Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, i didn't like her shoes. But i did like her outfit.

Haha oh god.. The body language in that zimbio gallery is weird. In one picture Alex has his hand on Charlotte's shoulder which looks completely devoid of any sexual chemistry. In all of those pictures it looks like the DeLall's are putting Charlotte on display. :-/ (Especially the one with Alex and his mother.)
It's as if they are saying, "TA-DA!! Look! Look! Everybody look who we have here with us!!!!"

Charlotte looks great though, I love her blazer and once again her choice of shoes.

Last edited:
I can't believe Charlotte complained about her shoes. Miu Miu will not be happy.

Haha oh god.. The body language in that zimbio gallery is weird. In one picture Alex has his hand on Charlotte's shoulder which looks completely devoid of any sexual chemistry. In all of those pictures it looks like the DeLall's are putting Charlotte on display. :-/ (Especially the one with Alex and his mother.)
It's as if they are saying, "TA-DA!! Look! Look! Everybody look who we have here with us!!!!"

Charlotte looks great though, I love her blazer and once again her choice of shoes.

Ahah good point about his hand :lol: I've noticed that many times before, he seems to always do that to Charlotte. Seems kind of protective which is somehow cute but really lacks sexual chemistry:ermm: Maybe it means nothing, it's just his way:flowers:

About the Dellal's attitude, I 've noticed that before as well which is something that really intrigues me about them. On one hand, they seem to be very nice, to have welcomed Charlotte and her familly very well, Alex seems a supportive boyfriend and not really like to appear on photos but, on the other hand, they give me that vibe of "Look who we have here" :ermm: That's why I can never decide if I like this family or not...

Last edited:
^ Thank you for the info, and thank you for the pics! I think that I'm going to go to bed early tonight: I need a good night of sleeping because it seems that I didn't understand anything of the article I posted below! :wacko:

Edit: an other article about the opening . There is a gallery of 4 pics (only one of them shows Charlotte). The article opens with the shortest interview of Charlotte in history: a sentence in which she says that her shoes are pretty cute but that she has difficulties to walk with.

Wow, how profound... quite a philosophical breakthrough... the damn shoes make my feet hurt like hell, but i'll step on them anyway!!! Oh Pleeeeaaase!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

About the Dellal's attitude, I 've noticed that before as well which is something that really intrigues me about them. On one hand, they seem to be very nice, to have welcomed Charlotte and her familly very well, Alex seems a supportive boyfriend and not really like to appear on photos but, on the other hand, they give me that vibe of "Look who we have here" :ermm: That's why I can never decide if I like this family or not...

To me.. this photo says it all. They are literally putting her on display. :ermm:
I don't like it, and she looks uncomfortable.

Charlotte Casiraghi Pictures - Dellal hosts art show - Zimbio

I don't think they were displaying Charlotte. While the Dellalls are rather well known in the London scen, most british people don't even know that Charlotte exists. She is not a celebrity in the U.K. Alex is.
I think he is simply introducing her to someone.

Last edited:
trepstrep said:
I don't think they were displaying Charlotte. While the Dellalls are rather well known in the London scen, most british people don't even know that Charlotte exists. She is not a celebrity in the U.K.

Grace Kelly was one of the biggest names of the 20th century, and Charlotte is her beautiful granddaughter. In terms of status that far outweighs the DeLalls, regardless of what part of the world you're in, especially when you consider Grace Kelly married into a Royal family. Furthermore, Charlotte is the daughter of a Princess. The DeLall children are in the same boat as Charlotte, they are known for the family they were born into... But in terms of 'status' these families are in no way on the same level. Even if no one knows who Charlotte is, its still understandable why they would put her on display.

Last edited:
Well maybe in the UK they know who Grace Kelly was ( a famous , A-list actress turned princess ), but not who Charlotte Casiraghi ( just the daughter of....) is........

Grace Kelly was one of the biggest names of the 20th century, and Charlotte is her beautiful granddaughter. In terms of status that far outweighs the DeLalls, regardless of what part of the world you're in, especially when you consider Grace Kelly married into a Royal family. Furthermore, Charlotte is the daughter of a Princess. The DeLall children are in the same boat as Charlotte, they are known for the family they were born into... But in terms of 'status' these families are in no way on the same level. Even if no one knows who Charlotte is, its still understandable why they would put her on display.

