The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby
so is a public high school in france more prestigious than a private one? i was under that impression...
There's no private high school for subjects like history, literature, languages, classics or linguistic in France.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Nobody knows for sure which Lycée Charlotte went to. All is just speculation.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miau
Nobody knows for sure which Lycée Charlotte went to. All is just speculation.
I bet someone in her class knows haha
I guess he or she is not on this lovely forum.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
if i'm not mistaken casiraghitrio said in a previous post that they had not gone to j'eanne d'arc but st aspais..i may be wrong with the name though.
Well, Lycee Jeanne d'Arc (translation: Joan of Arc School) in Saint Aspais is very close to Fontainebleau and it was once believed that the trio were enrolled there for secondary education. It is possible that Andrea went there, as has been reported on numerous fan sites devoted to him,while Char and Pierre went to Lycee Francaise 1er.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

When the casiraghis were living in Saint-Rémy they all went to the village public school but after they mopved to paris caroline enroled them in a prestigious private school in fontainebleau. Apparently the kids were not used to that kind of discipline and did not like the place so after a couple of years the changed shcool.
I don't know about pierre but I heard that andrea was a very bad student and so caroline sent him to a boarding school in paris. charlotte had always been a good pupil with good grades so probably caroline trusted her more than her brother and allowed her to go to a public school as long as her grades were the same.
Anyway, these are new from long ago, maybe she moved to another school her last years, and went to a private place for terminale. No idea.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
OK, now to totally add confusion to the speculation on where she studies. Last year, as anyone may recall, Point du Vue said she was at Lycee Fenelon, a suspicion first introduced to yours truly by "Kastalia" (via email). Now.... shortly after the Rose Ball has taken place, BUNTE magazine of Germany has decided to claim that Charlotte is a student at Lycee Henry IV. BUNTE also overturns the notion that Char is a literature student, claiming she is studying diplomacy, politics and finance.
There is not such a thing as a prépa in diplomacy. It is the same if she is at lycée fénelon or henri iv, NOBODY studies diplomacy and politics there. What that german magazine probably misunderstood is that a lot of prépa pupils of this lycées stay there for 2 years in order to prepare an exam for a Grande École (Ulm, in paris), and that most of the Grandes École pupils go there to study politics, economy, and so on in order to start a career as a high rank civil servant.
Charlotte is in prépa littéraire, no matter whether she is at fénelon or henri iv
Old 04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

Indeed, Tutu is right.
Besides, it is quite common to change between your hypokhâgne and khâgne from lycée. If they have good grades, most people try to change to a better and more prestigious lycée. So, it is not entirely impossible that Charlotte changed to Henri IV.
However I don’t think Bunte is right. They gave already wrong information on the subject, so why not on the place ? They probably mentioned Henri IV because it’s among the most known and prestigious lycées in France.
Btw, I wonder what option she chose, A/L or B/L ? If she does B/L, the concours starts tomorrow. Then she must be working really hard these days. Good luck !

P.S. Ok, I’m sorry, pwroble ! I didn’t noticed your post first. I’m happy Félix was there too. Hopefully, gossip will now stop for a while claiming that their relationship is going bad.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Seems difficult she would be in Monaco for the Ballet is her tests started tomorrow...we can't know for sure though. What is the other possibility? when would the exams start in tha case?

Thanks for all the information on the French education system! Kisses
Old 04-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

Euhm, I don't really understand your post. You mean she will be in Monaco tomorrow ? If you're really sure, well then she probably does A/L and then the concours will start on 17 may.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Courtier

No, I meant that she was in Monaco a few days ago, and I don't think she would be flying back and forth for a not very important event a couple of days before a serious exam. Maybe she will take the one on the 17th...

Thanks again, Kisses
Old 04-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

Ah thanks, I see now. You have a point there. Indeed, people I know from B/L were all revising during Easter vacations and wouldn't have time to make a nice little trip to Monaco. :)
Old 04-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Courtier

As you've been so kind to explain us the French schooling system in detail (I knew more or less how it worked, but not the details...) what's the difference between an A/L and a B/L?
Thanks again,

Kisses
Old 04-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

Ok, my English is not that good but I’ll try to explain. I’m not an expert, so anybody can correct me if I’m wrong. (I just know a few things about it because I have two French friends, who are in prépas and I once made a paper about the French schooling system (I study French at university) and read a lot about it on the internet). So (hypo)khâgne is the general term. Then you have two options, A/L and B/L. The difference between the two is that in B/L you have maths and social studies while in A/L you have instead geography, more languages with in the most lycées obligatory Latin or Greek and philosophy and literature are considered more important. So A/L is the ‘real literary’ section and B/L is more ‘multi-disciplinary’ and general. With B/L you can also participate in the concours of HEC, ESSEC, Sciences-Po, etc., which are commercial and political schools. But there are not much lycées who offer the option B/L and I just went checking on the website of Fénelon and they don’t offer it. So Charlotte is certainly in A/L and her concours starts 17 may. I’m sorry to have caused confusion in this topic but in the mean time you all learnt something about la douce France and that can’t be bad (ok, I’m sorry, I adore France and French a bit too much :o ).
Old 04-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Courtier

Thanks a lot! I really appreciated your explanation.
So Char wants to go on with real literary studies; I thought she might go on and study something more "government oriented" like Science Po or International Relations. It makes sense that her exams would start on May 17.

