Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure I have seen everything about charlotte that has been around the Internet for many years. They never were any pics of Charlotte and Valentine shopping together in Saint Rémy or anywhere else.
I don't know if you are imagining things and it is an honest mistake or if you are lying.
If anyone has seen those imaginary pics, could you post the links please?
Tutu, first of all: I am not imagining things, it is not a mistake and I am not lying. Why on earth should I lye?
This is very unrespectful and unpolite of you.
I do remember those pics on an Italian mag ( they were looking at belts ) and I would lye if I said that I am wrong, just to make you feel better.
The fact that you haven't seen them doesn't prove anyting! Have you read all the Italian magazine in the last years?
You haven't even seen the pics in Zurs that Mrs. Smith saw. So I guess that you will start insulting also Mrs.Smith, as you haven't seen those pics.
I couldn't care less if you believe me or not. I have no problems.
If you feel better I will say that you are right, because I am really fed up.
You should only apologize for saying that I am a liar!

Last edited:
Yes, I've seen the pics you are talking about. Pics from 2003. Charlotte and CAROLINE were in Saint-Rémy and they were looking at belts at a street market. Charlotte was wearing a white flowered dress over her trousers. AND VALENTINE WAS NOT THERE.
You can have a look at those pics here:
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/carlotacasiraghistorage/photos/browse/bf63

Is it so hard for you to admit that you were mistaken?
Also I can't remember any pics of Valentine skiing with the casiraghi crowd. Anybody can post a link?

Yes, I've seen the pics you are talking about. Pics from 2003. Charlotte and CAROLINE were in Saint-Rémy and they were looking at belts at a street market. Charlotte was wearing a white flowered dress over her trousers. AND VALENTINE WAS NOT THERE.
You can have a look at those pics here:
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/carlotacasiraghistorage/photos/browse/bf63

Is it so hard for you to admit that you were mistaken?
Also I can't remember any pics of Valentine skiing with the casiraghi crowd. Anybody can post a link?

I cannot open the pic, so I don't know, you could be right.
If I was wrong I haven't any problem to say it. As I told you before, I am happy if you feel better.
Nonetheless, using your words, it is so hard for you to apologize for saying I am liar?
Does this proof that Charlotte and Valentine were not great friends?

Last edited:
I didn't say you were a liar. I just said that I didn't know whether you were making an honest mistake or lying. And it's true. I didn't know then, although I do believe now that it was honest.

About the pics proving or not that they were great friends, well, you're right when you say that that particular pic does not mean anything. But to me, the fact that we've never seen Valentine spend time with Charlotte outside their "jobs" as Marionnaud girls means something.
O.k. maybe they did go out together and the paps never caught them. It's a possibility, but it's weird. They obviously liked each other, spend a lot of time with the same horse crowd and were happy together. But I doubt they ever were best or really close friends.

I didn't say you were a liar. I just said that I didn't know whether you were making an honest mistake or lying. And it's true. I didn't know then, although I do believe now that it was honest.

About the pics proving or not that they were great friends, well, you're right when you say that that particular pic does not mean anything. But to me, the fact that we've never seen Valentine spend time with Charlotte outside their "jobs" as Marionnaud girls means something.
O.k. maybe they did go out together and the paps never caught them. It's a possibility, but it's weird. They obviously liked each other, spend a lot of time with the same horse crowd and were happy together. But I doubt they ever were best or really close friends.

You really can't say that either. Keep in mind that Charlotte has recently gotten more media attention than ever. Times have changed and the paparazzi are really on them now. Also, when Char and Val were friends, they were much younger, so maybe they weren't into shopping and doing public stuff. Or maybe they weren't photographed doing it! Maybe they were content to hang out at each other's houses and do sleep overs. I don't know. But I do think they were close. It's just that as you mature and grow up, close can be defined in different ways.

You really can't say that either. Keep in mind that Charlotte has recently gotten more media attention than ever. Times have changed and the paparazzi are really on them now. Also, when Char and Val were friends, they were much younger, so maybe they weren't into shopping and doing public stuff. Or maybe they weren't photographed doing it! Maybe they were content to hang out at each other's houses and do sleep overs. I don't know. But I do think they were close. It's just that as you mature and grow up, close can be defined in different ways.

I don't agree with you in two things.
Maybe in some countries Charlotte is getting more media attention right now but in my country it is just the oposite. I think that Charlotte received more media atentionwhen she was a teenager than now. Several years ago she appeared in the gossip magazines nearly eveyweak and now you are lucky if you catch her once a month or even less. Maybe it is because for the spanish press Caroline is always the star and so Charlotte was more interesting whe she did things with her, or maybe because she was more stylish back then and so she was more interesting for glossy magazines.
In any case, even if she has become more known in some places these last years, it is not because the media did not follow her in the same way earlier, and all the spanish magazines are the proof.