Exactly. As Thalita just said, they know who Grace Kelly was, of course. This doesn't mean that most people know if she had or had not a grand daughter and who she is or looks. Do you know if Ava Gardner has any gran daugthers? Rita Hayworth? Audrey Hepburn? Why should they know about Grace Kelly family?

Charlotte does appear in Hello! magazine that that's for 2 reasons.
One, because Hello! is only the british branch of Hola magazine from Spain and they share their contents. People from Spain will confirm this: I don't know how many times I've opened the magazine to find a 10 pages editorial about "the princes of such and such show us her house" or "the niece of the great actress X shows us hr new life", and ?'ve been like "who the hell is this person?".
Two, Charlotte's started to appear a bit more on Hello! since she started dating Alex and many people in the UKw'd never heard about her read her name for the first time. Again, if you walk a street in London and asK: do you know Charlotte Casiraghi you would get a blank look from narly every body.

Also, prior to dating Charlotte, Alex was gooing out with Elizabeth Jagger. If we are talking about dating celebrities, he knows what it is to date someone much more famous in his country than Charlotte.

And once again: Grace Kelly didn't marry into any royal family. Monaco's never been a kingdom and the Grimaldi never were sovereigns of their territory. The title "prince" in France is on the same level than "duke, earl, etc. They're just nobility.

“I know they look pretty and cute, but actually they are really difficult to walk in,” said Charlotte Casiraghi, referring to her sparkly Miu Miu shoes.
Why did she wear them then !:D

Anyway, nice to see that Alex is doing some work with his gallery.
About the displaying thing some members mentioned. Well, i don't know if she was displayed by them. Maybe yes. And that because Alex might want to gain recognition to the other countries of Europe (Charlotte is well-known there, Alex not). But again, i don't think that they displayed her.
~ I didn't like her outfit.

Last edited:
. But again, i don't think that they displayed her.
~ I didn't like her outfit.

Moreover because there is no reason to think so of the Dellals. The pic captures a moment in the middle of a party. It could mean absolutely anything. It's so natural to simply read it the easiest way: Alex introducing someone we don't see in the pic to Charlotte. What's more normal than introducing your guest to your girlfriend?
I simply can't understad why to look for a twisted interpretation.

trepstrep said:
Exactly. As Thalita just said, they know who Grace Kelly was, of course. This doesn't mean that most people know if she had or had not a grand daughter and who she is or looks. Do you know if Ava Gardner has any gran daugthers? Rita Hayworth? Audrey Hepburn? Why should they know about Grace Kelly family?

Also, prior to dating Charlotte, Alex was gooing out with Elizabeth Jagger..

Rita Hayworth and Audrey Hepburn didn't marry a prince. And Elizabeth Jagger will probably never be related to a head of state. Charlotte may not have talent or drive or be self motivated, but she certainly has status, and far more status than the dellals- The descendants of a real estate mogul and a model.

Moreover, Grace Kelly's wedding was one of early televisions most widely broadcast events, with an estimated 30 million worldwide viewers tuning in! I'm not British, but I know in the UK class system the descendant of an entertainer is no way on the same level as someone who is related to a head of state. At the boarding school I attended there were some British kids whose parents were in the entertainment business and chose to send their kids to an American private school because they knew they would be treated better than they would be at a British school, where the class system is more regimented.

Last edited:
Rita Hayworth and Audrey Hepburn didn't marry a prince.

You're obviously misinformed. Rita hayworth married prince Aly Khan, son of the Aga Khan, a much higher, rich, politicaly important and religiously influent prince than Rainier of Monaco. They were in the cover of every cinema magazine and newspaper of the 50's.
The Aga Khan is also very relevant in the horse world.
The Aga Khan is one of the richest people in Europe and he is specially reputed for his races horses both in France and the U.K. While she was married to him Rita Hayworth owned a filly who came in second at l'Arc de Triomphe, the same race Charlotte attended a couple of weeks ago at Longchamp.

And you know what's even funnier? They had a daughter, princess Yasmin Aga Khan, who also had a son. The grand son of world famous actress Rita Hayworth and a Prince. Did you know him?

If you didn't know about any of this, why should other people know about Grace Kelly's marriage?

Charlotte certainly has status, and far more status than the dellals- The descendants of a real estate mogul and a model.