Thanks again, Kisses
Old 04-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Commoner

i hope she does well on her exams then!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Thanks a lot! I really appreciated your explanation.
So Char wants to go on with real literary studies; I thought she might go on and study something more "government oriented" like Science Po or International Relations. It makes sense that her exams would start on May 17.

Thanks again, Kisses
But Coquine said she's on the A/L course, which I took to mean the more humanities (philosophy, literature, geography) related course. The B/L course is the more political science, government related course, isn't it?
Grace, I would have guessed as you have guessed before reading Coquine's post, because of the Bunte rumor about Charlotte studying government and finance at Lycee Henry IV, but now Coquine seems to say that Charlotte is on a track that is more about philosophy, languages, geography, literature (the A/L)? Unless I misunderstood, which is highly possible!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
But Coquine said she's on the A/L course, which I took to mean the more humanities (philosophy, literature, geography) related course. The B/L course is the more political science, government related course, isn't it? You're right.
Grace, I would have guessed as you have guessed before reading Coquine's post, because of the Bunte rumor about Charlotte studying government and finance at Lycee Henry IV (once again, as Tutu said, you can't study government and finance in prépa, you can do an economic prépa but I still believe Point de Vue saying that Char is doing khâgne in Fénelon), but now Coquine seems to say that Charlotte is on a track that is more about philosophy, languages, geography, literature (the A/L) (If Point de Vue says that Char is studying khâgne in Fénelon, it can be only the A/L option because they don't offer B/L and as I said I believe Point de Vue and not Bunte)? Unless I misunderstood, which is highly possible!
I'm sorry to cause all this confusion about A/L and B/L, I hope it's clear now.
I also want to add that you don't have to continue necessarily literare studies in Normale Sup, if you succeed in the concours, you're free to choose but it is probable that you stay within the human sciences if you did a khâgne before. And this is all in case Char would succeed in the concours of Normale Sup, if she really does, she's not only beautiful, royal and rich but also incredibly intelligent ! If she doesn't, there are a lot of other possibilities besides Normale Sup, like for example Sciences-Po, as Grace indicated.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
I'm sorry to cause all this confusion about A/L and B/L, I hope it's clear now.
I also want to add that you don't have to continue necessarily literare studies in Normale Sup, if you succeed in the concours, you're free to choose but it is probable that you stay within the human sciences if you did a khâgne before. And this is all in case Char would succeed in the concours of Normale Sup, if she really does, she's not only beautiful, royal and rich but also incredibly intelligent ! If she doesn't, there are a lot of other possibilities besides Normale Sup, like for example Sciences-Po, as Grace indicated.
Hey, a couple days ago I noticed Sciences Po is very close to where we theorize Charlotte is living. If Pierre is living in the same area, I think it may be true that he studies there. Sciences Po is a fantastic school especially to study law!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Hey, a couple days ago I noticed Sciences Po is very close to where we theorize Charlotte is living. If Pierre is living in the same area, I think it may be true that he studies there. Sciences Po is a fantastic school especially to study law!
It's actually to study political sciences. My sister studied there.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú
There is not such a thing as a prépa in diplomacy. It is the same if she is at lycée fénelon or henri iv, NOBODY studies diplomacy and politics there. What that german magazine probably misunderstood is that a lot of prépa pupils of this lycées stay there for 2 years in order to prepare an exam for a Grande École (Ulm, in paris), and that most of the Grandes École pupils go there to study politics, economy, and so on in order to start a career as a high rank civil servant.
Charlotte is in prépa littéraire, no matter whether she is at fénelon or henri iv
That makes complete sense. Thanks, Tutu, for the explanation. Also, thank you for your explanation about the trio's early education. That was fascinating. In 2002/2003, around there, I heard rumors of Andrea having bad grades too. I heard he did poorly on his bac. What would be the advantage of a boarding school in Paris, I wonder? If it is like boarding schools in the US, I am thinking the advantage was that he had smaller classes and more attention. Is the curriculum at French boarding schools the same as in the "state" schools?