Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Alex was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think she would be parading with him around as she does? Do you think Charlotte would even look at him?
It's the same thing i ask about her uncle and newly wife. We'll probably never know
:previous: Well, if she took after her aunt Stephanie, maybe she would...:lol:
LOL you have a point!:lol:

As far as I know the Dellals are millionaires and well introduced in the London high society. They didin't need Charlotte to gain attention in the British circles they are used to attend...........
It's not like they are middle class people who are benefiting from a good connection with the offspring of a Princess. Those Dellals may not look elegant and classy but they are worth millions and didn't need Miss Casiraghi to gain any status or attention.

If Charlotte was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think they would be parading her around as they do? Do you think Alex would even look at her?

Why don't you turn the question around?

If Alex was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think they would be parading him around as they do? Do you think Charlotte would even look at him?

I really don't know why we aren't allowed to say negative things about Charlotte without beiung called trolls, but all kind of negative unfounded opinions about the Dellals are welcomed. There is no reason whatsoever to thing ill of them! Has anyone any concrete accusation besides "I don't like Alex face". It's really shameful how everybody dislikes the guy simply because he is not handsome.

An, oh, really? Andrea Dellal is trash because she appeared in Hello! Well, Charlottes' been in Hello, Hola, Elle and Vogue what does it make of her?
She showed her house? Big crime! Others show their pretty faces and some Grimaldi has even shoewd off her babies!

It is also absurd to to critizice someone because the title of a piece says "Andrea Delall, who's son Alex is the boyfriend of CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI". Andrea Dellal doesn't write the pieces and at least that was a fact. It it's much less shameful than "the über intelectual Charlotte casiraghi" or "the olympic rider charlotte casiraghi"

For perhaps the first time we are completely eye to eye. :flower:

http://Revista HOLA 27 Octubre 2010- You Kioske

The point I'm trying to make, and I think it's a fair point, even if I'm disagreed with, is this.
Why put Charlotte's name in the title? Why couldn't the editor say "Andrea Delall, Wife of Property developer Jack Delall, Mother of Alex Delall..."?
I think it's because no one, even the readers of Hola/Hello, would be interested in them on their own. So......Hey! Lets put Charlotte Casiraghi's name in the headline, everyone knows Charlotte (well the readers of HOLA). Al of a sudden it makes the article a little more interesting. I don't think Andrea herself asked for that headline, but why was she not in HOLA BEFORE her son met Charlotte????????:ermm:

Also, imagine if, before the wedding, Carole Middleton, did the same sort of spread in HELLO with the headline " Carole Middleton, mother of PRINCE WILLIAM's Girlfriend KATE". She would have been crucified by the press and public opinion. But she didn't because she is a smart lady.
Anyway agree or disagree, just trying to make a point.

I am not sure if you followed the Middleton's prior to Catherine's marriage to William but they were DEFINITELY crucified by the press and public before the wedding. When the brother started his cake business, when they were accused (unjustly IMO) of profiting from the royal wedding because they sold British (not pics of William and Kate but pics of the Union Jack! I mean the nerve of them!) souvenirs.

Does Andrea work for the magazine? For all we know she could have been approached for an article with a different working title and the magazine took it upon THEMSELVES to add the Charlotte bit for those of us who weren't aware of the connection.

Either way, anyone who deals with a rich and famous family is going to have detractors no matter what they do. Honestly, I totally understand why they come off with an arrogant attitude that they will do with that want. People believe what they want to believe.

If you don't like someone (the Dellals, Charlene, Charlotte, or whomever) there isn't much that can be do in this instant age (where pics are taken in milliseconds and posted to a world wide web) and people make up their minds on people (lets face it) none of us really know!

I think it's because no one, even the readers of Hola/Hello, would be interested in them on their own

I'm sorry Vanya but I still think your point is not valid because you said that was proof that Dellals weren't better know in England than Charlotte and you said Andrea appeared in Hello! introduced as Charlotte's boyfriend mother
But she isn't intoduced like that in Hello. She is introduced with Charlotte's name in ¡Hola! And Hola! readers aren't british.

Also, imagine if, before the wedding, Carole Middleton, did the same sort of spread in HELLO with the headline " Carole Middleton, mother of PRINCE WILLIAM's Girlfriend KATE". She would have been crucified by the press and public opinion. But she didn't because she is a smart lady.
Anyway agree or disagree, just trying to make a point.

As Zonk already explained, the Middeltons were crucified, but even if they hadn't been, you can't compare! The british royals are real heads of State!
Kate, Letizia, Máxima, Daniel Westling... this are people married to real heads of state. Their families don't show their homes in Hola, BUT their husbands/wives don't appear on the cover of Vogue either!
Can you imagine William, Felipe, Willem or Victoria posing for Vogue, attenting fashion party after fashion party or being sponsored by Gucci? They wouldn't just be crucified! They would have to renounce the throne!

