The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Serene Highness

The "closeness" of Char and Eugenie reminds you of her relationship with Valentine - they were ALWAYS together!! Eugenie seems, also, to be friends w/Tatiana, because they've been photographed at events (sometimes w/out Charlotte).

Old 01-08-2008, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
The "closeness" of Char and Eugenie reminds you of her relationship with Valentine - they were ALWAYS together!! Eugenie seems, also, to be friends w/Tatiana, because they've been photographed at events (sometimes w/out Charlotte).
I think this friendship is stronger, though. Charlotte and Valentine were only seen together in equestrian events, when they compited or when they were invited to some event by Marionnaud. We never saw them together as real friends, going out, travelling or shopping. They obviously liked eachother, but I doubt they were real friends. Eugenie and Charlotte in the other hand do alla kind of stuff together.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú View Post
I think this friendship is stronger, though. Charlotte and Valentine were only seen together in equestrian events, when they compited or when they were invited to some event by Marionnaud. We never saw them together as real friends, going out, travelling or shopping. They obviously liked eachother, but I doubt they were real friends. Eugenie and Charlotte in the other hand do alla kind of stuff together.
I have seen pics of Charlotte and Valentine at parties, shopping etc. I also remeber pictures of the two of them with Caroline shopping in Saint Remy. They were young, they surely didn't go to many important and jet set parties and public events, besides the the paparazzi didn't follow Charlotte as they do now, that's the reason why we haven't seen many pics, but I am sure they were best friends!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Courtier

I think she and Valentine just grew apart...Charlotte also used to be more involved with Felix's sis when they were together but now not so much...

I'm thinking if anything were to happen with her and Alex than her relationship with Charlotte and Alice would change to. Eugenie has always been there though...through all the breakups and separations...I think that's her main BFF...LOL
Old 01-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Aristocracy

Lets hope she'll not go out with Euginie brother (Is that the one who was once with Paris Hilton?). Actually I did suprise to see Cecile at the Grand Prix last year together with Alex and all. At least they are still friends...
Old 01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
I have seen pics of Charlotte and Valentine at parties, shopping etc. I also remeber pictures of the two of them with Caroline shopping in Saint Remy. They were young, they surely didn't go to many important and jet set parties and public events, besides the the paparazzi didn't follow Charlotte as they do now, that's the reason why we haven't seen many pics, but I am sure they were best friends!
Sorry, but I think that you are quite wrong. Charlotte and Valentine went together to parties only when these were sponsored by Marionnaud or were related to horse events, like the party where Charlotte wore the magnificent brown velvet dress or another one where she is wearing a black chanel cocktail dress and singing at a microphone.
I don't think we have never seen a single pic of Charlotte and Valentine going shopping together, neither in Paris, Saint-Rémy or Monaco. You are very probably mistaken.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I don't think we have never seen a single pic of Charlotte and Valentine going shopping together, neither in Paris, Saint-Rémy or Monace. You are very probably mistaken.
Sorry Tutu, but I AM NOT wrong at all.
I remember clearly well those pics.
Unfortunately I haven't them anymore, but they were on a mag.
You haven't seen those pics. I have. That's it.
Sorry.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Sorry Tutu, but I AM NOT wrong at all.
I remember clearly well those pics.
Unfortunately I haven't them anymore, but they were on a mag.
You haven't seen those pics. I have. That's it.
Sorry.
I'm pretty sure I have seen everything about charlotte that has been around the Internet for many years. They never were any pics of Charlotte and Valentine shopping together in Saint Rémy or anywhere else.
I don't know if you are imagining things and it is an honest mistake or if you are lying.
If anyone has seen those imaginary pics, could you post the links please?
Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I haven't seen those pics either, the only pics taken of Charlotte with Valentine aside from horseriding events are those from her 15th birthday which were in PDV I believe, and still I think they were all together for a horse riding event. Apart from that all the pics I ever saw of them together were for Mariannaud and horse riding events.

I think that if they were very close friends afterall, she would have arrived together to Charlotte's 18th birthday party at La Vigie like Eugenie and Cecile did, or seen her at the Rose Ball in the last years.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

I dont remember shopping pictures either but I'm 100 % sure that valentine was at least with them in zürs, hope that helps...
Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Nobility

New pics
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ml#post3955671
Old 01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I have seen everything about charlotte that has been around the Internet for many years. They never were any pics of Charlotte and Valentine shopping together in Saint Rémy or anywhere else.
I don't know if you are imagining things and it is an honest mistake or if you are lying.
If anyone has seen those imaginary pics, could you post the links please?
Tutu, first of all: I am not imagining things, it is not a mistake and I am not lying. Why on earth should I lye?
This is very unrespectful and unpolite of you.
I do remember those pics on an Italian mag ( they were looking at belts ) and I would lye if I said that I am wrong, just to make you feel better.
The fact that you haven't seen them doesn't prove anyting! Have you read all the Italian magazine in the last years?
You haven't even seen the pics in Zurs that Mrs. Smith saw. So I guess that you will start insulting also Mrs.Smith, as you haven't seen those pics.
I couldn't care less if you believe me or not. I have no problems.
If you feel better I will say that you are right, because I am really fed up.
You should only apologize for saying that I am a liar!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, I've seen the pics you are talking about. Pics from 2003. Charlotte and CAROLINE were in Saint-Rémy and they were looking at belts at a street market. Charlotte was wearing a white flowered dress over her trousers. AND VALENTINE WAS NOT THERE.
You can have a look at those pics here:
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/car...os/browse/bf63

