The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actually, i didn't like her shoes. But i did like her outfit.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Royal Highness

Small zimbio gallery without tags

Charlotte Casiraghi Pictures - Dellal hosts art show - Zimbio

Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Commoner

Haha oh god.. The body language in that zimbio gallery is weird. In one picture Alex has his hand on Charlotte's shoulder which looks completely devoid of any sexual chemistry. In all of those pictures it looks like the DeLall's are putting Charlotte on display. :-/ (Especially the one with Alex and his mother.)
It's as if they are saying, "TA-DA!! Look! Look! Everybody look who we have here with us!!!!"

Charlotte looks great though, I love her blazer and once again her choice of shoes.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

I can't believe Charlotte complained about her shoes. Miu Miu will not be happy.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanQueen View Post
Haha oh god.. The body language in that zimbio gallery is weird. In one picture Alex has his hand on Charlotte's shoulder which looks completely devoid of any sexual chemistry. In all of those pictures it looks like the DeLall's are putting Charlotte on display. :-/ (Especially the one with Alex and his mother.)
It's as if they are saying, "TA-DA!! Look! Look! Everybody look who we have here with us!!!!"

Charlotte looks great though, I love her blazer and once again her choice of shoes.
Ahah good point about his hand I've noticed that many times before, he seems to always do that to Charlotte. Seems kind of protective which is somehow cute but really lacks sexual chemistry Maybe it means nothing, it's just his way

About the Dellal's attitude, I 've noticed that before as well which is something that really intrigues me about them. On one hand, they seem to be very nice, to have welcomed Charlotte and her familly very well, Alex seems a supportive boyfriend and not really like to appear on photos but, on the other hand, they give me that vibe of "Look who we have here" That's why I can never decide if I like this family or not...
Old 10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
^ Thank you for the info, and thank you for the pics! I think that I'm going to go to bed early tonight: I need a good night of sleeping because it seems that I didn't understand anything of the article I posted below!

Edit: an other article about the opening . There is a gallery of 4 pics (only one of them shows Charlotte). The article opens with the shortest interview of Charlotte in history: a sentence in which she says that her shoes are pretty cute but that she has difficulties to walk with.
Wow, how profound... quite a philosophical breakthrough... the damn shoes make my feet hurt like hell, but i'll step on them anyway!!! Oh Pleeeeaaase!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post

About the Dellal's attitude, I 've noticed that before as well which is something that really intrigues me about them. On one hand, they seem to be very nice, to have welcomed Charlotte and her familly very well, Alex seems a supportive boyfriend and not really like to appear on photos but, on the other hand, they give me that vibe of "Look who we have here" That's why I can never decide if I like this family or not...
To me.. this photo says it all. They are literally putting her on display.
I don't like it, and she looks uncomfortable.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I don't think they were displaying Charlotte. While the Dellalls are rather well known in the London scen, most british people don't even know that Charlotte exists. She is not a celebrity in the U.K. Alex is.
I think he is simply introducing her to someone.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep

I don't think they were displaying Charlotte. While the Dellalls are rather well known in the London scen, most british people don't even know that Charlotte exists. She is not a celebrity in the U.K.
Grace Kelly was one of the biggest names of the 20th century, and Charlotte is her beautiful granddaughter. In terms of status that far outweighs the DeLalls, regardless of what part of the world you're in, especially when you consider Grace Kelly married into a Royal family. Furthermore, Charlotte is the daughter of a Princess. The DeLall children are in the same boat as Charlotte, they are known for the family they were born into... But in terms of 'status' these families are in no way on the same level. Even if no one knows who Charlotte is, its still understandable why they would put her on display.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Gentry

Well maybe in the UK they know who Grace Kelly was ( a famous , A-list actress turned princess ), but not who Charlotte Casiraghi ( just the daughter of....) is........
Old 10-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Grace Kelly was one of the biggest names of the 20th century, and Charlotte is her beautiful granddaughter. In terms of status that far outweighs the DeLalls, regardless of what part of the world you're in, especially when you consider Grace Kelly married into a Royal family. Furthermore, Charlotte is the daughter of a Princess. The DeLall children are in the same boat as Charlotte, they are known for the family they were born into... But in terms of 'status' these families are in no way on the same level. Even if no one knows who Charlotte is, its still understandable why they would put her on display.
Exactly. As Thalita just said, they know who Grace Kelly was, of course. This doesn't mean that most people know if she had or had not a grand daughter and who she is or looks. Do you know if Ava Gardner has any gran daugthers? Rita Hayworth? Audrey Hepburn? Why should they know about Grace Kelly family?

Charlotte does appear in Hello! magazine that that's for 2 reasons.
One, because Hello! is only the british branch of Hola magazine from Spain and they share their contents. People from Spain will confirm this: I don't know how many times I've opened the magazine to find a 10 pages editorial about "the princes of such and such show us her house" or "the niece of the great actress X shows us hr new life", and ?'ve been like "who the hell is this person?".
Two, Charlotte's started to appear a bit more on Hello! since she started dating Alex and many people in the UKw'd never heard about her read her name for the first time. Again, if you walk a street in London and asK: do you know Charlotte Casiraghi you would get a blank look from narly every body.

Also, prior to dating Charlotte, Alex was gooing out with Elizabeth Jagger. If we are talking about dating celebrities, he knows what it is to date someone much more famous in his country than Charlotte.

And once again: Grace Kelly didn't marry into any royal family. Monaco's never been a kingdom and the Grimaldi never were sovereigns of their territory. The title "prince" in France is on the same level than "duke, earl, etc. They're just nobility.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

“I know they look pretty and cute, but actually they are really difficult to walk in,” said Charlotte Casiraghi, referring to her sparkly Miu Miu shoes.
Why did she wear them then !

Anyway, nice to see that Alex is doing some work with his gallery.
About the displaying thing some members mentioned. Well, i don't know if she was displayed by them. Maybe yes. And that because Alex might want to gain recognition to the other countries of Europe (Charlotte is well-known there, Alex not). But again, i don't think that they displayed her.
~ I didn't like her outfit.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The jacket seems to be the same one she wore at National Day two years ago, or so.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Royal Highness

^^ yeah, seems to be the same one. Good memory
Old 10-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
^^ yeah, seems to be the same one. Good memory
Thanks. But i saw that someone remembered it in foros vogue
Old 10-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
. But again, i don't think that they displayed her.
~ I didn't like her outfit.
Moreover because there is no reason to think so of the Dellals. The pic captures a moment in the middle of a party. It could mean absolutely anything. It's so natural to simply read it the easiest way: Alex introducing someone we don't see in the pic to Charlotte. What's more normal than introducing your guest to your girlfriend?
I simply can't understad why to look for a twisted interpretation.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep

Exactly. As Thalita just said, they know who Grace Kelly was, of course. This doesn't mean that most people know if she had or had not a grand daughter and who she is or looks. Do you know if Ava Gardner has any gran daugthers? Rita Hayworth? Audrey Hepburn? Why should they know about Grace Kelly family?

Also, prior to dating Charlotte, Alex was gooing out with Elizabeth Jagger..
Rita Hayworth and Audrey Hepburn didn't marry a prince. And Elizabeth Jagger will probably never be related to a head of state. Charlotte may not have talent or drive or be self motivated, but she certainly has status, and far more status than the dellals- The descendants of a real estate mogul and a model.

Moreover, Grace Kelly's wedding was one of early televisions most widely broadcast events, with an estimated 30 million worldwide viewers tuning in! I'm not British, but I know in the UK class system the descendant of an entertainer is no way on the same level as someone who is related to a head of state. At the boarding school I attended there were some British kids whose parents were in the entertainment business and chose to send their kids to an American private school because they knew they would be treated better than they would be at a British school, where the class system is more regimented.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Rita Hayworth and Audrey Hepburn didn't marry a prince.
You're obviously misinformed. Rita hayworth married prince Aly Khan, son of the Aga Khan, a much higher, rich, politicaly important and religiously influent prince than Rainier of Monaco. They were in the cover of every cinema magazine and newspaper of the 50's.
The Aga Khan is also very relevant in the horse world.
The Aga Khan is one of the richest people in Europe and he is specially reputed for his races horses both in France and the U.K. While she was married to him Rita Hayworth owned a filly who came in second at l'Arc de Triomphe, the same race Charlotte attended a couple of weeks ago at Longchamp.

And you know what's even funnier? They had a daughter, princess Yasmin Aga Khan, who also had a son. The grand son of world famous actress Rita Hayworth and a Prince. Did you know him?

If you didn't know about any of this, why should other people know about Grace Kelly's marriage?

Quote:
Charlotte certainly has status, and far more status than the dellals- The descendants of a real estate mogul and a model.
I really don't get what do you qualify as "status". Do you think it is something you inherit from your parent's working life? Well, Charlotte is the descendant of an italian businessman and a woman who has done nothing relevant to speak of.
I still fail to see what makes a dellar less than a casiraghi.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
To me.. this photo says it all. They are literally putting her on display.
I don't like it, and she looks uncomfortable.

Of course they are displaying her!!! Thats the sort of people they are. Not that I know them personally, but looking at their actions.
A few months ago Alex's mother made a BIG SPLASH in Hola, showing her apartment in Rio, and in the title for the piece it said something like "Andea Delall, who's son Alex is the boyfriend of CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI".
Talk about cashing in!!!!!
No one and I repeat NO ONE would care anything about the Delall's if it were not for Charlotte!!!!!
And if Alex is more "famous" in the UK than Charlotte, then I'm Charlie Chan!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Hi Charlie Chan.....I used to love watching your old movies on late night tv. LOL