Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like many, I had high hopes for their relationship; it seemed quite serious for years, as well as effortless/natural. Eugenie has - IMHO - been a negative catalyst in the change in their relationship - even while they were dating seriously, she seemed to be such a presence in Tatiana's life.....to the point, now, that she is with her and that gang (Margheritta, etc) more often than Charlotte and even Andrea. There seem to be only shots of them at events, not wandering the streets of Paris or NY, or at the NY's Eve party, etc, like we used to see - nothing where they would just go, privately, as a couple - only events that are around fashion. Who knows - you're right CasiraghiTrio, in that, Andrea is not a publicity hound, so sightings of him are because the media is looking for him, not because he's called someone at Vogue and said "we'll be here, so come and take some pictures."

Follow up question from Char's equestrian thread: Did Valentine and Charlotte have a falling out, or have they just grown apart over the years? They used to be inseparable - photographed together at equestrian- and fashion-related events; strange that Valentine wasn't even at the Vogue event, since it's her family's hotel, and it's been reported here that she has been studying business (maybe hotel mgmt) and is more involved in hotel-related activities.

I think that their common "hobby", horse riding, brought them together.
Then they might have lost contact since Char stopped riding for a while.:flowers:

A wolnderful article about the disabled written by Beatrice Borromeo on 'Il Fatto Quotidiano' Blog:

Italian version

Follow up question from Char's equestrian thread: Did Valentine and Charlotte have a falling out, or have they just grown apart over the years? They used to be inseparable - photographed together at equestrian- and fashion-related events; strange that Valentine wasn't even at the Vogue event, since it's her family's hotel, and it's been reported here that she has been studying business (maybe hotel mgmt) and is more involved in hotel-related activities.

I've been wondering about this too. Although they've both competed at Chantilly 2010 (not the same category of course), I haven't seen any photos of them together.
By the way, Valentine graduated with a Finance degree at Dauphine and currently manages her own business - Quintessence-Paris

Wow - I just reviewed Valentine's page - that answers some of the question as to why they don't socialize....Valentine doesn't seem to have as much time - between running a business (potential involvement in her family's hotel business, just because she should stay involved), and competing on a professional level - SHE'S BUSY!! It appears that Valentine stayed on the education-to-business track (no breaks to travel, etc), while Charlotte has done a little of this and a little of that....not sure if she's graduated from anywhere, etc; plus, she's dating Alex and spends time in London. And, maybe Valentine's dating, too...who knows.

So Val's mama, Sandrine, is commercial director? of Quintessence, for which Valentine is like a brand promoter? Like head of brand promotions, it looks like.

Valentine spent a little time in Shangai for an internship in business, a few years ago, but besides that, seems to have stayed in France for her studies and to continue on the amateur jumping circuit. Like TrepTrep has said in the equestrian thread, Valentine is actually a VERY GOOD amateur jumper. But it seems that she does it quietly. She doesn't toot her horn, if you know what I mean.

Yes, she's good. By the way, she won Tour de Aix Meyreuil last Sunday.

Maybe Valentine doesn't want to be in the public eye anymore. She has the right to refuse having her pictures in print just like Charlotte does. They could have been to together at Chantilly but refused photos of them together.

I always thought that they just grew appart. Maybe the chatted when they met at the last jumping and we just don't have pics...

In any case, I am under the impression that Valentine is and has been for a long time an extraordinarily focused girl. She has persued her passion for jumping since she was a teenager, without the common breaks many teens take when they go to college, start adult life, etc. And she's very good at was she does but at the same time very level-headed and talks of herself as an amateur.

At the same time she's finished her studies, started work in the family business... without gap years, or tempations of taking up a socialite life! I think this is extraordinary for someone who so many options.

And she looks like a very interesting girl who really knows how to manage time. Not only is she focused and a good student and hard worker, she does surprising things and for a while she took part in several car rallies!

And she had such a fun and interesting fashion style...

