Caroline and Stephanie's children

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats funny, becos here in South Africa, we have a rice called Aunt Caroline!!!

kittencrews said:
I don't think that's Stephanie but I do know that's Charlotte covering her ears and beside her is her old friend... i forget her name... the director of the Monte Carlo ballet's daughter...

Agree that's not Steph. The old friend you're thinking of.... Marie-Christine Maillot.
:)

michelle said:
Just to add this as an info:

Caroline is Pauline's godmother
Albert is Louis godfather
Stephanie is Andrea's godmother

All of Caro's kids ( including Ernst jr. and Christian) call Stephanie 'Tama'
Stephanie's kids call Caroline 'Tati' or 'Caro'
and all of the kids call Albert ' Tonton' or ' Bebert'

I have a question about this pic posted by ?iceflower?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109830
Is this at Camille's baptism?

About the nicknames, Michelle, I read a long time ago about Andrea calling Albert "Bebert" because he couldn't pronounce "Oncle Albert" when he was a baby. So the name stuck.
:) Where does the "Tonton" come from? Is it perhaps from the adults telling the kids about "ton oncle Albert" and they couldn't say it so they just said "Ton ton"?
C'est adorable! :D

Pauline's and Louis's baptism at the St. Devote Church in Monaco, on Easter Monday in 1995
Source :Monaco70
e9t3qg.jpg
e9t5ja.jpg

Aw, Charlotte is so cute at le baptisme des petits Ducruets. :) you can barely see her but she still looks so cute. And Caroline is smiling at Steph with her little baby in her arms. Very sweet.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I have a question about this pic posted by ?iceflower?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109830
Is this at Camille's baptism?

About the nicknames, Michelle, I read a long time ago about Andrea calling Albert "Bebert" because he couldn't pronounce "Oncle Albert" when he was a baby. So the name stuck.
:) Where does the "Tonton" come from? Is it perhaps from the adults telling the kids about "ton oncle Albert" and they couldn't say it so they just said "Ton ton"?
C'est adorable! :D

The picture you're refering to is from Louis' and Pauline's babtism as well, you can see Daniel carrying little Louis who wears this cute blue vest. In fron of him are Andrea, Charlotte ,Stephanie and Caroline with Pierre and little Pauline (probably walking - so you can't see her - but Caro seems to be looking at her) Next to Daniel is his mom.

As for the nicknames: you're right about 'Bebert' - Stephanie already called Albert that way when she was little becasue she couldn't pronounce 'Albert' - just like Andrea :)
'Tonton' is a very common way to refer to ones uncle in French - like 'Tati' for ' aunt' ...

hania said:
thats funny, becos here in South Africa, we have a rice called Aunt Caroline!!!

Better than having a cow named Carolina here in Italy!

Tosca said:

:D:D:D Heheehee .... luckily these Caroline-things have nothing to do with ' notre trés chere Caro'

Tosca said:

'PRAISE AND RECOGNITION' ...as Stephanie would say :p

michelle said:
:D:D:D Heheehee .... luckily these Caroline-things have nothing to do with ' notre trés chere Caro'

No, the cow has nothing to do with "our" Caro of course! Here, in our parts, the name Carolina is regarded as an uncommon and old-fashioned name. That cow was the testimonial for a diary industry back in the 60's/70's, then it has become a synonym for a plump girl/lady in common speech.
Besides here the term "carolina" is also used for old means of transports, due to the "obsolescence" of this name in our country.

michelle said:
The picture you're refering to is from Louis' and Pauline's babtism as well, you can see Daniel carrying little Louis who wears this cute blue vest. In fron of him are Andrea, Charlotte ,Stephanie and Caroline with Pierre and little Pauline (probably walking - so you can't see her - but Caro seems to be looking at her) Next to Daniel is his mom.

As for the nicknames: you're right about 'Bebert' - Stephanie already called Albert that way when she was little becasue she couldn't pronounce 'Albert' - just like Andrea :)
'Tonton' is a very common way to refer to ones uncle in French - like 'Tati' for ' aunt' ...

Oh, I didn't know "tonton" was a common name for uncles in French. So that's why so many people call Steph "Tati Steph"! I always wondered, where do they get "tati" from "tante"? But I see now, I guess it's just an affectionate slang word, like in English, we say "auntie". We don't have any such slang word for uncle though.

Caroline, Stephanie with Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre and Louis meeting at the Beach Club 1993 - very sweet ... Caro playing and cuddling with little Louis...

smy1ed.jpg
smy16u.jpg
smy14p.jpg
smxgrc.jpg
smxgg2.jpg
smxg5u.jpg
smxg09.jpg
smxfvd.jpg
smxfr6.jpg

(towsend)

Very cute and rare pics caroline looks so happy to see Louis and playing with him very cute pics thanks sebastian and townsend.

Would anybody happen to know Caroline and Stephanie, Albert called Grace by and Rainier by? Also what Carolines kids call Caroline and Ernst and what Stephanies kids call Stephanie and their dad Daniel and how do they Princess Stephanies children refer to her ongoing list of boyfriends? Thanks

Caroline, Albert and Stephanie called their parents 'mom' and 'dad' ( Maman and Papa).
Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Alex call Caroline 'maman' and Ernst ' Ernst' accept Alex who calls him 'Papa' ( like Chris and Ernsti, who call Caroline 'Caro') .
Louis , Pauline and Camille call Stephanie 'Maman' and their fathers 'Papa'

Don't the various cousins have names for their uncle and aunt?

Something like Taman Caroline/Stephanie and Tati Bertie, if I recall correctly?

Ann

Suonymona said:
Don't the various cousins have names for their uncle and aunt?

Something like Taman Caroline/Stephanie and Tati Bertie, if I recall correctly?

Ann
Stephanie's kids call Albert 'Tonton' and they call Caroline 'Tati ' or 'Caro'. They call Ernst ' Ernie' or 'Tonton Ernst'. Andrea, Charlotte, Ernsti, Christian, Pierre and Alexandra call Stephanie 'Tama' and they call Albert ' Bébert' or ' Albert' or 'Tonton' .

Thanks Sebastian!

I figured you'd be the one to know.

Ann

I have seen those pics on Towsend's page and and couldn't believe how cute they were... I think those pics show us again, that the relationship between the sister is absolutly fine....

The 6th pic that sebastian posted in the last set... absolutely hilarious!:D

WOW. Stephanie is amazing for having a body like that rigth after having Louis and all of her kids. Its unfair. I know she always active and has good genes and baah blah blahhh.....But its so incredible how she maintians that figure. There must be a secert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom