The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah. basically he said: "I was born in Morrocos and now I live in Paris with a princess. But reality, in this case, is much better than any movie"

Old 07-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Courtier

This is wrong, he shouldn't even be talking about this kind of thing, it's private.

Personally, it makes me think less of the both of them.

Bad PR move on his part. *two thumbs down*

Usually I don't say anything, just read the boards when I can, but this made me come out of hiding. At least when Kate & William were living together in sin they didn't give an interview about it. I thank them for that at least.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

It makes me think he is using Charlotte for international publicity.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't like it too. Sounded to me something like he was holding a trophee: "hey look at me, what the poor guy from Morrocos achieved in life, living in Paris and with a princess". like if living with a princess, whoever she is, is something that gives him status, a trophee
Old 07-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

I agree Juliette.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Aristocracy

I though the same about what he said, like she is a trophy
Old 07-27-2012, 04:25 AM
Heir Apparent

He describes the relation with her like if it was the achievement of a long life of effort.... Born in Maroc (it does not mean that he was born in the streets...), facing constant problems like every poor illegal immigrant (!!!!!) and now he arrived in Paris and he "cought" a Princess!!!\
A fairy tale, like a male Cinderella!
I really dont' like!!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with all of you, dears. Maybe he didn't want it to sound like that, that he's with a Princess! But of course i don't like his behavour. It is so hard being in the case of Charlotte and any other person who comes from a royal family, because you don't know what exactly someone wants from you. Gad has fall in LOTS of luck, having a younger woman by his side, plus, she is a princess, plus the tabloids often talk about them.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

If I'm not wrong, even Alex Dellal (which most of us disliked) has never done this kind of declaration...
Let's consider his declarration like a simple gaffe, and wait how Charlotte will react.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
If I'm not wrong, even Alex Dellal (which most of us disliked) has never done this kind of declaration...
Let's consider his declarration like a simple gaffe, and wait how Charlotte will react.
You're right. He - at least for me - seemed very much down to earth when it comes to date a "Princess'!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post

Yes, just a simple gaffe. Actors excell when reading a script. Not everyone is a electrifying speaker. "The beautiful love of my life" would have been better. We have all blabbed something and wished that we had articulated our thoughts or feelings a bit better.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Commoner

lost in translation?

"Nací en Marruecos y ahora vivo en París junto a una Princesa. Pero la realidad, en este caso, es mejor que cualquier película"

When I read this I read it like this...

"I was born in Morocco and now I live in Paris near a princess. But the reality in this case is much better than any movie."

Now I speak English and Spanish. and the word "junto" means near or close to or so this might all just be one of those words that gets lost in translation. They might not even be dating at all and with this quote the press assumed they were. For all we know they could be just friendly neighbors. In Spanish junto can also mean together but if you want to say you live with someone it would look more like this..

"vivo con una princess" which translates to "I live with a princess." Any who just my two cents...
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Aristocracy

You can't take the Spanish reference as source, probably the interview was in English or French.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Commoner

I agree. We dont really know in what language the interview was done. The main foreign languages in Morocco according to wikipedia are English, Spanish, and French with Arabic being the main one.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Courtier

I love Gad as much as the next fan. I love his movies, his acting, his adorable personality IN those movies, and also I find him weirdly attractive. That said, this quote was tasteless, and no amount of analyzing or language-translating can change the implicit meaning which is essentially, "Look how far I've come up: I'm dating a princess!" Whether he meant to or not (I certainly hope the latter), he's basically reducing Charlotte to an object or a trophy of sorts, as someone said before. Not to mention that she is not, in fact, a princess.

He tried to qualify it by saying, the reality is better than any movie, but he's still basically using her status to define his, no matter which way you look at it. I know men often look at women and consider what she will say about him, but it's still distasteful.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
I love Gad as much as the next fan. I love his movies, his acting, his adorable personality IN those movies, and also I find him weirdly attractive. That said, this quote was tasteless, and no amount of analyzing or language-translating can change the implicit meaning which is essentially, "Look how far I've come up: I'm dating a princess!" Whether he meant to or not (I certainly hope the latter), he's basically reducing Charlotte to an object or a trophy of sorts, as someone said before. Not to mention that she is not, in fact, a princess.

He tried to qualify it by saying, the reality is better than any movie, but he's still basically using her status to define his, no matter which way you look at it. I know men often look at women and consider what she will say about him, but it's still distasteful.
Foot in mouth disease is only controlled by trial and error.There is no cure
Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Courtier

Gad Elmaleh talked about Charlotte in ELLE France (published on 11/17) - personnal translation:
Question: If you had to go into exile somewhere, would you choose Belgium or Monaco, beautiful Charlotte's Rock?
Answer: To go into exile, it's not my philosophy... But if I had to choose, for a week end, I would say Monaco! Simply to see people I love. This blissful smile when I say this must surely talk for me...

During the whole interview the journalist talks to him about money (which is the theme of his new movie, directed by Costa Gavras) and Gad Elmaleh insists on the fact that he is a simple man, conscious of his success, who doesn't forget that at the beginning he had no money.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Courtier

New interview of Gad Elmaleh: Gad Elmaleh et Charlotte Casiraghi- la discrétion une règle de conduite

There is an interesting extract about him and paparazzis (so it concerns a bit Charlotte too):
"There is a good protection in France. Paparazzis do their job. I attack them. I know what to do to avoid being exposed. I don't go to Saint Tropez in the middle of august." No, he doesn't go to Saint Tropez in the middle of august, he prefers Corsica!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Courtier

Looks like Alex didn't go just for a pretty face:

Elsa Sednaoui: a top model in the arab revolts:

Traductor de Google

She seems like an interesting person.

And, on a lighter note: apparently Alex and Charlotte met again at the little black jacket expo a couple of months ago.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Looks like Alex didn't go just for a pretty face:

Elsa Sednaoui: a top model in the arab revolts:

Traductor de Google

She seems like an interesting person.

And, on a lighter note: apparently Alex and Charlotte met again at the little black jacket expo a couple of months ago.
Where is it mentioned that Alex and Char met again?

Indeed, Elisa is very beautiful and seems quite interesting.