I just want to clarify one thing. When we use the word "Hôtel" in french, it can have two meanings. It can be what everybody knows as a hotel, in english or any other language, but it can also mean a mansion or small palace. If we talk about Paris, the Louvre is a château, but they are also many big palace like residences who belonged to the nobility and rich people from the 15th century till the 19th century, that in english would be called palace or mansion, and in french are called "hôtel particulier", or just "hôtel" to make it shorter.
That's the case of the hôtel pozzo di borgo. It is not what in english is called a hotel, but a private mansion. I've google and it was built in 1707 and apparently it doesn't belong to the Pozzo di Borgo since the 19th century, so, after all, it's not that weird if Valentine wasn't at the VOgue party.

It looks really fake to me. Why is it in English? She wouldn't be throwing around Charlotte and Ps's name like that. PS always wears Dior. I just read that her family hasn't owned the hotel property for 100 years.

That property has been up for sale for years. I'm not sure if somebody already bought it. Here's an old article saying that the owners are the Pozzo di Borgo family. It doesn't say the actual address nor does it say Hotel Pozzo di Borgo but it mentioned that Karl Largerfeld lived there for sometime time, so I'm guessing its the same property. I've also read another article where Val's father and her uncle were interviewed about selling the place.

There are a lot of contradictory informations about the hôtel in the internet. In some places it says the family sold it 100 years ago, in other they are trying to sell it, in others, they sold in through Christies in 2006!

I've finally found this. It looks well researched and acurate but who knows:
Misscellaneous: Hôtel Pozzo di Bongo

Didn't Val's dad become le Duc in 2008? Maybe since he succeeded to the title, and properties he decided to sell to cover expenses for the late Duc. I don't know if France has the same kind of astronomical death duties that fall to the British aristocracy.

Yes CasiraghiTrio, you are correct with the death duties. Her dad did mention that there are around 10 or 12? (forgot the exact number) of them who are heirs so if one of them dies, the rest would be paying huge amounts of tax. I wish I had saved that article.

Pierre's dog looks like a stray he probably got from a dog's home. Good for him!:flowers:

they are with JT Besins and her girlfriend (Cleopatra Olivia Von Adelsheim??) Do anyone know if they are living in Rome?

The text under the pics say that they are in New York (!!!) despite taht it is obvious that they are in Italy. It says also that their bodyguard tried to stop a paparazzi and a fighting happened in they streets.

The poor dog cannot walk, his leash is too short!

I agree - the leash is the appropriate length, but the dog is not paying attention - too distracted by surroundings (or, inexperience from lack of training). Either way, it looks tough, but as that dog grows (looks like a German Sheppard or GS/Mix), it will be strong enough to pull Pierre down, if he gets distracted and wants to chase another dog, cat, etc.

Oh yeah that has to be a training leash! Yeah, that's gonna be a big dog!!!! Her name is Uma! She is growing up so fast. He got that dog for Beatrice fairly recently, I heard. It's not exactly German Shepard, definitely a mix, and the breed, I forgot....... starts with an L. I know who knows.... Thecia! She's the one who told me this info. She knows the breed too.

BTW, see the guy who sorta looks like Pierre and who wears the Fedora hat? He really looks like Pierre, doesn't he? He could be a cousin, seriously.

Oh yeah that has to be a training leash! Yeah, that's gonna be a big dog!!!! Her name is Uma! She is growing up so fast. He got that dog for Beatrice fairly recently, I heard. It's not exactly German Shepard, definitely a mix, and the breed, I forgot....... starts with an L. I know who knows.... Thecia! She's the one who told me this info. She knows the breed too.

It's called 'Lupo Italiano' = Italian Wolf.

Well, we know giving a pet indicates a certain level of committment - which, with Pierre and Beatrice, there doesn't seem to be any question that they are committed! I mention that because, should there be a break up.....who gets the pet - can get ugly....

Training or not, the dog has to be able to reach the ground with its paws. Pierre should know better or he could hurt the dog.

By the way, about Valentine's Journal. It's got to be fake. She links to a "Pierre" who links to an Andrea"; and the "Andrea" said he no longer will be writing as Andrea. Making it clear it was just pretend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom