vrai que depuis qu’elle est étudiante, elle se concentre complètement sur son travail. Et comme c’est une perfectionniste dans l’âme, elle ne s’accorde pas beaucoup de moments de répits … Demain, elle rentre à Paris et reprend sa vie d’étudiante passionnée … » (Point de Vue)
Here is the google translation:

'Charlotte approached this first ball with all the simplicity which characterizes it. She was very content because she adores to leave and dance, but it is true that since she is coed, she concentrates completely on her work. And as she is a perfectionist in the heart, it does not agree many moments of respites… Demain, she returns to Paris and takes again her life of impassioned coed .' PdV
Old 06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know what she is following in Fénelon? A khagne moderne or a khagne classique? If it is a moderne, she is not on the list of ENS this year.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

what is the list of ENS? the list of those who are trying to get in or of hose who got in?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
Does anyone know what she is following in Fénelon? A khagne moderne or a khagne classique? If it is a moderne, she is not on the list of ENS this year.
Khagne classique, I think. Isn't that the more humanities-focused one? I don't think we will know if she got in until after July20. That's what it says on the calendar of events at ens.fr
Old 06-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath85
what is the list of ENS? the list of those who are trying to get in or of hose who got in?
There are two lists. The first will be known in a few days, and there are the names of those who are allowed to go the oral part of the exam. The second will be known after the oral part. On this list are the names of those who will get in the ENS in september.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Aristocracy

ok thanks danielane!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

I have serious doubts about her trying to get into the ENS. First because we have seen her travelling too much in the last two months but mainly because I'm not sure it will make too much sense. I'll try to explain myself.
Charlotte looks like a very cultured girl, passionated about litterature, languages and this kind of stuff. She got a mention très bien at the Bac and then she had the option to quit her studies (after all she is rich), going to university or starting a more demanding program in a prépa littéraire. I think (but it's just a theory) that she started at lycée fénelon because she is cultured and demanding and the level there is higher than in a universitary DEUG. She had the best teachers and she learned a lot but I'm not sure why she will want to go into the ENS.
What I mean is that I don't think that a girlswith the huge social advantages that Charlotte has would be very interested in becoming a civil servant one day, even a high rank civil servant. I mean, it is obvious that she is a cultured and talented girl who doesn’t want to be a paris Hilton lookalike or spend all her time going to parties, but I can’t see her either working five days a week eleven months a year.
I don’t know. maybe she is interested in a linguistic universitary career and she will enter the ENS to pursue it, or maybe she wants to become a politician (although she seems too shy for that), but otherwise, I don’t see her as a payed civil servant at all.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy

Tutu, you have a very good point there. I never thought of the fact that she will be obliged to work a couple of years before and I’ve never heard of any way to avoid it. However, she didn’t get in the ENS yet. So let’s wait and see if she’s even going to be admissible. I have my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú
I have serious doubts about her trying to get into the ENS.
No doubt needed. She did participate in the concours. Here's an official source : http://www.interens.org/cgi-bin/sear...sel_pers=41343
Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
Tutu, you have a very good point there. I never thought of the fact that she will be obliged to work a couple of years before and I’ve never heard of any way to avoid it. However, she didn’t get in the ENS yet. So let’s wait and see if she’s even going to be admissible. I have my fingers crossed.

No doubt needed. She did participate in the concours. Here's an official source : http://www.interens.org/cgi-bin/sear...sel_pers=41343
Great find, Coquine!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Aristocracy

that's really great coquine! so when did those exams actually take place? because she's been seen quite a lot during the last months...