The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Majesty

More from Laif

Old 07-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

did some one fall? yikes, their expressions don't look too good!

Old 07-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
did some one fall? yikes, their expressions don't look too good!
oh, must be! I thought they were yawning at first, lol
Old 07-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Caroline, Prince Ernst and little Alexandra at Brijuni, Croatia in July of 2001:)

(NP Brijuni)
Old 07-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Wow great finding Ianna, thanks for posting. They look just like you and me, normal tourists....
Old 07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Wow great finding Ianna, thanks for posting. They look just like you and me, normal tourists....
That's SO true, and exactly what I was thinking, they DO look like normal tourists. Thanks Ianna, that looks like a picture they would have taken. I second the good find.

Ani
Old 07-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

You're most welcome Ana and tbhrc!:) I like that photo very much, too.

This time don't have photo but will write down anecdote that proves Prince Ernst's great sense of humour. Well, Caroline's too:p

Story goes that at some charity event in Germany, Princess Caroline was dressed in long black satin dress (there was somewhere photo of that evening). “This is made from the rest of her dress” jokingly said Prince Ernst while showing the collar of his tuxedo. In laughs, Princess Caroline turned to Ernst, pointed out his shoes as saying; “And you borrowed my ballet bumps” :p ..hehe..:)
Old 07-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Great anecdote Ianna, I think everyone here would enjoy a conversation with them, I definetly would.....

I have those great pics from one of their first vacations, I know we have some from Rex Features, but here are the scans from Hello Mag.....

Old 07-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Nobility

Those are some of my favorite pictures of Caro and Ernst, they look SO in love. Why don't we see them like that anymore?

Ani
Old 07-18-2006, 04:25 AM
Aristocracy

they seem to smoke so much. aren't they afraid of getting cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or chronic bronchitis? didn't rainier die of a pulmonary disease?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Majesty

Here is picture of them from last year (May 11th 2005), shortly after his discharge from hospital - Paris Match

Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I think Ernst and Caroline are very good for each other. And I am so glad they have their little daughter to seal the love between them. I know many members think Stefano was the ideal husband for Caroline, that they made the most handsome couple, but there is something about Ernst that makes him very simpatico (at least in my eyes.) and Caroline was destined to be a Royal Highness... She has earned it, she deserves it, she could have been what Princess Victoria will be, if the rules had been different... (I am not knocking either Stefano or Albert, just focusing on where she is now).
Old 07-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsieh
they seem to smoke so much. aren't they afraid of getting cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or chronic bronchitis? didn't rainier die of a pulmonary disease?
you get addicted when your youn then you regret it forever. whatever shes so jaming, three good kids and they're jamming.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I think Ernst and Caroline are very good for each other. And I am so glad they have their little daughter to seal the love between them. I know many members think Stefano was the ideal husband for Caroline, that they made the most handsome couple, but there is something about Ernst that makes him very simpatico (at least in my eyes.) and Caroline was destined to be a Royal Highness... She has earned it, she deserves it, she could have been what Princess Victoria will be, if the rules had been different... (I am not knocking either Stefano or Albert, just focusing on where she is now).
I ABSOLUTELY agree with you. Stefano was the perfect love for her, unfortunately life has decided in a different way, but now Caroline is in ther perfect place for her, she the ideal person to be where she is.

Stefano and Caroline was "Romeo and Juliet" a dream which become a nightmare. You should not forget thta Stefano was Italian, another kind of warm behavior, and they were also 20 yeas younger.
Ernst is German, he may be more reserved in his public afftection to her, but I think that deeply he is always there for Caroline, he loves her and supports her. We never see him alone, or with friends without her, he never seems to neglect her.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

I agree with you. I think Ernst is madly in love with Caroline. Yet he remains his own person, somewhat eccentric and offbeat, (but not in a nasty, unpleasant way), for how we think royals should be or how they should behave. The interview he gave Hello after his illness last year made him come across as much more sensitive and vulnerable than his occasional irritation with paparrazzi would make him appear. Also, he is almost always with Caroline at official functions and on vacations, and behaves quite properly. Caroline is lucky. They are supportive of each other.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Majesty

Reflex News

Paris, France, 25 May 2004 Princess Caroline and husband Ernst August of Hanover in the city

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7
Old 08-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

I beleive at one time Princess Grace had suggested to Caroline that EA would have been a good husband for her. I guess Mom was right.

Linda 85
Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Nobility

Two new picture of Pr Caroline and Pr Ernst this summer. Source: CHI magazine. (More of Pierre and Alexandra on my weblog:
http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl/)

Old 08-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by petritheturtle
you get addicted when your youn then you regret it forever. whatever shes so jaming, three good kids and they're jamming.

if you're addicted you can pay for treatment to become unaddicted. and if you fail you continue to try untill you no longer fail. i've never smoked i don't understand this addiction to nicotine. they say it's the most addictive substance - more than cocaine. it takes seven seconds to get to your brain. it increases the risk for stroke, heart attack, chronic bronchitis, copd, cancer. it ages your skin - white people get "smoker's skin". i wish nicotine were outlawed. i think it's a horrible substance.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the great pics towsend.....

Here is one from que me dices, I think it's from 1998, but I'm not sure......