The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú
You should not smoke when pregnant but nowadays, at least in europe, many doctors say that if the pregnant woman is a heavy smoker it is better for the babie's health if the mother smokes the ocasional cigarrette than suffering form all the stress of quiting. Maybe that's what caroline did.
And about drinking, it's more dangerous during the first 3 months of pregnancy, but from the 4 month on the ocasional glass of wine can be even good for the baby.
That is different from the advice given in the UK. Here, women are advised to give up smoking completely when pregnant, even if it will be stressfull. It is also recommended that women completely give up alcohol for the entire pregnancy.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet
That is different from the advice given in the UK. Here, women are advised to give up smoking completely when pregnant, even if it will be stressfull. It is also recommended that women completely give up alcohol for the entire pregnancy.
Maybe it's not like that anymore in the IK either, I though this was the advice given in spain too, since it was all I ever heard until last year two persons close to me were pregnant, one in spain and one in France. They went to different doctors (since they live in different countries) and both said the same thing to them about smoking and alcohol. I think it is really a very new thing, so maybe it has changed too in england, do you know anyone who is pregnant right now?
I'm sure that caroline had the best doctors and the best advice.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet
Thats the same advise they give here in the US! But as far as I know they have always given this advise, I think!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Nobility

I've Herd In Europe It Says On Cigarette Boxes As A Warning For Your Health Says, Smoking Kills.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Cruza
I've Herd In Europe It Says On Cigarette Boxes As A Warning For Your Health Says, Smoking Kills.
What you heard is true.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, we have huge Smoking kills signs in every packet. And a whole range of other signs saying things like "smoking causes lung damage", etc... some people even collect them.
Every country has them printed in their own language, of course, but here, you can have a look to the english ones:
http://iakio.galeon.com/album733892.html
Old 02-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Nobility

Oh thank you for that. Smoking does kill. The consequences are lung cancer leathery skin wrinkled skin rough skin the smell that always stays with you. It stays in your house and always on your clothes. It even stains your walls if you smoke in the house. Also yellow tobacco stained teeth. Also you harm the others around you with second hand smoke. Also when Parents children go missing many times they take a piece of that childs clothing and use Bloodhound dogs to retrace their steps but when their parents are smokers they can't find the children their own personal scent(everyone has their unique scent) because all they smell is the tobacco smoke so thats not helping at all.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Nobility

do we talking about the danger of cigaretts or about if caro smoked around stefano???
Old 02-25-2006, 12:40 AM
Nobility

Yes were assposed to be talking when Caroline smoked around Stefano. We'll get back to that topic.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Well, now that we have established that Caroline has always smoked, this thread can now be closed.