Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are some more pictures of Josephine's wedding. It looks like the DeLalls were there too. It seems like such an ODD combination of people to me... some of the people in these pictures I recognize from the art/fashion world and have.... well, a sleazy reputation to put it bluntly. Is Charlotte close with Josephine?? I'm wondering how those people fit into this wedding.

purple DIARY - THE RECEPTION AT JOSEPHINE DE LA BAUME AND MARK RONSON'S WEDDING, les milles

On one picture you see Mario Testino with Jean-Yves Lefur, he was Princess Stephanie's fiancé back in 1989/1990

I guess it makes sense that they are all friends because of Charlotte's connection to the fashion world but it seems like she runs around with a pretty sleazy crowd.

Well, there are still some who would call Charlotte and her family "Eurotrash." In alot of people's eyes, Charlotte is just an elevated socialite, if that. I know we try to give Charlotte the benefit of the doubt, and I do think she is classy in alot of ways, but if I'm being honest, she's a socialite like all the rest, only famous for what their parents/relatives have accomplished or were born into. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but this is really the only crowd I could imagine her fitting in with.

Well, there are still some who would call Charlotte and her family "Eurotrash." In alot of people's eyes, Charlotte is just an elevated socialite, if that. I know we try to give Charlotte the benefit of the doubt, and I do think she is classy in alot of ways, but if I'm being honest, she's a socialite like all the rest, only famous for what their parents/relatives have accomplished or were born into. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but this is really the only crowd I could imagine her fitting in with.
I 100% Agree with you. She, unlike her cousins Camille,Pauline and Jazmin and sister Alexandra,couldn't fit in with "normal" people-they wouldn't feel comfortable around her, and she around them...it'd be a no-win situation.
I've said it before: Charlotte's a couple of weeks younger than I am (4 weeks, 4 days to be exact-yes, my birthday was the day before Albert & Charlene's civil wedding!), and I don't feel like we have much in common. Now, with Pauline, who's 8 years younger, I feel like I could be best friends with. Jazmin, Camille and Alexandra too.

As much as I like Charlotte, i think you are both right. She says she is no socialite, or doesn't want to be recognized like one, but she is.
Of the Casiraghis, i think the only one that fits in a "normal" crowd is Andrea. Pierre and Charlotte look to much of "jetsetters", "eurotrash". Andrea looks more "normal". IMHO.
That's what i like about him, and Alexandra too. She is so lovely, i can perfectly see her hanging out with people outside that exclusive circle.

Oh My, i don't like Charlotte's dress at all.

Well, when you buy so many clothes, we make mistakes.
But why is it not at Current events?

Yes, I guess. I did like what she wore at Qatar Prix, though.
I guess is not in current events because Andrea and Charlotte are there with Alex and Tatiana, so, it appears in this one.
I do like what Andrea wears, Alex too. Tatiana's style is something i think i won't be able to understand ever.

I love that pic of Charlotte and Andrea. The way she hugs him :wub:

^ I think that they are just discreet, they don't want to play the medias game, by hugging or kissing for paparazzis. Some of famous celebrities do the same (G.Paltrow-C.Martin, for exemple) and I prefer this to the very demonstrative couple (as J.Lopez and M.Anthony were). As Tatiana and Andrea are concerned the problem is that they are so discreet that we can wonder if they still are together. I think that they are, and that maybe this discretion allowed them to have a long love story.

I like Tatiana's red bag! I don't think that a couple should always show their love to ensure that they are together. Even Char and Alex weren't in hugs in these two latest events.

^ According to me this shows their maturity, I prefer this to hugs and kisses.

LOVE the picture of Charlotte and Andrea together - agree that they enjoy each other's company and share friends/same circle. Nice to see Andrea and Tatiana together, too.

As much as I like Charlotte, i think you are both right. She says she is no socialite, or doesn't want to be recognized like one, but she is.
Of the Casiraghis, i think the only one that fits in a "normal" crowd is Andrea. Pierre and Charlotte look to much of "jetsetters", "eurotrash". Andrea looks more "normal". IMHO.
That's what i like about him, and Alexandra too. She is so lovely, i can perfectly see her hanging out with people outside that exclusive circle.

One thing I have never understood about the Casiraghi trio is that over the years Caroline has, and continues to, sue magazines that publish photos of them and insist of them not being titled so that they can lead normal lives, however they all then attend the glitzy socialite parties and pose for the paparazzi whilst at them.

IMO if Charlotte wants to do the socialite circuit and attend all the Chanel and Gucci parties then fine if that's her choice, but I think she has to recognise that she is only there because of who her mother is (ie. she is basically a Royal who doesn't want to admit it) and she has to expect that attending them will raise her profile and lead to press intrusion. You can't pick and choose. Charlotte has chosen to surround herself with high profile people and people from well known families, and she has chosen to attend the glitzy parties and be photographed at them for the magazines.

IMO I think she needs a stronger work life and to make more of her riding to give herself a better balance of work and play. From the outside looking in, she does a few amateur events and does okay in them and then attends every high fashion event going- and is surprised people ask her personal questions.

budge9 said:
One thing I have never understood about the Casiraghi trio is that over the years Caroline has, and continues to, sue magazines that publish photos of them and insist of them not being titled so that they can lead normal lives, however they all then attend the glitzy socialite parties and pose for the paparazzi whilst at them.

IMO if Charlotte wants to do the socialite circuit and attend all the Chanel and Gucci parties then fine if that's her choice, but I think she has to recognise that she is only there because of who her mother is (ie. she is basically a Royal who doesn't want to admit it) and she has to expect that attending them will raise her profile and lead to press intrusion. You can't pick and choose. Charlotte has chosen to surround herself with high profile people and people from well known families, and she has chosen to attend the glitzy parties and be photographed at them for the magazines.

They talk about this in the book "The Charlotte casiraghi fan club". The author mentions that, according to Freud, fame and attention seeking behavior are mechanisms through which the individual validates their ego. Freud was wrong about a lot of things but this sure is thought provoking, no? Charlotte and Caroline come off as egomaniacs at times.

Perhaps Caroline is just displaying her inherent maternal instincts by being the "guard dog" of her family. But frankly, the company Charlotte keeps, and even their close relation with the fashion industry (frankly a twisted, at times sexually exploitative, and unhealthy industry) says to me that Caroline's judgement as a mother is a little off.

About Andrea and Tatiana:
I've been watching lots of pictures of them through the years, it's the only way i have to make an idea of what in this couple is going on.
At first, they looked very in love, but, it's normal in a relationship that recently grows. And they were 20-21 years old.
Then, they looked normal. Now, they look akward (in a loving relationship way)
Tatiana used to go out with Andrea everywhere, now we hardly see her in the same events with him.
Of course, as it's been said, it can be that they are extremely discreet and they don't need to show themselves kissing and hugging. But it's like their corporal language says otherwise.
I mean...there's this picture of Char and Alex in which they are not kissing nor hugging but they are close enough. Andrea and Tatiana don't have this sensation anymore. In these recents pics there's an akward distance. There's one or two pics in were they seem almost as close and Char and Alex, but Andrea is not in the same level next to Tatiana, he is like about leaving. Standing one step further than her. Like if they were posing for pics and then each one goes their way.

I can be wrong. It's just the way i see things. Maybe they are together and the relationship has grown more mature, they've been 7 years together (more or less).

Well, I think that the Casiraghi brothers ( all the three of them ) embarked in serious relationships way too soon.
Andrea got engaged at 20, Charlotte and Pierre at the same age ( more less).
I mean serious, steady relationships. I think it's great to find the love of your life that soon but there's the other side of the coin: The 20s are for having fun, experimenting,travelling and getting to know new people without the burden of the serious relationship.
It's normal that a relationship appears strained after such a long time, and they are so young ( Andrea is 27 ).
I think they should have waited more before embarking in serious things.

Obviously I can't speak with authority because I don't know these people, but I'm not sure that getting in a serious relationship after 18 is unhealthy. It depends on the personality. Andrea did have a few girls before he finally settled on Tatiana. Charlotte, as far as we know, didn't date anybody seriously until she was 18 with Felix. Pierre on the other hand was the "experimental" one, and I've got to say, it was rather unsettling to watch him fly through all those girls. If it had been Charlotte doing that, she would've been ripped to shreds. It seems that he and Bea have settled into a comfortable relationship, and I think they started when he was about 21?

I do hate to see fifteen year olds and under (and this actually happens) getting in "serious" relationships, but Charlotte, Pierre, and Andrea were all grown. Alot of people take longer to settle down, but it's not necessarily bad to settle down young unless you're emotionally immature or do it with the wrong person.

Do not forget that their father was 23 when he married Pcs Caroline, and they had children immediately. For a young man to wed at 23 it was very young, but he was happy. So maybe to settle early it on their "family" caracter.
Of course, we will never know if the marriage would last for ever, but it lasted 7 years, until ......
For the two boys, before their serious relationship, they had pleinty of other relationships, so you could not say that they did not "walk around".
And afterall.... nobody is married yet!!
Personnally, from the 3 Casi couples, I see the most explosive passion difficult to hide, Pierre and Beatrice. And for me I would see them marry first.

yeah, i agree. I give to Bea and Pierre the most possibilities of getting married first. Then - for me of course - it's Alex and Char's turn. They seem very close, happy and in love. I still have doubts about Andrea and Tati's kind of relationship. Andrea gives me the impression that he is not a very easy guy to get along with or the type of man that'll get married ot at least in a young age. Maybe after his 30s.

yeah, i agree. I give to Bea and Pierre the most possibilities of getting married first. Then - for me of course - it's Alex and Char's turn. They seem very close, happy and in love. I still have doubts about Andrea and Tati's kind of relationship. Andrea gives me the impression that he is not a very easy guy to get along with or the type of man that'll get married ot at least in a young age. Maybe after his 30s.

I have exactly the same thought about all you said. Since his father's loss Andrea has given me the impression of being the most hurt, the most sensitive and the most delicate in feelings among the 3.
Tatiana also seems very secret, very shy, and after all these years of 'limelights" she is still inexpressive and impossible to understand. I do not remember having see pics when she exploses laughing, she has good time or she is extremely angry. She is always flat!
So for this couple, is very difficult to make previsions, I would not be astonished if they marry tomorrow or if they split tomorrow!

She, unlike her cousins Camille,Pauline and Jazmin and sister Alexandra,couldn't fit in with "normal" people-they wouldn't feel comfortable around her, and she around them...it'd be a no-win situation.

You know? I think that Charlotte did have a chance to be normal a few years ago.

Of course it depends on what you consider to be "normal" , because no matter what she would always had been rich and well-conected. But they are many wealthy people from privileged backgrounds that lead "normal" lives in the sense that they don't seem disconected from real life and can fit anywhere, even if they have a lot of money for travelling, live in wonderful houses, own eexpensive things, etc.

I'm not sure about her childhood in Saint Rémy. It certainly felt "normal" but sometimes I have the feeling that everything was a game for Caroline. Like a little girl playing houses and dolls. I remember a winter coat Charlotte used to wear when she was around 8. It was fun because it was obviously too big for her, and it reminded me of something that happens in most middle-class families: you have an 8 year girl and you buy her a coat in october and you buy it bigger than the child because you know she will outgrow it, and it's expensive and you want her to use it for a couple of years.
But Charlotte in her big coat at the Monaco National Day was a weird thing to see. You don't need to dress your children up in Chanel clothes, but buying such a big coat, and using it at a national event as if you couldn't afford a new one next year...? to me it looks like "pretending" and playing at been "middle-class" not like something real.

I rather think that Charlotte had a chance to be normal during Ernst years, when she was living in Fontainebleau. She was a privileged student, of course. But a privileged normal student.
Take Valentine. She comes from a wealthy family, she moves in the parisian "grand monde" (high society), she's got an old name, her family owns a magnificent hôtel... she is wealthy and privileged, and yet she is normal, she could fit everywhere, she seems much more down to earth than Charlotte, she takes horse-riding much more seriously, works in something she finds passionating.

Take Felix. He is not as rich and famous as Charlotte and her familiy, but he undoubtley is a privileged kid. He is rich, his mother is a reputed art collector... He could have taken profit from his relationship with Charlotte, and he probably got a lot of invitations to fashion shows etc when they were together and after they split up. And yet, he is normal, he studies hard, and leads a normal life.

For a while Charlotte seemed to belong with that kind of people. People with real interests in life, who can take a private flight one day and a public bus next day. But she missed the chance (and I use the word "missed" because I really think it's a pity. Now she seems to inhabit an artificial cristal world and being ages away from what real life is, and to be missing so many "real" things...)

Maybe that's whay she had so much charm during her student years, and why she looked special. Because she was beautiful and privileged but at the same time she was natural and real.

Imo, the turning point was the ENS exam. Of course I have no proof and it's just a personal opinon but it feels as if after making such an effort to get in and failing, she thought: "wait! why am I working so hard when all I need is a phone call from my mom and I'll get an intership whenever I want? Alex can get me a job at The Independent! I can phone my mother's friends and arrange an eco-fashion magazine! Horses? Why working hard if Rozier can get me into de GCT?" And suddenly she wanted all to be quick and shiny and she only wanted to rub shoulders with the top of the top! Of course everything looks fake (because it's fake) and she looks disconected with real life, and pretentious and a bit silly, living inside her bubble and pretending to be somethings she is not...

Last edited:
Very accurate post trepstrep. She has a kind of the "destiny" of the rich and famous. She is not bright enough to be in the top only by herself.. (like Zara Philips in ex) and automatically being just average but loving these things where she is average, her name, fame and beauty help her. And the question is : Who would reject using these arms which could make life sooo easier?

Back
Top Bottom