Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've already posted this thread in the "Pierre current events"

t.gif
Rumors dal principato di Monaco: il terzogenito di Carolina, Pierre Casiraghi, avrebbe deciso di trasferirsi a Milano per frequentare una scuola di business.

Il rampollo di casa Ranieri dovrebbe arrivare in Italia già nei prossimi giorni, per partecipare alle feste della fashion week milanese.

I più informati sostengono che approfitterà di questi giorni milanesi anche per ambientarsi, visto che in autunno dovrà iniziare a frequentare le lezioni.
t.gif

I live in Milano and I can say that the most famous school for Economics is Bocconi University. But I was also thinking that he's not graduated yet, so it can only be en exchange with his university in Paris. The article talks about a Business School.
What do you think?

Sorry.. I forgot that just a few of you understand italian.
So this is an approximate translation I've made:

Rumors from Monaco: the third son of Carolina, Pierre Casiraghi would have decided to move to Milan to attend a business school.
The heir of Ranieri House will probably come to Italy in the next days to participate to the parties of the Milan Fashion Week.
The most informed people claim that he will use these days to know Milan since he is going to start classes next Fall.

LouAnne said:
well, charlotte did not pass normal exam.

LouAnne, please give us more information on your posting. How do you know this?

one of my friend took the normal ULM exam and she went to see the result today and charlotte was not on the list of those who passed it.
but you could see the results on internet.

Charlotte won't get into ENS in september. The first list has just published (the list of those who are allowed to take oral exams) and she's not on it.

Yeah, just saw it. Too bad. :( Wonder what she's going to do now.

science po

i just saw it.. she is not on the list of those who passed it ...

oh, that's is just too bad...... i feel sorry for her :( .. i hope it doesn't hurt her so much ( I know i would after failing an exam)..poor girl.....

Don't worry just yet as many people only get into Les grandes Ecoles like Science Po after doing 2 years at a lesser school and then writing the exam.So Charlotte has time yet.

auroraDaniel said:
oh, that's is just too bad...... i feel sorry for her :( .. i hope it doesn't hurt her so much ( I know i would after failing an exam)..poor girl.....

I'm sorry if she didnt pass the exam, but i dont think she would have expected to pass with all the activities she has been involved lately. One that wants to pass that kind of test, needs to get full time concentrated and she didnt seem to be that way. Hopefully she will not loose the interest in her studies. :(

Danielane said:
Charlotte won't get into ENS in september. The first list has just published (the list of those who are allowed to take oral exams) and she's not on it.

Does this mean she didn't get high enough marks on her exams?

BurberryBrit said:
Does this mean she didn't get high enough marks on her exams?
Yes, that means she wasn't in the best students.

marlene said:
Don't worry just yet as many people only get into Les grandes Ecoles like Science Po after doing 2 years at a lesser school and then writing the exam.So Charlotte has time yet.
I won't explain it once more as it's not the right thread, but Charlotte has now two chances only to write the exams, and it doesn't work the way you described it. There's no lesser school to get into the ENS.

Last edited:
Coquine said:
Tutu, you have a very good point there. I never thought of the fact that she will be obliged to work a couple of years before and I’ve never heard of any way to avoid it. However, she didn’t get in the ENS yet. So let’s wait and see if she’s even going to be admissible. I have my fingers crossed.

No doubt needed. She did participate in the concours. Here's an official source : http://www.interens.org/cgi-bin/sear...sel_pers=41343

Is anyone else having trouble with this link? I know Charlotte isn't going to get in but I would still like to see this. This link doesn't work, though.:(

CasiraghiTrio said:
Is anyone else having trouble with this link? I know Charlotte isn't going to get in but I would still like to see this. This link doesn't work, though.:(

The link worked for me. It doesnt have any info related to the results.

I wonder if she would consider coming to school in the US like her uncle did?

BurberryBrit said:
I wonder if she would consider coming to school in the US like her uncle did?

That would be nice, but I was hoping she would get into ENS because that seems to be what she really wanted. Danielane warned us awhile back not to get our hopes up, but I still did. Poor Charlotte. She's a perfectionist. She might be hard on herself, though I hope she doesn't let it make her feel too bad because many excellent students don't get into ENS. She can't even be happy for Felix because he didn't get in either. I wonder if she will try again in 2007. You can take the written exam an unlimited # of times, right? or at least twice, I think.

I didn't know both of them were trying to get in. Well, at least they have each other to console one another.

Danielane said:
Yes, that means she wasn't in the best students.
I won't explain it once more as it's not the right thread, but Charlotte has now two chances only to write the exams, and it doesn't work the way you described it. There's no lesser school to get into the ENS.
The latter part that you mention, is designed to be the more difficult track, according to a friend of mine, as this is designed to weed out the students who didn't perform well. How does anyone feel about her academic performance or academic future? It seems that the family is evolving into a somewhat more "contemporary" model family in which acadamics and ethics are placed on the old back burner, and this out of necessity owing to their need to be seen at certain times and places, as well as their need for some(?) privacy.

Dave

I just hope that the media does not make a story out of Charlotte not getting to the oral exam level. It would probably be torture for her to see her "rejection" on the front page of BUNTE or something else. It seems like the sort of thing BUNTE would do and I'm hoping they won't do it. Let's hope this passes without any mention in the press, quietly and unnoticed. We should stop discussing it out of respect for her feelings.

That would be cruel if they turned it into a cover story. A blurb in the gossip section would be bad, but not AS bad, but they definitely shouldn't do a cover story.

CasiraghiTrio said:
That would be nice, but I was hoping she would get into ENS because that seems to be what she really wanted. Danielane warned us awhile back not to get our hopes up, but I still did. Poor Charlotte. She's a perfectionist. She might be hard on herself, though I hope she doesn't let it make her feel too bad because many excellent students don't get into ENS. She can't even be happy for Felix because he didn't get in either. I wonder if she will try again in 2007. You can take the written exam an unlimited # of times, right? or at least twice, I think.

Where did you see that Félix was taking the exam too?
yeah I think you can take the written exam twice, maybe she will try again next year...

Danielane said:

Danielane, maybe when Marlene wrote about the "2 years at a lesser school" she was actually referring to the two years of prep course (prépa) Charlotte has just undertaken at her (Fontainebleau?) lycée...

Laura said:
Danielane, maybe when Marlene wrote about the "2 years at a lesser school" she was actually referring to the two years of prep course (prépa) Charlotte has just undertaken at her (Fontainebleau?) lycée...

I don't know, but it's not a school: it's the normal way to prepare the ENS exam.

Dear Laura that is exactly what I meant , perhaps I didn't explain it well and for that i am sorry

Laura said:

Laura, the lycée in Fontainebleau was before these last two years at lycée Fenelon. In Fontainebleau, she took her BAC exam, with the much-discussed, much-praised results coming out in the summer 2004, then she went to study at Fenelon to prepare for the ENS exam. I think that makes the sting so much harsher, the fact that she spent the last two years preparing for it. But, as the universal saying goes, nothing worth having is easy to obtain, meaning that everything that is worth having must be earned with hard work: whether it's a loving, lasting relationship or a place at a top school, the principal applies.;)

BurberryBrit said:
That would be cruel if they turned it into a cover story. A blurb in the gossip section would be bad, but not AS bad, but they definitely shouldn't do a cover story.
I don't think that the press would cover such a story. Even though it involves a bit of "celebrity failure," it doesn't involve enough to be regarded as "scandal."

Dave

Results of the ENS exams came out on june 29th , and Charlotte is not on the list... This means that she didn't pass the exams.

Back
Top Bottom