Is it so hard for you to admit that you were mistaken?
Also I can't remember any pics of Valentine skiing with the casiraghi crowd. Anybody can post a link?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, I've seen the pics you are talking about. Pics from 2003. Charlotte and CAROLINE were in Saint-Rémy and they were looking at belts at a street market. Charlotte was wearing a white flowered dress over her trousers. AND VALENTINE WAS NOT THERE.
You can have a look at those pics here:
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/car...os/browse/bf63

Is it so hard for you to admit that you were mistaken?
Also I can't remember any pics of Valentine skiing with the casiraghi crowd. Anybody can post a link?
I cannot open the pic, so I don't know, you could be right.
If I was wrong I haven't any problem to say it. As I told you before, I am happy if you feel better.
Nonetheless, using your words, it is so hard for you to apologize for saying I am liar?
Does this proof that Charlotte and Valentine were not great friends?
Old 01-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

I didn't say you were a liar. I just said that I didn't know whether you were making an honest mistake or lying. And it's true. I didn't know then, although I do believe now that it was honest.

About the pics proving or not that they were great friends, well, you're right when you say that that particular pic does not mean anything. But to me, the fact that we've never seen Valentine spend time with Charlotte outside their "jobs" as Marionnaud girls means something.
O.k. maybe they did go out together and the paps never caught them. It's a possibility, but it's weird. They obviously liked each other, spend a lot of time with the same horse crowd and were happy together. But I doubt they ever were best or really close friends.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I didn't say you were a liar. I just said that I didn't know whether you were making an honest mistake or lying. And it's true. I didn't know then, although I do believe now that it was honest.

About the pics proving or not that they were great friends, well, you're right when you say that that particular pic does not mean anything. But to me, the fact that we've never seen Valentine spend time with Charlotte outside their "jobs" as Marionnaud girls means something.
O.k. maybe they did go out together and the paps never caught them. It's a possibility, but it's weird. They obviously liked each other, spend a lot of time with the same horse crowd and were happy together. But I doubt they ever were best or really close friends.
You really can't say that either. Keep in mind that Charlotte has recently gotten more media attention than ever. Times have changed and the paparazzi are really on them now. Also, when Char and Val were friends, they were much younger, so maybe they weren't into shopping and doing public stuff. Or maybe they weren't photographed doing it! Maybe they were content to hang out at each other's houses and do sleep overs. I don't know. But I do think they were close. It's just that as you mature and grow up, close can be defined in different ways.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
You really can't say that either. Keep in mind that Charlotte has recently gotten more media attention than ever. Times have changed and the paparazzi are really on them now. Also, when Char and Val were friends, they were much younger, so maybe they weren't into shopping and doing public stuff. Or maybe they weren't photographed doing it! Maybe they were content to hang out at each other's houses and do sleep overs. I don't know. But I do think they were close. It's just that as you mature and grow up, close can be defined in different ways.

I don't agree with you in two things.
Maybe in some countries Charlotte is getting more media attention right now but in my country it is just the oposite. I think that Charlotte received more media atentionwhen she was a teenager than now. Several years ago she appeared in the gossip magazines nearly eveyweak and now you are lucky if you catch her once a month or even less. Maybe it is because for the spanish press Caroline is always the star and so Charlotte was more interesting whe she did things with her, or maybe because she was more stylish back then and so she was more interesting for glossy magazines.
In any case, even if she has become more known in some places these last years, it is not because the media did not follow her in the same way earlier, and all the spanish magazines are the proof.

Also, you forget that Valentine is 2 years older than Charlotte. When they were so close Charlotte was 15-18, and Valentine was 17-20 years old!!!! Do you mean that a 20 years old does not go out to bars and parties and shopping and just sleeps over at her friends as if she was a 13 years old!!!
I.M.O, while Charlotte was just a schoolgirl, Valentine was already going to university and probably living on her own. So, appart from horses they had really different lives. I doubt that someone who seems so independent as valentine (she was a rallye driver at 21, she is a serious horsewoman, has finished her studies at university...) was just sleeping at her friends at 20!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Commoner

I like Valentine. Most of the pictures I saw between Charlotte and her friends, its her pictures w/ Valentine I like best. They always seem to have fun and enjoyed each other's company, shows real affection between friends.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyjibo View Post
I like Valentine. Most of the pictures I saw between Charlotte and her friends, its her pictures w/ Valentine I like best. They always seem to have fun and enjoyed each other's company, shows real affection between friends.
I do not doubt there was friendship and affection between them. I just don't think that Valentine was Charlotte's best friend (or even close friend).
Old 01-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Commoner

well we can never know for sure, unless we get confirmation from Charlotte herself.