Also, you forget that Valentine is 2 years older than Charlotte. When they were so close Charlotte was 15-18, and Valentine was 17-20 years old!!!! Do you mean that a 20 years old does not go out to bars and parties and shopping and just sleeps over at her friends as if she was a 13 years old!!!
I.M.O, while Charlotte was just a schoolgirl, Valentine was already going to university and probably living on her own. So, appart from horses they had really different lives. I doubt that someone who seems so independent as valentine (she was a rallye driver at 21, she is a serious horsewoman, has finished her studies at university...) was just sleeping at her friends at 20!

Last edited:
I like Valentine. Most of the pictures I saw between Charlotte and her friends, its her pictures w/ Valentine I like best. They always seem to have fun and enjoyed each other's company, shows real affection between friends.

I like Valentine. Most of the pictures I saw between Charlotte and her friends, its her pictures w/ Valentine I like best. They always seem to have fun and enjoyed each other's company, shows real affection between friends.

I do not doubt there was friendship and affection between them. I just don't think that Valentine was Charlotte's best friend (or even close friend).

well we can never know for sure, unless we get confirmation from Charlotte herself.

I agree (well, mostly) with Tutu's opinion about the relationship between Charlotte and Valentine. They had a common link in the Team Marionnaud. They did know each other before they were both in the team, as they were already both in equestrian competitions in France and Monaco, but the Marionnaud enrollment came along soon after their acquaintance in 2000. I believe they knew other since 1999. I believe that Valentine stays in touch in some measure with Juliette Maillot and Charlotte, but remember that Valentine has been working on university studies and maintaining a equestrian career with Team Marionnaud, so I think that she simply does not have much time left for the social scene that occupies Charlotte's cool new circle. Their lives have gone in very opposite directions.

Now, this is only my belief, or rather personal opinion. It is not based on fact, merely is based on observation. I don't know who gets the single honor of Charlotte's Best Friend, but I believe there are a couple of women who have been her friends from early childhood and, given that they are still good friends to her to this day, one of them might be the coveted BF:
1) Juliette Maillot
2) Eugenie Niarchos

There is also one Wendy Wauters, daughter of the late Eric Wauters, who was a friend of Charlotte as a very young girl, and they bonded in particular through equestrian pursuits. However, I do not remember a photo of them together after roughly 2001/2002. As kids, they seemed very close friends but perhaps the friendship dwindled after the brink of teenage years.

Last edited:
I just had a look at the "girl-friend" photo pages on carl's website and IMO charlotte looks best with valentine. she seems so relaxed and happy there... Maybe it's just because i still dont like eugenie at all - just cant stand this photo pose/face. Cecile at the beginning seemed to be a really nice, down to earth person but after a while she got that spoiled "I'm a celebrity dont bother me" - eugenie look, maybe even worse. carl unfortunately doesnt have any pics of juliette and charlotte in his juliette folder but if I remember well, charlotte seemed very relaxed and happy when they were at the showjumping in monte carlo last year - if i remember well... maybe it's just the showjumping environment/atmosphere ...
so what I'm trying to say is that i want juliette to be her best friend :) but observationwise i agree with casiraghitrio... it's either juliette or eugenie IMO too

Also, you forget that Valentine is 2 years older than Charlotte. When they were so close Charlotte was 15-18, and Valentine was 17-20 years old!!!! Do you mean that a 20 years old does not go out to bars and parties and shopping and just sleeps over at her friends as if she was a 13 years old!!!
I.M.O, while Charlotte was just a schoolgirl, Valentine was already going to university and probably living on her own. So, appart from horses they had really different lives. I doubt that someone who seems so independent as valentine (she was a rallye driver at 21, she is a serious horsewoman, has finished her studies at university...) was just sleeping at her friends at 20!

Charlotte and Val were friends from the time they were young girls and obviously my reference to the sleepovers were referring to that age group. And Charlotte herself didn't really enter society until the last year or so. So it's not crazy to think that Charlotte was a homebody and they preferred to do privte things. Yes, they grew apart. But you can't say they weren't close either. Anyway, MOVING ON from this discussion. . .

None of us can be right or wrong about who is a friend of the Casiraghis and how close they are, etc. Unless we are somehow inside sources, or have inside sources, we can only play at guesswork from observing pictures and patterns of behavior, body language, etc.

So there is no right, and there is no wrong, when it comes to the question of Valentine's friendship with Charlotte. It's not like you get forty lashes or something, BB. :D

The Casiraghi Trio, especially Charlotte, are very mysterious. Maybe that is what many of us love so much about them. The "not knowing" is, in a sense, what makes it all so much fun. :flowers: Imagine how boring if we knew everything. :rolleyes:

I think its quite subjective to clarify whether best friend, good friend or only friend. Maybe, at that time Charlotte spent more time at the equestrian place than at the shopping site or events. Or she will bring someone or other who likes to go shopping, vacation or others. But that's only my assumption..

I've been to events quite few times, but my best friend doesn't like to be at such places, so I have to bring someone else...