Andrea Dellal behaves as a papier couché celebrity does. They same thing Charlotte does. And there is nothing wrong about it. Both do it in a classy elegant way. None of them is Paris Hilton!
But they aren't royals. They are celebrities. And they behave as such. Both of them.

Also, you said that Andrea Dellal was not in ¡Hola! before Charlotte. How do you know? Maybe she was, and you just didn't notice her because you didn't know her.

Last edited:
Andrea Dellal in Harper's Bazar:
Fashion House: At Home with the Dellal

The catch line is: Welcome to the drop-dead-cool world of the Dellals.
Andrea doesn't mention Charlotte at all.
She is only mentioned by the journalist inside the article, in small print, and in the same way that Isabella Ramsay, niece of the Earl of Darhousie is mentioned, as one of her children's relations. Do the Dellals also display Isabella Ramsay?
The only boyfriend/girlfriend any of the Dellal''s talk about is Maxim, Charlotte's Dellal husband.

Last edited:
The Dellal family MIGHT be known in UK but i think only in UK and only for the last years. But if you tslk about the continental europe they were fully uknown before Charlotte started datinh Alex. Same for Tatiana. Before Andrea she and the santo Domingo family were fully uknown. It is not the same for Beatrice. The Borromeos is a well non historical family and they were famous before she met Pierrr. But the Casiraghi trio is worlwide famous since now 3 generations! Since Grace Kelly (already famous)becamea Princess. For more than 55 years most of the existing European magazines have hosted moments of the Monaco family. But i do not think that before Charlott you could find a large coverage of the Dellals.Maybe a little..whe Alex dated Elisabeth Jagger. I can not say if the Dellals are displaying Charlotte and if she cares about that, but the press knows that they sell better with the Charlotte connection than that talking about the Dellalgirlfriend!

The Dellal family MIGHT be known in UK but i think only in UK and only for the last years. But if you tslk about the continental europe they were fully uknown before Charlotte started datinh Alex. Same for Tatiana. Before Andrea she and the santo Domingo family were fully uknown. It is not the same for Beatrice. The Borromeos is a well non historical family and they were famous before she met Pierrr. But the Casiraghi trio is worlwide famous since now 3 generations! Since Grace Kelly (already famous)becamea Princess. For more than 55 years most of the existing European magazines have hosted moments of the Monaco family. But i do not think that before Charlott you could find a large coverage of the Dellals.Maybe a little..whe Alex dated Elisabeth Jagger. I can not say if the Dellals are displaying Charlotte and if she cares about that, but the press knows that they sell better with the Charlotte connection than that talking about the Dellalgirlfriend!
Thank You! I totally agree!!!:flowers:

Dellal or Casiraghi......does it really matter one way or the other? Some people know one, some people know the other, most don't know either.

I'm sorry Vanya but I still think your point is not valid because you said that was proof that Dellals weren't better know in England than Charlotte and you said Andrea appeared in Hello! introduced as Charlotte's boyfriend mother
But she isn't intoduced like that in Hello. She is introduced with Charlotte's name in ¡Hola! And Hola! readers aren't british.

As Zonk already explained, the Middeltons were crucified, but even if they hadn't been, you can't compare! The british royals are real heads of State!
Kate, Letizia, Máxima, Daniel Westling... this are people married to real heads of state. Their families don't show their homes in Hola, BUT their husbands/wives don't appear on the cover of Vogue either!
Can you imagine William, Felipe, Willem or Victoria posing for Vogue, attenting fashion party after fashion party or being sponsored by Gucci? They wouldn't just be crucified! They would have to renounce the throne!

Andrea Dellal behaves as a papier couché celebrity does. They same thing Charlotte does. And there is nothing wrong about it. Both do it in a classy elegant way. None of them is Paris Hilton!
But they aren't royals. They are celebrities. And they behave as such. Both of them.

Also, you said that Andrea Dellal was not in ¡Hola! before Charlotte. How do you know? Maybe she was, and you just didn't notice her because you didn't know her.
Zonk is quite right the Middleton's were crucified, and with no real basis, I agree with Zonk on that. The point being IF they did behave in a certain way, like doing exclusive spreads in HELLO, using Prince Williams name to beef up the piece, there would have been even more negative backlash, and ,
with justification. IMO.
As far as HOLA/HELLO, I'm a regular reader of HOLA, for many years now. It is much more available where I live due to our spanish speaking population.
I pretty much read HELLO online. The point being is that prior to Andrea's recent article she was NEVER in HOLA. If I missed something someone on here, I'm sure, will point it out.
Wether or not the Delall's are displaying Charlotte we don't really know, we can only go by appearances and what we see in the press.
Being connected to Charlotte is a social cache for them, her uncle is a head of state, a state that is a member of the UN. Her mother is a high profile Princess, etc. etc.
It is just my opinion, and we are all entitled to our opinion's that if it wern't for Charlotte, we would not know about the Delall's. Aside from bit's and pieces in Tatler and Harpers & Queen. They could be a very nice family, but it seems to me that their connection to Charlotte has elavated them, so much that I don't think HOLA would have put Andrea on the front/first article, that has been, and again I've been an HOLA regular for many years, for major players, which IMO Andrea Delall is NOT!:lol:

Mary and Frederick posed this year for a German magazine, don´t remember if it was a Vogue version, when she was still pregnant, showing off their children and luxury way of life in the new palace. And then the Grimaldi´s are said to be tacky. Well, C. Wittstock did the same, and then asked for privacy:bang:

The Dellals may be know in England because of their fortune and connections( btw, not every rich is seen among celebrities, I´d say most of them want to remain unknown, but the new rich like to show off, and we know the Dellals belong to this group); Charlotte instead is known throughout the world. Of course Not everybody knows her, why should they? many people just dont have idea of royals, teens are interested in other issues. People who are interested in royals, read magazines from time to time, and have a general culture of the world will know who Charlotte is, i.e, Grace, Monaco, Caroline...

Last edited:
Mary and Frederick posed this year for a German magazine, don´t remember if it was a Vogue version, when she was still pregnant, showing off their children and luxury way of life in the new palace. And then the Grimaldi´s are said to be tacky. Well, C. Wittstock did the same, and then asked for privacy:bang:

The Dellals may be know in England because of their fortune and connections( btw, not every rich is seen among celebrities, I´d say most of them want to remain unknown, but the new rich like to show off, and we know the Dellals belong to this group); Charlotte instead is known throughout the world. Of course Not everybody knows her, why should they? many people just dont have idea of royals, teens are interested in other issues. People who are interested in royals, read magazines from time to time, and have a general culture of the world will know who Charlotte is, i.e, Grace, Monaco, Caroline...

Exactly. You touch every point correctly

Dellal or Casiraghi......does it really matter one way or the other? Some people know one, some people know the other, most don't know either.

Exactly.

This discussion is going in circles and has become pretty pointless.
Of course people on this forum are going to argue that Casiraghis are the most famous of the crowd, but they really aren't. Most people who know them (who aren't royal watchers) know them through fashion and society columns, and as far as fashion goes, there are much more "famous" kids than them.

Exactly.

Of course people on this forum are going to argue that Casiraghis are the most famous of the crowd, but they really aren't. Most people who know them (who aren't royal watchers) know them through fashion and society columns, and as far as fashion goes, there are much more "famous" kids than them.

Not the MOST famous, just more famous than the Dellals. But i agree with you the discusion is endless and becomes tiring.

Last edited:
Exactly.

I absolutely agree with you shappica and NGalitzine.

rosana said:
The Dellals may be know in England because of their fortune and connections( btw, not every rich is seen among celebrities, I´d say most of them want to remain unknown, but the new rich like to show off, and we know the Dellals belong to this group)

exactly. This is why I would say that they appear to ride Charlottes coattails a bit. However this discussion is getting a bit tedious. So I'd just like to say that I suppose this is why they say that "Modesty is the best policy" .. If the DeLalls were a bit more modest and low profile, we probably wouldn't be questioning their intentions.

^ She wears a ring on her left hand a lot. I remember at this year's Monaco Grand Prix the media made a big deal about it too. But sometimes she wears it on her left and sometimes not. I don't think it really means anything.

:queen3: Oh yes, Princess Charlotte is really beautiful person; and the eyes perhaps a little bit too serious?

^ She's not Princess Charlotte. She's Charlotte Casiraghi. Her great Grandmother was a princess, her grandmother was a princess by marriage, and her mother is a princess, but she is not.

^Actually, that pic is from Bea's sister's wedding. Is not new. But thanks anyway! ;)

:previous:Sorry if it's a repost, Nat, but I'm not a big fan of the trio and their friends, so I rarely follow them.;) I know you're a great opinionist instead.;)

:previous:Sorry if it's a repost, Nat, but I'm not a big fan of the trio and their friends, so I rarely follow them.;) I know you're a great opinionist instead.;)
Don't worry, thanks for the contribution!

:flowers::flowers:

Back
Top Bottom