I really don't get what do you qualify as "status". Do you think it is something you inherit from your parent's working life? Well, Charlotte is the descendant of an italian businessman and a woman who has done nothing relevant to speak of.
I still fail to see what makes a dellar less than a casiraghi.

Last edited:
To me.. this photo says it all. They are literally putting her on display. :ermm:
I don't like it, and she looks uncomfortable.

Charlotte Casiraghi Pictures - Dellal hosts art show - Zimbio
Of course they are displaying her!!!:ohmy: Thats the sort of people they are. Not that I know them personally, but looking at their actions.
A few months ago Alex's mother made a BIG SPLASH in Hola, showing her apartment in Rio, and in the title for the piece it said something like "Andea Delall, who's son Alex is the boyfriend of CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI".
Talk about cashing in!!!!!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
No one and I repeat NO ONE would care anything about the Delall's if it were not for Charlotte!!!!!:lol:
And if Alex is more "famous" in the UK than Charlotte, then I'm Charlie Chan!!!:lol:

Hi Charlie Chan.....I used to love watching your old movies on late night tv. LOL

Hi Charlie Chan.....I used to love watching your old movies on late night tv. LOL

LoL!:lol:
Your in the UK, is Alex more well known than Charlotte?
I made that joke, but it's just my impression, not living in Britain, that she is more well known.

Charlotte may be known to a few fashionistas but beyond that I doubt too many people on the high street would have a clue. While Alex is probably a bit more known he is not exactly a national figure either. French posters have previously pointed out that Charlotte is not exactly a national figure in France either. Their fame may be confined to followers of gossip columns, fashion/society magazines and these forums,

You're obviously misinformed. Rita hayworth married prince Aly Khan, son of the Aga Khan, a much higher, rich, politicaly important and religiously influent prince than Rainier of Monaco. They were in the cover of every cinema magazine and newspaper of the 50's.
The Aga Khan is also very relevant in the horse world.
The Aga Khan is one of the richest people in Europe and he is specially reputed for his races horses both in France and the U.K. While she was married to him Rita Hayworth owned a filly who came in second at l'Arc de Triomphe, the same race Charlotte attended a couple of weeks ago at Longchamp.

And you know what's even funnier? They had a daughter, princess Yasmin Aga Khan, who also had a son. The grand son of world famous actress Rita Hayworth and a Prince. Did you know him?

If you didn't know about any of this, why should other people know about Grace Kelly's marriage?

I really don't get what do you qualify as "status". Do you think it is something you inherit from your parent's working life? Well, Charlotte is the descendant of an italian businessman and a woman who has done nothing relevant to speak of.
I still fail to see what makes a dellar less than a casiraghi.

I didn't know that about Rita Hayworth. Some women are just able to garner more attention than others. I don't believe her wedding was televised and viewed by 30 million people... that's why people know Grace Kelly. When Kate married Prince William, people brought up the weddings of Princess Diana and Grace Kelly because they were also major television attractions. I don't remember once hearing anything about the wedding of Rita Hayworth.. did anyone else???

Look, I'm not arguing who is a bigger name.. Rita Hayworth or Grace Kelly.
But I will say that I don't believe the Dellal's are anywhere on the same level as Charlotte's family, and that in some ways it seems like they ride her coattails and use their connection to her to get more attention. I don't like that, and I think its pathetic.

And in terms of status... let me put it this way..
There are lots of people in the world with the wealth of the Dellals. But not everyone can say they are related to a Head of State. Not everyone can say their mother was a princess either. That's what I mean by status. Charlotte will be 'famous' (or at least a micro-celebrity) forever. If the Delalls go broke tomorrow, no one would ever speak of them again.

Last edited:
I really think its about perception as well as what interests you. If it interests you you make it your business to know more about a particular subject.

I personally knew of Rita Hayworth from her film career as well as her marriages. Aly Khan was also in the mix (from my perspective) because of Thelma Furness, who was a former lover of Edward, Prince of Wales (later Duke of Windsor). They (Aly and Thelma) were briefly involved when Thelma sailed either to or from America to support her sister during the Vanderbilt custody case. This is when Thelma asked Wallis to look after the "little man" for her while she was away. It is alleged that when Thelma was either sailing to or from England, she met Aly Khan at a party and he wanted to get to know her better. She said I can't I am sailing, and he turned up on her ship the next day or so. So that's how I know of Aly Khan.

The jet set life of the European and American rich don't interest me and therefore my only connection to the Dellals are thru Charlotte. And honestly, if her mother hadn't married Stefano, I wouldn't know anything (what little I do know) about the Casiraghi's. Because they don't interest me. But I do know about the Grimaldi's because what....Yes, you guess correct! They interest me!

So really its all semantics if you ask me. For those who follow the rich and famous, they might be more familiar with the Dellals than some of us. I do, however think its unfair to say that they are using Charlotte without having some definite proof. How do you know this to be true, if you have never really followed them? Perhaps they were always well known to some, but Alex's relationship with Charlotte just took it to another level. Because people are now interested in him. And therefore he (as well as his family) is getting additional press. I noticed that Beatrice's mother was in Hello! a while back and normally I would have skipped right pass the article (although the pics of her home were awesome) but the article tagged her to Pierre. So guess what...now I am interested in reading the article.

The Spencers, for example in England, were well known in the British circles as they had been courtiers and on the fringes of royal life for years but many of us only learned about them when Diana married Charles.

Its all about what interests you. From the snippet of the picture --- it looked like they were posing for a picture when someone either called Charlotte or got her attention and that's why she looks distracted. If you look in any photo album in the world in any household, you might notice the same thing.

Last edited:
Of course they are displaying her!!!:ohmy: Thats the sort of people they are. Not that I know them personally, but looking at their actions.
A few months ago Alex's mother made a BIG SPLASH in Hola, showing her apartment in Rio, and in the title for the piece it said something like "Andea Delall, who's son Alex is the boyfriend of CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI".

I really don't know why we aren't allowed to say negative things about Charlotte without beiung called trolls, but all kind of negative unfounded opinions about the Dellals are welcomed. There is no reason whatsoever to thing ill of them! Has anyone any concrete accusation besides "I don't like Alex face". It's really shameful how everybody dislikes the guy simply because he is not handsome.

An, oh, really? Andrea Dellal is trash because she appeared in Hello! Well, Charlottes' been in Hello, Hola, Elle and Vogue what does it make of her?
She showed her house? Big crime! Others show their pretty faces and some Grimaldi has even shoewd off her babies!

It is also absurd to to critizice someone because the title of a piece says "Andrea Delall, who's son Alex is the boyfriend of CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI". Andrea Dellal doesn't write the pieces and at least that was a fact. It it's much less shameful than "the über intelectual Charlotte casiraghi" or "the olympic rider charlotte casiraghi"

Last edited:
I do, however think its unfair to say that they are using Charlotte without having some definite proof. How do you know this to be true, if you have never really followed them? Perhaps they were always well known to some, but Alex's relationship with Charlotte just took it to another level. Because people are now interested in him. And therefore he (as well as his family) is getting additional press. I noticed that Beatrice's mother was in Hello! a while back and normally I would have skipped right pass the article (although the pics of her home were awesome) but the article tagged her to Pierre. So guess what...now I am interested in reading the article.

The Spencers, for example in England, were well known in the British circles as they had been courtiers and on the fringes of royal life for years but many of us only learned about them when Diana married Charles.

Its all about what interests you. From the snippet of the picture --- it looked like they were posing for a picture when someone either called Charlotte or got her attention and that's why she looks distracted. If you look in any photo album in the world in any household, you might notice the same thing.

I agree 100% with you. I really can't understand what does evybody have against the Dellals (and I didn't know them either before Alex started dating Charlotte):)

Last edited:
Well, everybody has different opinions. For some, the Dellals are a sort of gold digging family that uses Charlotte to gain more "status"
For others, the Dellals are a regular family, just that they happen to have millions in their back accounts.
I didn't like Alex first. Now he started to grown on me. He might not be handsome, but he looks polite, interesting, i've read a few interviews about him. They guy knows about arts.
He probably is one of those guys that doesn't attrack you for his face, but his intelectual side.

If Charlotte was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think they would be parading her around as they do? Do you think Alex would even look at her?

If Charlotte was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think they would be parading her around as they do? Do you think Alex would even look at her?

If Alex was a regular who worked at the Gap, do you think she would be parading with him around as she does? Do you think Charlotte would even look at him?

:previous: Well, if she took after her aunt Stephanie, maybe she would...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom