The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1281  
Old 10-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Vanya Trubetskoy's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Evanston, United States
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Hi Charlie Chan.....I used to love watching your old movies on late night tv. LOL
LoL!
Your in the UK, is Alex more well known than Charlotte?
I made that joke, but it's just my impression, not living in Britain, that she is more well known.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1282  
Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
Charlotte may be known to a few fashionistas but beyond that I doubt too many people on the high street would have a clue. While Alex is probably a bit more known he is not exactly a national figure either. French posters have previously pointed out that Charlotte is not exactly a national figure in France either. Their fame may be confined to followers of gossip columns, fashion/society magazines and these forums,
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1283  
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm Beach, United States
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
You're obviously misinformed. Rita hayworth married prince Aly Khan, son of the Aga Khan, a much higher, rich, politicaly important and religiously influent prince than Rainier of Monaco. They were in the cover of every cinema magazine and newspaper of the 50's.
The Aga Khan is also very relevant in the horse world.
The Aga Khan is one of the richest people in Europe and he is specially reputed for his races horses both in France and the U.K. While she was married to him Rita Hayworth owned a filly who came in second at l'Arc de Triomphe, the same race Charlotte attended a couple of weeks ago at Longchamp.

And you know what's even funnier? They had a daughter, princess Yasmin Aga Khan, who also had a son. The grand son of world famous actress Rita Hayworth and a Prince. Did you know him?

If you didn't know about any of this, why should other people know about Grace Kelly's marriage?



I really don't get what do you qualify as "status". Do you think it is something you inherit from your parent's working life? Well, Charlotte is the descendant of an italian businessman and a woman who has done nothing relevant to speak of.
I still fail to see what makes a dellar less than a casiraghi.
I didn't know that about Rita Hayworth. Some women are just able to garner more attention than others. I don't believe her wedding was televised and viewed by 30 million people... that's why people know Grace Kelly. When Kate married Prince William, people brought up the weddings of Princess Diana and Grace Kelly because they were also major television attractions. I don't remember once hearing anything about the wedding of Rita Hayworth.. did anyone else???

Look, I'm not arguing who is a bigger name.. Rita Hayworth or Grace Kelly.
But I will say that I don't believe the Dellal's are anywhere on the same level as Charlotte's family, and that in some ways it seems like they ride her coattails and use their connection to her to get more attention. I don't like that, and I think its pathetic.

And in terms of status... let me put it this way..
There are lots of people in the world with the wealth of the Dellals. But not everyone can say they are related to a Head of State. Not everyone can say their mother was a princess either. That's what I mean by status. Charlotte will be 'famous' (or at least a micro-celebrity) forever. If the Delalls go broke tomorrow, no one would ever speak of them again.
Reply With Quote
  #1284  
Old 10-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,332
I really think its about perception as well as what interests you. If it interests you you make it your business to know more about a particular subject.

I personally knew of Rita Hayworth from her film career as well as her marriages. Aly Khan was also in the mix (from my perspective) because of Thelma Furness, who was a former lover of Edward, Prince of Wales (later Duke of Windsor). They (Aly and Thelma) were briefly involved when Thelma sailed either to or from America to support her sister during the Vanderbilt custody case. This is when Thelma asked Wallis to look after the "little man" for her while she was away. It is alleged that when Thelma was either sailing to or from England, she met Aly Khan at a party and he wanted to get to know her better. She said I can't I am sailing, and he turned up on her ship the next day or so. So that's how I know of Aly Khan.

The jet set life of the European and American rich don't interest me and therefore my only connection to the Dellals are thru Charlotte. And honestly, if her mother hadn't married Stefano, I wouldn't know anything (what little I do know) about the Casiraghi's. Because they don't interest me. But I do know about the Grimaldi's because what....Yes, you guess correct! They interest me!

So really its all semantics if you ask me. For those who follow the rich and famous, they might be more familiar with the Dellals than some of us. I do, however think its unfair to say that they are using Charlotte without having some definite proof. How do you know this to be true, if you have never really followed them? Perhaps they were always well known to some, but Alex's relationship with Charlotte just took it to another level. Because people are now interested in him. And therefore he (as well as his family) is getting additional press. I noticed that Beatrice's mother was in Hello! a while back and normally I would have skipped right pass the article (although the pics of her home were awesome) but the article tagged her to Pierre. So guess what...now I am interested in reading the article.

The Spencers, for example in England, were well known in the British circles as they had been courtiers and on the fringes of royal life for years but many of us only learned about them when Diana married Charles.

Its all about what interests you. From the snippet of the picture --- it looked like they were posing for a picture when someone either called Charlotte or got her attention and that's why she looks distracted. If you look in any photo album in the world in any household, you might notice the same thing.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #1285  
Old 10-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya Trubetskoy View Post
Of course they are displaying her!!! Thats the sort of people they are. Not that I know them personally, but looking at their actions.
A few months ago Alex's mother made a BIG SPLASH in Hola, showing her apartment in Rio, and in the title for the piece it said something like "Andea Delall, who's son Alex is the boyfriend of CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI".
I really don't know why we aren't allowed to say negative things about Charlotte without beiung called trolls, but all kind of negative unfounded opinions about the Dellals are welcomed. There is no reason whatsoever to thing ill of them! Has anyone any concrete accusation besides "I don't like Alex face". It's really shameful how everybody dislikes the guy simply because he is not handsome.

An, oh, really? Andrea Dellal is trash because she appeared in Hello! Well, Charlottes' been in Hello, Hola, Elle and Vogue what does it make of her?
She showed her house? Big crime! Others show their pretty faces and some Grimaldi has even shoewd off her babies!

It is also absurd to to critizice someone because the title of a piece says "Andrea Delall, who's son Alex is the boyfriend of CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI". Andrea Dellal doesn't write the pieces and at least that was a fact. It it's much less shameful than "the über intelectual Charlotte casiraghi" or "the olympic rider charlotte casiraghi"
Reply With Quote
  #1286  
Old 10-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

I do, however think its unfair to say that they are using Charlotte without having some definite proof. How do you know this to be true, if you have never really followed them? Perhaps they were always well known to some, but Alex's relationship with Charlotte just took it to another level. Because people are now interested in him. And therefore he (as well as his family) is getting additional press. I noticed that Beatrice's mother was in Hello! a while back and normally I would have skipped right pass the article (although the pics of her home were awesome) but the article tagged her to Pierre. So guess what...now I am interested in reading the article.

The Spencers, for example in England, were well known in the British circles as they had been courtiers and on the fringes of royal life for years but many of us only learned about them when Diana married Charles.

Its all about what interests you. From the snippet of the picture --- it looked like they were posing for a picture when someone either called Charlotte or got her attention and that's why she looks distracted. If you look in any photo album in the world in any household, you might notice the same thing.
I agree 100% with you. I really can't understand what does evybody have against the Dellals (and I didn't know them either before Alex started dating Charlotte)
Reply With Quote
  #1287  
Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,698
Well, everybody has different opinions. For some, the Dellals are a sort of gold digging family that uses Charlotte to gain more "status"
For others, the Dellals are a regular family, just that they happen to have millions in their back accounts.
I didn't like Alex first. Now he started to grown on me. He might not be handsome, but he looks polite, interesting, i've read a few interviews about him. They guy knows about arts.
He probably is one of those guys that doesn't attrack you for his face, but his intelectual side.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
Reply With Quote
  #1288  
Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm Beach, United States
Posts: 47
If Charlotte was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think they would be parading her around as they do? Do you think Alex would even look at her?
Reply With Quote
  #1289  
Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
shappica's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanQueen View Post
If Charlotte was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think they would be parading her around as they do? Do you think Alex would even look at her?
If Alex was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think she would be parading with him around as she does? Do you think Charlotte would even look at him?
Reply With Quote
  #1290  
Old 10-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,639
Well, if she took after her aunt Stephanie, maybe she would...
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #1291  
Old 10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica View Post
If Alex was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think she would be parading with him around as she does? Do you think Charlotte would even look at him?
It's the same thing i ask about her uncle and newly wife. We'll probably never know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Well, if she took after her aunt Stephanie, maybe she would...
LOL you have a point!
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
Reply With Quote
  #1292  
Old 10-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 126
As far as I know the Dellals are millionaires and well introduced in the London high society. They didin't need Charlotte to gain attention in the British circles they are used to attend...........
It's not like they are middle class people who are benefiting from a good connection with the offspring of a Princess. Those Dellals may not look elegant and classy but they are worth millions and didn't need Miss Casiraghi to gain any status or attention.
Reply With Quote
  #1293  
Old 10-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanQueen View Post
If Charlotte was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think they would be parading her around as they do? Do you think Alex would even look at her?
Why don't you turn the question around?