I think Charlotte has so many friends and each of the friends represents different 'categories'..shopping, sport, vacation, fashion show :D..we may never know:lol:

I agree (well, mostly) with Tutu's opinion about the relationship between Charlotte and Valentine. They had a common link in the Team Marionnaud. They did know each other before they were both in the team, as they were already both in equestrian competitions in France and Monaco, but the Marionnaud enrollment came along soon after their acquaintance in 2000. I believe they knew other since 1999. I believe that Valentine stays in touch in some measure with Juliette Maillot and Charlotte, but remember that Valentine has been working on university studies and maintaining a equestrian career with Team Marionnaud, so I think that she simply does not have much time left for the social scene that occupies Charlotte's cool new circle. Their lives have gone in very opposite directions.

Now, this is only my belief, or rather personal opinion. It is not based on fact, merely is based on observation. I don't know who gets the single honor of Charlotte's Best Friend, but I believe there are a couple of women who have been her friends from early childhood and, given that they are still good friends to her to this day, one of them might be the coveted BF:
1) Juliette Maillot
2) Eugenie Niarchos

There is also one Wendy Wauters, daughter of the late Eric Wauters, who was a friend of Charlotte as a very young girl, and they bonded in particular through equestrian pursuits. However, I do not remember a photo of them together after roughly 2001/2002. As kids, they seemed very close friends but perhaps the friendship dwindled after the brink of teenage years.

Yeah...ever since Charlotte gave up the equestrian circuit...that's when she lost touch with Valentine. I don't know why she stopped but obviously their interests changed. And also it's been reported that Charlotte was over school so that's another thing...

Her BFF is definitely Eugenie...IMO

Girls like Alice Dellal are only there in her inner circle because of her boyfriend. But Cecile Winckler used to be there because of Felix and now she is pretty much gone...

Wasn't there a family connection between the Grimaldi and the Niarchos families - so, it makes sense that the Cashiraghi trio are friends with Stavros and Eugenie - there are other family connections like the Und de Taxis children (for their names - German royalty), but others like the Winklers and Delalls will come and go.....

I wonder if Char also hangs with the Olsen twins...I know Eugenie is close with MK because her bro dated her. And when they threw that dinner in London for their fashion line, all the girls came except Charlotte.

Ashley was also at that Louboutin/Lynch event that Charlotte did a piece on and there were no pics with them together...it would make sense for them to move in the same circles. They tend to hang around socialites more than actresses...

Great pics! Is it me or is in the "Eugenie partying" pic, Athina Onassis next to her, looking at Eugenie?

Last edited:
in the "group pic", "eugenie, cecile winkler and...", seems like the other girl is julia restoin-roitfeld.

anyway thx julliette, you always manage to find amazing pics....:flowers:

^ yeah I think so too. But the pics aren't very clear...

The pictures seem to be taken by an "insider" who either sold them, or at best, provided them to someone for this sight?!:eek: I say that because mos pictures are posed, or at least taken by someone who was enjoying:lol: the moments w/the gang - not taking them from afar, like the paparazzi might have to. Very interesting.

I like the way Tatiana is dressed; it looks so comfortable.

And yeah, I think they were sold, too. These pictures are so intimate and the paparazzi has truly never been able to catch that natural intimacy without sneaking around or surprising them in the act.

Last edited:
WOW julliette you've found great pictures. but yeah it does look like a friend took and sold those. they look like there having soo much fun and it's still cool cause the girls have on those uber cute motorcycle jackets.

(it's already scorching here in america texas to be specific ! )

i'm new to this whole posting thing and i was just wondering i skemed a few of the earlier threads and like i think i just found out that valintine and charoltte arent besties anymore ????

true or false???

if so thats really sad cause i read they were friends since they wer little

WOW julliette you've found great pictures. but yeah it does look like a friend took and sold those. they look like there having soo much fun and it's still cool cause the girls have on those uber cute motorcycle jackets.

(it's already scorching here in america texas to be specific ! )

i'm new to this whole posting thing and i was just wondering i skemed a few of the earlier threads and like i think i just found out that valintine and charoltte arent besties anymore ????

true or false???

if so thats really sad cause i read they were friends since they wer little

I don't think Valentine and Charlotte have been friends for quite a while, but you, drifting apart happens between friends.

(and could it get any hotter?! Really! I was dying today it was so hot)

yeah oxygen, i know friends drift apart ive expierenced that not too fun :p
i wonder if they found out that their "friend" sold pictures of them wonder what'll happen to the kid...

Exactly - I would think they will remember who was taking shots (whether camera or camera phone) - maybe that person had a one-time invitation to this event in Japan, or was someone's date - but I cannot imagine anyone who grew up w/them, or knows them well from their social circle would do such a thing - leave the prying to the 'razzi!

I do not doubt there was friendship and affection between them. I just don't think that Valentine was Charlotte's best friend (or even close friend).
If I recall correctly, I think Valentine was at Prince Rainier's funeral.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom