The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Happy Bastille Day - does the Casiraghi Trio and friends ever go to Paris to celebrate?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Nobles celebrating Bastille Day!?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

that would be ironic But the Casiraghis aren't royals...well they are technically, but they don't have titles...
I haven't seen them or their friends celebrating Bastille day
Old 07-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

What's Bastille day?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
What's Bastille day?
Only the national holiday in France! It celebrates the storming of Bastille on 14 July 1789, which marked the beginning of the French Revolution. Which is why it would be ironic for Pierre to attend, as the French Revolution deposed the French Royal Family and made France a republic for the first time - then Napoleon declared himself emperor and then his son was emperor for 15 days and then the Bourbons took over and then they were deposed... it's complicated. Needless to say the current French republic is the 3rd one.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

It's French Independence Day when the people overthrew the King of France. I saw in a PA interview (Larry King in US) that the wife of one of the Monaco Princes was guillotined. The Prince had fled to England with other royals to raise an Army and his wife was in Italy. She went back to Paris to get her children and money, and was recognised. She should have had the kids sent to her. I think they were unharmed. There's that curse again. I am sure they do celebrate Bastille Day in Monaco. 50% of their residents are French. Besides, they wouldn't pass up a holiday where they would make alot of money.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Well, my assumption is that they're not in Monaco at the moment. But the Bastille Day celebrations in Corsica are quite something. The whole islands lets off fireworks.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Could we please get back to the topic..The Bastille Day may be
discussed elsewhere, but not here
Old 07-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Only the national holiday in France! It celebrates the storming of Bastille on 14 July 1789, which marked the beginning of the French Revolution. Which is why it would be ironic for Pierre to attend, as the French Revolution deposed the French Royal Family and made France a republic for the first time - then Napoleon declared himself emperor and then his son was emperor for 15 days and then the Bourbons took over and then they were deposed... it's complicated. Needless to say the current French republic is the 3rd one.
Ohh yesss! I know that!! Thank you. I had a problem with the name
P.S Sorry Iceflower!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 AM

Hey, PurePeople has pics of Alice Dellal from the Shoreditch music festival. Alice played the drums and...... um, was being Alice. Nothing really bothered me until I saw pic 9 of 9. It's disgusting. Also, the press keep calling Alice Charlotte's future "belle soeur." It means future "sister-in-law". I've seen them do this before. I wonder how Charlotte feels about this.

Quand la déjantée Alice Dellal, future belle-soeur de Charlotte Casiraghi, se met * la batterie... c'est * moitié nue !
Old 07-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Hey, PurePeople has pics of Alice Dellal from the Shoreditch music festival. Alice played the drums and...... um, was being Alice. Nothing really bothered me until I saw pic 9 of 9. It's disgusting. Also, the press keep calling Alice Charlotte's future "belle soeur." It means future "sister-in-law". I've seen them do this before. I wonder how Charlotte feels about this.

Quand la déjantée Alice Dellal, future belle-soeur de Charlotte Casiraghi, se met * la batterie... c'est * moitié nue !
Well, she's kind of wild !
Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Nobility

oh gosh,it is indeed disgusting..man,this is so different from being open-minded and rebellious.thanks for posting

Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Serene Highness

That is definately not rebelious, yes. She just wants to make an impression that, for me personally, is a bad one.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Ha Ha Ha. Imagine if Charlotte Casiraghi maries Slex... and Alice Dellal goes undressed like this to the wedding!!

OH MY GOD!!!!! Have a look at the last picture, I just saw it!!!!!!! This girl is.............
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

I don't want to think about it
You mean Alice Dellal, don't you ?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
I don't want to think about it
You mean Alice Dellal, don't you ?
Yes sorry! I mix the two sisters. I know one is crazy and the other one normal (like the Hiltons!!!) but I never remember their names.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia View Post
oh gosh,it is indeed disgusting..man,this is so different from being open-minded and rebellious.thanks for posting
Yeah, like the way she dresses and her style is all who she is, or wants to be (I guess) so I don't criticize that. But picture 9 of 9 is just horrid!

But when I said I wonder how Charlotte feels about it,I was referring to the idea of Alice as "future belle-soeur" (sister-in-law), Alex as husband, etc. But now that I think of it, I guess I can't help wondering what does she think of picture 9 of 9.

I mean, some 24 year olds can be old enough for marriage. Look at Athina, who even had at age 20 (well, 2 months shy of 21) a readymade family, and Charlotte seems levelheaded and mature enough. But it is a very personal thing so.....
Old 07-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Bleh! She's trying way too hard to be outrageous, which makes her seem like a shallow person. Her brother and sister are creative and successful, and she justs wants to shock. Even Angelina Jolie in her youthful heyday, who the best example of a professional wild child in the last decade, I cannot imagine making this crude a gesture. Hopefully her life will get more constructive at some point, since she seems a likable girl who's a lot of fun.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Nobility

She is just playing for the pictures, the kind of person I don't like. Charlotte is at least humble and special,not doing things for cameras all the time.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
But when I said I wonder how Charlotte feels about it,I was referring to the idea of Alice as "future belle-soeur" (sister-in-law), Alex as husband, etc. But now that I think of it, I guess I can't help wondering what does she think of picture 9 of 9.

I mean, some 24 year olds can be old enough for marriage. Look at Athina, who even had at age 20 (well, 2 months shy of 21) a readymade family, and Charlotte seems levelheaded and mature enough. But it is a very personal thing so.....
I think that she fits well to this family i loved the photos from Charlotte's (Dellal) wedding,Charlotte C. seemed part of their family so i guess she's ok with it.As for the last photo i think that she would be embarrassed enough and i believe the same for Alice's parents and Alex..
I found this article while searching about Alice Dellal ''Alice calls for end of violence''.I'd like to see more of that (more organised and in a more serious way of course)she seems to be a smart girl with free spirit so it's a pity when she behaves like a punk.