If Alex was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think they would be parading him around as they do? Do you think Charlotte would even look at him?
Reply With Quote
  #1294  
Old 10-14-2011, 04:08 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Well, if she took after her aunt Stephanie, maybe she would...
Oh Tosca! you are sooo right.
Reply With Quote
  #1295  
Old 10-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
I really don't know why we aren't allowed to say negative things about Charlotte without beiung called trolls, but all kind of negative unfounded opinions about the Dellals are welcomed. There is no reason whatsoever to thing ill of them! Has anyone any concrete accusation besides "I don't like Alex face". It's really shameful how everybody dislikes the guy simply because he is not handsome.

An, oh, really? Andrea Dellal is trash because she appeared in Hello! Well, Charlottes' been in Hello, Hola, Elle and Vogue what does it make of her?
She showed her house? Big crime! Others show their pretty faces and some Grimaldi has even shoewd off her babies!

It is also absurd to to critizice someone because the title of a piece says "Andrea Delall, who's son Alex is the boyfriend of CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI". Andrea Dellal doesn't write the pieces and at least that was a fact. It it's much less shameful than "the über intelectual Charlotte casiraghi" or "the olympic rider charlotte casiraghi"
For perhaps the first time we are completely eye to eye. :flower:
Reply With Quote
  #1296  
Old 10-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Vanya Trubetskoy's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Evanston, United States
Posts: 181
http://Revista HOLA 27 Octubre 2010- You Kioske

The point I'm trying to make, and I think it's a fair point, even if I'm disagreed with, is this.
Why put Charlotte's name in the title? Why couldn't the editor say "Andrea Delall, Wife of Property developer Jack Delall, Mother of Alex Delall..."?
I think it's because no one, even the readers of Hola/Hello, would be interested in them on their own. So......Hey! Lets put Charlotte Casiraghi's name in the headline, everyone knows Charlotte (well the readers of HOLA). Al of a sudden it makes the article a little more interesting. I don't think Andrea herself asked for that headline, but why was she not in HOLA BEFORE her son met Charlotte????????

Also, imagine if, before the wedding, Carole Middleton, did the same sort of spread in HELLO with the headline " Carole Middleton, mother of PRINCE WILLIAM's Girlfriend KATE". She would have been crucified by the press and public opinion. But she didn't because she is a smart lady.
Anyway agree or disagree, just trying to make a point.
Reply With Quote
  #1297  
Old 10-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,332
I am not sure if you followed the Middleton's prior to Catherine's marriage to William but they were DEFINITELY crucified by the press and public before the wedding. When the brother started his cake business, when they were accused (unjustly IMO) of profiting from the royal wedding because they sold British (not pics of William and Kate but pics of the Union Jack! I mean the nerve of them!) souvenirs.

Does Andrea work for the magazine? For all we know she could have been approached for an article with a different working title and the magazine took it upon THEMSELVES to add the Charlotte bit for those of us who weren't aware of the connection.

Either way, anyone who deals with a rich and famous family is going to have detractors no matter what they do. Honestly, I totally understand why they come off with an arrogant attitude that they will do with that want. People believe what they want to believe.

If you don't like someone (the Dellals, Charlene, Charlotte, or whomever) there isn't much that can be do in this instant age (where pics are taken in milliseconds and posted to a world wide web) and people make up their minds on people (lets face it) none of us really know!
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #1298  
Old 10-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya Trubetskoy View Post
I think it's because no one, even the readers of Hola/Hello, would be interested in them on their own
I'm sorry Vanya but I still think your point is not valid because you said that was proof that Dellals weren't better know in England than Charlotte and you said Andrea appeared in Hello! introduced as Charlotte's boyfriend mother
But she isn't intoduced like that in Hello. She is introduced with Charlotte's name in ¡Hola! And Hola! readers aren't british.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya Trubetskoy View Post
Also, imagine if, before the wedding, Carole Middleton, did the same sort of spread in HELLO with the headline " Carole Middleton, mother of PRINCE WILLIAM's Girlfriend KATE". She would have been crucified by the press and public opinion. But she didn't because she is a smart lady.
Anyway agree or disagree, just trying to make a point.
As Zonk already explained, the Middeltons were crucified, but even if they hadn't been, you can't compare! The british royals are real heads of State!
Kate, Letizia, Máxima, Daniel Westling... this are people married to real heads of state. Their families don't show their homes in Hola, BUT their husbands/wives don't appear on the cover of Vogue either!
Can you imagine William, Felipe, Willem or Victoria posing for Vogue, attenting fashion party after fashion party or being sponsored by Gucci? They wouldn't just be crucified! They would have to renounce the throne!

Andrea Dellal behaves as a papier couché celebrity does. They same thing Charlotte does. And there is nothing wrong about it. Both do it in a classy elegant way. None of them is Paris Hilton!
But they aren't royals. They are celebrities. And they behave as such. Both of them.

Also, you said that Andrea Dellal was not in ¡Hola! before Charlotte. How do you know? Maybe she was, and you just didn't notice her because you didn't know her.
Reply With Quote
  #1299  
Old 10-15-2011, 05:40 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Andrea Dellal in Harper's Bazar:
Fashion House: At Home with the Dellal

The catch line is: Welcome to the drop-dead-cool world of the Dellals.
Andrea doesn't mention Charlotte at all.
She is only mentioned by the journalist inside the article, in small print, and in the same way that Isabella Ramsay, niece of the Earl of Darhousie is mentioned, as one of her children's relations. Do the Dellals also display Isabella Ramsay?
The only boyfriend/girlfriend any of the Dellal''s talk about is Maxim, Charlotte's Dellal husband.
Reply With Quote
  #1300  
Old 10-15-2011, 03:31 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,871
The Dellal family MIGHT be known in UK but i think only in UK and only for the last years. But if you tslk about the continental europe they were fully uknown before Charlotte started datinh Alex. Same for Tatiana. Before Andrea she and the santo Domingo family were fully uknown. It is not the same for Beatrice. The Borromeos is a well non historical family and they were famous before she met Pierrr. But the Casiraghi trio is worlwide famous since now 3 generations! Since Grace Kelly (already famous)becamea Princess. For more than 55 years most of the existing European magazines have hosted moments of the Monaco family. But i do not think that before Charlott you could find a large coverage of the Dellals.Maybe a little..whe Alex dated Elisabeth Jagger. I can not say if the Dellals are displaying Charlotte and if she cares about that, but the press knows that they sell better with the Charlotte connection than that talking about the Dellalgirlfriend!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Resemblance Between Charlotte and Joséphine-Charlotte bct88 Luxembourg and Nassau Royal History 42 03-29-2014 08:08 PM
Hello Friends................ Sheikh M. Aasif Member Introductions 1 07-30-2007 11:07 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat courtship crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events december 2015 duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haldane kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince harken in canada princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit from mexico state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises